Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Build-n-Share - The Hawthorne Project XIV - Due 31 Jan 2022

BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
edited February 14 in Nominated Threads
HAWTHORNE PROJECT SIMS!
3gHHX7s.png

Welcome to The Hawthorne Project, a place for those less fortunate than ourselves to create their own slice of home in a wayward world.

Founded by Ms Elizabeth Hawthorne, star of stage and screen including the lead in the epic movie Gone With The Sims.  The Hawthorne Project are working in collaboration with @BuildnShare to provide homes for those Sims who find themselves, for whatever reason, without one.

We are asking your Sims to come forward and apply for the chance to be given a new home, custom built to their needs, with everything they might need to reboot their lives.

Fill out the application form and send us a picture and who knows “It could be you!"

3gHHX7s.png

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE XIII
Name:
Traits:
M/F/TG:
Aspiration:
Occupation (Or Former Occupation):

Spouses Name:
M/F/TG:
Traits:
Aspiration:
Occupations (Or Former Occupation):

Child 1 Name:
Child 1 M/F/TG:
Child 1 Traits:
Child 1 Aspiration:

Child 2 Name:
Child 2 M/F/TG:
Child 2 Traits:
Child 2 Aspiration:

Child 3 Name:
Child 3 M/F/TG:
Child 3 Traits:
Child 3 Aspiration:

Further children please list below:

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

Tell us about your ideal home space: (You can use images if you wish)

Your Sims must be uploaded to the gallery and should include the following hashtag #BnSTHPXIV

3gHHX7s.png
The deadline for this challenge is 31 Jan 2022
GArBA5W.jpg
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited October 2021
    Welcome to Build n Share Hawthorne Project Sims

This is a Sim creation challenge that will run every four months to find the next candidate for Ms Hawthorne's Hawthorne Project. Ms Hawthorne was your ultimate Rags to Riches story back when Starlight Shores was in it's heyday. You can read more about the project here.

Look for results typically a week to two weeks after the deadline.

Big thanks to our judges and helpers!

What makes this challenge different from all the other ones I've seen?
    Ever had a Sim fall on hard times? Well, then, this is the challenge for you! You make the Sims and let others design them their new start in life. This challenge ties in with the Build n Share building challenge, you can find out more about it here. Each month one worthy winner will be plucked from obscurity and a custom built home will be specified to the building challenge.

The rules
    All entries must be original work. Any competitor who submits another creator's work will be disqualified and banned from any future Build-n-Share challenge.

You must upload your sim to the gallery for it to count as an official entry, no CC Is allowed for this challenge. Your entry must include the hashtag #BnSTHP and the current challenge number which is stated on the entry form.

By entering, you agree to allow your creation to be showcased on any of the BuildnShare social media outlets.

Please announce your official lot posting using the entry form above. Make sure to leave the "Official Entry" label notable. If you need to reformat it, you can do this by highlighting the desired text and then selecting "B" in the options above. This will help us see the entries in a sea of posts with no pics to guide us.

Entries must be submitted by the deadline, which will be made available when the challenge goes live.

Only 2 screenshots per entry please, this is to ensure that the thread does not become too picture heavy.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Reserved
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Reserved
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Reserved
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Reserved
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    What a great idea @BuildnShare ! I don't usually get involved with CAS challenges, but I do enjoy making Sims for my own game. I'll need to give this a shot!
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @BuildnShare @FaithofKaela
    Are Sims to be fresh from CAS or can households include BIG (Born-In-Game) Sims with gained skills etc?
    I have a mix of my own creations that are fresh/never played and Skilled plus BIG in same households.
    Would a hashtag like #BNS_Sims or #BNSHawthorne be required to tag entries?
    misscbong wrote: »
    What a great idea @BuildnShare ! I don't usually get involved with CAS challenges, but I do enjoy making Sims for my own game. I'll need to give this a shot!

@misscbong - Awesome, we look forward to seeing what you come up with!!
    @BuildnShare @FaithofKaela
    Are Sims to be fresh from CAS or can households include BIG (Born-In-Game) Sims with gained skills etc?
    I have a mix of my own creations that are fresh/never played and Skilled plus BIG in same households.
    Would a hashtag like #BNS_Sims or #BNSHawthorne be required to tag entries?

That is a very good point about tagging @EuphorialQueen!! I will add that to the challenge requirements. And of course it can include BIG Sims, it can include any sims, after all, anyone can fall on hard times :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Wonderful idea! I'm play-testing my entry now!
    Yay @Ainsleyf - can't wait to see what you've created for our new challenge <3
    GArBA5W.jpg
    We have updated the OP with the due date for this first round, 4th September 2017.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE ONE
    Name: Rima Al-Hadid
    Traits: Neat, bookworm
    M/F/TG: Female
    Aspiration: Successful Lineage
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Student - High School

Spouses Name:N/A
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:
    Occupations (Or Former Occupation):

Child 1 Name: Joram Al-Hadid
    Child 1 M/F/TG: Male
    Child 1 Traits: Loves the Outdoors
    Child 1 Aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp

Child 2 Name: Maya Al-Hadid
    Child 2 M/F/TG: Female
    Child 2 Traits: Clingy
    Child 2 Aspiration: N/A

Child 3 Name: N/A
    Child 3 M/F/TG:
    Child 3 Traits:
    Child 3 Aspiration:

Further children please list below:N/A

Please tell us a little bit about yourself and your family, if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

My name is Edith Moskowitz and I'm writing on behalf of a young teen-aged girl that has earned my utmost admiration; My women's group has sponsored three orphaned refugees and collected the funds to bring them here. We've found homes for each of them, but the eldest, Rima, is unconsolable that she might be separated from her brother and sister, and we can't find anyone that can take all three. She's convinced she can do it on her own. She's a very responsible girl and has a very convincing plan on how to support her family. We've found a local coffee shop that will sell her paintings and a farmer's market that will buy anything she can grow. Her little brother, Joram, is even offering to catch fish for the local fishmonger. The women's group will provide day care so that Rima can continue with her schooling. I really think they have a very good chance and it would break my heart to disappoint them after all they've been through.

Tell us about your ideal home space:

They need a home that wouldn't be impossible for them to financially maintain, so nothing too fancy. Rima insists that they can all share a bedroom, but I think they should have at least two, and a bathtub for the toddler. They'd obviously need a place to cook and share family meals, toys and activities for the little ones, books, and an easel and garden for income. They'd also need a place to play and share family time. It should be cheerful and homey so that they feel safe and comfortable, and although the poor dears are very grateful to be here, they are homesick, so at least a touch of the Middle East in the architecture or decorations would be wonderful.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/37216ADF7F4211E788E95A9D93EC551C
    kX3DL79.jpg
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
    It seems the hashtag with the underscore isn't working.
    edited August 2017
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    @Ainsleyf - Hmm, that's a problem, thanks for letting us know. Would you be mind re-uploading with the hashtag #BNSPH1 ?
    GArBA5W.jpg
    [/quote]
    @Ainsleyf - Hmm, that's a problem, thanks for letting us know. Would you be mind re-uploading with the hashtag #BNSPH1 ?[/quote]

Done!
    edited August 2017
    @Ainsleyf - Hmm, that's a problem, thanks for letting us know. Would you be mind re-uploading with the hashtag #BNSPH1 ?

Done!

Awesome Sauce!! Thank you sweetie!!

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2017
    Done!

Awesome Sauce!! Thank you sweetie!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Well it's now the 5th of September, so we have a new family who have been accepted into the Hawthorne Project. Congrats to @Ainsleyf, your family will be the next Sims to have a home built for them! Watch out for the next challenge :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    YAY!!!!! I did play them. It's really hard to get the conflict resolution points without adults in the household but otherwise were good. I can't wait to see what people build!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats @Ainsleyf!! Can't wait to start building something for your little refugee family <3
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    I know I just missed the deadline for Phase one (just found about it tonight). Will Phase 2 being starting soon? and can I still create a family for Phase one even though it won't be counted?
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    @Ainsleyf Congrats on your orphans winning the Hawthorne Project :smile: That is a tragic story, those kids deserve a nice home
    edited September 2017
    @CaramelLibra29 - of course you can still create a family, we'd love to see what you come up with, they can always be entered into Phase 2, which will be starting shortly.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION ALL

Phase two is now live. You have until the 4th of October to get your entries in.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    edited September 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    HAWTHORN PROJECT SIMS - PHASE TWO

Murphy Household

I know it's supposed to be parents/kids but I thought I'd throw a multi-generational family up for bid :)

Name:Maimah Murphy
    Traits: Geek, Bookworm, Loner
    M/F/TG: F
    Aspiration: Renaissance Sim
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation):

Child 1 Name: Jim Murphy
    Child 1 M/F/TG: M
    Child 1 Traits: Cheeful, Goofball, Geek
    Child 1 Aspiration: Computer Whiz

Child 2 Name: Shane Murphy
    Child 2 M/F/TG: M
    Child 2 Traits: Foodie, Loner
    Child 2 Aspiration: Master Chef

Grandparent 1 Name: Manuel Otenga
    Grandparent 1 M/F/TG: M
    Grandparent 1 Traits: Perfectionist, Neat, Materialistic
    Grandparent 1 Aspiration: Fabulously Wealthy

Grandparent 2 Name: Star Otenga
    Grandparent 2 M/F/TG: F
    Grandparent 2 Traits: Unflirty, Slob, Loves the Outdoors
    Grandparent 2 Aspiration: Outdoor Enthusiast

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

Hi, my name is Maimah, we're applying for the Hawthorne Project because we've got nowhere else to turn. My sons and I have had to move back in with my parents because I became sick, and their current house is in no way big enough for us! We're 5 people in a tiny 3 bedroom trailer right now and 2 of those room are -half- bedrooms! Thank god my kids are such good kids, but they're both growing up so fast. My oldest is really a young adult already, but he's staying with us to help pay the bills. I don't work anymore, I can't. My younger son is still a teen, he helps around the house alot. My older son is a loveable goofball, he gets along with everyone really. Very into his video games though. My younger son loves food, wants to be a chef when he's older, but he really doesn't like people all that much. (gets it from me I imagine.)

My mom and stepdad well, lets just say opposites attracted when they were younger. You ever hear of Felix and Oscar of the odd couple? Yeaa that's my parents to a T! My dad is all about the money, he was an accountant when he was younger at this point he just takes any job that earns the money. My mom loves the outdoors, she loves to garden and go camping and such. Me? I love to learn. My memory is going but I still love to read anything I can get my hands on, or play on the computer, or research on the computer. See I don't leave my room very often, except to make dinner for everyone and such. I don't leave the house hardly ever. As you can imagine, in a house as small as ours that can be a problem! We ALL have big personalities, and 5 big personalities in a wee tiny little trailer just doesn't cut it.

Tell us about your ideal home space: (You can use images if you wish)

We'd love a house big enough for all of us, or 2 small houses on one lot (preferrable!). My kids and I would love our own space, but my parents need to be close enough to help if things go wrong healthwise. I'm not very good with stairs anymore, and I don't deal well with heat, so windows I can open are a must in my bedroom, I'd also like some sort of computer in my room. The boys would be happy with some sort of man cave as long as there were computers and a place to hang out and play on the console. My mom and dad love to sit and watch Netflix, and cooking. A small garden for my mom would be nice, but not to big, she loves to garden but she also wears out easily these days. Just something to keep her hand in. My dad likes to work on his computer all the time, usually in the kitchen of all places, but he enjoys it. just a cheap one, he's really not very computer literate! He won't know the difference. Our houses don't have to be huge, just a little bigger than what we have now would be nice. Oh.. and we as a general rule hate clutter. Anything we have to dust isn't going to be nice for us, we have 3 Northern Breed dogs (or will when pets goes in teehee) so we can't afford more things for dog fur to stick to! All of us are kinda ok with being alone, but we also like to be together, so a place for me and the family to chat about our days and just relax would be nice too.

I know, we should wish for the moon and catch it, but I thought I'd apply anyway.
    Post edited by PersRealmsShadow on
    EkwtdjR.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top