Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 CATS AND DOGS TRAILER

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I let my sim pets age and die of natural causes anyway. But taking them to the vet and hearing bad news...that's really grim.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    loulouloulou Posts: 71 Member
    It's available for pre-order now on Origin.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Time to reserve my six copies.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    @icmnfrsh Yeah I agree with that but it might've been staged. It's not like sims can get the information that they have a terminal illness when they go to the hospital so I kind of doubt it will be the case with pets. Plus, they need to make it age appropriate as well and I think something like that might be crossing the line a little bit.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, I hope so. I don't think EA would do that.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    RamblingNymphRamblingNymph Posts: 13 New Member
    > @littlemissgogo said:
    > Nice. Nice nice nice! I wonder if they just didn't bother to showcase small pets in the vid? Hm! I can finally sleep soundly now at least.

Hi! I actually looked at the trailer for the sims3 pets, and it didn't show small pets either. It's probably because they tend to be a smaller feature of the packs. There's still a chance that there might not be small pets, but we should all just play it by ear.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2017
    IngeJones wrote: »
    They've really fleshed this pack out with so many things to do with and for the pets. And the new world looks very attractive.

So many things to do with and for? Where did you see all of that? A side from running with your pet, and you could walk them in a similar manner in TS3 just not run, I don't see anything that's not in previous games. In fact I see less things in here.

It's not a single Vet career that's going to make up for it, especially knowing how stores and other businesses work in TS4 which is, OFB did it much better, far better. And you can't be a vet in TS2 but you sure can make a Pet Store and sell pets.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Old or new stuff, I'm just happy that Dogs&Cats are finally finding their way into the game. I REALLY missed the human and Sims (most) best friend ;)
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I screamed I'm so excited!! They're so cute and was that a vet career?! Honestly I cannot wait it looks incredible :love:
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Excellent news about The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs. I just finished reading the blog. From what i can tell they definitely learned from some of the mistakes of Dine Out. For example, being able to not only BE the Vet but also hire staff, own the venue. I wonder if there will be some back fixing for Dine Out considering i'm sure they used a few of those components for this career. I'm loving what i've seen so far. Now to watch the trailer over and over again. i'm definitely buying.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    The fact that you can paint brush the pets like Leonardo Da Vinci, made me explode......
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I think the paintbrushing is the only part I'm not excited about. I'm not an artist. I'm bad at drawing, especially with the mouse. I hope there's going to be a wide selection of ready-made coats and patterns that I can just alter and improve upon!
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    Karlia wrote: »
    I think the paintbrushing is the only part I'm not excited about. I'm not an artist. I'm bad at drawing, especially with the mouse. I hope there's going to be a wide selection of ready-made coats and patterns that I can just alter and improve upon!

Yes there are pre-made coats, and you can make, out-of-the-ordinary coats with that kind of bad drawing....
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    PeachynesssPeachynesss Posts: 57 Member
    I'm impatient, I can't wait for 2 1/2 months! :love:
    319a2d108b51035bcdd43edc37866094.gif

Origin ID: Peachynesss
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I am a bit disappointed. I have no interest in cats or dogs. Watching the trailer just had me thinking that I still can not create my actual family in-game. We have two budgies. I am holding out for another pack that will include other small pets.
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I figure the vet is only if you play that career. I would love it if we could take our pets to the vet and not have to have our sim be the vet. I'm assuming it will work like the hospital career in game now.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I figure the vet is only if you play that career. I would love it if we could take our pets to the vet and not have to have our sim be the vet. I'm assuming it will work like the hospital career in game now.

You can take your sick pets to the vet.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member

You can own a clinic and be a vet, as well as take your pet to the veterinary clinic. I wish the doctor career would work this way. :(
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited August 2017

You can own a clinic and be a vet, as well as take your pet to the veterinary clinic. I wish the doctor career would work this way. :(

I rather have one of my leveled up Sims be the Vet knowing what he/she is doing than getting dog/cat treatment from some clumsy NPC dorks like our Bartenders and Butlers :D but so far we have not seen nor read much of it. I'm sure there is more to come.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    They've really fleshed this pack out with so many things to do with and for the pets.

Such as...?

http://simscommunity.info/2017/08/21/the-sims-4-cats-dogs-official-description-features/

None of this is new. The only new snippet of content is the Vet career (did Sims 1 have it...?), which isn't exactly direct Pet content.

This is a flowery description playing up their personalities, which:

A.) I've heard that before with the Sims 4 release

B.) Pets had personalities in every previous rendition so what's the big deal?

There's nothing new being shown here. That you insist these Pets have AMAZING NEW DETAIL only highlights how blinded by the hype this community can be.

You forgot to mention pet clothing is new thing. I agree with the rest what you said.
    NNpYlHF.jpg