Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 CATS AND DOGS TRAILER

Comments

• JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Wait OMG I just realized the dog the woman grew up with passed away :'(

Wow, that's actually very dark of them.
  • PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    Sims 2 flashback
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Is it just me or does the world in the trailer look a bit similar to Sunset Valley? :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member

that's a part of our lives
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sims 2 flashback

Why?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • mmickel95mmickel95 Posts: 30 Member
    So excited for the vet career! Can't wait for my sims to have pets in their homes!! Love the cute outfits you can put on your dog!!
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Looks like a new world too
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    They look great! And the corgi wearing a tuxedo and a hotdog costume is a nice touch. :D

SimGuruGrant has a corgi so maybe his dog wears this stuff. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

I'm trying to block that out.

Even after several years I'm still trying to block out the ending of Marley and Me in my mind.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I was just yesterday building a vet office with just objects from the previous packs and was sooo proud of it, I would've never expected an actual vet career, that's why I thought I'd just make it look like one and play pretend. It's so cool that our sims actually get to be a vet, I think that's the first time in Sims ever? Sad that there's no small pets or horses but I hope both will recieve a gamepack of themselves and I was mostly looking forward to dogs and cats anyway. I'm glad we can train them and that they have traits and I love that there's a vest that looks a little bit like a service dog vest. I hope there's some premade coats to choose from because I am not very artistic and I'm really curious how the genetics work with the self-drawn coats. I'm glad there's small dogs and big dogs because for some reason I was worried that they'd only include the large ones. Otherwise, I quite like the look of them! Reminds me a lot more of Sims 2, not too realistic like sims 3 so they fit the game's aesthetic.

I'm happy it comes out November the 10th, my birthday is a week later.
    @icmnfrsh Marley & Me and Hachiko were two of the saddest movies I've ever seen...
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Indeed. :(

Doggos are so precious. I'd rather not be reminded of those harsh realities.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

It's not dark, it's life.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    we have a vets!!!
    giphy_1.gif
    They've really fleshed this pack out with so many things to do with and for the pets. And the new world looks very attractive.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    They've really fleshed this pack out with so many things to do with and for the pets.

Such as...?
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
    They've really fleshed this pack out with so many things to do with and for the pets.

Such as...?

http://simscommunity.info/2017/08/21/the-sims-4-cats-dogs-official-description-features/
  • laladottyspotlalalaladottyspotlala Posts: 307 Member
    I can't wait for this! looks like they're bringing back the custom color wheel! and vets?! I can't wait for that either!!!
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    WAIT....The obstacle course is returning???
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited August 2017

Such as...?

http://simscommunity.info/2017/08/21/the-sims-4-cats-dogs-official-description-features/

None of this is new. The only new snippet of content is the Vet career (did Sims 1 have it...?), which isn't exactly direct Pet content.

This is a flowery description playing up their personalities, which:

A.) I've heard that before with the Sims 4 release

B.) Pets had personalities in every previous rendition so what's the big deal?

There's nothing new being shown here. That you insist these Pets have AMAZING NEW DETAIL only highlights how blinded by the hype this community can be.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sims 2 flashback

Why?

because they look like sims 2 pets
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
    @icmnfrsh There might be a way to turn off death just for pets. As far as I know there's a cheat like that for sims, right?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Karlia wrote: »
    @icmnfrsh There might be a way to turn off death just for pets. As far as I know there's a cheat like that for sims, right?

Turn off aging, maybe?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Perhaps! I'm sure there's a way around pet death, though personally I will be sad about their deaths but will play with aging and death enabled anyway because that seems more natural for me, progression wise.

I'm excited about that obstacle course mentioned in the official feature description. Agility is something I've always been interested in and it's a great way to keep dog and handler fit and having fun so I'm sooo looking forward to that.