Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twinbrook Makeover

cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims 3 World Builders
Not sure if this is the right place for a makeover since I didn't actually build Twinbrook, but here goes ...

Because I replaced several single function buildings with combo buildings several lots were freed up. I also removed all Showtime venue lots, the fire station, the tattoo parlor/salon and bulldozed the large junk yard. This freed up a lot more lots. Whenever I want to play one of the Showtime careers there are plenty of lots available.

central park and city government building (city hall/police and military)
y5kFcdP.jpg

hospital/science lab
8HfH0ZD.jpg
S3aADj3.jpg

school and sports
d4MvPTh.jpg

grocery/cafe combo with bookstore/spa combo
PXiKFn7.jpg
4Pp7LrP.jpg
Kdj2sGB.jpg

I built a larger gym where the fire station used to be. It has a large pool with 2 diving boards, 2 hot tubs, a sauna/steam room, a massage table, a dance studio, a sim fu room and bathrooms with showers downstairs. Upstairs is a tread mill room, a weight bench room, bathrooms with showers and a snack area.
MAIjeCN.jpg

I placed a small consignment shop where the old gym used to be

I put a criminal rabbithole rug upstairs in the laundromat

I placed a movie theater with two big movie screen rooms and the film backlot where the old consignment shop used to be.
07H9fG6.jpg
tbQUpGa.jpg

Redid the Red Rendezvous to include a dance floor and a karaoke machine, etc.

Placed a university hangout where the old spa used to be. It has bowling, pool and ping-pong.
HuOQXBS.jpg

Placed the Kinky Klub, an adult and/or vampire lounge, where the old diner used to be.
5kKJo23.jpg

overview
01U7VHw.jpg

I may place the tattoo parlor/ salon on its original lot and place a 20X30 firestation on the old theater lot next to it.

Comments

• musicman4365musicman4365 Posts: 191 Member
    edited August 2017
    Looking good so far. I want to know if you intend to build a 60x60 lot in the world? Also can you put in a nectary as well as a dojo?
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Looking good so far. I want to know if you intend to build a 60x60 lot in the world? Also can you put in a nectary as well as a dojo?

Thank you.

I didn't need two junk yards in Twinbrook so I bulldozed and removed the spawners from the 60X60 junk lot so it is available. I left the small junk yard.

I am not actually building this world in CAW. I am just using edit town to modify the EA town that came with Ambitions.

I know this is the builders forum but I wasn't sure where else to put a thread like this. :)
  • Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
    You are doing a wonderful job with this makeover :)
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content

• FunkycormFunkycorm Posts: 50 Member
    I love it. I am in the middle of a sunset valley house makeover myself!
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited September 2017
    Funkycorm wrote: »
    I love it. I am in the middle of a sunset valley house makeover myself!

Thanks. I've also done a Sunset Valley makeover. Would love to see what you've done.
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • NirvanatjeNirvanatje Posts: 35 Member
    love it so beautifull love it
  • Stormcat3Stormcat3 Posts: 57 New Member
    Looks awesome! I always loved Twinbrook, even though I never liked any of the sims in it.