The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JETSET SEASON 3 ***SIGN UPS ARE OPEN***CRUISE TOUR IS UP NOW***

Comments

• HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm debating on making entirely new sims or sticking with some twins I know... do you wanna email about this Vul and we can discuss ideas :3

Also, I'm worrying about my time right now. University is getting busy and I'm worried I might be a burden. I wanna play cause I loved last season, but I'm worried about my lack of time. I think this may be one of the last shows I join (not for good, but to begin minimising how many I'm in)
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    @M13Vulpecula

I have'nt got TS2 installed, So i cant make my sims. :'(

Will that be a problem?

Nope. :3
    You can give me a picture and/or description of their appearance, so I can use that as a guideline to create them in my own game. :)

Thanks Vul, I'm just finishing my app now, I'll send it in a bit. :)
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,718 Member
    Turner wrote: »
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    *barks at the new thread out of excitement*

Wurf Wurf!! Finally! :p

I'm technically still on vacation but I've got internet so yay! :D

Ooh, I almost forgot it's sims 2. No wonder why I couldn't find it in sims 3 stories & legacies page :o

Same. :lol: I was totally trying to find it under the sims 3 section.

Excited to see who gets to play and all the sets of twins!

Is this the first Sims 2 interactive reality show? Or were there already back in a long gone past? Might want to ask Jps about it..
    Banner.png
    I have almost no idea for one sim, not to mention we have to submit two sims that are somewhat identical in appearance. But I can already imagine how working with twenty sims is going to be haha :p Lucky me, I only got six to work with at the moment :3

In contrary to AYTO though, the numbers WILL be dwindling down through the season >:) So it'll be a crowd at first, but eventually we'll reach a final 3. ;)

Don't feel too rushed to come up with Sim ideas though. ;)
    Banner.png
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    I'm debating on making entirely new sims or sticking with some twins I know... do you wanna email about this Vul and we can discuss ideas :3

Also, I'm worrying about my time right now. University is getting busy and I'm worried I might be a burden. I wanna play cause I loved last season, but I'm worried about my lack of time. I think this may be one of the last shows I join (not for good, but to begin minimising how many I'm in)

I'll shoot you a mail soon. :)
    Banner.png
    @M13Vulpecula

I have'nt got TS2 installed, So i cant make my sims. :'(

Will that be a problem?

Nope. :3
    You can give me a picture and/or description of their appearance, so I can use that as a guideline to create them in my own game. :)

Thanks Vul, I'm just finishing my app now, I'll send it in a bit. :)

Yay, I got them and I like them already. :)
    Banner.png
    The reservation list is from the Season 2 thread. If the players on it do not post on the thread during the next 72 hours, then I consider them to have lost interest and I'll remove them. They can still re-reserve though after that (for example, if they are currently on vacation and have no internet).

@YJB19299 @ChocoCub @Tigerblu11 @lovesstorms @CeltyGirly @x_MG_x @ninjakid150 @Alleenmens @twiddle3 @Penguinwa101 @HayloHusky

@YJB19299 @Tigerblu11 @lovesstorms @ninjakid150 @Alleenmens

More than 72 hours have passed, and I haven't seen a post here from these people yet. So for now I'll remove them from the reservation list, but they can rereserve again with just one post.
    Banner.png
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited August 2017

Is this the first Sims 2 interactive reality show? .

Present in our community? Yes, I believe so, I haven't seen a single one since I joined the forums 7/8 years ago. :p Of course, I'm sure there were some in the Sims 2 website forums, but since the Sims 3 site went live, I doubt there's been any, ESPECIALLY interactive. Interactive is still a newer concept, in the beginning of Sims 3 it was all just "My own sims" which evolutionized to "You can send your own but I control everything" to what we have today. :blush:
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    The irony of season 3 being filmed in Sims 2 :lol:

Just read the house tour, that was fun! Especially Odessa's "SWOOSH!" and:
    Odessa: "Girls just wanna have fun, don't they?" :p

The Jetsetterette looks surprisingly similar to the original Jetsetter, but obviously quite a bit different in certain areas; I really like the sauna and hot tub area, that seems so relaxing. :relieved:

It's a shame I missed the entirety of The Sims 2 as a kid, I only played TS1 when I was like 5 years old and it wasn't until I was.... 12 or so that I got TS3. So it's interesting to see all the content you have in your game. Do you have a lot of CC or nawh?

At first I thought it said "Garlic Room" :joy:

Remind me how the twins split up, Vul? I remember you saying at a certain point the lesser-liked or worst-performing twin of each pair is eliminated at once?
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    The reservation list is from the Season 2 thread. If the players on it do not post on the thread during the next 72 hours, then I consider them to have lost interest and I'll remove them. They can still re-reserve though after that (for example, if they are currently on vacation and have no internet).

@YJB19299 @ChocoCub @Tigerblu11 @lovesstorms @CeltyGirly @x_MG_x @ninjakid150 @Alleenmens @twiddle3 @Penguinwa101 @HayloHusky

@YJB19299 @Tigerblu11 @lovesstorms @ninjakid150 @Alleenmens

More than 72 hours have passed, and I haven't seen a post here from these people yet. So for now I'll remove them from the reservation list, but they can rereserve again with just one post.

I still want, sorry for not posting :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    I'm actually thinking of applying with new sims instead of the two I intended to send :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    I'm actually thinking of applying with new sims instead of the two I intended to send :)

I've put you under undecided for now. :)
    Banner.png

Is this the first Sims 2 interactive reality show? .

Present in our community? Yes, I believe so, I haven't seen a single one since I joined the forums 7/8 years ago. :p Of course, I'm sure there were some in the Sims 2 website forums, but since the Sims 3 site went live, I doubt there's been any, ESPECIALLY interactive. Interactive is still a newer concept, in the beginning of Sims 3 it was all just "My own sims" which evolutionized to "You can send your own but I control everything" to what we have today. :blush:

Interesting to read about that evolution. You know what, if I can find myself with some extra spare time I should go and read some "ancient" shows. See the difference.
    Banner.png
    The irony of season 3 being filmed in Sims 2 :lol:

Just read the house tour, that was fun! Especially Odessa's "SWOOSH!" and:
    Odessa: "Girls just wanna have fun, don't they?" :p

The Jetsetterette looks surprisingly similar to the original Jetsetter, but obviously quite a bit different in certain areas; I really like the sauna and hot tub area, that seems so relaxing. :relieved:

It's a shame I missed the entirety of The Sims 2 as a kid, I only played TS1 when I was like 5 years old and it wasn't until I was.... 12 or so that I got TS3. So it's interesting to see all the content you have in your game. Do you have a lot of CC or nawh?

At first I thought it said "Garlic Room" :joy:

Remind me how the twins split up, Vul? I remember you saying at a certain point the lesser-liked or worst-performing twin of each pair is eliminated at once?

S2 in S3, S3 in S2. It's just the good old switcheroo! ;)

The sliding of the stairs was improvised. I just clicked the stairs to tell Odessa to go up, but instead I got the slide down option :sunglasses: I've seen NPC's do it, but not that I could tell my own sims to. :) Though it might be that I made Odessa very playful.

Aaah, the Roman Spa. :) I miss the tropical spa from previous season, but I like the look and the historic nod of the new one as well. ;) Every design's got their own pros.
    Same can be said about the Jetsetterette as a whole. A mixture of goldie oldies and new twists. :)

Shame that you missed 2 though, it's the best Sims game of them all in my opinion. Easy to dive in, keeping Sims happy is a strategic challenge without it getting too hard, and Sims are shaped by their past experiences, plus it's so easy to play out in bigger storylines because rotational play is easy to do without struggles. *cough cough* Sims 3 *cough*
    I got the Ultimate Collection installed, so I got ALL expansions, so it's all non-cc content you see. Although I couldn't resist a few CC pieces in my game: a limousine car, and a waterfall a Sim can shower in... oh, and a useful painting with which I can easily change supernatural types. :)

Haha, maybe I should make one. ;) Keeps vampires at bay.>:)

More info on such twists will come later... :o
    Banner.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I agree that the sims 2 is the most detailed game of all series. I don't know about you guys but I have always loved the additional animation of sims getting in the car and pull back the vehicle from the parking lot on to the road or the animation when a sim making food pulls open a drawer from the kitchen counter and take out a spoon before mixing (in contrast to sims 3's pulling out a wooden spoon from mid-air). I don't really understand much about the correlation between personality points and astrological signs though :b

But the gameplay is hard (on the contrary, sims 4 has the easiest). I think it's so hard to fulfil your sim's wants and sometimes their biggest fears get in way and drags the 'happiness metre' or something similar down so much and puts them in a horrible mood >.> They also have that environment and comfort needs that makes your game more challenging.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    I agree that the sims 2 is the most detailed game of all series. I don't know about you guys but I have always loved the additional animation of sims getting in the car and pull back the vehicle from the parking lot on to the road or the animation when a sim making food pulls open a drawer from the kitchen counter and take out a spoon before mixing (in contrast to sims 3's pulling out a wooden spoon from mid-air). I don't really understand much about the correlation between personality points and astrological signs though :b

But the gameplay is hard (on the contrary, sims 4 has the easiest). I think it's so hard to fulfil your sim's wants and sometimes their biggest fears get in way and drags the 'happiness metre' or something similar down so much and puts them in a horrible mood >.> They also have that environment and comfort needs that makes your game more challenging.

Yeeeaaaahh, them details XD And I love how easy it is to do rotational play without the non-played households living on and having time pass as well.
    Banner.png
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,715 Member
    Yeah, I also miss the vehicle movement and when they cook they actually put the food on the table for each sim that is around.. The only thing that I like of 3 is because of the openness....
    I actually made a movie in s2...
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Yeah, I also miss the vehicle movement and when they cook they actually put the food on the table for each sim that is around.. The only thing that I like of 3 is because of the openness....
    I actually made a movie in s2...
    It was about a girl who changed into a cat right? I think I've once stumbled upon it. :)
    Banner.png
    Yeah... But I took it off because of the music....
    The girl was a cat by night and the boy was a parrot by day... The girl's mom want to keep them apart and got someone to put a spell on them...
    Yeah... But I took it off because of the music....

Aww. :c

I once had an idea for a Sims 2 series as well, playing in Veronaville. I got a few episodes finished, but never had the nerve to put them online. :c That was years ago though.
    Banner.png
    I wrote the story years ago and then made a movie about it...
    I wrote the story years ago and then made a movie about it...

That's how I worked with my series too. The plot: the drama in Veronaville from the point where the premades start, I threw in my own sims family from S3 at the time to have more neutral parties besides the Summerdreams, and I went on from there. It was quite heavy though, I remember Mercutio becoming suicidal, only to be saved by Hermia, Regan and Cornwall being unable to have children of their own, and Goneril Capp being kidnapped and eventually killed. :o
    Banner.png
    Note: just added "Make a Sims 2 film series" to my bucket list again. And my BL is filled to the brim already DX
    Banner.png
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    I'll be submitting a male male, I'll need you to make my sims Vul :3 I think I have my ideas