Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fringe

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    That was a hat tip to Big Magic ! I love it and recommend it to everybody !

I devoured the first two chapters and now I'm letting it integrate before continuing !

Yeah, I would move over everyone and use MCCC to set relationships . When we talked about it at first it was preMccc so we weren't sure how to handle things like romantic relationships that could occur between distant relatives . MCCC takes care of those worries !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    Hey everyone :) I favourited this thread a while back but I haven't really felt up to speaking up until now :) How is everyone?
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    @Thymeless Hiyee! :) I loved your chapter this weekend! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

thats what i forgot i was going to write but thanks to jes i had babies floating in mid air. so i forgot.
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member

thats what i forgot i was going to write but thanks to jes i had babies floating in mid air. so i forgot.

I think I'm missing some context for that line... buuut I don't even want context because it's hilarious!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @CathyTea Thank you so much! I'm so glad I was finally able to get a version of it written that I liked :)<3
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    my sims in the Swansons aren't Muslims (Well except for 2 of them) but for some reason (which I can't remember at the moment) I want HAM and JGO as teenagers (for different but similar reasons) to cover their hair. do you guys think that would be acceptable?

now I remember as a kind of penance
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

I think I'm missing some context for that line... buuut I don't even want context because it's hilarious!

https://www.thesimsresource.com/scaled/2635/w-800h-600-2635629.jpg

what your missing jes is a bad influence 2 years ago i said no cc .but i love her.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hello Fringe peeps, I have officially favorited this thread. Thank you @CathyTea for the invite. I'm on my phone so muy auto correct keeps wanting to say "...for the oboe." Lol.

I'm not sure why you would give me an oboe, CT, but I would take it and make a point to learn if we really were exchanging musical instruments. Which instrument would you like from me in return?

Though I'd learn after my cold dissipates... I have a sore throat and wind instruments + sore throats are not a good combination.

Okay, derailed the thread with my silliness.

@friendsfan367 per the rules of the Fringe, I'm saying hi. *waves* Not sure what you're talking about but I wanted to acknowledge you.

Looking forward to being in this corner. :smile:
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 being an X-Bass Clarinet player, I found your oboe hilarious!
  • Options
    Hello Fringe peeps, I have officially favorited this thread. Thank you @CathyTea for the invite. I'm on my phone so muy auto correct keeps wanting to say "...for the oboe." Lol.

I'm not sure why you would give me an oboe, CT, but I would take it and make a point to learn if we really were exchanging musical instruments. Which instrument would you like from me in return?

Though I'd learn after my cold dissipates... I have a sore throat and wind instruments + sore throats are not a good combination.

@friendsfan367 per the rules of the Fringe, I'm saying hi. *waves* Not sure what you're talking about but I wanted to acknowledge you.

hi.if you click the link you get a mod that allows sims 4 babies not to be tied to cribs and you can even download cc cribs,

i know because my babies were floating in mid air then i yelled at jes and she told me.
  • Options

Give me a cello, please! (I already have two... but the more the better, right? Celli rule! Plus I love oboes! You're welcome! And what made your auto correct turn "invite" to oboe? Hmm....)

And Hi, Sis! @friendsfan367 ! I like floating babies!

• Options
    edited August 2017

Give me a cello, please! (I already have two... but the more the better, right? Celli rule! Plus I love oboes! You're welcome! And what made your auto correct turn "invite" to oboe? Hmm....)

And Hi, Sis! @friendsfan367 ! I like floating babies!

if you have one in each hand how are you going to play. you have to hold the bow too?

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

@allysimbuilds Bass clarinet!!! When I was in wind symphony there were lots of bass clarinet/piccolo duets so I was a happy camper! :lol: I'm a flute & picc player. With you, @AdamsEve1231 , and I we could have the start of a modified woodwind quartet/quintet! Just need a clarinet! Or! @CathyTea can join in and we could make something neat! :lol:@friendsfan367 can conduct us!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »

@allysimbuilds Bass clarinet!!! When I was in wind symphony there were lots of bass clarinet/piccolo duets so I was a happy camper! :lol: I'm a flute & picc player. With you, @AdamsEve1231 , and I we could have the start of a modified woodwind quartet/quintet! Just need a clarinet! Or! @CathyTea can join in and we could make something neat! :lol:@friendsfan367 can conduct us!

after tomorrow.i have a funeral to go too.
  • Options

Ooh! So fun! Let's play stuff by Les Six! :)

• Options
    edited August 2017

Ooh! So fun! Let's play stuff by Les Six! :)

you can't your holding to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 remember?

since when is base a bad word
  • Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    edited August 2017
    Side note for those interested in talking music: I did "wind quartet" for two years in middle school. 4 plain-ol clarinets, which sounded great *rolls eyes*. We actually won a few adjudications, surprisingly, but then I discovered I could play something huge. I had to go to one of my sister's concert band shows, and their bass clarinetist quit! I got asked to site-read the show, which was a ton of fun. Even had a feature piece! I have a few other stories, but I'll save those for a rainy day. Singing was more my thing anyway! ;)

@friendsfan367 I hope your day goes well, and the funeral goes smoothly. Be sure to take a little time for yourself; its easy to forget to when running around on funeral day.
  • Options
    Side note for those interested in talking music: I did "wind quartet" for two years in middle school. 4 plain-ol clarinets, which sounded great *rolls eyes*. We actually won a few adjudications, surprisingly, but then I discovered I could play something huge. I had to go to one of my sister's concert band shows, and their bass clarinetist quit! I got asked to site-read the show, which was a ton of fun. Even had a feature piece! I have a few other stories, but I'll save those for a rainy day. Singing was more my thing anyway! ;)

@friendsfan367 I hope your day goes well, and the funeral goes smoothly. Be sure to take a little time for yourself; its easy to forget to when running around on funeral day.

i put clothes on to go to moms. notice i didn't say the funeral. mom is picking me up at 8 to go to her house and redress me. between that and my aunt today will be intresting.
  • Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member

i put clothes on to go to moms. notice i didn't say the funeral. mom is picking me up at 8 to go to her house and redress me. between that and my aunt today will be intresting.

*hugs* Thinking about you today.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Oh! I used to play many different instruments! I think the violin was my favorite and I wished I kept it up. I played the clarinet for years until I decided to switch to the bass clarinet because I love the low notes but also because of the pure enjoyment I received from seeing people's reactions to a short little girl lugging around an instrument as tall as her!

@friendsfan367 So sorry for your loss. Like @MedleyMisty you'll be in my thoughts today.
  • Options
    @ny275 that's so neat you're musical snd have a lot of experience with instruments ! @allysimbuilds @Pegasus143 @Meggles @AdamsEve1231 and other musical types , we should set up a Fringe orchestra ! Something for everyone so everyone is included !

@MedleyMisty , I'll join you and Ny and ally in keeping @friendsfan367 in thought today . Lots of love, friendsfan367 .

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @CathyTea How do our conversations always come back around to this? ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Pegasus143 I take it the orchestra comment has come up before. ;)

@allysimbuilds @Pegasus143 @Meggles @ny275 @CathyTea (and apologies if I missed anyone)

I used to play flute actually. I still have it but I haven't played in over a decade and a half. I gave up to pursue and focus on singing. I've actually had classical vocal training and spent years in various choirs. Now my favorite is jazz since I've developed my lower range more.

When I was a kid, I wanted to play "heavenly music." Yes that's actually what I told people. I wanted to play the harp, but my parents said no due to size and expense so I played flute instead.

I had an awesome first flute teacher who was good at helping me see things from new perspectives. One time when I couldn't get a piece, he dropped me and stood up on top of the upright piano and asked how things looked differently up there. I climbed up next to him and realized if I could climb up there after I didn't think I could (at age 7 or 8) then I could conquer this piece of music. He also was my consistency in a time in my life when things were pretty chaotic at home. I still think about that moment and teacher from time to time. He moved away when I was 13 and I got a new teacher. I didn't stick with the flute but I did stay with music.

Perhaps I should find a way to include it in my Simself story. Haha. It was pretty defining. Anyone know of any standing on piano poses? :D

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    *hugs* @friendsfan367 thinking of you today. Wishing you strength and peace and comfort.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest