Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims eating in front of the fridge?

I've noticed for a while now that my Sims love to stand in front of the fridge to eat their food after they take it out even when they have PLENTY ( 2 barstools, 6 dining chairs and sofas) which are not obstructed by anything, nor have anything on the surfaces of the tables. It is very irritating in a large household where everyone wakes up at the same time because once the first person gets food, everyone else can't and my sims always end up with low needs for school and work.

Comments

• AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Do you have the Parenthood GP? If so, try having the table set before you direct your sim to grab something from the fridge. They'll usually sit down at the table if it's set (in my experience, anyway).
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    This happens to me aswell. Annoying yes. I just tell them to go somewhere, it doesn't cancel their eating.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Do you have the Parenthood GP? If so, try having the table set before you direct your sim to grab something from the fridge. They'll usually sit down at the table if it's set (in my experience, anyway).

I actually read about this and tried it and it made no difference.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

I actually read about this and tried it and it made no difference.
    That's a shame, then. I remember having this bug; it's super obnoxious.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Try moving them, it should work. I fI tell mine to sit when they're eating there it doesn't work but when I make them walk to some place they move.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Just tell them to get food from the fridge and subsequently queue an action to have the sit down at the table.
    If I do that in my game, they'll grab their food and sit down where I directed them to sit.
    It's a couple more clicks, but it's a feasible workaround.
    But it would be nice if they fixed this and all the other (not) sitting down to do something bugs.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    For me, they usually have a few bites and then sit down somewhere. As somebody else said, just select where you want them to sit and they should do it.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    This happens to me aswell. Annoying yes. I just tell them to go somewhere, it doesn't cancel their eating.

I've noticed in my game it now cancels their eating. A bloody nuisance.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »

I've noticed in my game it now cancels their eating. A bloody nuisance.

It's fifty fifty sometimes they cancel their eating and sometimes they sit and eat.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I just have to tell mine to sit when they do this. I've noticed only one sim seems to do it all the time, the others actually sit 95% of the time. I'm not having the issue of their eating being canceled, yet; so that's a bug to look forward to. #buggedlife
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I believe there is an option for them to just take food and place it in the inventory. You can then drag it on to where you want them to eat, that works for me.