Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Robinson Collaborative Legacy OFFICIAL THREAD [2.0]

Comments

• LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Great! Thanks! There we go then!
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    @LadyLana1: No problem! =D
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    I really think the shared person we use should be a spouse not a roommate.
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @swcheppes: Why is that?
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    Isn't one of the fun parts of this challenge that we are tied in by genetics and look how they advance differently? I think a common spouse would keep up this effect of having someone with the same looks interwoven in the challenge. Like, once in a while we still have the same base we go from, but the actual details differ. It would also work if the spouse was for the spare for those who don't want to have a pre-selected heir-spouse, since the genetics would still remain in the family. Would that be a compromise worth considering?
    edited August 2017
    @Asaoyoru: We're tied by the same founder, the same Sim, not really by genetics. But I agree that making the shared Sims spouses---for heir or spare---would provide a stronger tie than just having them live in the same house as the family.
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Asaoyoru wrote: »
    Isn't one of the fun parts of this challenge that we are tied in by genetics and look how they advance differently? I think a common spouse would keep up this effect of having someone with the same looks interwoven in the challenge. Like, once in a while we still have the same base we go from, but the actual details differ. It would also work if the spouse was for the spare for those who don't want to have a pre-selected heir-spouse, since the genetics would still remain in the family. Would that be a compromise worth considering?

I completely agree. I'd be fine with every other generation even but I'm sure that would be veto'd. I find it very difficult to search for a mate for my sims when I have so many sims in the house already. I end up having to ignore all of the other sims in the house for like a week or more just to have them "meet" someone naturally. I have this happen pretty much every generation in my Whim Challenge. Now in the Random Legacy rules you can put in a sim from the gallery or whatever but you have to meet them out and about.
  • PlushisimPlushisim Posts: 97 Member
    I am easy how we progress. I am actually just having a bit of a hard time getting over the hump. Poppy(my heir) has 5 days left as a teen. She has a bf and an idea in the direction she will go. My problem is I only want to play the family that I am progressing with but I don't really want to break them up because there was only 2 of them. Note to self: make more babies next time :tongue:
    Asaoyoru wrote: »

I 100 percent agree to this.
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @Asaoyoru: We're tied by the same founder, the same Sim, not really by genetics. But I agree that making the shared Sims spouses---for heir or spare---would provide a stronger tie than just having them live in the same house as the family.

Thats one of the reasons I don't like the idea of a roommate instead of a spouse. I think its as you said a stronger tie to the family.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @swcheppes I agree, too. I only suggested a roommate as an alternative option for those that didn't want their spouse picked for them.

I think a submission process for the people would be fun and then we can have people vote. We could post in the lounge and they'd be so kind to oblige us, lol. :)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    edited August 2017
    My Elise has her first kid and the house gets a remodel!!

The Diary of Elise Robinson (Part 3)
    Post edited by swcheppes on
    suRdkSd.jpg
    edited August 2017
    @swcheppes Your link for me wasn't working. I found you though :)

p.s I would post the link but it is not my strongest skill :tongue:
    Plushisim wrote: »
    @swcheppes Your link for me wasn't working. I found you though :)

p.s I would post the link but it is not my strongest skill :tongue:

Thanks for letting me know. It should work now :)
    suRdkSd.jpg
    Okay, so I had to go out for awhile today and while I was driving I was thinking about our current issue of not being able to decide on anything as a group. I was thinking of the Alien Adoption collaboration that I'm also doing and I remembered that one has levels of participation. Everyone decides how much they want to do and can change their minds later down the road if they want to.

So that's what I'm suggesting. We have different levels. Something like easy to extreme. Easy could be only adding a few of the sims we make into your legacy over all of the generations. Extreme could be adding one or more to each generation. We could also decide on levels of goals if anyone wanted to add those in still.

@Meggles and I were talking on Twitter while I was out and she suggested some of the extra sims we add could even be like long lost relatives of Elise's. Like a crotchety old lady or an annoying nephew. This way all of our stories could feature these sims at some point. Not even at the same time. Like I could add one in the third gen that someone else adds in the second. The point is, we could have a pool of sims that we think would be fun to have in our stories whether they are someone who can be a marriage candidate or someone to add a little spice to our sims lives and see how everyone deals with them differently.
    @Rainydayz179: Difficulty levels sound nice. :3 And yes---goals! <3
    @Rainydayz179: Difficulty levels sound nice. :3 And yes---goals! <3

Now we're getting somewhere! Okay, so we could do what? Three levels? Four?

What kind of goals should we do? I think it should be fun stuff. Like the cowplant essences (yes I'm stuck on that) or how about buying the cupcake factory? Making pumpkins and having a spooky party... if we all have that pack. Going to Granite Falls as a family. That way we can look at other's stories and be like oh wow my trip to Granite Falls was terrible but that one went great or my spooky party didn't have that many people... I don't know? LOL
    edited August 2017
    I love the idea of having to go on a Granite falls vacation!

What a out owning and running a store? It could be fun to see what types of retail locations everyone chooses.
    suRdkSd.jpg
    edited August 2017
    @Rainydayz179 @swcheppes: I think three difficulty levels would be good.

I don't have Spooky Stuff (or whatever it's called), but I do have Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work.
    @swcheppes I think a store was mentioned before so at least some of us are up for it. If not, it could always be part of the levels of participation.

@SimQueenie9 Ah, okay. No spooky parties. Unless we made it like some sort of party. There's the weenie roast and black and white bash too. We could just pick one from a list.

Oh, I almost didn't see you said 3 levels. It's hard to type with a ferret attacking my feet! Easy/Normal/Extreme? LOL I just like the sound of extreme! :D
    @Rainydayz179: Sims 4 Difficulty, Sims 3 Difficulty, and Sims 2 Difficulty? XD j/k. No. There should be something between 'Normal' and 'Extreme'.
    I'd say vacation at Granite Falls would be the easy level. Maybe something with having a ton of friends. I always neglect making friends for my sims so that would be a challenge for me.
    suRdkSd.jpg
    I am going to opt out for a bit and get my heading around standard legacy scoring. Good luck everyone.
    @Rainydayz179: Sims 4 Difficulty, Sims 3 Difficulty, and Sims 2 Difficulty? XD j/k. No. There should be something between 'Normal' and 'Extreme'.

You can call it hard or whatever but in my mind... it's extreme. :D
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I'd say vacation at Granite Falls would be the easy level. Maybe something with having a ton of friends. I always neglect making friends for my sims so that would be a challenge for me.

Maybe a different length of visit depending on difficulty? I always have a hard time with friends too. Except in Murkland. There, I'm friends with everyone! (there's also no aging so there's that)
    Plushisim wrote: »
    I am going to opt out for a bit and get my heading around standard legacy scoring. Good luck everyone.

If you need any help with the scoring let me know. Did you get a spreadsheet off of their website?
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited August 2017
    Posting yesterday and today's updates!

Young Adults

08-07-17_11-40-47c2a0pm.png?w=1000&h=500&crop=1

---

Lining Up My Ducks

08-09-17_10-27-58c2a0pm.png?w=1000&h=500&crop=1
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr