Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack object vote results!

Comments

• Sims4KnowledgeSims4Knowledge Posts: 3 New Member
    :D Sooooooooooo EXCITED for the new stuff pack! Love all the objects btw!
  • nampersnampers Posts: 1
    Everything is amazing. The single bulb is nice and creepy ;)
  • abbyroseabbyrose Posts: 1 New Member
    AHHhh! I'm so excited for this! I can't freaking wait for this to be available for download. You guys did an amazing job!
  • msmaddiekatmsmaddiekat Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SimGuruGraham said:
    > A big thank you to everyone who participated in our recent vote, where you helped select the objects and clothing you want to see in our collaborative Stuff Pack project! In the time since the voting ended, we've parsed the data, finalized the selections, and gone through an informal internal approval process. This process is part of what was discussed in the survey blog, where I spoke about how we want to ensure we're respecting the communities decisions, as well as offering a balanced pack.
    >
    > Today I'm sharing the results of the objects portion of the survey. If you're interested in which pieces of clothing won, check the forums again in the coming days for a full breakdown of the clothing voting results. For now, we've locked down the object list, and our artists are hard at work on the next step - creating object guides. If you want to learn more about what an object guide is, and how our team works during this part of the project, then click here for a development update where you'll discover more about how we make The Sims. If you're just stopping by to see the winning objects though, then let's get right to it.
    >
    > From 68 pieces of object concept art, your votes helped narrow them down to the top 28* pieces you see below. We did end up making a few adjustments to the final list, so as to provide a balanced offering of different objects within the pack. For example... there were two styles of the wicker loveseat, and wicker living chair that were available to vote on. All of them received enough votes to propel them into the top of the survey, but we felt they didn't offer enough visual variety to include all four of them. We kept the top two, and replaced the other two with different objects that just missed the original cut. That bare light bulb that people have been chatting about actually placed number 30 on the list, but by diversifying the selections, we were able to include it!
    >
    > *Bonus! We're actually including 29 total objects. One of our internal object modelers had a little spare time in his schedule, and went ahead and created the ottoman prior to the vote. ;)
    >
    > These are the objects that will be included in this upcoming Stuff Pack:
  • msmaddiekatmsmaddiekat Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok, I like everything, Guess I missed the voting but was curious as to why you do not have lounge chairs for the pool area. I see straight back chairs but no chaise or lounge chairs. unless its in a pack that I have not purchased yet. thank you.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2017
    Ok, I like everything, Guess I missed the voting but was curious as to why you do not have lounge chairs for the pool area. I see straight back chairs but no chaise or lounge chairs. unless its in a pack that I have not purchased yet. thank you.

The devs claim they are difficult to make because of the multi-tasking Sims in Sims 4 can do. So - thus far we have not gotten them regardless of how many times they have been requested. I know I think it is rather weird all we seem to have to sacrifice in Sims 4 because of multi-tasking. Maybe we shouldn't have had multi-tasking as pool lounge chairs has been in every rendition but this one.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Zooted_CatZooted_Cat Posts: 1 New Member
    ahh 🐸🐸🐸🐸 this is what my organic side of me needs this is going to be great
  • MimiGamesMimiGames Posts: 1 New Member
    I vote for a weather expantion pack with clothes for the the weather and a town similar to a town in real life with dramatic weather and furniture for the weather :)
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    It looks like an interesting assortment of items. I really don't remember what all I voted for - probably some of the wall deco. I'm looking forward to seeing how this pack continues to evolve. It's been an interesting process.
  • link312link312 Posts: 1 New Member
    why do no one wonts fantasy/medieval pack this feels so chep and boring. lundry 🐸🐸🐸🐸 who wants to buidl a lundry. sory ea but you will not get my money for that 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

The devs claim they are difficult to make because of the multi-tasking Sims in Sims 4 can do. So - thus far we have not gotten them regardless of how many times they have been requested. I know I think it is rather weird all we seem to have to sacrifice in Sims 4 because of multi-tasking. Maybe we shouldn't have had multi-tasking as pool lounge chairs has been in every rendition but this one.

I wish they had included them in the backyard stuff or the perfect patio stuff - but since it was a completely new asset they couldn't.

I miss sims being able to chill out and read in bed, which is the same animation incidentally as lounging on a chaise.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • SimsLovingMama1991SimsLovingMama1991 Posts: 8 New Member
    The objects look amazing! Nice work to you guys!
  • SimFan1123SimFan1123 Posts: 4 New Member
    It would be so awesome to get an expansion pack that includes baby strollers (single/double) so infants can be taken out comfortably, wheelchairs to diversify, movie theaters that play movies on screen for a sim audience, and a campground that includes wolves, bears and other wild animals that can be potentially harmful to sims without pepper spray just to spice up the gameplay. Also , when the sims become super wealthy, I think there should be big ticket items such as yachts, cars, houses, motorcycles, designer clothing and diamonds that cost millions. There's nothing to spend all that money on and it quickly becomes boring. And please bring back diving, living on houseboats and swimming in the ocean. Just a couple more suggestions for an awesome expansion pack....Zoo, Amusement Park, Skating Rinks and Shopping Malls. And a few more careers such as news reporters, firefighters, lawyers, and construction companies would be cool. And my all time fave from Sim1....firt person view option. <3
  • needy47needy47 Posts: 3 New Member
    I didn't get a chance to vote in this but I would like to say that I wish we would get more build mode items like 1) MORE WINDOWS, 2) SPIRAL STAIRCASES (I can't tell you how much space these stairs would save when you are building on a smaller lot), 3)MORE CURTAINS (we need more variety in curtains AND more colors (some of those colors you might only use in a child's room). I recently bought Parenthood, mostly for one of the hairdos that I saw and a few other items, however, after looking at the items, the style looks like it's mostly from the '60's or '70's era. And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, give us conical roofs (halves AND whole) so we don't have to fashion them ourselves. It certainly would give me more variety in building. I applaud you, Maxis, for what you're doing but Sims 4 is lacking a lot of great things that Sims 3 had.
  • needy47needy47 Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh yeah, I would like to say that I wish we had more wicker furniture too. And I'd LOVE to see some Adirondack chairs. They would be great for the backyard or porches.
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    needy47 wrote: »
    I didn't get a chance to vote in this but I would like to say that I wish we would get more build mode items like 1) MORE WINDOWS, 2) SPIRAL STAIRCASES (I can't tell you how much space these stairs would save when you are building on a smaller lot), 3)MORE CURTAINS (we need more variety in curtains AND more colors (some of those colors you might only use in a child's room). I recently bought Parenthood, mostly for one of the hairdos that I saw and a few other items, however, after looking at the items, the style looks like it's mostly from the '60's or '70's era. And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, give us conical roofs (halves AND whole) so we don't have to fashion them ourselves. It certainly would give me more variety in building. I applaud you, Maxis, for what you're doing but Sims 4 is lacking a lot of great things that Sims 3 had.

Yes we need spiral staircases!!! And as a fan of Victorian architecture, I would love to have conical roofs! <3

Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • SweetBaby2016SweetBaby2016 Posts: 4 New Member
    I like the picks but I have to say, I wish they would create a 'Laundry Room with Washer&Dryer' ;) Also I would LOVE 2 SEE a 'Games Room' with Pool Table/Snooker Table, maybe a Shuffle Board Table ect...Just a thought ;) ;) :D
  • vampirecarmillavampirecarmilla Posts: 3 New Member
    I love them! So excited for this pack now!
  • godslittleangelgodslittleangel Posts: 13 New Member
    I would love to see some more stairs because having only a few options for stairs isn't really fun.
  • Sassyone59Sassyone59 Posts: 5 New Member
    I think it all looks like more junk we don't need! Give us things we actually need!
  • SuxelaSuxela Posts: 93 Member
    honestly, I really like the new stuff you'll be adding. It will really make the homes in the sims look more like real houses. Though I do wish some of the decorations were way more interactive as well
    > @SimFan1123 said:
    > It would be so awesome to get an expansion pack that includes baby strollers (single/double) so infants can be taken out comfortably, wheelchairs to diversify, movie theaters that play movies on screen for a sim audience, and a campground that includes wolves, bears and other wild animals that can be potentially harmful to sims without pepper spray just to spice up the gameplay. Also , when the sims become super wealthy, I think there should be big ticket items such as yachts, cars, houses, motorcycles, designer clothing and diamonds that cost millions. There's nothing to spend all that money on and it quickly becomes boring. And please bring back diving, living on houseboats and swimming in the ocean. Just a couple more suggestions for an awesome expansion pack....Zoo, Amusement Park, Skating Rinks and Shopping Malls. And a few more careers such as news reporters, firefighters, lawyers, and construction companies would be cool. And my all time fave from Sim1....firt person view option. <3

I seriously love love love your ideas. It would be so awesome to have all of that and make so much more to do in the sims. I think I like the skating rink part the most. maybe they could have skills for roller and ice skating. also for the careers, perhaps they could add some of them as professions where you'd get to travel to work with them just like in Get To Work. It'd be so cool to see more of that kind of thing. I also want them to eventually have writing as a profession because it would be soooo awesome. Maybe musician, too.
    > @SimFan1123 said:
    > It would be so awesome to get an expansion pack that includes baby strollers (single/double) so infants can be taken out comfortably, wheelchairs to diversify, movie theaters that play movies on screen for a sim audience, and a campground that includes wolves, bears and other wild animals that can be potentially harmful to sims without pepper spray just to spice up the gameplay. Also , when the sims become super wealthy, I think there should be big ticket items such as yachts, cars, houses, motorcycles, designer clothing and diamonds that cost millions. There's nothing to spend all that money on and it quickly becomes boring. And please bring back diving, living on houseboats and swimming in the ocean. Just a couple more suggestions for an awesome expansion pack....Zoo, Amusement Park, Skating Rinks and Shopping Malls. And a few more careers such as news reporters, firefighters, lawyers, and construction companies would be cool. And my all time fave from Sim1....firt person view option. <3

I seriously love love love your ideas. It would be so awesome to have all of that and make so much more to do in the sims. I think I like the skating rink part the most. maybe they could have skills for roller and ice skating. also for the careers, perhaps they could add some of them as professions where you'd get to travel to work with them just like in Get To Work. It'd be so cool to see more of that kind of thing. I also want them to eventually have writing as a profession because it would be soooo awesome. Maybe musician, too.

@SuxelaSimmer , there is a writing profession in the Sims. They write books all the time. Over time it can become highly profitable! <3
    I seriously love love love your ideas. It would be so awesome to have all of that and make so much more to do in the sims. I think I like the skating rink part the most. maybe they could have skills for roller and ice skating. also for the careers, perhaps they could add some of them as professions where you'd get to travel to work with them just like in Get To Work. It'd be so cool to see more of that kind of thing. I also want them to eventually have writing as a profession because it would be soooo awesome. Maybe musician, too.[/quote]

@SuxelaSimmer , there[i] is [/i]a writing profession in the Sims. They write books all the time. Over time it can become highly profitable! <3
    [/quote]

While writing is a career, just a job they go to alone, I mean something like where you go to the office with the sim, like from Get To Work where you go to the workplace and complete goals there to progress in the career. It would make for a more diversified experience. You'd get to really be apart of that career. Sure you can write at home but wouldn't it be fun to have a few more get to work jobs. It'd make things vastly more interesting. (Also I didn't mention this for my previous comment but I love the first person view. I mean to really feel like your in the world. That'd be crazy to see things how your sims are seeing it.)

@SuxelaSimmer , there is a writing profession in the Sims. They write books all the time. Over time it can become highly profitable! <3
    [/quote]

While writing is a career, just a job they go to alone, I mean something like where you go to the office with the sim, like from Get To Work where you go to the workplace and complete goals there to progress in the career. It would make for a more diversified experience. You'd get to really be apart of that career. Sure you can write at home but wouldn't it be fun to have a few more get to work jobs. It'd make things vastly more interesting. (Also I didn't mention this for my previous comment but I love the first person view. I mean to really feel like your in the world. That'd be crazy to see things how your sims are seeing it.)
    [/quote]

@SuxelaSimmer , I'm sorry! I didn't understand you meant a writing career where you actually get to follow them on the job! :*;)
    the only problem with that is Sims write at their computers so gameplay wouldn't be any different unless they were to work at a newspaper! That way they could write at their computers, but also decide layout, and even work the printing presses! That would be a lot of fun! B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top