Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please stop making these boring stuff packs and make stuff packs that people actually want

When i see a new sims expansion i usually hope for something exciting but im always met with a very disappointing stuff pack recently a stuff pack came out for toddlers and i was very upset.
Why does maxis give us stuff packs nobody wants or asks for yet only use ideas from the community when they likely don't have any that the whole team can agree on.
its getting very annoying there might as well be polls at this point i understand that the stuff packs may be needed and that i should not ask for any old pack like seasons but still if they are going to make stuff packs like this they should at least take our thoughts about the next pack into more consideration.
if this keeps up the game my go into a hibernation with nobody playing it until years later when a expansion that people actually care to try comes out.

the bowling pack was a waste honestly as it was simply a stuff pack that allowed sims to bowl this could have been saved for a game or Expansion pack that way it would have been much more fitting instead of making bowling a whole pack on its own.
I also want to talk about the toddlers pack that has recently come out if you read the youtube comments one of the top comments says
"Am I the only one that thinks this should've been in parenthood?" I agree completely with this if they were going to add this it would have been a must have addition to parenthood why would you instead make it a pack of its own?
these stuff packs feel like they are just things that maxis threw in to make some quick money reasons being that

1. most stuff packs only have about a few new objects that add new animations and effects.
2.some aspects of the stuff pack seem to be bugged for example butlers apparently don't work like butlers.
3. despite the community clearly being upset with most of the stuff packs they continue to make more not addressing the community's disappointment.

Comments

• JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    The toddler stuff pack is actually very useful because toddler CAS is very minimal, and so far it's shaping up to be one of the best / most useful (at least to family players) stuff packs for the Sims 4.

Also, it helps them make more money. Sad but true, a lot of corners were cut with The Sims 4, partly because of the commercial performance of the Sims 3. The Sims 4 is catching up to the Sims 3's sales. It already sold over 5 million copies last year. At this rate it is going to outsell The Sims 3.

Perhaps the stuff packs are actually helping this game more than we realize? Considering the EP team can only put out an EP once a year and GPs are totally randomly timed.
  • KishiNova12KishiNova12 Posts: 100 Member
    Falynios wrote: »
    A lot of people are excited for the toddler stuff pack. It's probably one of the most hyped stuff packs they've ever made. I'm not looking forward to it and won't be buying it, but I can still recognize when others want something that I don't want (which you seem unable to do)
    Can't speak for everyone else but from what I have seen on the forum, most people are more upset by the quantity of the stuff packs, than at the quality of them. I think they're all great at what they do- they allow the player to tailor their game to their liking by adding small amounts of specific content here and there. I don't see them as something expected to be liked by all players every time they release one.

I am able to recognize that other people want other things however if you had to choose which pack to make first qould you go with the opinion og the majority of the community or the minority

I also want to talk about the toddlers pack that has recently come out if you read the youtube comments one of the top comments says
    "Am I the only one that thinks this should've been in parenthood?" I agree completely with this if they were going to add this it would have been a must have addition to parenthood why would you instead make it a pack of its own?

This common complaint of "this pack should've been included in the pack before it" blows my mind every time I read it. Parenthood was released what..in May? It's almost September. Maybe, just maybe the items in toddler stuff weren't anywhere close to being ready by the time parenthood came out.

For people who like to constantly complain that the content in this game feels rushed, which it does, you sure like to demand that they rush it even more.
    nope in fact it is the opposite im saying they should have taken more time with the pack we already had a new game pack that many people were happy with at the time so parenthood could have waited and been much better having all the stuff that would have been in toddler stuff.

if there were polls from maxis that gave the community options for the next pack i highly doubt anything like that would happen but you most likely mean community polls meaning anyone makes a poll and gives options to other community members. Even then something like this probably wouldn't happen and it would be difficult to go by anyway it would be easier to let maxis decide what options there would be.
  • FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    edited August 2017
    I am able to recognize that other people want other things however if you had to choose which pack to make first qould you go with the opinion og the majority of the community or the minority
    Apparently not because you seem to think toddler stuff is a stuff pack that no one wants when it's easily one of the most hyped stuff packs they've ever released.
    nope in fact it is the opposite im saying they should have taken more time with the pack we already had a new game pack that many people were happy with at the time so parenthood could have waited and been much better having all the stuff that would have been in toddler stuff.
    The game pack before parenthood was vampires and that came out in January?.. That's 4 months before it. More than enough time had passed for a new one to be released. Not to mention that vampires was more of a niche pack that doesn't appeal to everyone, so the people who didn't want it were waiting almost a year for a game pack. (Dine out was released in June).
    if there were polls from maxis that gave the community options for the next pack i highly doubt anything like that would happen but you most likely mean community polls meaning anyone makes a poll and gives options to other community members. Even then something like this probably wouldn't happen and it would be difficult to go by anyway it would be easier to let maxis decide what options there would be.
    What do you mean? There already was a poll for the next stuff pack and Laundry already won it. I'm not making this up lol.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

looks around pass :|
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It has been like this for a long time now I think. Gone are the days when players had a big new EP to look forward to while SPs where just casual add ons. The lack of big EPs has done little for TS4 and even the GPs get some criticism. Just the way it is I guess

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Back when we had TS2 & TS3 people were asking for Toddler stuff packs. They never got them. Now when we actually get one you are saying that no one asked for it?..
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    SPs are like The Sims 4's shop.
    I actually like SP's. I just wish that we got more CAS items with them because I love new hairstyles and clothes. There is never enough of them!
    There will always be packs that aren't for everybody. I still buy every pack because I want more stuff to use.(+ I don't use cc)
    edited August 2017
    Ok, I tell you why Toddler stuff pack is a good Ideal, first, we had toddlers but they could not really be apart of sims lives, we only got them to a certain level and aged them up. but with this stuff pack they get to go out and be part of the sims world, Now they can have and party play date event, and invite other toddlers and their parents., They can have the parties at a park. or a home.something family players wanted to do a long time.
    Lots of builders made parks for them but nothing just for outside play it was just the play things in their room. Now they can go to restaurants and builders can make like Mickie D type play areas, and they will not get taken to daycare. but get to eat with their families.
    So I think it's a Perfect Stuff pack. and has lots more clothes and hair so now toddlers can just be toddlers for as long as you want them to be, just like simmers already do with kids. and I did not see any high chairs but new pillow seats Yay. :)<3 I give this Toddler Stuff pack a thumbs up.
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Nobody wanted toddler stuff?
    :open_mouth:
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    We deserve better stuff packs like a dentist themed one. No dentist career, I just want my home to look like a dental dungeon.
    6riwm5.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Looking at it from another angle, as I buy all the packs, why should EA keep providing these Free updates for everybody anyway. I would have bought Toddlers and Toddlers stuff as one pack with more gameplay included.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    For all the criticism I give the sims 4 over certain things, I cannot say I've seen any evidence that no one wants the toddlers SP. Since the launch of toddlers people have been crying out for more content for them particularly cas stuff.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    But why would they put bowling in city living/get together and toddlers stuff in parenthood when they can make more money splitting everything?

:D:D
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    It has been like this for a long time now I think. Gone are the days when players had a big new EP to look forward to while SPs where just casual add ons. The lack of big EPs has done little for TS4 and even the GPs get some criticism. Just the way it is I guess

I believe stocks have a lot to do with this. Their stocks go up fast when they release a stuff pack. It milking us consumers dry. Something like that.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    Looking at it from another angle, as I buy all the packs, why should EA keep providing these Free updates for everybody anyway. I would have bought Toddlers and Toddlers stuff as one pack with more gameplay included.
    Sure. EA of course knew that toddlers could have been sold as a GP instead of being given in a free update. But the problem was that a lot of simmers then would have been very angry and have given TS4 a very bad reputation all over the Internet because toddlers were part of the basegame in the previous games. Those simmers would just have accused EA of omitting part of the basegame just to be able to sell it in SPs and GPs and have encouraged everybody to boycott EA. So to avoid this EA just had to give us the toddlers for free (even though they hadn't been planned to be released for TS4 at all).
    james64468 wrote: »

I believe stocks have a lot to do with this. Their stocks go up fast when they release a stuff pack. It milking us consumers dry. Something like that.

Only the customers who keep on buying stuff though :wink:

The stuff packs seem to just be filler content at the moment to 'keep players interested' until they finally put another EP out and if that disappoints (I predict a few missing pets in the supposed Pets EP) then a new SP will be put out so players think 'oh, cool, a new SP!'

It doesn't work as well as it used to though
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    For all the criticism I give the sims 4 over certain things, I cannot say I've seen any evidence that no one wants the toddlers SP. Since the launch of toddlers people have been crying out for more content for them particularly cas stuff.

I don't think that it is that players do not want a toddlers EP but more so that they should have been included in the base game and thus received more content through each EP, SP onwards ect. As toddlers came late they are still dry of content and in a way, players are still paying for toddlers through any pack that is made just for them
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

The stuff packs seem to just be filler content at the moment to 'keep players interested' until they finally put another EP out and if that disappoints (I predict a few missing pets in the supposed Pets EP) then a new SP will be put out so players think 'oh, cool, a new SP!'

I can see Pets in a GP and Cars in and Ep. then another SP, maybe Canning will be next SP. (I hear in sims 3 the store was a big money maker as well)
    Stormsview wrote: »

I can see Pets in a GP and Cars in and Ep. then another SP, maybe Canning will be next SP. (I hear in sims 3 the store was a big money maker as well)

So base game content such as cars will now have to be paid for? Typical :(

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »

So base game content such as cars will now have to be paid for? Typical :(

Cars was paid in TS2 Nightlife, not counting public transportation, aka carpools and taxis, those were always there I think. TS3 had cars but only the wheels were animated when they were being driven. So...idk...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Capitalism has a lot to answer for :p
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited August 2017
    Erpe wrote: »
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    Sure. EA of course knew that toddlers could have been sold as a GP instead of being given in a free update. But the problem was that a lot of simmers then would have been very angry and have given TS4 a very bad reputation all over the Internet because toddlers were part of the basegame in the previous games. Those simmers would just have accused EA of omitting part of the basegame just to be able to sell it in SPs and GPs and have encouraged everybody to boycott EA. So to avoid this EA just had to give us the toddlers for free (even though they hadn't been planned to be released for TS4 at all).

OK I accept that but think that after 3 years that EA should stop doing this for Simmers who only buy the base pack and complain about everything else. There is a time to start paying for content. We had to pay out for Sims1 to 3.

PS: I've just watched the Toddler Stuff pack video and loved it. I'm looking forward to add those toddler items to my Dine Out restaurants. One has to have some perks after buying it. More of that please EA.
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I'm actually really looking forward to the Toddler stuff pack just for the CAS items, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels they're very limited at the moment. I do think it would have gone well with Parenthood but then for a GP it came with a hell of a lot anyway. If you don't want the toddler stuff you don't have to buy it, but there are lots of people who do :blush:

That's just my opinion though