Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- Can my Mac run The Sims 4? Answers can be found here -

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @Alonely14 with all setting son low it may work but your Intel 3000 graphics may struggle

@Mariel should do but again, settings on low/medium with laptop mode enabled. The more packs you add the slower the game may become

@Vinylman it will work
    apple-signature.png
  • seung92seung92 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi thanks for all these posts :smile:
    Just got Sims 4 for my MacBook after realizing it might not fit on my hard drive :neutral: LOL
    I will try downloading onto my external hard drive (after work today) and let you all know how it went.
    Hopefully it will work :smiley:
  • TheSimsFlixTheSimsFlix Posts: 23 Member
    I'm running it on an SSD and it loads so much faster than on my windows computer. I can run it at low-medium settings just fine, but I'm going to try out higher settings later. Specs:

Macbook Pro Retina mid-2013
    Intel Iris
    Intel i5 Core
    8GB
  • simsoniaresimsoniare Posts: 2 New Member
    Could anyone let me know whether my laptop can run the sims 4 base game and maybe the city living pack? I don't mind if the graphics are mediocre as long as it doesn't freeze and crash like sims 3.

Specs
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
    2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel Iris 1536 MB
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    How much RAM do you have and are you running another EPs, SPs or GPs for Sims 4?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • simsoniaresimsoniare Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > How much RAM do you have and are you running another EPs, SPs or GPs for Sims 4?

Sorry were you asking me?
    Yes, I was. :)
  • bandsbitxhbandsbitxh Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi guys, I'm thinking about buying a new computer.
    My current favourite is the 5K iMac:
    -4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
    -32GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM
    -1TB Flash Storage
    -AMD Radeon R9 M395X with 4GB video memory

What do you think about installing the Sims 4 (all expansions and game/stuff packs etc) on this?
    Would it run well?- I've heard mixed reviews about playing on Mac.
    Advice and opinions would be appreciated.
    bandsbitxh wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm thinking about buying a new computer.
    My current favourite is the 5K iMac:
    -4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
    -32GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM
    -1TB Flash Storage
    -AMD Radeon R9 M395X with 4GB video memory

What do you think about installing the Sims 4 (all expansions and game/stuff packs etc) on this?
    Would it run well?- I've heard mixed reviews about playing on Mac.
    Advice and opinions would be appreciated.

It will be fine.
    apple-signature.png
  • loganshetters1995loganshetters1995 Posts: 4 New Member
    I've got an Mid 2012 MacBook pro Retina 15" with a GT 650M 1GB dedicated card, I've recently decided to bootcamp with windows 10 creator update on it, when I run the sims on it, I can't seem to get my graphics to even look decent on it, can anyone help me with this?
  • officialivancruzofficialivancruz Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'm wondering if my MacBook will run TS4?

INFORMATION
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports
    Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536MB

Hoping to get the game during the 50% sale so it would help a lot!
  • toby123456toby123456 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I'm not good with computers but I'm in the market for a new iMac. Can this iMac run TS4 with EP's and Mods? And if so, what settings? I think I'll probably run TS4 with bootcamp.

Information:
    Model: iMac (21.5 inch ) ( Retina 4k display )
    Processer: 3.0GHz Quad-Core 7th generation Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8GB 2400MHz memory
    Graphics: Radeon Pro 555 with 2GB video memory

Thank you!
    toby123456 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm not good with computers but I'm in the market for a new iMac. Can this iMac run TS4 with EP's and Mods? And if so, what settings? I think I'll probably run TS4 with bootcamp.

Information:
    Model: iMac (21.5 inch ) ( Retina 4k display )
    Processer: 3.0GHz Quad-Core 7th generation Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8GB 2400MHz memory
    Graphics: Radeon Pro 555 with 2GB video memory

Thank you!

If you're running it in Boot Camp then you're better off asking how the AMD GPU performs in the PC tech forum. Running it in macOS will be fine.

apple-signature.png
  • s3hiaas3hiaa Posts: 1 New Member
    Just wondering, will my sims 4 work on my mac?

OS X Yosemite (version 10.10.5)

13" Macbook air early 2015
    1.6 GHz Intel core i5
    4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
    You have only 4GB of RAM which is not a lot and you may be able to only run the Base game if even that. But you will not be able to run with any additional content (EPs, SPs, or GPs).
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm trying to convince my family I need new computer specifically dedicated to play sims4. I already replaced battery once. It runs game very well, but heats up and gets loud (fans) during the game. It's not new and I want to have it for other tasks. Is it possible to kill MBP with sims 4 ? It's the only game I play, but I play mostly every day.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Macintosh HD
    Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
    15.4-inch (2880 x 1800)
  • Nite799Nite799 Posts: 1 New Member
    Good morning everyone, just to be sure before I buy:

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)
    2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Thanks a lot!

n.
    @Feisbukaite the fans are loud because it gets hot whilst you play. That's normal and stops the machine from overheating and eventually dying in a burnt out mess. Make sure you elevate it so air can circulate underneath. Don't have your graphics settings too high as this will contribute to more heat.

@Nite799 Upgrade it to 8Gb RAM and you'll be fine. You may not be able to play on high graphics settings though with a 512Mb GPU.
    apple-signature.png
  • fcallalily99fcallalily99 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have never been able to run The Sims 3 on my MacBook Air 2014. Not sure if there is any chance of running The Sims 4 even on low settings? I can of course update to El Capitan, or if there is anything else I can do, besides buying a new computer of course.

OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5
    1.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    4 GB MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Thank you.
    Definitely update to El Capitan or higher. Always, always keep your Mac OS up to date. In regards to Sims 3, there is a whole Sims 3 Mac Help Section there. You just have to click on the Sims 3 links and then Help Center and then Mac Section. There are many threads about how to get Sims 3 to run on your computer, but please realize that you cannot run all of Sims 3 on a laptop.

In regards to Sims 4, the only information you did not supply was how much RAM you have and I highly recommend 8GB or more.
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    looks like my graphics card can't handle the pets EP :( they removed the NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB...
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    southaltan wrote: »
    looks like my graphics card can't handle the pets EP :( they removed the NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB...

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GT-320M-vs-GeForce-9600M-GT

It's possible you might have an issue running pets . Ask @Tremayne4260 or @BluebellFlora

And they've removed the 9400M. In fact none of the EPs support those two cards :(

apple-signature.png
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    new specs updated for the Sims 4 Cats & Dogs update--

MAC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM SPECS:
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz Processor or better
    RAM: At least 4 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: At least 3 GB of free space (14 GB if installing with The Sims™ 4) with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
    VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better.
    INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
    ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
    PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 or better
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
    MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: 18 GB of Hard Drive space
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited August 2017

And they've removed the 9400M. In fact none of the EPs support those two cards :(

This is interesting. @BluebellFlora Mac did not get a CD version of this game, correct? That maybe why they were able to change the specs on their web for Mac. I don't know that they can change specs for PC because of the original CD. I went and looked but I don't remember what the original minimum requirements were for PC to know if they were changed and I don't have the game on disc.

PS EA should put a sticky thread in the Mac section here to let people know the specs for the game have changed