Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no step parent relationship??

13...Next

Comments

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    2 years later and this thread is still right
    21mbz47.jpg
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yes there are step parents but they are only labeled as such if you look at family tree. I really wish they'd show these in game too.
  • CrazySimLadyCrazySimLady Posts: 26 Member
    I hate that you cannot have step family members. I had this cute family set up: a husband and wife have twin toddlers and the husband had a daughter from a previous marriage.... ruined my whole plan!I h
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Yes there are step parents but they are only labeled as such if you look at family tree. I really wish they'd show these in game too.

Yup yup yup!!
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Yeah, I noticed that :open_mouth: I played with genetics with a sim in CAS and ended up marrying a male sim and the relationship didn't change to step-child/father. Maybe it'll come out when a Generation-like TS4 EP/GP comes out?
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I hate that you cannot have step family members. I had this cute family set up: a husband and wife have twin toddlers and the husband had a daughter from a previous marriage.... ruined my whole plan!I h

The game DOES have step relationships. It shows them in the family tree. However, for some dumb reason, you can't see the step relationship bit while in live mode.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I thought this was a new thread because this issue STILL bothers me to this very day. Wow.

This made me sad.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I have several families with stepparents. First I had a guy with a child from a one-night stand who married Zoe Patel, she adopted the kid as care dependent and it shows in the tree and in live mode since she adopted him, relationship listed as dependent. Same with another family where I had a mom with a kid from another relationship, the new stepdad adopted the kid as care dependent and again listed as dependent. Only in the latter's case since they're not married the stepdad isn't in the kid's tree. I mean, I guess they could've added a "stepmother/father" thing but I'm satisfied with just "dependent." Also have lots of half-siblings and they show up in tree and are listed as siblings in relationships panel. Act just like siblings in live mode. I don't really understand what else is missing, because it hasn't bothered me at all. I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the freedom with which you can choose dependents and move out kid sims. I never played TS3, but in 2 this was way more limited. Here in TS4 I could just switch a baby to another household to go to the father instead of the mother, and I also switched a kid to several other households with "foster parents." It really hasn't bothered me at all, so I'm genuinely curious what's missing here?
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    edited August 2017

Sims 4 just plum, sorry. Instead of taking away from previous games, why not just add to them? In other words, keep EVERYTHING from previous games, make them even better, and add more. Geez. The CAS itself is also a joke. There is very little you can actually do with it, and in my opinion the sims always end up looking related anyway -- just with different shaped noses, mouths, hair color, etc. The Sims 2 CAS was the best, and with a little tweaking like adding extra sliders for nose, mouth, jawline, brow, etc it would be perfect. How about making the same CAS they had for Sims 2, and along with that add the ability to push in, pull out, etc. Instead a lot of the features of the Sims 2 CAS were taken away. The Sims 4 sims look very cartoonish, their movements are so much more unreal and silly, and for this reason I won't buy it.

Have you actually played it?
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    What? In my game there is stepparent relationship. It's in Portuguese, so I don't know if they added just in the Portuguese version, but that wouldn't make sense.
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Woolenhat wrote: »
    Sims 4 just plum, sorry. Instead of taking away from previous games, why not just add to them? In other words, keep EVERYTHING from previous games, make them even better, and add more. Geez. The CAS itself is also a joke. There is very little you can actually do with it, and in my opinion the sims always end up looking related anyway -- just with different shaped noses, mouths, hair color, etc. The Sims 2 CAS was the best, and with a little tweaking like adding extra sliders for nose, mouth, jawline, brow, etc it would be perfect. How about making the same CAS they had for Sims 2, and along with that add the ability to push in, pull out, etc. Instead a lot of the features of the Sims 2 CAS were taken away. The Sims 4 sims look very cartoonish, their movements are so much more unreal and silly, and for this reason I won't buy it.

Have you actually played it?

This response is from two years ago, lol. Things have changed since then but a lot of the points do remain.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I thought this was a new thread because this issue STILL bothers me to this very day. Wow.

This made me sad.

Same!
  • JaspingoJaspingo Posts: 30 Member
    I think in CAS there should be an option