Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Robinson Collaborative Legacy OFFICIAL THREAD [2.0]

Comments

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Plushisim wrote: »
    I am about to move onto my next generation and when I had a look around I noticed that everyone was either old or a ghost. I was a little brutal. I sent all the oldies off to an old folks home (except for my household elders) and evicted all the ghosts. Then I just downloaded a bunch of different families to populate all the empty houses. My only rule was that the family/single person had to be able to fit in the house and have their own room. (obviously parents can share a room) I am not sure I did the right thing but I really want to play without MC Command Center and I didn't have another solution. I was thinking I might do this for each generatioin.

When I was playing Drifter without MCCC at the start of each new house I would delete all of the elder households. Usually visiting lots like the park will generate new townie sims.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited August 2017
    @Meggles: XD I'd be okay with that as one of the options. But I'd like to have other goals alongside it, because just knowing the same Sim as other people's families doesn't make the legacy interesting.
    edited August 2017
    @Meggles @Rainydayz179 @Plushisim @swcheppes @allysimbuilds @Arrowleaf @SoulGal7 Okay, let's brainstorm a list of goals for each generation, and you have to complete 3 of 5...Or 5 of 7...Or 7 of 10...Something like that. :)
    @SimQueenie9 I'll have to think on it. The only things I can think of are things I'm already doing or things I've done in the Drifter challenge. Like getting all of the cowplant essences. Other than that, I'm drawing a total blank. This is why I do other people's challenges. :D
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @Rainydayz179 That's how I feel. I feel like using familiar sims is the only way to really keep them connected. It would make sense, too, because we all started with Elise; why not have each gen have a "featured" sim, too? Otherwise it's just like other challenges and not a collaboration.
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    And I mean, totally optional, too! I would do it, though, because I think it would be hilarious!
    @Meggles The problem is, if everyone wants to do it for the second generation I'm going to have to bow out. I've got a full house.
    @Rainydayz179 I think it could be any generation you wanted, personally. That way we all still have freedom!
    edited August 2017
    Some goal options, for example:
    • The heir must switch careers at least once, after advancing to no less than Level [3/4].
    • The heir must reach Level 5 of her career.
    • The heir must reach Level 7 of her career.
    • The heir must reach Level 8 of her career.
    • The heir must enter a career/work a home job (gardening, fishing, etc.) relating to their highest skill upon reaching YA-hood.
    • The heir must max her career.
    • The heir must work from home.
    • The heir's job must be running a [shop/restaurant] that [their heir/one of their children] will inherit.

• The heir must max two skills.
    • The heir must max three skills.
    • The heir must reach Level 5 in three skills.
    • The heir must reach Level 5 in four skills.
    • The heir must reach Level 5 in five skills.

• The heir must have at least one boy.
    • The heir must have at least two boys.
    • The heir must continue to have children until they get a multiple birth.
    • The heir must have no fewer than three children.
    • The heir must adopt at least one child.
    • The heir must adopt as many children as they have naturally-born children.
    • The heir can't have children before Adulthood.
    • The heir must become pregnant within a week of becoming a YA.
    • All of the heir's children must marry.
    • All of the heir's children must remain on the property until her death.
    • The heir cannot marry.

• One child from this generation must win a fight.
    • One child from this generation must date two or more Sims at the same time.
    • One child from this generation must get a negative character value trait.
    • One child from this generation must maintain straight A's throughout elementary and high school.
    • Only children who graduate high school with an A are eligible to be heir this generation.
    • One child from this generation must be removed for poor grades.
    Post edited by SimQueenie9 on
    I think I'm thinking long term rather than RIGHT NOW. Perhaps that's what I'm missing.
    Anyone else want to give brainstorming a go?
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited August 2017
    What of we did something with incorporating other people's Elise's into our future generations?
    Post edited by swcheppes on
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @swcheppes: Huh?
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member

All of our founders are Elise Robinson but they all look different and have different personalities. We can upload them on the gallery and somehow use them in future generations.
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @swcheppes: I wouldn't want to do that...
  • PlushisimPlushisim Posts: 97 Member
    I have an idea forming in my head but it is not a complete idea... what if we upload legacy loves like suggested but rather than picking one we do like a love roulette? The one you get you have to try and make your partner. If you suceed then you get so many points (top point) If you just end up being their friend you get less points...so on... I don't know.. something like that?

My second gen is about to take off so if we don't decide soon I will have to wait until the next gen.
    @Plushisim I'm already on my second gen so if y'all plan something for that one I'm going to have to opt out.
    @Plushisim: But what if you find a townie that you like better?
    I need to pick my heir fast and don't know how to get the polldaddy vote thing on my blog. Just learning the ropes here so the more time before we change the rukes the better in mybook.
    Plushisim wrote: »
    I need to pick my heir fast and don't know how to get the polldaddy vote thing on my blog. Just learning the ropes here so the more time before we change the rukes the better in mybook.

Feedback on the left near the bottom... polls... add new. You can either link to the poll itself or embed it into a post. If you want to embed it when you're in the post click on add poll then embed in post.
    *waits to find out rules before she keeps playing*
    @Rainydayz179 It's 2am here but I am going to check that out. Thanks! :)

As for rule changes I have decided to skip it for now and roll with what I have for now. I am having too much fun to stop playing. :)
    Yah, @SimQueenie9 don't let the goal chatter stop you from playing! You do whatever you want to do because having fun is the most important. There aren't really rules anyway, just ideas to keep our stories connected.
    @Meggles XD *feels frustrated 'cause she waited the whole day discussing this, and absolutely nothing has been decided*
    @Meggles XD *feels frustrated 'cause she waited the whole day discussing this, and absolutely nothing has been decided*

I'm already part way through the second generation and @Meggles is starting hers too so anything would most likely be the generation after this anyway. We were trying to find ways to keep it fun not something to stress anyone out. Sorry if you felt that way. :/