Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Debug Showcase: reanseih

reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
So I realized deleting and reuploading my lots constantly is no longer an option when I found a comment on one... I needed an alternative place to well, correct my oopsies, since one way or another I'm bound to forget something. You know that time when you forget to paint a wall? xD;; Basically a showcase thread that lists all my failures. Everything will be listed below each build.

Origin ID: reanseih

5ddyacI.png

A few things:
- #NoCC
- Fully furnished.
- Playtested, unless I forgot...
- MOO cheat, I'm sorry, turn it on.
- Pixel perfected tho! Everything should be perfectly aligned on or off grid.
- Criticism extremely welcomed, be as strict as you possibly can please. c:

XJjZXKs.png
青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
The Sims 4 Gallery
The Sims 4 Showcase
Post edited by reanseih on

Comments

• reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    edited November 2017
    XJV4YQf.png
    Modern Nostalgia
    Gallery Date May 19 2017 May 29 2017
    Last Update May 29 2017
    Bed 2 Bath 2 Half 2
    zwgYltj.png
    Bugs:
      5ddyacI.png
      Twin Flight
      Gallery Date May 25 2017 May 27 2017
      Last Update Jul 17 2017
      Bed 3 Bath 2 Half 3
      bIJcRHA.png
      Bugs:
      • Forgot light in shared gym washroom.
      • Forgot mirror in shared gym washroom.
      5ddyacI.png
      Grounded Heights
      Gallery Date May 27 2017
      Last Update Jul 17 2017
      Bed 2 Bath 1 Half 1
      3UbTwXz.png
      Bugs:
      • Stairs missing paint. I could've sworn I painted it... or did I do that intentionally and forgot? Both stairs.
      5ddyacI.png
      Home Sweet Millenial
      Gallery Date temporarily taken down
      Last Update Jul 11 2017
      Bed 6 Bath 5 Half 2
      No9VA4p.png
      Bugs:
        5ddyacI.png
        Home Sweet Millennial II
        Gallery Date Jul 10 2017 Jul 11 2017
        Last Update Jul 11 2017
        Bed 5 Bath 5 Half 3
        bTAWibE.png
        Bugs:
        • Vines in attic. I don't know how it got there, delete them.
        • Missing paint in spare attic room (behind the stairs). Just delete the room really, it was to fix lighting originally but I realized you no longer need it. Remember to paint the exterior walls to the attic again, even though you'd never see it tbh.
        • Uneven shelves in attic. The right side of the desk, it's perfectly aligned, just that the height is uneven. Can be fixed using the 9 key 3 times (bottom shelf), but you'll need to alt align it again.
        • Forgot light in ground floor washroom (brown one) & 2nd floor washroom. Oops.
          Fixed, reuploaded.
        • Drains in front of driveway buried. Unfortunately it's just how it is, this lot was a pain in the ground not being flat despite the lack of the terrain tools. Only way to fix is to drag floor tiles across.
        • Front pathway partially buried. Again, terrain trouble.
        5ddyacI.png
        Faelique Manoir
        Gallery Date Aug 11 2017
        Last Update Aug 11 2017
        Bed 5 Bath 2 Half 1
        8kPOhUd.png
        Bugs:
        • Outdoor items dropping (roof decorations, birdhouse, whatever else I haven't noticed), even with MOO on. This is not my fault. qwq Blame game bugs, it shows properly in the screenshot even! But placing the lot bugs it.
        5ddyacI.png
        Sand Castle
        Gallery Date Sep 11 2017
        Last Update Sep 11 2017
        Bed 5 Bath 2 Half 2
        MA7jV5L.png
        Bugs:
          5ddyacI.png
          Double Tenth #giftexchange2017 @LadyEmillye
          Gallery Date Oct 10 2017 National Day of Republic of China
          Last Update Oct 10 2017
          Bed 4 + 1 Bath 2 Half 1
          Ede6IOE.png
          Bugs:
            5ddyacI.png
            Eleventh Hour Token #giftexchange2017 @LadyEmillye
            Gallery Date Oct 16 2017
            Last Update Oct 16 2017
            Bed 5 Bath 2 Half 1
            TtbIFmU.png
            Bugs:
              5ddyacI.png
              Southern Cottage (pt. 1) (pt. 2) #collaboration with @SerraNolwen
              Gallery Date Oct 27 2017
              Last Update Oct 27 2017
              Bed 3 Bath 2 Half 1
              tyW6UMA.png
              Bugs:
                5ddyacI.png
                Midcentury Oasis
                Gallery Date Oct 27 2017
                Last Update Oct 27 2017
                Bed 4 Bath 2 Half 1
                firdHEG.png
                Bugs:
                  5ddyacI.png
                  Letter A
                  Gallery Date Nov 08 2017
                  Last Update Nov 08 2017
                  Bed 1 Bath 1 Half 1
                  Yr95tQN.png
                  Bugs:

BRMpmxa.png

wMGZTBH.png
                    Hotel el Restaurante
                    Gallery Date May 20 2017
                    ywW4MmC.png

BRMpmxa.png

DoMZsZr.png
                    Twin Townhouse #BumpkinTownhouses
                    Gallery Date
                    Last Update
                    Bed Bath Half
                    qTKlGI8.png
                    Qcs5NfS.png
                    sDpKX8K.png
                    63gUXjo.png
                    YkMUV8w.png
                    Bugs:
                    • Missing packs from original challenge, and thus missing a lot of things, I placed lot unfurnished.

BRMpmxa.png
                    MetrKZE.png
                    [url=""]Home Sweet Teenbed[/url]
                    Axed room from original Home Sweet Millennial.
                    5ddyacI.png
                    Southern Greenhouse
                    Axed greenhouse from Southern Cottage.
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase
                    edited November 2017
                    teYgr6H.png
                    3pgSYbq.png
                    ZT5iHSa.png
                    TEqal0u.png
                    Qiygt5C.png
                    P9IVQHU.png
                    YcjmOt9.png
                    ʟᴀsᴛ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ: Nov 30 2017

8JJrRjK.png
                    IhK7dQD.png
                    Wbxw6Ts.png
                    LUbCWgT.png
                    fbSTkJS.png
                    JXierXF.png
                    dTaTd4V.png
                    2dmQTj7.png
                    SfFmuEY.png
                    rl9q9j0.png

Td9Fwc9.png
                    Nezzssm.png

HeTzyj3.png

5ddyacI.png

jdsD5zT.png
                    Tpers0L.png

5ddyacI.png

F8hA2ce.png
                    Faelique Manoir
                    1fQx3Nd.png
                    np0zHs5.png

Sand Castle
                    hjK8zz2.png
                    75rp37q.png

Midcentury Oasis
                    hMhqobF.png

Letter A
                    uAw3a3q.png

XJjZXKs.png
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase
                  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
                    The exterior design of Home Sweet Millenial ll is very nice! :) The type of and placement of the windows looks very nice. The plants look very nice in the windows nook. The exterior wall textures give a great look to the home and greenery looks very nice on tne walls .Very nice outdoors sitting area for sims to enjoy resting on the seat bench unde themshade of the pretty cherry blossom tree. The garden nook in the front right hand side with the tree and plants looks very nice! The row of trees along the side of the home looks stately.
                    It is a very nice home :)
                    edited July 2017
                    Updated with pictures and info of residential lots. Was gonna take pics of diff angles but... meh.

I'll update the other stuff soon.

But BAHHH random townie sims just keep getting in the way of the camera! I even deleted the hidden households and they are STILL THERE!

I should've made more placeholder posts lmao. Too late for that.
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase
                    Each of the homes are very nice! :) Very nice design of the exteriors!
                    The WIP is looking great! :) Very nice A frame design. The dormers look nice and the greeenery is a nice touch on the exteriorr walls.The flowers, plants and trees in the outdoors areas are very nice! Sims will enjoy resting on the log themed seating enjoying the surroundings.
                    edited July 2017
                    Mostly up to date, finally. Just a handful more to screenie and upload... Prolly gonna need a scrapped or shelved section as well but meh, lazy.

Added a bunch of old WIPs that I'm renovating, as well as a WIP new build. Honestly? I have no time for this, I shouldn't have hours to waste on Sims and yet I am... xwx Tip: delete Sims if you're trying to study, you'll dread having to download some 10, 20gb back and thus have more time to study.
                    rosemow wrote: »
                    Each of the homes are very nice! :) Very nice design of the exteriors!
                    The WIP is looking great! :) Very nice A frame design. The dormers look nice and the greeenery is a nice touch on the exteriorr walls.The flowers, plants and trees in the outdoors areas are very nice! Sims will enjoy resting on the log themed seating enjoying the surroundings.

Thanks lol. Now I gotta worry how I'm gonna do the interiors...
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase
                    edited November 2017
                    Yet another shell and WIP update.
                    fbSTkJS.png
                    JXierXF.png
                    utNvbtT.png
                    wRIOOrm.png

Some random trashed ideas...
                    CfoM8QO.png
                    B7YOn2d.png
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase
                    The new shell looks very nice! :) Very nice design of the home ! The roofing and the roof covered front porch looks very nice.
                    Your Tuder style WIP is looking very nice! The flower box windows and the greenery on the walls looks very nice. The wall textures give a very nice look to the home. Nice gardening nooks on the edges of the home for sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes.
                    edited July 2017
                    rosemow wrote: »
                    The new shell looks very nice! :) Very nice design of the home ! The roofing and the roof covered front porch looks very nice.
                    Your Tuder style WIP is looking very nice! The flower box windows and the greenery on the walls looks very nice. The wall textures give a very nice look to the home. Nice gardening nooks on the edges of the home for sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes.

Thanks. Trying to explore some new styles, but tbh, that one I didn't intend for it to look Tudor style lol. In fact, still not aiming for Tudor, just happened to turn out the way it did. xD;;
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase
                  • fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
                    @reanseih,

As someone who used to run a popular thread on TS3 that definitely offered criticism, which was called Showcasing Your Lots Workshop, I have never had a problem offering critique as that's what the thread was about. I found it surprising for a creator as yourself creating a thread for what you considered your failures. I will say that I don't consider you a failure for what little I have seen on here.

In fact, I'd like to make a comment about the two houses you posted a couple of pictures each under the words, "Yet another shell and WIP update". The first house looks nice though perhaps the trimming is a bit big for it, but then that would have to be consideration to what you would do with it later as far as landscaping and perhaps choice of windows on the top floor.

That second house, well, that is very nice. I love the architectural aspects, the good use of at least three different exterior textures and the nicely done landscaping. If it is currently a WIP I'd like to see the finished product. I am going to see if I can find your Gallery uploads and take a look around. This second house you posted tells me that you're a very talented builder. This is coming from someone who has no problem laying out criticism - hopefully constructive - on any builder, veteran or otherwise.
                    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
                    Update: I think I found your gallery under the same ID name as your forum ID. I'm surprised I find very few lots. You're a talented builder and I don't think you should feel insecure about your abilities. Please let me know by P.M. me when you finish that WIP you have posted a couple of photos of above, the one with the Tudor style. If it doesn't have any CC, I'd love to take a look around it by downloading.
                    edited August 2017
                    @fidlerten thank you for your advice, and kind words! I've only recently got into uploading lots to the gallery, it's always been an offline game for personal use. I'm in the process of renovating those said old lots, to fit a bit more into what would be more usable to the general players. But yea, it's a slow process in between builder blocks and studies... Studies are evil.

That Tudor style one is actually almost finished. I'm actually quite happy with how it's turning out, though I'm not entirely confident whether it's the best use of the potential of the shell. It's sitting in my save to see if I can get just a bit more inspiration to refine the last bits. I'm still debating whether the all wood isn't too boring, though I like the look of it... Should be up in another week. There will not be any CC used. I'll be sure to PM you when I upload it. ^ ^

The brick house I honestly had no idea what I wanted with it. It was more of an experiment, I wanted to try new styles, and new materials. It also made some roofing practice lol. You words inspired me to go back and play with it a lil more! c:
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase
                    @reanseih, I am glad to here my words inspire you, which is always my main goal when commenting to any builder. I do hope you take a moment to look through my own Gallery to see what you think of my work. I'm all over the place as far as style. I do work hard to be an all-around builder but interior design has always been my forte. My Origin ID is the same as my Forum ID, Fidlerten for a quick link to my Gallery.

Just be forewarned that I am telling you the truth when it comes to critiquing. I, nor my help thread would have been worth a handful of salt if I had not always been honest with my critique of the many lots displayed throughout its pages. You can go get compliments anywhere and other simmers and builders will tell you what you want to hear but if you want honest feedback, then you go to someone like me, and any of the many builders throughout the community back in TS3 will tell you, I always say it like I see it. But then, if you do work that is deserving, then you also deserve the praise that comes with it.

Personally, I wish I always had someone to go to that would be honest with me about my work, but unfortunately these days at TS4, there is not much out there for honest critique.

I do hope to hear from you soon and if you don't mind, I will download and take a close look at your work and give you an honest opinion of my thoughts on the lot. I will tell you that after taking a second look at the house that I adore for its architecture and textures, the second one that is, the roofing probably will get scrutinized because roofing always has to be practical as real life and if it's not friendly to rainwater draining properly, then it won't work in reality. Just a little of my honest critique on display here. But then, any builder who shows me their work for critique can either take it or leave it. I take nothing personally. :)
                    @fidlerten I shall go take a look! I already see some I like and will download! Do you have a favourite build?

Personally, I find criticism much more helpful and true to heart than simply compliments, it's the proof someone really took the time to look at your build after all! You can't improve if you refuse to accept different opinions and advice. c: It just so happens it's a lot harder to find and give though lol. There's always the risk and fear that you'll discourage newbies especially, I think that's what stops most people from giving honest reviews.

Oh but, I promise to do my best to give an honest review, and will not take anything you throw at me personally too! c:

On that note, I went and tried changing the roof trim. You were entirely correct! It looks much better with the thinner trim, the windows no longer feel cramped too! Unfortunately the game crashed right after that lmao. Just booted it back up and gonna redo the changes I made while I still remember them...

Rainwater draining has always been something I worried about tbh. I do try to keep things as real as possible when it comes to that but... Sims, it's hard. It's very hard. My fam's been talking about building or renovating for years now, and draining has always been a major focus. We learned the hard way a proper roofing an gutter system were very important. Unfortunately I'm not exactly an expert in roofing, Sims doesn't really make it better. You're right though, if I get the chance I'll have to look up how gutters actually work.
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase
                    edited August 2017
                    Hrm...

It crashed again. I think it just doesn't like me putting a roof there, this is the second time, and the exact same place.

@fidlerten I started loading a few lots, first thing I noticed was the absolutely beautiful custom rug! I've seen it done, I've done it myself, but you take it to another level!

On that note though, this is personal opinion but I found the normal rugs to be placed a bit excessively. That may be just me, but I tend to use and like area rugs as a focal point, and multiples of the same one all over a space or room tends to become distracting.

I seem to find there's a tendency of being very symmetrical, both outside and indoors, and especially the rugs again. I think symmetry can make a lot of things look more, grand, but on a counter side it can be hard to focus on single areas and sections. Which is where rugs can become really handy, since even if you have symmetrical exterior and interior, the rugs now become the focus point, and guides the eye to different sections of a house or room.

Last thing. Paint. Them. Dormers. Please. > >;; You can see the drywall through the window.

I can't say enough how I love your custom rugs in Vernanda Heights though.
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase
                    edited August 2017
                    Thank you @reanseih, I always appreciate when someone gives me a bit of critique.

As far as custom rugs, I created a tutorial on that back in TS3, though now the thing no longer works. It did receive a whole lot of views in its day. I don't always create rugs for every house and sometimes I just create one or perhaps two. Vernanda Heights really is one of my older homes by now. My own critique of it is that I added way too many exterior lights to the exterior walls. As with a lot of builders, the more you build, the better you get.

You might take a look at a couple of my more recent ones, particularly Wyatt Sands and Welaby Grace

Better yet, here is the youtube video slideshow for each of those: Wyatt Sands Movie
                    Welaby Grace Movie

Let me know what you think of them. Welaby Grace isn't even showing in my Gallery, which probably means one of the gurus may be playing around with it. I had to find the link over on my Facebook page where I was promoting it. I don't know about you but this seems to happen sometimes; a lot disappearing from the Gallery that is, even though the link still works. I really don't know what that's about but I assume it's something to do with the gurus. Who knows.

I hope you're having a swell weekend. I'm about to go to bed as I work graveyards but I'll talk later.
                    Post edited by fidlerten on
                    edited August 2017
                    @fidlerten I actually haven't noticed anything missing on my gallery. What I did notice, and this has been ever since I started uploading... is that apparently I have more lots than what I've uploaded. There's 3 invisible uploads, can't find and can't take down. I'm thinking this may be from the time I was trying to get the tray file, and uploaded an old lot a few times, that I immediately took down. This was quite a long while ago, like at least a year ago, so I can never be sure if this was the problem.

I noticed your lot Wyatt Sands just received a Maxis fav! Congratz! I still hold my belief over the use of rugs, but it's only my personal opinion. And honestly, it's my only gripe about this build. Everything else looks fantastic. The balconies and porches / decks especially, those arches at the front balcony really makes the look. I love how you always find a way to sneak in diagonal furnitures, it's something I tend to forget. If there's anything else I'd say could be improved, perhaps try lining the terrain paint path with a bit of sand or dirt? Layering different paints with different strengths in the brush tends to make a good landscape even more realistic.

Also, have you ever noticed the fishing hole in the debug items? It makes a wonderful pond. I wanted to fit one in on my own build, the Tudor one, there's this one perfect corner I'd have loved a pond... Alas it didn't work out, too large. I was almost tempted to move the whole build to a larger lot just to fit in that pond... It's a much more realistic alternative to lining pools and fountains. Downside ofc, is the size. And shape.
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase
                    Thank you @reanseih for the congrats. I was kind of thinking it was going to get Maxis faved because I got two recommends on it from fellow builders.

Believe me, even if I don't always agree on a critique, I appreciate them. I of course always consider what someone says and there have been many times I have learned from it and grown as a builder.

I will say that I did try that once with the two types of paint for the walkway, I believe on Granny Goodgripe's home. I will consider using it more often. The archways on the front porch was not an original idea. After building it and working on the interior for a while, I was looking at some of the other houses in the area of Oasis Springs that I was building it close to. I notices some of them using archways as just decor on the front of the houses and then I thought about the porch. Originally it only had a post to hold up the porch roof and I changed it up and put a wall there instead and then the archways.

Also, when I started on this lot, I built two other structures and when I got to the roofing, I just could not get them to work right. Finally, on the third structure I was able to get everything to jell right. Roofing is important. You can go simple, which is something I've done many times, but a well built, complicated roof that is also practical, can make a house much more beautiful.

On the Official Sims 4 Facebook page, someone was talking about how they missed auto roofs. I was sure to shoot that down and in fact I used Wyatt Sands as an example of the good use of multi-roofs. Of course, it gave me an extra opportunity to show off my house for a little promotion. :smiley:
                    @fidlerten I actually miss auto roof too lol. I'd never rely on it of course, but when you're stuck... it does give a possibility of inspiration. Just to see how someone else, as in AI, would roof it, what possibilities there are. Just for reference.
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase
                    edited August 2017
                    Shh. The lateness is definitely not because of laziness. Mhm. ...Sorry. New lot, few updates.

Faelique Manoir
                    Bed 5 Bath 2 Half 1
                    ypUytL2.png
                    Ba82MdT.png
                    PtEBYSV.png

And update to that random brick house shell.
                    dTaTd4V.png

Should I turn that room on first floor into a kitchen or a guest room...?
                    7C5QXsn.png
                    6cRhB8P.png
                    3QWGWjq.png

Renovating yet another old build. Shame that it sucks too much as usual I had to completely gut the house, hopefully I can reuse the room arrangements somewhere.
                    Nezzssm.png
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase
                    The updates look great! :) Very nice exterior design of the latest build that you are renovating. You could perhaps turn the room in the third build into a guest room, then have an open plan kitchen and dining area. The first two homes are very pretty! The flowers, plants and flower box windows look so very nice! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of Faelique Manoir ! :)
                  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
                    I like that your showcase is still named "Failure Showcase" as that does not at all reflect what I see here.. haha!

Your WIP's look really nice, they look be shaping into some great homes! I particularly like your more traditional style shells, like those you most recently posted. They look great!

Roofing.. argh. My nemesis. I try and do that first as I am just terrified of it :p I still make plenty of mistakes, and I see them myself too. hehe. But with every house I learn something. In my showcase I have displayed every house I have built, and it's almost painful to look at those very early ones. But when I do look through, and up to my latest, I can see that I have grown heaps, and although some of the houses look terrible I am pretty proud of myself for at least showing improvement! :wink:

I might even turn into a decent builder one day :open_mouth:

You are doing great so far, and I'm for sure interested in seeing the finished results :)
                    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
                    My Sims 4 Showcase
                    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
                    @rosemow thank you. I've been working on improving my landscaping, after having it pointed out that my slacking off on it was way too obvious lmao.

@Laebeth I remember the days when back in TS3, when I finished the whole house, and still couldn't figure out how to roof it... Yup, had it drilled in me the hard way, you don't make a roof work with your build, but make the build work with your roof... Btw, that TS3 build is still unfinished and without a roof lmao. Ugh.

Thank you for the encouraging words. :)
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase
                    The new modern at the bottom of your photos is some nice architecture, though I'd like to see you apply an extra texture to it somehow, or at least another color or tint. Nice work.
                    @fidlerten yea I prolly will as the build takes shape. For now it's just a really early WIP. Think of that grey as a primer paint coat lol.
                    The Sims 4 Gallery
                    The Sims 4 Showcase