Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    CHALLENGE #: 75 - Diamonds Are Forever
    FORUM ID: @suepea
    ORIGIN ID: @photobella
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: A Diamond Is Forever
    LOT Cost: $2,500
    BUILD COST: $69,983
    TOTAL COST: $72,483
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://goo.gl/photos/41k4n2mn8gaLzVco6
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a Diamond shaped Modern jewel of a home is perfect for a jeweler. It’s simple and minimal in design but provides everything that Sal and his niece will need to be comfortable now and in the future.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    08-06-17_112121nbspPM_zps46fdomvg.png

08-13-17_91355nbspPM_zpsappsrfvh.png

h2xmsbl]
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    edited August 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Diamonds are for Bachelor https://tinyurl.com/yagqlpyc
    BUILD COST: 68,468
    TOTAL COST: 69,968
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/Xl1zJ
    ENTRY DETAILS: Cut little house for a modest guy!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please!!
    Post edited by SyddyB206 on
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    SyddyB206 wrote: »

FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LOT: Diamonds are for Bachelor
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 68,468
    TOTAL COST: 69,968
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/Xl1zJ
    ENTRY DETAILS: Cut little house for a modest guy!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please!!

Awesome entry @SyddyB206 - but don't forget that we need an upload link if you would like this be an official entry.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    FORUM ID: faithofkaela
    ORIGIN ID: faithofkaela
    LOT: Casa Di Fiore
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $72,914
    TOTAL COST: $74,914
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Media
    ENTRY DETAILS: Casa Di Fiore is my entry for #BnS75, Diamonds Are forever. It is a two bedroom, two bathroom home created for Sal Diamante and his niece Zanna. Outside there is a small swimmable pond, plenty of flowers. a veggie garden, an orchard and somewhere to sit and eat and watch the birds. It has been decorated in a Mediterranean style to compliment the architecture of the home. Sal's pride and joy, his diamond can be found on the shelf in the kitchen.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A
    ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: rBOrgJe.jpg

SpUwAhL.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    FORUM ID:glen1974
    ORIGIN ID:glen1974
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=spigoli&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:2000
    BUILD COST:68280
    TOTAL COST: 70280
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/yUMxG
    ENTRY DETAILS: So I took the concept of diamonds and interpreted it in the house design of Spigoli with lots of angles and jagged sharp edges. Its not a cosy house by any means but its design is 'cutting edge' ;);) I thought Sal was a cool dude when I created him so I wanted a modern funky house for him to spend his retirement. His diamond can be found on the coffee table (I increased its size). Its open plan downstairs leading up to 2 bedrooms 1 ensuite and 1 family bathroom. Thee is room in the upstairs landing for office space. The garden contains various plant boxes for Sal to potter around in and the lemon tree is already in place.

SIM: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2A6655A882BD11E7804608D0BF594FF7?category=households&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=diamante&max=50&maxis=false
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/Gn02i
    ENTRY DETAILS: I gave Sal a backstory with him coming from Monte Vista originally. His sister, Zanna's mother recently passed away so she has come to stay with him while he settles into his new house. Sal has the Freelance Botanist aspiration and is a collector, cheerful, active as well as a foodie. Zanna has the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration so I made her creative and an art lover but hot headed.

ROOM: n/a
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: n/a
    ENTRY DETAILS:n/a

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES: yQ0XO6l.png
    WWahQ0H.png
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Thanks @BuildnShare ;)

All the houses are bright... like diamonds <3
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    FORUM ID: kittkat7147
    ORIGIN ID: kittkat7147
    LOT: The Jewel Box
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 72000
    TOTAL COST: 75000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/npcZy
    ENTRY DETAILS: My inspiration for this lot is a "jewel box" home which is a small home that packs plenty of high-end finishes and details. This seemed like the perfect type of home for Sal! His gourmet kitchen is where he likes to spend most of his time whipping up amazing dishes packed with perfect produce from his vegetable and herb garden. Don't forget to visit the diamond grotto pool in the back yard. There's a bench nearby where you can relax and read a book while enjoying the view. Sal's uncut diamond enjoys a prominent place in the study, and there are lots of other "diamond" touches throughout the decor.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

ROOM: Sal's Gourmet Kitchen
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A (I made the gourmet kitchen but went WAY over budget unfortunately :s )

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    Vienna Bed Blanket by SaudadeSims

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

2bLhexJ.png?2

rBLPMJG.png

Good morning all!! Just to let you know that #BnS75 Diamonds Are Forever is now officially closed!! Good luck everyone.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2017
    A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

#BnS 76: We're Going Deeper Underground

Terrance Cophus hates people. He loathes them with a passion. If he had any choice he wouldn't even be in here talking to you. As it is, he doesn't entirely believe you won't screw up what he wants. And you know all of this because he tells you, in blunt terms that leave no question of his feelings.

You swallow a sigh and put a polite smile on your face. "Don't worry Mr Cophus. I will do everything in my power to give you exactly what you want."

"Don't you patronize me." He snaps, glaring at you.

"That wasn't my intent," you say soothingly. "I'm sorry if you feel I was." You can already tell that there is nothing that is going to make this meeting a good one. "What would you like in your house?" You ask, clicking your pen to take notes.

After several moments of sullen silence, he speaks grudgingly. "I want it far away from people. And I want it 2 stories."

"All right," you agree, taking notes.

"I want a vegetable garden and lots of trees on top."

You blink, "On top? On the roof?"

"No. On the ground," he snaps.

"Oh, all right. How many bedrooms would you like?"

"2."

"And how many bathrooms?"

"2. I don't want no one pushing into my room if they have to stay." He grumbles.

"Will it just be you?" you ask curiously.

"No." Terrance's glower grows deeper. "And the boy."

"The boy?"

"My son. Just got custody of him. Can't sleep outside now can he?"

"No, you're right. Ok, a suite for you and a suite for him. Anything else?"

"Yeah. I want it underground." He snarls as you give him a surprised look, "Don't look so shocked Architect who builds houses for fairies. I want my house underground."

You recover quickly, "Of course Mr.Cophus. I can do that." Now the trees on top request makes more sense to you. "I'm going to assume you would prefer that the lot look as natural as possible."

"Yes. It ain't a park. Don't want no trespassers."

"Yes, Mr Cophus." You jot down a few more notes. "Did you have a budget?"

"80K. And not a penny more! So if your people don't do their jobs right you'll just have to pay for it." He says emphatically, eyes narrowing.

You strangle your desire to reach over and hurt him, "So noted Mr Cophus."

"Good. When can you get done?" Terrance demands, getting up.

THE BRIEF:
    • Lot: any 30x20 lot
    • House: 2 bedrooms, two full bathrooms, must have two underground storeys with a vegetable garden
    • Design Style: The exterior of the lot must look as natural as possible, Terrance doesn't want people traipsing all over his lot thinking it's a park. The interiors are up to you.

BUDGET: $80,000

SIM CHALLENGE: Create Terrance Cophus and his son Peter, all their traits are up to you.

ROOM CHALLENGE: Create Terrance's master bedroom; Budget $5,000

CHALLENGE #: 76 - We're Going Deeper Underground

FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS76

The deadline for this challenge is 30th August 2017
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    This new challenge looks great and exciting! I might participate in this one :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    One question, how old is his son? I'm assuming child but wanted to make sure. I might give this a shot, I've made a couple underground homes before (an itty bitty bunker and a Tardis) and it was fun! :)
    edited August 2017
    pronterus wrote: »
    This new challenge looks great and exciting! I might participate in this one :)
    @pronterus - Have fun!!
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    One question, how old is his son? I'm assuming child but wanted to make sure. I might give this a shot, I've made a couple underground homes before (an itty bitty bunker and a Tardis) and it was fun! :)
    @Karababy52 - This time it's up to you, toddler, child, teen, go nuts!

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Karababy52 - This time it's up to you, toddler, child, teen, go nuts!

Ah okay, cool. Thanks for the clarification! :)
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS75 - DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS75 - DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER

GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS75 - DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER

GArBA5W.jpg
    @marellinor. @emere, @masajo and @KittKat7147 - you're amazing winning creations have been showcased on our facebook page, our twitter feed and our tumblr. Congratulations to you all once again!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Thanks @BuildnShare o:)

A question for the new challenge: I suppose we can build something on the lot to put access to the underground house, is that right? Natural is not empty, right? :D
    emere wrote: »
    Natural is not empty, right? :D

We'd agree with that ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2017
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LOT: Bunker 706
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 78,473
    TOTAL COST: 79,973
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: Bunker 706 was formerly owned by the military and was later converted into a home, after the military thought that the "Big War" wouldn't happen after all. It is tucked away in a natural forest, hidden from prying eyes. It comes with an enclosed vegetable garden, a military-grade exhaust system, and a former storm drain, which for some reason, is home to plenty of spiders. The furnishings have been renovated to give it a more vibrant glow, a far cry from its formerly spartan interior. The mix of modern and industrial features are a testament to the bunker's origin as a military fixture.

SIM: Cophus
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: Terrance dislikes people in general, so he built a bunker to get away from everything. He is highly protective of his lot and vegetable garden, which is why he keeps everything in the bunker under surveillance. Peter has more of his mom's traits, being his father's voice of reason in most situations. He also does the cooking and cleaning around the house, which Terrance detests doing. He aspires to be strong mentally and physically someday. The problem is that Peter hates bugs. Terrance's traits are Loner, Loves the Outdoors, and Mean. Peter's traits are Squeamish and Outgoing.

ROOM:
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    jKmlbaG.png
    W3qioY2.png
    Post edited by pronterus on
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    @pronterus -- your build is brilliant. I love everything about it -- the bunker is so filled with perfect details for someone who hates people and would prefer to live underground. AMAZING!
    h2xmsbl]
    suepea wrote: »
    @pronterus -- your build is brilliant. I love everything about it -- the bunker is so filled with perfect details for someone who hates people and would prefer to live underground. AMAZING!

Thanks @suepea ! Glad you liked it
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Awesome build @pronterus, there is one or two ideas I'm going to use. That is if you don't mind :)
    Awesome build @pronterus, there is one or two ideas I'm going to use. That is if you don't mind :)

Thanks @abelhinha35 I don't mind if people use my ideas :)
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2017

FORUM ID:FoundMarbles
    ORIGIN ID:FoundMarbles
    LOT: Hidden Pavilion/ https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7C2631EE894211E78D478896DEA325FB?category=all&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=Hidden Pavilion&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    LOT COST:1500
    BUILD COST:78494
    TOTAL COST: 79994
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/aymra

ENTRY DETAILS: As per request, the house is practically invisible blending in with the surrounding landscape. The front door is obscured and locked to all but family. This is clearly a home for for a grumpy man with muted and dark tones. Art is at a minimum as the preference was for more serious scientific prints and emblems of business success. He even hung a warning sign in the bathroom to tell people to keep it clean.Terrance is such a fuss budget he even mops the garden after watering the plants! His son, Peter, makes up for his Dad's dreary tastes by putting up lots of his own colorful stuff. Terrance is a good father, though he is a grumpy loner with the exception of Peter, whom he seems to enjoy a great deal! They play basketball together, watch movies, fish (A Lot!) and cook for each other, Both seem very contented with this very strange abode!

SIM:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/72DF8653894211E78D3D8896DEA325FB?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Cophus&max=50&maxis=false
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/dpqOa

ENTRY DETAILS: Like Father, Like Son! Both are speed readers,great story tellers, always welcome, observant, collectors, night owls, morning Sims, neat and loners. They are friends only with each other though they CAN mentor in guitar, fishing and painting. Clearly talented and ambitious~ There is a very strong family resemblance. Both are working at improving skills in cooking, comedy, gardening and fitness and Terrance is trying hard to become an excellent parent.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    rvwGLNy.png
    DtvJmlJ.png

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS76

The deadline for this challenge is 30th August 2017
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top