Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Cats & Dogs EP

lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
I'm so excited for the new EP, it's probably gonna be my favorite one yet!!! But I have some questions. I don't know if they can answers these questions but let's try.

1. Is the color wheel just for Create-a-Pet or is it also available for sim's hairs, clothes, objects, etc.? Confirmed to be exclusive to Creat-a-Pet.
2. I know the EP is called "Cats and Dogs", but are there small pets like hamsters, birds, fish (which can be fed, unlike the ones we currently have) as well like in the previous Pets EPs of previous games?
3. Can pets drink water/milk? Do they have a thirst need?
4. Are pets controllable? Confirmed NOT.
5. Do pets have emotions?
6. Are there other wild animals like the fox we saw in the trailer?
7. How many pets can a household have at maximum? Confirmed that the household capacity is the same (1 pet counts as 1 sim).
8. Are there pet stores? Can we sell pets, pet food, toys, etc. in a store if we have Get to Work?
9. Is there an elder life stage for pets? Confirmed YES.
Post edited by lexus20 on

Comments

• esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member
    There hasnt been enough info released yet to answer all of this i think, but personally, i dont think the color wheel will be available for sims but they could surprise us. and i guess we'll see about smaller pets, they werent in the trailer but they may have left it out to put the main focus on the main animals since theyre the most important. and pets are not controllable, but they do have wants and fears i think
  • JosabellJosabell Posts: 58 Member
    SimGuru Lyndsay just tweeted that there will not be a create-a-style for sims in CAS (the color wheel and such). It is exclusively for pets.
  • JosabellJosabell Posts: 58 Member
    edited August 2017
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    Kind of bummed out that we can't control pets. Oh well the rest of the pack looks amazing so I won't complain!!
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    Didn't saw the trailler yet but one thing o already liked is, cats and dogs are not controllable. Let's see the rest. it's a shame that there isn't any other pets, but i was already expecting this, and i only want that with this EP they do a good job and at least in the subject cats and dogs they don't do a imcomplete EP like the others
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I don't understand. What's the point of having uncontrollable pets?
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    What traits can pets have?
    What exactly is meant with fears that pets have?
    What are the premades for the new neighborhood?
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I got two question

Is there any new radio stations?
    Are there new tracks in simlish?

If they don't add correctly I'll be upset as heck or I'll be fine with it!
  • NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »

We have the element surprise that this game is lacking, everything is too perfect, now you can expect your pets to do unpredictable things, for me is much more fun this way.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Pets have fears so they have emotions.
  • KeoriKeori Posts: 1,024 Member
    my question is are the pets able to breed/ woo hoo right?
  • yodamiiyodamii Posts: 106 Member
    My ideas/hopes for this pack are:

- that the pets will have distinct personalities, and many to choose from, or perhaps multiple traits (though not as much as adult sims). Say, if I end up having 3 cats and 3 dogs, I don't want them to have the same behavioural patterns, I want them to each add something different to my sim's life. Also their behaviour should change as they age, which I think is obvious.

- there should be some obvious enmity between pets and those they don't like, other pets or sims alike. For example if my grumpy cat hates the neighbour, it should be able to attack them :) and since the pets are not playable, I imagine this would add a fun, 'danger' aspect to walking though the neighbourhood

- since I've never played pets in the sims before I don't know if this is what it was like in the past, but though the pets are not playable, the sims should be able to control their pets' breeding somehow. Breeding between different breeds should also be a thing, to get interesting and unique animals. Also, what about neutering? I think it should be an option, to prevent our pets from unplanned litters?

I'd love to get answers to these at some point, maybe sooner to the release date though I guess
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I wonder if townies might spawn with pets or if the only pets will be premades in the world that comes with the EP and then our own sims adopted pets, I suspect townies should gets pets since there is a vet career but I'd like to know for sure. Would be a little boring if not.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
    Keori wrote: »
    my question is are the pets able to breed/ woo hoo right?

Why wouldn't they be able to bred? They always have in the past.
    I wonder if townies might spawn with pets or if the only pets will be premades in the world that comes with the EP and then our own sims adopted pets, I suspect townies should gets pets since there is a vet career but I'd like to know for sure. Would be a little boring if not.

There will be strays roaming around.
  • dixonyt11dixonyt11 Posts: 2 New Member
    Check out my video about cats and dogs eypansion pack :D
    https://youtu.be/TOKy-kydE3E
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »

You can't controls pets in real life, I like the idea that you can't in the game either! I'll be making my 3 cats and watching them create as much havoc in the game as they do in my real world...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • SilvermoonangelSilvermoonangel Posts: 6 New Member
    I actually like the idea that pets will be more spontaneous and uncontrollable. I loved pets in Sims 2, never did get it for Sims 3 though so not sure what I would be missing out on, on the playable part there. As long as there are enough traits I can pick for my pet to make them unique and the gameplay be different each time, I think the uncontrollable aspect will be fun. :)
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    How will the Loner trait affect pet ownership? Will my Loner Sim get stressed if her dog wants snuggles?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • ValxoValxo Posts: 56 Member
    In the create-a-pet livestream, the gurus said that we can't sell pets in stores because there is a lot of controversy around it in real life. But, we could sell pet "things".
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    Valxo wrote: »
    In the create-a-pet livestream, the gurus said that we can't sell pets in stores because there is a lot of controversy around it in real life. But, we could sell pet "things".

Due to the milling? i guess....but can we still give pets we breed ourselves to other neighbors? I aint just going to give it away
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    Valxo wrote: »

Due to the milling? i guess....but can we still give pets we breed ourselves to other neighbors? I aint just going to give it away

We can give pets away to anyone (I'm pretty sure) but we just can't get money from it.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Pets don't drink water per say. They can drink from puddles though. No pet stores and there are only cats and dogs (raccoons and foxes if you want to count those as well)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • RiotLilyRiotLily Posts: 54 Member
    I understand pets count towards the household total (default = 8). If aging is turned off, will pets in played households continue to age automatically? or will we be able to age them up manually?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    RiotLily wrote: »
    I understand pets count towards the household total (default = 8). If aging is turned off, will pets in played households continue to age automatically? or will we be able to age them up manually?

I read from some users that the gurus mentioned a treat that you can make or buy that will allow you to age pets manually.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    RiotLily wrote: »

I play with aging off, so this was a concern for me as sometimes I need to age up a sim. Cats and dogs will not age with aging off. And, yes, there is a pet treat that you can buy from a vending machine at the vets or make with a high enough skill in cooking.