Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fringe

Comments

• Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Yeah, it has
    @friendsfan367 Hugs and love to you <3
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi everyone.

@friendsfan367 Lots of love to you.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    in Gr.5/6-8 I got stuck with playing what we called bells (look like an xlyphone but not together) and I wasn't too happy about it since I never got a chance to try any other instruments since the time MY row was called- in Gr.5/6 to try instruments-I had a coldsore and the teacher said "maybe after my coldsore healed" but by the time my cold-sore healed I had gotten stuck with the bells. I never had the chance to try a different instrument. She told my parents in between that it would be "best for me to do the bells"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I'm a flute player and soprano, too!! :smiley:<3

@MadameLee Oh!! Orff instruments!!! I love Orff instruments!!!

@friendsfan367 Lots of love to you today!! <3<3<3
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Meggles wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 I'm a flute player and soprano, too!! :smiley:<3

@MadameLee Oh!! Orff instruments!!! I love Orff instruments!!!

@friendsfan367 Lots of love to you today!! <3<3<3

@Meggles confused "Orrff" instruments?

4725341_0.jpg< had something simliar to this. Dad said if I liked it he would have gotten me my own set..but he never thought about the fact I got stuck originally with the bells-not having a chance with a real instrument like a trumpet, or like my sister, a flute-, which I keep repeating, over and over.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @CathyTea How do our conversations always come back around to this? ;)

It's because I really think we're fated to play music together some day! :)

@AdamsEve1231 Your flute teacher sounds amazing! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @MadameLee That instrument is SO cool! I used to teach music for K-5 kids! We used the Kodaly method, but we also used Orff instruments! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @MadameLee That instrument is SO cool! I used to teach music for K-5 kids! We used the Kodaly method, but we also used Orff instruments! :)

it might be cooler for me had I had the opportunity to try REAL instruments like my classmates did..but it was denied to me because of a cold sore on my lip. So I always hated it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited August 2017
    @MadameLee Yah! I know them as Orff instruments because that's the person who created the method for teaching general music. (He also wrote the Carmina Burana and the famous O Fortuna!!)

@CathyTea I think I love Kodaly more than Orff!!! I had so much fun in that class and I really enjoyed learning that teaching style! <3
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    @Meggles tee-tee-ta, right? :D:D

• swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    I never learned to play an instrument though I would have loved to learn piano. I did sing in the course from about 5th grade through high school.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited August 2017
    @swcheppes I played piano for a blink, and now I'm bummed I gave it up. Since I can read music, and I know what the keys on the piano are, I can sit down and play something with the right hand... very slowly. Never could quite coordinate the right and left together. I am always amazed at people who play the piano (or any instrument) really well. I have friends who can literally sit down and play anything.

One of my favorite sounds in the whole wide world is the sound of an orchestra warming up. I always thought it would be lovely to play in an orchestra, but my school didn't have one, and my college didn't either, and I wasn't ever that good.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2017
    EEK JOHN GREEN has a new book!!!!!!!!!!!!!! coming out in October!!!

@AdamsEve1231 we got a piano 3 years ago for mom but it's been covered by a bunch of other stuff so we can't use it. I would love to be able to play a bunch of my favourite Disney songs on the piano
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited August 2017
    i told mom a totally inapporiate story today on the way back from the funeral and she laughed. my brother cousin and uncle spoke but the story in my head didn't seem funeral appropriate. even though it was about dad, so i told mom what i would have said on the way home and she laughed.
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    i told mom a totally inapporiate story today on the way back from the funeral and he laughed. my brother cousin and uncle spoke but the story in my headdidn't seem funeral appropriate. even though it was about dad, so i told mom what i would have said on the way home and she laughed.

I'm glad you made her laugh. :)

How are you doing?
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
    i told mom a totally inapporiate story today on the way back from the funeral and he laughed. my brother cousin and uncle spoke but the story in my headdidn't seem funeral appropriate. even though it was about dad, so i told mom what i would have said on the way home and she laughed.

How are you doing?

i'll be alright. with time.
    i told mom a totally inapporiate story today on the way back from the funeral and she laughed. my brother cousin and uncle spoke but the story in my head didn't seem funeral appropriate. even though it was about dad, so i told mom what i would have said on the way home and she laughed.

You're back! I bet your mom loved your story! Laughing is the best thing. :)

How are you doing?

Yes, for sure! Time is the miracle!

Love you! <3

You're back! I bet your mom loved your story! Laughing is the best thing. :)

How are you doing?

Yes, for sure! Time is the miracle!

Love you! <3

love you too. you seem suprised i'm back you disappear everyday i only go away 3 days a week.
  • allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @friendsfan367 An Aunt I was close with passed in November, two days before my wedding anniversary. It was tough, no joke, until a few months ago...but then I remembered something huge. She wouldn't want me to be thinking about her and feeling sad 24/7, and that's the key. Mourning became finding a healthy balance between living my life and still missing her sometimes. I hope that the process goes smoothly for you and your mom, that you guys can find some peace.
    edited August 2017

love you too. you seem suprised i'm back you disappear everyday i only go away 3 days a week.

It's just that I kinda figures that the event would take the whole day. Suppers, and ice tea, and chatting, and itchy suits, and buzzing flies around the lemonade, and all that... I think I've been watching too many movies set in the South! :)

EDIT: Sissy, the Lounge went silent today without you! :o I just posted something to try to revive it...

It's just that I kinda figures that the event would take the whole day. Suppers, and ice tea, and chatting, and itchy suits, and buzzing flies around the lemonade, and all that... I think I've been watching too many movies set in the South! :)

EDIT: Sissy, the Lounge went silent today without you! :o I just posted something to try to revive it...

have i told you i love you.

have i told you i love you.

I love you, too, Sissy! <3<3<3

• MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member

How are you doing?

It's been almost 30 years since my father's heart attack. I definitely don't talk or think about it all the time now, but it still has a huge effect on me and I do still break down and cry every once in a while.

If you ever need to talk, even if it's years from now, I'll listen. *lots of hugs*
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited August 2017
    @friendsfan367 An Aunt I was close with passed in November, two days before my wedding anniversary. It was tough, no joke, until a few months ago...but then I remembered something huge. She wouldn't want me to be thinking about her and feeling sad 24/7, and that's the key. Mourning became finding a healthy balance between living my life and still missing her sometimes. I hope that the process goes smoothly for you and your mom, that you guys can find some peace.

This is lovely, the way you worded it. Grieving is definitely healthy and necessary, but you're right in saying you need to find a balance.

It will take time for sure, but you will get there!

D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @Karilan Thanks for the compliment, I tried to word that as best as possible; I'm glad it worked!

Hope everyone has been doing well lately!