Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,081 Member
    edited August 2017
    @Stangmix2 --- Thank you very much for your nice comment about my kitchen :D! I’m happy that you liked the room’s fish shape, as well as the florescent colors that I used, as well as my use of the windows as the fish’s eyes B)!

@Laebeth --- I love to use colors --- how did you know…lol :o ?! I’m really happy that you like my continued use of bright colors and how I placed his mounted fish collection and the counter tops :D!
    @Laebeth --- Your kitchen is awesome B)! I love how you placed that fish tank and the color scheme you chose, the sailboat painting and the other details and decorations in the room B)! It was funny to read what you considered naming your kitchen. I think “Off the Hook” was my favorite <3!

@Jessiejessan --- Thank you for your nice comment about my kitchen B)! I’m glad that you liked my loud color choices and that you like how unique my kitchen is :D!
    @Jessiejessan --- I love how you made a “fish wall” --- surrounded by two fish tanks and your curtains :D<3! I also like your counter tops and the other decorations in your kitchen :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

You're welcome @MyFavoritedesign :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited August 2017
    @Agrippine_23 --- Thank you for your nice comment about my foot and healing <3! My knee is O.K. now, and I’m done with my antibiotic, and my foot feels a little better :)!

I know you’re on your beach vacation now and have exams after that (good luck, by the way B)!), but I wanted to write back about your comment about leaning or teaching someone a new language. It’s good that you think that learning it using all four skills is better :)! In school, we sort of went back-and-forth. In the beginning, there was tons of vocabulary memorization. I learned new French words like lightning, so by the time the other students learned them, I wanted to learn more.

I remember wanting to learn more than just the present tense before it was taught (and I did not have the internet at home yet.) My French teacher told me how to form the “passé composé” right before the end of seventh grade, and I had to remember, é, i, u while I walked home before I could write it down ;)! By French 3 in my sophomore (second year) of "high school" (I almost wrote "le lycée" because I'm thinking about French a lot, as I'm writing this post,) I had to study a little more, but French was still easy to learn B)!

It's great to know that it’s really fast to get from Paris to southern France :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Whoops, I can't believe I forgot to thank you for your excellent comments, @rosemow! And thanks for yours, too, @coolsim9999999! I've had a busy week, and I think I've missed some Maxis faves along the way, so I'll just say: congrats to anyone I've missed! I'm always impressed by the massive amounts of creativity and talent displayed in this forum!

Let's see if I can try to catch up on comments.

@StangMix2: Like others who have commented, I'm very impressed by your clutter! It makes the room looks very realistic and homey. And I'm studying the way you made that wrap-around counter/island formation. It looks really great--and I didn't know you could put a refrigerator in cabinetry that way!

@vickyloo: Great kitchen! It looks very lived-in. I like the garlic rope on the round window, and I laughed out loud when I saw the nude gnome! I've never seen him up close before.

@WhiteMojo: I absolutely love your ice-fishing cabin! Such a great idea! And I love it when people create rooms that are a little more shabby and run-down. Filling the laundry basket up with fish is an inspired idea!

@MadRadMandee: Really nice room--I love that you modeled it on your dad's kitchen! Great details, too. I especially like the orange life-saver ring and the pool-skimming net on the wall.

@MyFavoritedesign: Beautiful room--very sleek and modern! I love the way you put the clock and the fish sculpture inside the water-wall thingy. (That's what it's called, right? "Water-wall thingy"? :))

@Jessiejessan: Great room! I love the wall where you combine the live fish with the display case of mounted fish!

@coolsim9999999: Beautiful kitchen! I love the bright colors you used and the way you made the room fish-shaped! Very cool!

@ARADEMIS212: I love the color scheme of your room, and the clean modern lines! The little eating nook is adorable. Also, get a room, you two! :)

@fizzlegig: Awesome room! I love the rustic look of the stone floors and walls, and the old-fashioned stove. Great idea to put the little woodshed next to it. And what a great shape! I resort way too often to the "square room" room tool, rather than trying something new.

@StSciurus: I love your fishing shack! Nothing fancy, but all the basics--and who needs walls around your toilet and bathtub when you're all by yourself anyway? :) I don't even like fishing, but I'd love a cozy little place like this to go sometimes...

@Laebeth: What a gorgeous room! I like the way you made the fish tank the centerpiece of the room. And I love that you put up pictures of Philip fishing!

@lsnishi: I love your fishbowl room! Such a fun idea. And those lamps have always reminded me of fisherman's nets, too. Also, kind of a silly thing to comment on, but I like that you used an arch as an entrance to the room, instead of a closing door. I've never lived in a house with a closing door to the kitchen, but it didn't occur to me to do it that way when I made my own room. :)

@Ainsleyf: Beautiful room! I love the oval center island and the various configurations of counters. And that's a pretty impressive fish over the fireplace! Philip must be proud! :)

@emere: Your room is gorgeous! I love the colors you've used, and all the design touches, like the garlic on the wall and that crazy modern light fixture in the window.

Great rooms, everybody! Thanks, @rosemow, for another great challenge!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    @carolynrosser , what a sweet thing to say! Thank you! :smiley: I have actually been in cabins like Phil's shack where the toilet is just tucked away in a corner without walls!
    edited August 2017
    You’re welcome @carolynrosser :D!
    @carolynrosser ---I'm really happy that you like the florescent colors that I used and my fish-shaped kitchen B)!

@steskens --- I really like your blue and white kitchen and the other fish decorations in your kitchen, as well as the cool-looking stove hood you used B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Thank you @carolynrosser so much for your lovely comment. :)
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    We are on our two week vacation, yay! I will still have some time for playing sims but it will be limited. I will do my best to get back and comment on all the Wonderful entries for this week's challenge. :blush:

Congratulations on the Maxis Faves for your Fabulous rooms @Agrippine_23 @jazzunicorns @carolynrosser @Sjemmie03 @SerraNolwen and @Corwim! :smile::star::star::star:

Challenge 124
    Theme for the week: A Kitchen For A Fisherman.
    Gallery name of room: Fish Tales
    Origin id: wrathofcath
    08-13-17_9%253A56%253A51%25C2%25A0AM.png

08-13-17_9%253A57%253A32%25C2%25A0AM.png

08-13-17_10%253A03%253A02%25C2%25A0AM.png

08-13-17_9%253A59%253A50%25C2%25A0AM.png

08-13-17_10%253A03%253A17%25C2%25A0AM.png

08-13-17_9%253A59%253A22%25C2%25A0AM.png

08-13-17_10%253A03%253A53%25C2%25A0AM.png
    edited August 2017
    What a great ocean behind the bar with waves, a boat and a school of fish --- and the sun smiling down on it @WrathofCath B) ! I like how the paler part of the water matches the chairs, bar and counter tops :D !
    4kkjdXo.png

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited August 2017
    Very nice colour scheme @WrathofCath! <3
    Post edited by MyFavoritedesign on
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Thank you @WrathofCath ! And that's an amazing kitchen! I love the colour scheme and the return of those little round windows. :) (I think I have a thing for blue these days. When I showed my mother my latest builds, she made me realize that.) I also like the updated rustic look of it. (Totally stealing that last expression from a review of one of my homes for another challenge, there, but it suits it perfectly.) As for that piece above the bar, it is so beautiful and flawless that I didn't even realize how many items were in it until I read coolsim's comment. It's very, very nice.
    @SerraNolwen --- Yeah, that decorative piece has lots of pieces B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• marellinormarellinor Posts: 39 Member
    Thank you for this challenge! I had a lot of fun with designing Philip's new kitchen. This kitchen is filled with a lot of souvenirs from Philip's fishing trips. The room has open doors and big windows with a view over the sea so that you can really smell the sea from inside. Hope you like it!

Challenge 124
    Theme for the week: A Kitchen For A Fisherman.
    Gallery name of room: The Seaside Kitchen. https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E6953EA9804D11E78439878F2FBA529B?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=the%20seaside%20kitchen&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin id: marellinor
    Pictures of the room:
    Q5m4pM9.jpg
    C3qVdLv.jpg
    I4c0qnr.jpg
    nWYdtfH.jpg
    juTF64u.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Hello @marellinor :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so special and nice that you have joined us and posted a room for this week's challenge! Thankyou very much! I hope that you will also enter future room challenges also :)
    It will take me a little while to catch up on the posts in this thread and write about the rooms, so I can't write about your room straightaway but I just wanted to welcome you to the thread :)
    Sjemmie03 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Thanks to you all for the lovely comments on my Freezer Bunny Pool! I'm having some troubles with my arm, so typing is difficult right now...sorry for the short response. Very nice kitchens so far! I'll try to make one..but it will take me a while...

Hello @Sjemmie03
    I am sorry that you are having issues with your arm :( I hope that it feels better very soon for you.
    It is great that you have now finished your anti biotics course @coolsim9999999 :) and are now not feeling dizzy. It is good that the infection has gone and the cut is healing well :)
    Thank you @rosemow for your very nice comment! I'm happy, too, that the infection is gone B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Blue Fish is a very stylishly nice modern kitchen for Philip! @steskens :) Very nice layout and design of the room! The blue and white colour scheme looks very nice. The island stove and sink counter looks great! The dish rack and utensils look great on the counter, and the condiments , candles, flowers and utensils are nice touches on the wall shelves. He will look looking proudly at the fishing collection plaque on the wall! The aquarium is a nice touch in the room for him to keep and look at some of his fish that he has caught. It looks very nice how the mounted fish are proudly displayed on the wall! The blue flowers in the areas of the room are pretty touches that add a nice feel to the room. It is nice that the aroma of the incense will fill the room and be a nice scent for him to smelll whilst cooking and dining, and remove any fish related smell. The wooden flooring and walls suits the kitchen type well. Nice fridge nook in the corner of the room. Very nice windows dining table area! He will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst he is eating his meal at the table. The blue table and the white dining chairs look great together! The plants are nice touches of green in the room.
    The furnishing of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • marellinormarellinor Posts: 39 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for the warm welcome!
    The furnishing of Fish Tales is very nice! @WrathofCath :) Happy vacation time! I hope that you are enjoying your time away :) The blue and white colour scheme of the room, the white wooden walls and the light blue flooring give a very nice look to the room. The bar wall nook area looks so very great! The fish and ship look great on the wavy seas , with the sun looking down onto them! Philip will enjoy having a drink from the bar with his meal. The Parenthood cabinets and counters look great in the room! It looks very nice how they have been placed on the walls, and to create a U shape, where Philip can enjoy sitting on the chairs eating his fish dishes. The blue porthole windows are a nice touch in the room to fit the sea theme. The dishrack, knives, utensils, saucepans, spice set, bread box, bottles, teapot on the stove and pots and jars on top of the fridge are nice homely touches in the room. Nice dining table area in the middle of the room for him to share his meal with other sims so they can enjoy eating the fish dishes together. The type of chairs used looks very nice. His caught mounted fish are proudly on display on the wall for him to see when cooking meals! The fireplace looks very warming ! The ship and globe on the fireplace ledge and the sailing maps on the wall, are nice touches there. His fishing hampers look great kept handy in the corner nook, ready for when he next goes fishing.
    The design and furnishing of the room is very nice! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
    The furnishing and layout of The Seaside Kitchen looks so very nice! @marellinor :) The wide open door and the large glass windows look so very great and are very welcoming! The nice aroma of the sea will come in, and Philip will enjoy looking out at the sea views. It is a very nice light filled room. The white wooden wall texture gives a great look to the room. The aquarium and the fish bowl are special touches for him to see fish whilst indoors. The large port hole style window looks great in the room and the blue curtains look nice. The nuts add a great touch to the wall. Very nice circular dining table in the middle of the room for him to enjoy sitting on the stools eating his fish meal. The saucepans, dishrack, and fruit bowl are great kitchen touches. The crates look great in the corner nook,and the maps on the wall are a nice reminder of the places where he has gone fishing. The coat shelf is a homely touch. Very nice shelving nook above the open door! The mounted fish, display plate, and spices set look great on display there! Very nice windows seat bench sitting area for him to rest there after a day of fishing , and have the sunshine coming in onto him. The scenic painted pictures are pretty on the wall. The ships on the wall and on the shelving look very nice and suit the room theme very well! It is nice that he has postcards on the noticeboard from his fishing adventure places. The wall clock is a nice touch. The mounted fish and fish collection plaque on the wall are very nice reminders of what he has proudly caught!
    Your simversion of Philip is very nice! It is a very special photo of him enjoying fishing :)
    It is a very nice Fisherman's Kitchen! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • fizzlegigfizzlegig Posts: 88 Member
    @emere @steskens @WrathofCath @marellinor I love your kitchens, they're all very creative & I like the colour schemes :):):):)

Also thank you to @coolsim9999999 & @carolynrosser for your comments ;)<3
    Origin ID: igrog71
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Just playing catch up... :p

@carolynrosser Good idea to make a proper diner! Great restaurant kitchen, love the wood and rustic work benches. The diner itself looks wonderful, I'd feel like I'm sitting under the sea, especially with those awesome fishnet lamps and the aquariums! Love it :blush:

@Ainsleyf Oh, strange as it may be I actually love the view from the windows! haha. Looks like it's a cabin up in the mountains! It's a great rustic kitchen and I love the fireplace and the stone walls! Oh and those shelves in front of the windows packed with food and condiments looks awesome! The cracks in the wall is a nice touch, and really nails that cabin feel :blush:

@emere Love the colors, the royal blue and vibrant purple! Really awesome modern look and I love that the kitchen is "open" towards the customers and close to them. That really gives it that fast food feel!

@steskens That shade of blue in the counters looks so great against the soft white/cream colors! Love that kitchen island with the stove and sink :blush: The old reclaimed wood walls is a nice touch that really gives the room warmth and personality!

@WrathofCath That feature wall! So often when I see your rooms I am left wondering "how did she do that" or even.. "how did she come up with this?". haha! You are full of surprises :blush: The cerulean blue counters and furniture look wonderful! I also love that you added a bar.. why not? The room has a wonderful homely feel :smile:

@marellinor Welcome to the challenge, and well done on your first entry! :blush: I love the open doors actually! The slightly worn wooden walls slightly damaged give it that weathered look, perfect for this theme! The cream colors look stunning, and the big windows are wonderful. Such a great room!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • jazzunicornsjazzunicorns Posts: 185 Member
    Theme: Fisherman's Kitchen
    Gallery Link: Deep Sea Canteen
    Origin ID: Jazzunicorns

First and foremost, my apologies for the poor quality of the screen shots. I'm using an older computer at my parents' place right now while my place gets fumigated (long story). Still wanted to submit something for this week though!

hsbg6w4.png
    Maybe it's just me but I wish there was more grimy looking furniture in TS4. Also, Philip looks pretty put together to be living in this... situation.

x4mgC5L.png
    Makin' some drinks for his daughters (who are definitely not legal to drink nectar yet). Maybe Phil isn't as charming as his demeanour would have you believe.

vP9zrW1.png
    Not sure if that red stain is blood or rust, but Vladimir Vampirovic lived here before, so the whole scenario is super questionable.

6vb3bLX.png
    Secret fishing hole?

YWlfkKl.png
    This kitchen is a mess, dad!

A665Dbj.png
    Top down view.
    The messy, grime themed design of Deep Sea Canteen looks great! @jazzunicorns :) The type of textured furnishings used captures the theme well. The food and street art on the ground , and the cracks, markings, rips and stains on the walls are very great touches! It looks great the way the saucepans and jug are in the sink. The danger sign and piping look great on the wall. The blue/grey colour scheme of the room creates gives a great feel to the room! The old blue tiling looks great on one of the walls and the type of flooring used suits the room type well. It looks great the counters are cluttered with kitchen items. The steel sink, old radiator , grates and the crates add to the look of the room. The piping going into the water looks great! It is wise that there is a fire extinguisher in the room. I hope that Philip uses the knives that are on the wall safely!
    The themed furnishing of the room looks great! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top