Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Robinson Collaborative Legacy OFFICIAL THREAD [2.0]

Comments

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    LadyLana1 wrote: »
    Ok, ill go give it a try tonight then and see what I can make of her. Are we doing the same spouse thing then or just pick whoever I want? And I can't remember if there were rules hehe. Im not really interested in doing a pinstar rules legacy but im pretty sure some of you aren't either.

Just strict matriarchy which means only girls can be heirs. And you're supposed to start on the big 50x50 lot in Willow Creek but I broke that rule and started in Windenburg. I think I'm the only one doing a Pinstar scored legacy with it.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @Rainydayz179 I'm scoring but not actively trying for points, lol. Just to keep track for "fun". :lol:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Meggles wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 I'm scoring but not actively trying for points, lol. Just to keep track for "fun". :lol:

Oh okay! Yea, I have the spreadsheet and everything. :D
  • LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    I once started doing a legacy with the scoring sheet but I didn't even finish the first generation, even though 2nd was already born. It was so so boring to me, I need to have a story attached to it haha else it will most definitely fail
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Where can I find how to score a legacy?
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    Wow ya'll have been busy! I kind of like the idea of having the same spouse for a generation; it kind of keeps the spirit of the collab. We all start with the same sim, then inject a sim we all have to use for one gen...maybe we do that a few times? I'm sorry if this was already decided, it's a little difficult for me to jump back into the conversation. :#
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    @allysimbuilds: But perhaps we can choose who the Sim marries? An heir or a spare, as long as they remain in the household?
  • allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @SimQueenie9 that's a good idea; it makes it less restrictive...especially if you have 6 kids!
    @allysimbuilds: Perhaps I'm a bit slow today, but I don't see how the number of kids matters in regards to how restrictive who the Sim marries is. XD
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Where can I find how to score a legacy?

Here ya go! Sims 4 Legacy Challenge Rules
    Wow ya'll have been busy! I kind of like the idea of having the same spouse for a generation; it kind of keeps the spirit of the collab. We all start with the same sim, then inject a sim we all have to use for one gen...maybe we do that a few times? I'm sorry if this was already decided, it's a little difficult for me to jump back into the conversation. :#
    @allysimbuilds: But perhaps we can choose who the Sim marries? An heir or a spare, as long as they remain in the household?

That's what I was saying. It can be a sim that has to be included in some way. More guidelines/recommendations can be hashed out when we decide.

And I totally like it being every couple generations or so. That way it's loosely tied together but still connected. :)
    @Meggles: Generations 5, 7, and 9, perhaps?

Or Generations 4, 7, and 10?
    I feel like we've been going back and forth about how to keep the colab going in future generation. Honestly I'm a little unsure where we've landed on it. I think the idea of your heir (depending on the generation you're on) marrying a sim that we've all chosen to use is the best way to keep this still a colab. I think like Elise we can still tweek them how we like (changing hair, outfit, traitd). I think we should vote to see for sure if this is what we want to do. If not then we can start thinking of another solution.

So I vote yes to #samespouse :D
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @swcheppes: I like the idea of having a shared spouse every few generations, but I still think there should be mutual goals to complete too.
    edited August 2017
    @swcheppes: I like the idea of having a shared spouse every few generations, but I still think there should be mutual goals to complete too.

I agree but for now lets make a decison on the spouse question and then once we know for sure about that we address what goals we should have. I think maybe each of us comes up with one goal we'd like be completed.
    suRdkSd.jpg
    edited August 2017
    @swcheppes: Or we could come up with categories, and then each come up with a list of up to 10-20 per generation---since in the interest of freedom, players won't be required to complete all goals---and divide them into said categories, and vote on them.
    Post edited by SimQueenie9 on
    I'm on team #samespouse with @Meggles and @swcheppes

As far as generations go... there's technically no 10th generation. A legacy ends when the 10th generation child is born. Some people continue after that but a lot of people start new challenges with that 10th gen child.

If y'all want to make up some goals go ahead but with the ones I have already doing scored I don't know if I can handle more. Maybe some of you would be interested in some of those goals just not doing the whole thing like I am?
    • One generation with 10 kids.
    • Memorialize each of your heirs and spouses.
    • Household net worth to certain amounts. (Might be hard for those playing on short)
    • Complete x number of skills.
    • Complete x number of aspirations.
    • Complete collections.
    • Have sims die in every way possible during the legacy.
    • Collect every emotional painting type.
    • Collect every consumable aspiration reward. (The potions)
    • Earn metal points for parties and dates.
    • Stockpile potions of youth.
    • Try to get every positive and negative character trait at least once through the legacy.
    • Have one sim get all 5 character traits good or bad.

That's some of the stuff I'm working on with them. I also thought I might collect all of the cowplant essences just as a fun side project.
    @Rainydayz179: Okay, so Generations 4, 6, and 8....Or Generations 5, 7, and 9.

Or if you think three shared spouses is too much, Generations 4 and 7, or Generations 5 and 8?

I dunno', doing the pre-set Legacy goals doesn't sound like much fun. :(
    What about, 1, 4, 7

As in: 1 (23) 4 (56) 7 (89) 10 is done :)
    edited August 2017
    @Meggles: Well...that would mean we'd have to invent a shared spouse for newcomers to use in Generation 1. And it would be something that people already in the collab couldn't take part in...
    @SimQueenie9 No, because Elise is the shared sim
    edited August 2017
    And it wouldn't necessarily have to be a spouse. Could just be a roommate.

Example:
    1: founder
    4: spouse/father of child (or "baby daddy", as it were :lol: )
    7: roommate
    Post edited by Meggles on
    edited August 2017
    @Meggles: Good point. And players could choose whether to have the other two as spouses or roommates. And we could make one female and one male, and players could choose between them?
  • LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Im about to start and I got a fun idea for myself to mix in a story, but I need to know one thing. Does the primal spouse have to move in or is it allowed to let him stay outside the household?
    edited August 2017
    @LadyLana1: Elise doesn't need to have so much as a boyfriend if you don't want her to. Just a donor.