Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Child romances

Comments

• Options
    SydcupcakesSydcupcakes Posts: 79 Member
    I like this idea. Just simple innocent acts though (no romance bar). Just little things like 'Reveal Crush' and 'Play House'
  • Options
    xXEnglishGirlXxxXEnglishGirlXx Posts: 14 New Member
    Okay, I'll be honest. I dislike all these "cooties" ideas. Kids don't use this nowadays. It's old and kids are becoming more mature. Just saying, I don't mind if this is implemented in a Childhood Romance mod, since a lot of people request it. I respect your opinions! ;)
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Okay, I'll be honest. I dislike all these "cooties" ideas. Kids don't use this nowadays. It's old and kids are becoming more mature. Just saying, I don't mind if this is implemented in a Childhood Romance mod, since a lot of people request it. I respect your opinions! ;)

Maybe not where you live, but "cooties" is still dominant in other areas
  • Options
    Aude06Aude06 Posts: 1 New Member
    To me, child Sims seem to be 8 to 12, depending on hairdressing and clothes.
    I don't see how you could picture them be 5...
    So first kiss could be fine, but just on lips, like 6th graders at middle school...
  • Options
    JoshuaSims0JoshuaSims0 Posts: 207 Member
    IF we get pre-teens (Which i doubt will happen) maybe there will be crushes
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    IF we get pre-teens (Which i doubt will happen) maybe there will be crushes

I think that crushes should be for every life stage......but it ought to be different reactions for different stages.....
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Personally, I'm all for it. Kids do experience these kind of feelings, and crushes and ewws work alongside each other, they don't belong to different stages of life :-) The OP's suggestions of 'kiss cheek' and 'you look pretty' are just fitting. Something like 'hold hands' would be cute, too. But this divides people. I just don't believe that sexuality in kids is something to be feared or discouraged in real life, so why in a game?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    KlumsyKateKlumsyKate Posts: 451 Member
    No child romances. Crushes will work.
  • Options
    Childhood romances would totally rock!! There could also be a "be sweet on" option. The kid could share toys and things!
  • Options
    CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    People saying that these things don't happen around this age we're probably ugly kids lol! I'm not trying to be rude but when i was younger a lot of other kids in my school had crushes on me and there was all this gossip about who liked who and definitely happened innocent kisses, we're just not malicious around that age, it's not that serious. And I want this feature so bad!
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Child romance?
    I like this idea. Just simple innocent acts though (no romance bar). Just little things like 'Reveal Crush' and 'Play House'

But unlike that comment, than say no romance bar, I would suggest no romance bar but a hidden skill (than would work similar to character value) than say if your child when grow up tend to be hetero or gay
  • Options
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Child romance?

But unlike that comment, than say no romance bar, I would suggest no romance bar but a hidden skill (than would work similar to character value) than say if your child when grow up tend to be hetero or gay

I don't think labeling in that manner ought to be a part of the game. There's definitely nothing wrong with any orientation like that, but people as a whole are sketchy about things of that nature. I think it's best that they do have a "crush bar" or something. It'd definitely be cool to see, when they get older, that crush bar become the romance bar. Say they meet someone in their childhood that they really like, they grow up with them through school and hanging together, and finally when they are teens? They start to love each other and it no longer becomes just a crush. That would be cool.

• Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited August 2017
    Come on. Kids are kids. Leave that be. Stop forcing romance on children, if you want it in your game play with teenagers. I realize kids get crushes in real life but if you'd feel comfortable playing it out in a game there must be something wrong with you honestly.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited August 2017
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Child romance?

I don't think labeling in that manner ought to be a part of the game. There's definitely nothing wrong with any orientation like that, but people as a whole are sketchy about things of that nature. I think it's best that they do have a "crush bar" or something. It'd definitely be cool to see, when they get older, that crush bar become the romance bar. Say they meet someone in their childhood that they really like, they grow up with them through school and hanging together, and finally when they are teens? They start to love each other and it no longer becomes just a crush. That would be cool.

LOL EPIC FAIL (my comment)
    Now than I read both comments, mine and yours, I wanted to say tendency for males or females
  • Options
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Child romance?

LOL EPIC FAIL (my comment)
    Now than I read both comments, mine and yours, I wanted to say tendency for males or females

Same thing goes for tendencies......I still don't think it should be in game........
    agustd wrote: »
    Come on. Kids are kids. Leave that be. Stop forcing romance on children, if you want it in your game play with teenagers. I realize kids get crushes in real life but if you'd feel comfortable playing it out in a game there must be something wrong with you honestly.

Nothing wrong with crushes......my sister's kids (ages 11, 9, and 7) have talked to me before about them having boyfriends and girlfriends......they started that talk even earlier than that. All I am saying is that, again, crushes are a real thing and it would be really sweet to see it in game.

If the crush bar were a thing, they'd get it when they start to hang around a certain sim a lot or something. Or maybe perhaps this is the perfect way to re-introduce the attraction system again in a more unique way. When a child likes another like that, you could get a "puppy love" moodlet. Then that would alert you that you could do interactions like "pull hair" (and other things that kids do when they like someone but don't know how to show it). And finally, when the crush bar is filled, they can have a "hold hands" interaction. And of course, that interaction would be vastly different in body language and the way they speak from when the teens and older people do it.

Lastly, you must feel really strongly about the subject at hand, but there is no need to insult people by saying what you did in bold. No matter what you meant by it, it is seen as an insult and that has no place on the forums. There are rules against that, just saying.
  • Options

iwiqvPf.png

My sim Ben (on the left), had a crush on Erika (to the right) and they did everything together. They really liked each other a lot.....it grew from puppy love to something more substantial when they were older. It was really sweet. I would have liked for them to at least be able to hold hands and tease each other about liking each other etc.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I think crushes would be a cute addition to the game. I would like to see it with preteens thou. We realized my niece had a crush when she grew this powerful urge to walk their dog 4 times a day past this boys house. I also remember a boy who had a crush on my sister. He would give her little presents, walk her to school and carry her backpack. He also turned a beautiful shade of red anytime he was around her. It was adorable. My favorite was Tim D. Every girl in my school loved him. The poor guy could not go anywhere without a pack of girls chasing him. They literally chased the boy down the street. What we they going to do when they caught him? I don't think any of these events could be added to the game but they were hilariously funny at the time.
  • Options
    Nope....noooooooo preteens thanks......the game does not need yet another life stage
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited August 2017
    michelei wrote: »
    I think crushes would be a cute addition to the game. I would like to see it with preteens thou. We realized my niece had a crush when she grew this powerful urge to walk their dog 4 times a day past this boys house. I also remember a boy who had a crush on my sister. He would give her little presents, walk her to school and carry her backpack. He also turned a beautiful shade of red anytime he was around her. It was adorable. My favorite was Tim D. Every girl in my school loved him. The poor guy could not go anywhere without a pack of girls chasing him. They literally chased the boy down the street. What we they going to do when they caught him? I don't think any of these events could be added to the game but they were hilariously funny at the time.

I like your idea on the Pre-teen especially because at a child's age I would lie if I would children do not have little crushes but they do its called more so puppy love then a child romance.

Now Pre-teen I've seen it but I was to shy to do it but they do have romances because at this age is when they really take notice of someone. I believe it should be a softer romance romance compared to teens like holding hands, kiss on the cheek, write your crushes name on binders and paper, write secret admirers, carve the tree with initials and heart.

My niece was always fixing up her clothes checking her hair and we were outside she told to go away while she talks to this young boy grinning wide from ear to ear while talking to the boy in some cases acting nervous my sister and I had to giggle looking at our niece and the funny thing we ask her who is that she answered nobody. We had to laugh.
  • Options
    LadyLuxLadyLux Posts: 34 Member
    Nah, I like kids being kids. Kids can tickle eachother and hug eachother and tell eachother secrets-- really not sure it needs more than that crush-relationship wise? Reserve the other stuff for post-puberty teendom imo, they can advance to more flirty stuff in that stage imo.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    no sorry but i disagree with this idea

Totally saw that coming.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    No, not necessarily all that woohoo stuff, but maybe just a 'kiss cheek' or 'you look pretty' interaction.

Maybe not a good idea....

Maxis add/allow romance for children --> MCCC WooHoo and Wicked Wims will do the rest

I seriously doubt the creators of those mods would enable child woohoo.
  • Options
    BlueStreetBlueStreet Posts: 174 Member
    edited August 2017
    I was going to school at 6, and yes I had crushes on girls at 6. So I see no issue with children having a romance bar. But I tend to see the child sims as 6 - 11.
  • Options
    esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member

i agree, i find it kind of creepy, they can just get into the romance area when theyre teens theres no need for it as children
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top