Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When Is The USA Getting The Sims Mobile?

The Sims Mobile was announced on May 9th of this year. The rest of the world has it, why doesn't the USA have it yet?

I was originally hoping it would be available in the US by my birthday, May 15th, but I knew that was unlikely. My second guess was that it would be out by June so everyone could spend the summer playing it, but that didn't happen.

It's almost been 3 months since it was announced as "coming soon." Where is it?

I'm afraid I'm not even going to be interested in it anymore by the time it comes out. This is a pretty immature post, and I've heard that the mobile game isn't even good, but I'd like to play it for myself. The fact that it seems to be legacy-oriented is appealing to me. It's bothering me knowing that I have no idea when it'll come. I won't have as much time for it in the coming months.
Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
7ZDKKOkt.png
My Plum Family Tree

Comments

• Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    I think you've made this post in the wrong section. This section is for discussing the community voted stuff pack. You might have an easier time getting an answer on twitter though, the devs seem more responsive there.
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    Oops! Thanks!
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    The rest of the world has it? Please point me in the direction where I can obtain the game in the UK :*
  • Options
    r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    been waiting for it in Canada myself.
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    It's not in the Australian App Store yet either.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    jadenblahjadenblah Posts: 3 New Member
    Ugaugh. Ive been wondering the same thing. Android users can get it anywhere so I guess EA isn't really focused on it. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    jadenblahjadenblah Posts: 3 New Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > The rest of the world has it? Please point me in the direction where I can obtain the game in the UK :*

Do you have an iPhone?
  • Options
    LittlestGamer168LittlestGamer168 Posts: 88 Member
    It seems EA doesn't want the English speaking countries to get it.
    Why I play the sims is a question with a million answers.
  • Options
    Babsie94Babsie94 Posts: 18 Member
    I hope it comes soon. I'm gonna play the heck out of it. But it's still only in Brazil I thought?
  • Options
    CaityCupcakes10CaityCupcakes10 Posts: 91 Member
    I saw all the posts about The Sims Mobile and was super confused because I couldn't download it. I now know it's not yet available in Canada. Sighhh
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I heard something about Spain getting the testing version as well? I can't wait for it to come to the US though.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    It is only officially released in Brazil. But their are ways to get it in all other countries too. Just not from the official app stores. But I have it in Denmark and have also updated it a couple of times.

The official worldwide release is likely still months away.
  • Options
    pastelgxmer204pastelgxmer204 Posts: 13 New Member
    I don't think it's going to be very good. Based on what others have told me, you basically have to spend real life money to enjoy it.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I'm honestly surprised it was mentioned at Gamescom. I thought it'd been abandoned.

Normally when a game gets announced, it gets advertised. That hasn't happened with Mobile. They completely changed up the forums to accommodate it (by making the TS4 section slightly more awkward to navigate), and we've got nothing to show for it.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I'm honestly surprised it was mentioned at Gamescom. I thought it'd been abandoned.

Normally when a game gets announced, it gets advertised. That hasn't happened with Mobile. They completely changed up the forums to accommodate it (by making the TS4 section slightly more awkward to navigate), and we've got nothing to show for it.
    You just don't understand the soft launch concept which only is used for mobile games. But compare the 53 soft launched games on
    http://www.pocketgamer.biz/feature/60621/53-top-games-in-soft-launch-from-brawl-stars-and-lineage-2-revolution-to-homescapes-and-the-sims-mobile/entry/1/ The Sims Mobile is just one of them and such games are usually in soft launch for several months before their worldwide launch. But the Sims Mobile have got huge updates. So it sure isn't abandoned at all :)
  • Options
    MpartMpart Posts: 115 Member
    Interesting! I wonder when it will come out for the USA. I actually uh...haven't heard about it yet though I have played Sims Freeplay. I shall wait with excitement! :)
    t2W9HAW.png

Mpart's Builds; Taking Requests (Indefinite Hiatus)
  • Options
    SherrySherry Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Erpe said:
    > kwanzaabot wrote: »
    >
    > I'm honestly surprised it was mentioned at Gamescom. I thought it'd been abandoned.
    >
    > Normally when a game gets announced, it gets advertised. That hasn't happened with Mobile. They completely changed up the forums to accommodate it (by making the TS4 section slightly more awkward to navigate), and we've got nothing to show for it.
    >
    >
    >
    > You just don't understand the soft launch concept which only is used for mobile games. But compare the 53 soft launched games on
    > http://www.pocketgamer.biz/feature/60621/53-top-games-in-soft-launch-from-brawl-stars-and-lineage-2-revolution-to-homescapes-and-the-sims-mobile/entry/1/ The Sims Mobile is just one of them and such games are usually in soft launch for several months before their worldwide launch. But the Sims Mobile have got huge updates. So it sure isn't abandoned at all :)

I'm playing too, but only for about 6 days. How do we get energy for parties. The first few days, I was spending money right & left. Then I realized how to take breaks and they earn energy. However, how do they get "Party energy" wihtout buying cake? I've spent $20 already and want my daily $3, which should be atleast $15 or $20 daily dollars for our check list. Do you know how I can get party energy? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Sherry wrote: »
    > @Erpe said:
    > kwanzaabot wrote: »
    >
    > I'm honestly surprised it was mentioned at Gamescom. I thought it'd been abandoned.
    >
    > Normally when a game gets announced, it gets advertised. That hasn't happened with Mobile. They completely changed up the forums to accommodate it (by making the TS4 section slightly more awkward to navigate), and we've got nothing to show for it.
    >
    >
    >
    > You just don't understand the soft launch concept which only is used for mobile games. But compare the 53 soft launched games on
    > http://www.pocketgamer.biz/feature/60621/53-top-games-in-soft-launch-from-brawl-stars-and-lineage-2-revolution-to-homescapes-and-the-sims-mobile/entry/1/ The Sims Mobile is just one of them and such games are usually in soft launch for several months before their worldwide launch. But the Sims Mobile have got huge updates. So it sure isn't abandoned at all :)

I'm playing too, but only for about 6 days. How do we get energy for parties. The first few days, I was spending money right & left. Then I realized how to take breaks and they earn energy. However, how do they get "Party energy" wihtout buying cake? I've spent $20 already and want my daily $3, which should be atleast $15 or $20 daily dollars for our check list. Do you know how I can get party energy? Thanks!
    I don't really play it anymore. But it shouldn't be necessary to use real money on such games at all even though the game companies of course want us to. I have played a huge number of such free games and they have always been playable even without using any money.

But you are right that we always are offered to use real money for mainly two purposes too:
    1. To speed things a little up.
    2. To buy unimportant expensive stuff that usually isn't worth the money but either can give us resources a little faster or just change the looks a little.

My problem with this is, that we can soon use hundreds and even thousands of dollars on unimportant stuff that isn't worth it if we start buying even though the game is advertised to be "free". Of course the game companies have to live too. But I need more value for my money and much lower prices for such unimportant stuff if they want me to buy ;)

I will likely test the Sims Mobile again at some time. But they still change the game too much for me in the updates and it doesn't really seem to be a game for me anyway. So I most likely won't play it again before the official worldwide version is released.
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited September 2017
    I definitely see why the soft launch thing is something that bothers people - it's unfair and arbitrary, especially in this day and age where everything new and interesting going on is beamed across the planet in a matter of milliseconds. When video games first became a real thing, back in the 80s, it was customary for things like game consoles and movies to take several seasons, sometimes several YEARS, to be released across all markets. That wasn't reasonable then, not even slightly. A week, no problem. A month, alright. Two months, okay. Three? If you absolutely must. But anything like that, nowadays?

But I REALLY wouldn't hold your breath for something like The Sims Mobile. It's designed in every way to make as much money as possible. It's not a game that you buy once, that then leaves you alone. It's a game that, to be enjoyed, you'll need to constantly spend money on. And when you do, you'll find it to be surprisingly shallow. This much is obvious, because all games that follow this business model work like this. I've played more than enough of them to know that they're all the same, under the hood. I put actual time and effort into The Sims FreePlay, and it was always the same. So much promise, so little results.

So if you're looking for a flawed, shallow game that is repetitive and asks for your money all the time, you'd be better off sticking to The Sims 4.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    I don't think that we should compare mobile games with PC games at all because they are too different, are played in different ways and have different purposes.

1. A mobile game is something you can play everywhere (in a bus, in a car, in bed, in a train and even when you are using a toilet). But to do that it should be possible to play such games in very short sessions. All this are the advantages for mobile games over PC games.
    2. A PC game was traditionally something you only played at home using a stationary computer. Now we also have laptops. But we still can't use them everywhere as we can with our phones and tablets. Most PCs still start up much slower than mobile devices and therefore we don't want to play only in short sessions as we most often do on mobile devices.

So whether you prefer mobile games or PC games is mostly a question about how and where you want to play. I was earlier a dedicated PC gamer. But now I prefer mobile games because I can play them everywhere and even if I only have 5 minutes. I also like that I don't have to play the same game all the time but very quickly can switch between 2 to 5 very different games.

Comparing the prices of the games is also difficult. But the game companies plan to even change PC games to live services too. This means that we won't just buy the games once and for all anymore but all the time will be offered new things to buy for each game - just as we already are for mobile games. But we have to remember that nobody is forcing us to buy anything anyway. Free mobile games are very playable even if we never buy anything for them.
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    I don't really see why you'd pick one over the other. I'll play Angry Birds on the train, and I'll play The Sims when I get home. I expect the former to be a free or cheap game that is meant to be played for no more than 5-10 minutes, that would be nonsensical to want to play for more than 5-10 minutes, and I expect the latter to be a full title that I could play for days on end if I wanted to.

I think that these days, and with The Sims in particular, that line is blurring. The mobile games are too big and unwieldy to play for just a few minutes, and the desktop game can't entertain me for more than 15 minutes, once or twice a month.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    A quick Google search reveals:
    21th of November 2017.
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »
    A quick Google search reveals:
    21th of November 2017.
    Yes, Wikipedia says that on https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_Mobile But it gives the official trailer from the 10th of May as its only source for that "information" and the trailer doesn't say that at all. I also can't find any other sources that say the same. So maybe Wekipedia got it mixed up with some other game release?
  • Options
    8angels8angels Posts: 1 New Member
    Wait... so I can just change my region to South America and get the app? hold on, lemme try...
  • Options
    dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    I had the Sims 3 on mobile, but it was impossible to play with the lag.
    i like anime and stuff