Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    @sawdust Hi, just thought I would give ya an example of my Generic lots. I use this when I download something from the Gallery I don't want townies showing up on. Example: paintings, perfect plants etc. Anything I will be using to decorate a current lot I am building. Also, when I do play, I use a little wedding park I made, set as Generic, for my Sims weddings. No townies use or 'break' anything. Keeps it nice for the next time. I hope this helps. I am sure there are many other ways to use Generic.

Toodles
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    @Cassee can you select it as a venue to hold a wedding party? I thought a generic lot would be an ideal choice for a club venue but I couldn't select it. That was several months ago, EA may have changed it but I doubt that. I use Rooms (usually just a piece of deck, with a wall if it's for paintings) for plants, paintings etc and I have a dedicated game for building so it doesn't matter about lot designation as most lots are bulldozed anyway.

• CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    @sawdust Not sure about other Simmers but when I do play I have to change lot to 'park' so I can use as a wedding venue. BUT it has been a long, long, long, long, long, long time since I actually needed a wedding venue. As for the plants and paintings, I use them in builds, so they are in my 'build save' game. I just leave them as Generic. I did not do this at first and NPC's kept harvesting plants and taking paintings. hehe I tend to experiment with everything in game. Just to see what CAN be done.

Enjoy!!
    Toodles
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    @BryonyRae not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if it has been asked or added before! if so, just let me know and I will delete it!

@SimGuruDrake, @SimGuruGraham,
    Is there any chance that a school time can be set for the kids, that will keep them from appearing in the world during school hours?
    Say like, they go to school Monday-Friday from 8 am to 3 pm, during this time you would not see kids or teens, walking up and down the street!
    I hope I explained well!
  • kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    edited August 2017
    Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I just found this and thought I would share. If not in the right place let me know and I'll delete it.

UPDATE: SimGuruHouts has confirmed that Octagonal Roofs will come with The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs!

UPDATE #2: SimGuruHouts has hinted that there could be more than just one new roof type coming!

CONFIRMED: SIMS 4 CATS & DOGS WILL BRING PROPER OCTAGONAL ROOFS

Found this on Sims Community website.
    Post edited by kimartist on
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

• LatoolaLatoola Posts: 1 New Member
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the ability to build raised or tiered fountains would be much appreciated.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @Nectere sorry it took me so long to respond to your post re: the roofing glitch. I tried to create a similar structure and layout in my game, but the roofing looked fine. Could you possibly upload your build as something like "Test Roof Glitch" so that I could take a look at your specific structure in my game, in case I missed something?
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Just an FYI for all - even with the most recent patch, auto lights and intensities are still not 100% fixed. What happens now, is the intensity setting appears to be saved when you turn on auto lights, but when a sim enters the room, the light will come on at full intensity regardless of setting. If you manually turn the light off and back on, you will see it at the correct intensity.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited September 2017
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @Nectere sorry it took me so long to respond to your post re: the roofing glitch. I tried to create a similar structure and layout in my game, but the roofing looked fine. Could you possibly upload your build as something like "Test Roof Glitch" so that I could take a look at your specific structure in my game, in case I missed something?

Well I already have the house up, its called Tescala House

The second story has a closet next to a patio on the right side of the build. The roof overhangs in this area, if you replace the half wall with a full wall the roof will make the pic I showed earlier.

also I dont know why the long deleted other version of the tescala house is still showing on the gallery page, I dont even have that version in my library. oh wait, someone uh did w/e to it and now its theirs I guess.

Sidenote is there a way to search who has used my builds and see what they did with them? Tescala is a first for me and stumbled upon by accident. Not that I care all that much just curious.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    @Nectere took a look in game and noticed that your roof does not actually extend for the full length of the structure. If you pull it 2 tiles further and then adjust the eaves back, you will get full coverage with a wall in place instead of a half wall. I don't think what you saw before would be considered a bug, if the roof does not fully cover the area it's over.

As for re-uploaded builds, unfortunately, you cannot search by the Original By. You can search by the lot name though and often find copies that way, as people don't bother to rename half the time. Another way to search is by hashtags, if you use them, because often re-uploaders leave the original description as well. There's no way to identify all of them though, I'm afraid.
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @Nectere took a look in game and noticed that your roof does not actually extend for the full length of the structure. If you pull it 2 tiles further and then adjust the eaves back, you will get full coverage with a wall in place instead of a half wall. I don't think what you saw before would be considered a bug, if the roof does not fully cover the area it's over.

Thank you. Makes sense - thanks for sorting that for me.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    This has probably been said already but the ability to create split level stairs. A platform like in the sims 2 which is height adjustable would give us so much flexibility with stairs. So many floor plans do not have straight staircases.
    Yes, @golden_glow, we have requested split level stairs, along with many other stair types. :)
    To All:

I have just finished reviewing the latest patch. We have received several new objects for free, which is nice; some of them are quite nifty looking! Also, as stated in the patch notes, the following two issues have been fixed:
    • The Be Prepared Security Gate can now be placed on tall, small, and in all between fence sizes.
    • The Tree in a Box now has category tags properly associated with it.
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Thank you, @BryonyRae. Can't wait to see the new items! updating.... updating....
    How come exterior trim and friezes are removed by interior staircases running along the wall?
    Origin ID NectereSim
    A bug they introduced at some point, @Nectere. We've been tracking it here.
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    if stairs are against a wall, the trim on the outside of the house has a gap
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
    Yep, see the link in my last post @Reitanna.
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    I'm sorry if this has already been said... But none of the new expansion or stuff pack items appear in the room clutter sort options. For example, if I am in the build by room - bathroom area. When I click on bathroom decor I only get base game items. This is especially annoying if I want to add clutter provided from the Spa Day or Parenthood packs, which both contain a lot of bathroom decor items. Instead, I have to go to the organize by function option - decor, clutter or misc. and look for the rolled towels, soap dish, hair dryer, the new hanging towels, etc... which are all mixed in with random other misc. decor items not related to bathrooms.

What is the point of the sort by room option if the decor is never updated? It's very frustrating.
  • CheeseeDCheeseeD Posts: 16 New Member
    I agree it's a lot to read but the many things I did read needs to come in the build mode.
    Especially the windows without frames.

And I didn't see if u mention the landscaping like the sims 3 thing where u can play with the hights of the landscape.

Greetz CheeseeD
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Thank you @BryonyRae for putting these lists together and keeping them updated. It includes everything I wanted to request. I appreciate your hard work on it. :)<3
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I don't think this has ever been mentioned but it would be nice if quoins, skirting, cornice, chair rails etc were overlays rather than a part of the wall covering as that would allow us to place them as desired and we wouldn't need to repeat the same covering to get the different looks.
    Why do half walls still do this? Is there a work around?

kaJiTAM.png?1
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Sorry for the delayed responses, all!

@oXseashellXo I think that those particular items were probably not categorized specifically as bathroom items, even though the names/descriptions/appearances would lead you to believe that they should be. We can certainly bring it to the dev's attention (so I'll tag @SimGuruNick for awareness). I'm guessing there are probably a number of items with this issue though (and for other room types). They would probably have to do a pretty big review... Given how it works now, I would suggest that while you're the objects by function tab, filter for the specific pack(s) you want to use in order to make the search easier.

@CheeseeD oh yes, we definitely requested the ability to work with terrain again. :)

@Simalleyaile you're quite welcome!

@sawdust We actually did request that last year: 11/1/15 Add more wall styles with baseboards (including dark baseboards) in the basic Paint category or add toolset(s) to enable us to apply skirting, moulding, etc. to base wall styles

@Nectere I consider it a bug, and it seems to have to do with when a flat is adjacent to the half wall. I've been able to work around it by deleting the flat and then recreating it. You might give that a try.