Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Nope, they most definitely did not fix the Sale page. And I don't see any ads... Boooooooooo!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • BluessunBluessun Posts: 139 Member
    They clearly did something right, I've never had storepages load this fast. I mean it's really fast now at least for me, works like any other sites I read while I hate reading. This means... Ha, not gonna tell ya ;)
    Sims 3 PC monitor is discontinued due severe freeze and/or sunburn! Yeah, I'm a nut, so give me a cracker... With cheese, please..
    "I knew this was a great idea! But you should have told me how bad it actually is..."
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    That's it folks, I now own the store! And, therefore, all things Sims 3!!!
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    Nice @Jude525 ! Congrats :)
    Sims 3 PC monitor is discontinued due severe freeze and/or sunburn! Yeah, I'm a nut, so give me a cracker... With cheese, please..
    "I knew this was a great idea! But you should have told me how bad it actually is..."
    Hmm, looking at it in my siggy, I wish I had done it on 7/17/17. It just would have looked cooler. But it's all good.
    aka Jude

My Studio

OMG, @bluessun, you aren't kidding about those load times! I don't have time to blink.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    congratz! But wait a bit... It seems that my suggestion to rerelease some limited items created some buzz...
    Hmm, looking at it in my siggy, I wish I had done it on 7/17/17. It just would have looked cooler. But it's all good.
    lol!!! :D
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    yay, congrats @Jude525 :)

The MMLMAO machine, as @ajaxpost so eloquently put it, made an utter mockery of me today. So, instead of buying new things for my game, I shook my fist at it and carried on my merry way.

I have just 2 sets remaining this rotation: Frontier Finds K&D at 914, then Pushin' Pedals for 79 SP at 947. I still have a couple of other DD sets to pick up, but I'm nowhere close enough to getting them free (or even cheap) yet, so will probably wait it out and see what MMLMAO gives me.

On the plus side, MMAO did give me a couple of nice offers yesterday that cleared a bunch of stuff off my wishlist for 44% off; those offers also included some items from Oktoberfest, making the set free when it comes up at 175.

And, of course, thanks to the lovely people on the gifting directory, Hewnsman Living Room will be free at 382, which will make the Full Hewnsman Set free(ish?) at 903~ I'll have to use Eliana's calculator to confirm, once I own the Living Room part, but Full Hewnsman *should* be free... and I can always pick up Hewnsman Outdoor for just 32 SP at 463 to drop my CYS if it isn't.

@Lexers615 I really hope they did re-release those items... I believe we'd talked about the Wiccenculta furniture set that used to come with SP bundles way back when. *crosses fingers*
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

No rerelease no no no!!!! I am counting down my top 5 to actual last top 5 and do not want to bend over to change that :D
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @lauravonawesome They could make about 10 smaller sets with all the SP bundle items or such... "Vincula" isn't my favorite but completinh my "Bars & Bolt" dinning set or arcade machine collection would be awesome!
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Congratulations @Jude525 on owning the store! :)
    Still no ads for me. Looks like come pay day I'll be buying sim points!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Congrats @Jude525! And welcome to the club. Not that you weren't already a member. :wink:
    edited August 2017
    Good morning, fellow DD stalkers!

Current deal:

855 ) Mid-Century Modern Bathroom- Sinkomatic / 20 / 72 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bathroom Collection; When Worlds Collide Collection; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming deals:

856 ) Happily Ever After- Inside, A Princess Dress / 38 / 39 / 3% / 2 hours
    Part of: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles; Once Upon a Time Cottage; Make a Wish Compilation

857 ) Faire Folk Attire / 370 / 669 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire; Make a Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 93)

858 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Talavera Tile Counter / 21 / 50 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 351)

859 ) F.L. Dining Table / 29 / 48 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Regal Living Dining Room Set; Full Regal Living Set

860 ) Scene in Four Parts / 37 / 99 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Contemporary Comfort Bedroom; June 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 453, but less than # 911, # 912)

861 ) Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads / 656 / 1600 / 59% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Includes: Front Row Center Bedroom; Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 375, but less than # 824)

862 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Haute High Hanging Wall Shelf / 6 / 25 / 76% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

863 ) Cloche and Curl / 43 / 87 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Jazz Age Wear; Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation

864 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Artic Keen Cog and Sprocket Refridgerator / 40 / 81 / 51% / 2 hours (Refridgerator is EA's typo or spelling error - not the DD team's.
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 126)

865 ) Sweetest Lace / 26 / 75 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: Victorian Fashions
    Post edited by lauravonawesome on

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    And you say that so nonchalantly! :smiley:

So, allow me ...

home-design.jpg

tenor.gif

There, that's better. :)
    edited August 2017

edited August 2017
    You guys are too funny!!!!

And it isn't all that nonchalantly. I do find it very cool that I own all the EPs, SPs, Worlds and store items. But I am rather chomping at the bit to keep to my plan of playing each EP through for a while before moving on to adding the next.

I'm fine about waiting to experience the new game play and life states. But I wish I could have access to all the Buy/Build/CAS items now without activating those aspects.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Jude525 congrats on owning the store
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited August 2017
    @Jude525 - Welcome to the IOTS club. :cookie::cookie::cookie:

Did you want your name added to the list in this post on page 1?. After you follow the hyperlink, you may have to scroll down a bit to see the list.
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    But wait a bit... It seems that my suggestion to rerelease some limited items created some buzz...

@Lexers615 - Which items?

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Good morning, all!

I'm trying to stay up another 2 hours for 866, but I'm super tired, so figured I'd post the deals now (just in case I fall asleep at the computer).

Current deal:

864 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Artic Keen Cog and Sprocket Refridgerator / 40 / 81 / 51% / 2 hours (Refridgerator is EA's typo or spelling error - not the DD team's.
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 126)

Upcoming deals:

865 ) Sweetest Lace / 26 / 75 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: Victorian Fashions

866 ) Business Button-down Suit / 43 / 75 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fifth Avenue Fashions

867 ) Alice / 24 / 75 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Rebel Just Because; I Heart the 50's

868 ) Zen Again / 442 / 842 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 52, # 928, # 811, but less than # 541)

869 ) Locks & Keys / 21 / 75 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Life’s a Beach (Swim); Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep)

870 ) Murano Wooden Block Knife Stock / 10 / 25 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels; Finest Living, Finest Cooking;
    December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation

871 ) Pencil Skirt / 44 / 75 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

872 ) Futureshock Living / 429 / 1072 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 180, # 347, # 562)

873 ) Africa Inspiration Collection / 490 / 1309 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 850, # 310, # 369)

874 ) Rebel Just Because / 264 / 800 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: I Heart The 50’s
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 269, # 783)

875 ) Through the Spy Glass / 340 / 601 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fortune's Folly Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 425, # 843, but less than # 211)

• Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    First of all, congrats @Jude525 ! I'm so happy for you! I'm in need of the MMAO exclusives to own the store but I can't do that since it gets clogged by Date Night items I own from a code, so I just gotta wait for ads to come back and get the set again lol.

Second of all, I hope everyone is doing well. This past month, I've been practicing Spanish on Duolingo/Memrise and American Sign Language on Memrise. I'm considered 40% fluent on Duolingo :) As for Memrise, I've so far learned 167/224 words for Spanish 1(Mexico). Once I complete that, onto Spanish 2 for me. And I just started Spanish (Spain), so I'm only 60/225 words. There's definitely a difference in Mexican Spanish and Spain Spanish lol.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    @Nomiko13 it's a shame we can't gift store exclusives or I'd help you with those last few items.

Speaking more than one language is awesome! Since you've mentioned it, I need things to do and, if I can't go back to school next month, I might try and relearn Italian (I used to speak it semi-fluently, but I haven't had anyone to practice it with since my grandparents passed away). Depending on where you live in Italy, words are pronounced differently, but they're still spelled the same.

French works similarly to Spanish, in that there are a few different dialects. There's Canadian French (Quebecois), Parisian (which is spoken in France and most African countries), and Chiac (a hybrid language exclusive to New Brunswick, jokingly referred to as "Frenglish" or "Franglais"), as well as the different Creole dialects that combine French with the primary language of the other country.

Fun fact: if you ask for 'de la glace' (the Quebecois word for ice cream) in France, you'll get a cup of ice (since crème glacée is Parisian French for the same).

Quebecois also borrows heavily from English. So, instead of "la fin de semaine", it's "le week-end". And Chiac is just weird~ it's not uncommon to hear things like "je crosse le street".

-

In other news, I was able to grab the suit at DD 866. I was so tired I couldn't stay up, so I just went to bed and set an alarm, woke up briefly and went back to bed. Woo!

edited August 2017
    I have tried to use Duolingo for both Spanish(Mex) and Italian, but with no one to speak with I had little motivation to stick with it. Although I live in a heavily Hispanic area where knowing Spanish would definitely have its occasional benefits.

I now go on a bit of a lesson on dialects. But have compressed it for anyone not interested to skip...
    I know Italian is highly regionalized partly due to the fact that it was only united into a single country as recently as the late 1800s. Being a group of defiantly independent states before that. And, also, the dialects did not start to come together until after the publication of Dante's Divine Comedy in the 1400's. It was the first published work written in common Italian rather than Latin. And, it was written in the Tuscan dialect, which then influenced the national language as a consequence.

The other dialectical differences that I'm fond of are the English ones! The Queen's English and American English have some distinct differences. Sometimes as simple as idioms, but other times as definitive as words. An American car's trunk is a British boot. In America we take elevators between building floors, while the Brits take lifts.

And, remember, the US is a vast country. We have almost as many differences within our own borders, especially within smaller, more ethnically influenced areas. The bayous of the southern Mississipi, including the folk from New Orleans (which they tend to pronounce as one word in two syllables) blend English, French and African. The people isolated in the mountains of the Appalachia can barely be understood by most of the rest of us. I don't even know what their dialect developed from. And a lot is just regional.

I know we speak much faster in Rhode Island, New York and New Jersey than almost anywhere else in the country. Actually, somehow RI and NJ have developed almost identical accents, even though we are insulated by Connecticut between us.

And I do realize that Canada shares this variety, as does Australia. I suspect for the same reasons. A diverse group of settlers in a large land.

Finally.... There is a big split in the local RI Italian population (and, apparently, all Italo-Americans) about what that stuff made up primarily of tomatoes that you put on pasta is called. In Italy it is called "sugo." In the US there is a large rift between those who call it "gravy" and those who call it "sauce." In English culinary terms, sauce is a catch all term and a gravy is specifically a thickened broth based sauce. My family has always been on the "sauce" side of the argument. And, with my culinary background, I've always been adamantly in the "sauce" camp. Yet, as little as 10 miles away, I could get beaten with a broom for using the term in someone else's kitchen. There are some areas that call it "ragu," but not many. And don't even get started about what happens when you add ground beef or sausage to the whole thing! Ok, now that I've started, my Nonna and Mom called it ragu once you threw in more than one kind of meat. On Sunday you would start with a "sauce" and toss in any meat left from earlier in the week and let the whole thing simmer while you were at Mass. That was a ragu.

And that's all the information I know about dialects; regional and cultural. I hope you have enjoyed today's lesson. B)

@lauravonawesome... sauce or gravy?

And the points really have to come back so that I am more focused on the actual deals again.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Oh, and Jodi @Me1620, yes, please.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited August 2017
    @Jude525 sauce and gravy are two very different things here, so... both?
    I put sauce on pasta and pizza. But don't ever ask an Acadian if they want sauce on their poutine. :lol:

There are regional differences and descriptive/prescriptive grammar in almost any language, and that's why the science of speech (ie linguistics) fascinates me to no end. Like, how did we (as humans) ever figure out how to make sounds, combine those sounds into words, and devise a whole system around them?

On that note, my hat is off to the person who created Esperanto~ for those who haven't heard of it, it was constructed back in the late 19th century as a universal language. It borrows heavily from the modern Romance languages, though some words also come from English, German, Polish, and Russian.

Also, I tried to learn Czech once. Slavic languages are a different beast altogether, in terms of grammar, and I admire anyone who can speak them well... Just don't ask me to string a sentence together, unless you want a good laugh.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top