Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We may get an extra-special surprise announcement at gamescom! (Pets?)

Comments

• Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    misspukeko wrote: »
    I think there's a pretty decent chance we'll see the Pets EP announcement tomorrow. Pets has always been a hugely popular EP for each iteration of the game, so announcing it at gamescom would make sense.

If you've seen otherwise, feel free to contradict me, but I don't think I have seen any of the SimGurus say this year that there will not be an announcement at gamescom despite several people asking. They're usually pretty quick to shut down speculation/questions if that sort of thing definitely isn't going to happen.

Still, even if we don't get an announcement tomorrow, the next EP announcement shouldn't be far off.

I think what they have said is that they're focussing on the console versions at the event. No one has said they're not announcing anything else. So I'm pretty sure you're right on that! They're really good at sneaky wording
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2017
    They can still announce it and show the trailer.

Pets will not be playable for sure. It seems about right.. gives them like 2,5 months to do marketing for the EP.

It only makes me wonder why they didn't announce City Living at Gamescom last year? Maybe Pets is much more popular? I don't know.

I also seen people saying they will probably release Pets for console with it, so that may be the reason?
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited August 2017
    What did the original tweet say? I can't seem to find it.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    It only makes me wonder why they didn't announce City Living at Gamescom last year?

I think they wanted to surprise us.

-probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Less than 24 hours away and I'm excited, but nervous that they may let us down. I guess that's good, because the surprise would be even better.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    Can someone ask TheSimsBR on facebook? Didn't they loved to leak stuff in the past? ;)
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Pets are chumps - who needs them.

I say liquidate Maxis - close it down.

EA could bring back Fight Night instead.

That'll teach them for killing my Sim.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Does Gamescom start tomorrow or Tuesday?
    6riwm5.png
  • Superkam64Superkam64 Posts: 209 Member
    The Sims Instagram posted saying to tune in for exciting news tomorrow at 9:30am PDT!

• Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited August 2017

Tomorrow :)

They've announced it officially on the English Facebook page now. They say tune in for a big announcement at 9:30amPDT
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

Tomorrow :)

They've announced it officially on the English Facebook page now. They say tune in for a big announcement at 9:30amPDT

Ooh, thanks! That's noon my time so I'll get to sleep in before whatever big news they bring.
    6riwm5.png
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I hope it is not pets and is something else. We already pretty much know pets is coming sometime next quarter anyway. Plus, CL wasn't announced at Gamescon last year if I am correct, so maybe it is something different...?
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Maybe we could expect something in this quarter that was not announced in the teaser? They surprised us with toddlers at the beginning of the year, so I don't think a surprise EP announcement is completely out of the question.

If they announced an EP tomorrow for the following quarter then that's ~10 weeks of waiting. Has there recently been any other DLC that was announced more than two months out from release?
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I screamed so loud when I seen so much evidence. LOL I need pets.
    Well I hope this announcement tomorrow at 9:30 PDT time is good! I will try to be on the forums during that time, board the hype train and everything xD It'll be fun!
    Mafia Stats

If they do announce Pets tomorrow, then it will be 2 1/2 months of waiting. I'm fine with that as long as I know what's coming. Then again it will be really hard.
  • SugarshotzSugarshotz Posts: 35 Member
    I am so excited!!!!!!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Here is the new teaser. It uses the music from TS3 Pets.
    Question is how many will be tuning in with the eclipse also taking place tomorrow?
    @catloverplayer Meee, Tbh I could care less about the eclipse now. :D
    I'm hoping the Pets Trailer will reveal were getting zoos. I've been begging for those in a Sims game since TS3..
    That'd be awesome!
    Mafia Stats

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I just hope the puppies look good and aren't too small like TS3 ugh.....