March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Robinson Collaborative Legacy OFFICIAL THREAD [2.0]

Comments

• LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    My first getting started post is up here!
    https://iammsrobinson.wordpress.com/
  • allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @LadyLana1 Your Elise looks so chill and casual! Adding your blog to my roster. >:) Alice and Eric were my Elise's first friends, too...but they fell off the face of the planet. Here's hoping they treat your Elise a little better!
    edited August 2017
    @allysimbuilds Thanks! Im actually quite happy with how she turned out. She's not the Sim I normally would pick to play.
    Btw, I love that you are putting up an estimated read time lol
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    LadyLana1 wrote: »
    @allysimbuilds Thanks! Im actually quite happy with how she turned out. She's not the Sim I normally would pick to play.
    Btw, I love that you are putting up an estimated read time lol

Now that you mention it, how do you do that Ally?
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited August 2017
    I just wanted to show you guys the most adorable moment with Elise's son Hiram. Akira had just given him a bath and then I think I had him go make dinner. Hiram stayed in the bathroom and played with his truck. It's too stinkin cute!!!

oglE5l1.png
    fcb9aWV.png
    6xTF6i5.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
    Another chapter! It's the last chapter of Elise's generation. Tomorrow we have a 3 chapter extravaganza of birthdays, dates, and weddings!

Chapter 1.10: Elise Explores

08-05-17_5-02-56c2a0pm.jpg?w=460&h=260&crop=1
  • allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @LadyLana1 and @Rainydayz179 For the first posts I did it manually, with a timer, but I read really quickly. The average adult reads 200-275wpm, so I divide my post's word count by 200, then round up. 300 words would be ERT of 2 minutes. Make sense? Funnily enough, I mentioned I was thinking of trying this in a few different places and it got the same response: waste of time, stupid, devalues your work, etc. I guess this has been a heated topic for a few years now with online journals and magazines? I've only noticed a positive impact for everyone, so I plan on continuing to do it.

I'm going to be off and on, like I have been, over the next few days. But I wanted to say a few things about shared spouses and goals. The challenge was created with the idea of it being fairly open and free-flowing, the only requirements were that we all had to start with Elise and have a legacy together. At first I liked the idea of having everyone achieve milestones and share a spouse for a generation, but it kind of looses the whole spirit of the challenge a little. I guess what I mean is, I don't know what making these things requirements is totally fair. If you want to take part in them, fine, but forcing it on everyone is a little restrictive. Just wanted to play devil's advocate and bring that up.
    @allysimbuilds I think the ERT is pretty cool so don't listen to the naysayers.

I'm torn over the legacy thing. On one hand, I'm so far ahead of everyone... Cassie's oldest ages to teen and her youngest to child next time I play. On the other hand, I know how bored people get with legacies so having some common denominator might help keep everyone feeling like it's a collaboration. If anything we could make a pool of sims and pick and choose whether or not we add them to our stories. If so, I might have to use a mod to increase the number of sims for a household, lol. I have a full house right now. :D
    Oh I'll come and catch up with ya haha . I really would not want shared goals but id love to have a pool of shared spouses. I agree that after a few generations there might not be much connection anymore and a few lovely guys would do the trick for me
    Oh I'll come and catch up with ya haha . I really would not want shared goals but id love to have a pool of shared spouses. I agree that after a few generations there might not be much connection anymore and a few lovely guys would do the trick for me

Hurry up and catch up with me! :D I did make one household for possible use with 4 sims but only 2 of them are guys. I guess the girls could be friends? One of the girls is the twin sister so there's that.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

Hurry up and catch up with me! :D I did make one household for possible use with 4 sims but only 2 of them are guys. I guess the girls could be friends? One of the girls is the twin sister so there's that.

You can never have too many for the gene pool.
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Meggles wrote: »

Which reminds me... there's Moose! <3 I already have him in my library.

Which reminds me... there's Moose! <3 I already have him in my library.

MOOSE!!! <3
    MOOSE!!! <3

You and I should totally marry Moose into the family in gen 3! <3:p
    Starting the 1st of 3 birthday parties in a row! Wish me luck, lol. B)
    @Rainydayz179 can you put up the males you used for 2nd and 3rd generation?
    MOOSE!!! <3

You and I should totally marry Moose into the family in gen 3! <3:p

SCHEDULED. I think I'll give him parents and put him in as a toddler when the first potential heir ages up! He won't have the same traits when he ages up but I can pretend, lol.

Good luck with your parties!
    edited August 2017

@SimQueenie9 made my gen 2 spouses for both my heir and spare. If you look on the gallery under #robingenes the heir married Adan from the Copeland household and my spare married Gabriel from the Hartley-Livingston-Roe household.
    SCHEDULED. I think I'll give him parents and put him in as a toddler when the first potential heir ages up! He won't have the same traits when he ages up but I can pretend, lol.

Are you going to do that soon? My first potential heir is a child now and the other is going to age to child today.

@SimQueenie9 made my gen 2 spouses for both my heir and spare. If you look on the gallery under #robingenes the heir married Adan from the Copeland household and my spare married Gabriel from the Hartley-Livingston-Roe household.

Are you going to do that soon? My first potential heir is a child now and the other is going to age to child today.

You can do it if you want. I work til 4:30 and then don't get home til 5 soooo. :cold_sweat:
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    *is getting quite depressed because we can't decide on anything* :c
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    I have a potential spouse for anyone interested that I will post when I get gome later :)<3
    suRdkSd.jpg
    You can do it if you want. I work til 4:30 and then don't get home til 5 soooo. :cold_sweat:

Oh man, no pressure right? :D
    *is getting quite depressed because we can't decide on anything* :c

At this point, I'm just going to play and hopefully some others will want to use the same sims every once in awhile. If we ever decide on goals that would be great but if I put off playing waiting for some kind of verdict I'll get bored and start something new.
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I have a potential spouse for anyone interested that I will post when I get gome later :)<3

Awesome! I'm set for gen 3 but maybe 4? Or maybe a spouse for my spare if she stays in the house.
    Im going to use simqueenie ones for 2nd generation, the moose or whatever if its up on gallery on 3ed and swcheppes for 4th. Then already halfway lol, easy peasy
    Im going to use simqueenie ones for 2nd generation, the moose or whatever if its up on gallery on 3ed and swcheppes for 4th. Then already halfway lol, easy peasy

Works for me! I'm going to be aging Moose down and adding parents for @Meggles as soon as I'm done writing this chapter. He's already on the gallery as a young adult. I forget who made him? He's in Meggles' story as someone that almost marries Elise as an elder if you're wondering who we're talking about.
    Omg Adan from Copeland family is soooo cute! Such a shame he is a meanie! And yes I was wondering who Moose was so Ill be sure to go check out the story.
    I also put 2 sims under #robingenes that I really love