Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does FreePlay detect cheating/hacking?

Some games (especially online games) have anti-cheat mechanisms which punishes the player for cheating or hacking. Most The Sims games don't punish the player for cheating although some such as The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Pets for PS3 and Xbox 360 will penalize you for using cheats by disabling Trophies/Achievements and Challenges (not to be confused with Skill Challenges in TS3 for PC/Mac). Some have indirect anti-cheat mechanisms such as The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories removing Aspiration Points when you sell an object that you purchased to complete the Buy an object Want (this behavior was removed in The Sims 2 console port as well as The Sims 3 on PC/Mac).

I wonder if The Sims FreePlay has mechanisms to detect cheating or hacking. I know FreePlay punishes you for changing the clock where time-based events (Daily Rewards, Party Boat, Competition Center, etc.) may no longer work. If a player has a very high amount of Simoleons, LPs, and/or SPs (i.e., 9,000,000 LP), this could be a sign of cheating since most players, even paying players, usually don't have that much LP at once.

Possibly another way to block/deter cheating is having the game refuse to work on a jailbroken/rooted device (Pokémon Go won't work on jailbroken/rooted devices).
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    People can download games from Google Play even if they root their phone. There usually isn't any reason to not let them do this. But there are cheats that let them buy paid content for free and most games will punish them if they try this. It is also dangerous to download modded versions of games from other sites than Google Play because such versions can contain malware that harm your phone and your privacy. Personally I therefore won't root my phone because for me it wouldn't really have enough advantages to be worth it.
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    did it anyway, It got boring fast,but I did finish quests much much faster and the fact that I finish all buildings available in short period of time, it's literally awesome to get cool objects and those expensive pets, but I don't recommend you download it from questionable sites.

I hope EA won't ban me from this site...I love uploading my screenshot here in the forum....
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Marysimmer1971Marysimmer1971 Posts: 20 New Member
    I Don't care if havê modified games!!!
    My game is from play store!!!
    Many does modified games they have viruses!!!
    [quote="JasonRMJ;c-15395054"]did it anyway, It got boring fast,but I did finish quests much much faster and the fact that I finish all buildings available in short period of time, it's literally awesome to get cool objects and those expensive pets, but I don't recommend you download it from questionable sites.

I hope EA won't ban me from this site...I love uploading my screenshot here in the forum....[/quote]
    I do not advise anyone to use it !!!
    [quote="WinMacSims3;d-906950"]Some games (especially online games) have anti-cheat mechanisms which punishes the player for cheating or hacking. Most The Sims games don't punish the player for cheating although some such as The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Pets for PS3 and Xbox 360 will penalize you for using cheats by disabling Trophies/Achievements and Challenges (not to be confused with Skill Challenges in TS3 for PC/Mac). Some have indirect anti-cheat mechanisms such as The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories removing Aspiration Points when you sell an object that you purchased to complete the Buy an object Want (this behavior was removed in The Sims 2 console port as well as The Sims 3 on PC/Mac).

I wonder if The Sims FreePlay has mechanisms to detect cheating or hacking. I know FreePlay punishes you for changing the clock where time-based events (Daily Rewards, Party Boat, Competition Center, etc.) may no longer work. If a player has a very high amount of Simoleons, LPs, and/or SPs (i.e., 9,000,000 LP), this could be a sign of cheating since most players, even paying players, usually don't have that much LP at once.

Possibly another way to block/deter cheating is having the game refuse to work on a jailbroken/rooted device (Pokémon Go won't work on jailbroken/rooted devices).[/quote]
    How do you know all these things?
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    We don't condone, support nor encourage cheating in The Sims FreePlay. We do often ban people who modify, exploit or other wise cheat in the game.
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    no,an modding version still online
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    To be honest I don’t know the point, it’s not an online game so you’re not ruining anyone’s advantages and if they want to play properly or not.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!