November 15 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!
November 12 - Everyone ready for November Maxis Monthly? Details here

I feel like sims 3 went in a different art direction then the other sims games

Comments

  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 702 Member
    I think the sims 3 goes in the same line like sims 1+2, but it's the most evolved.
    the sims 4 just took a turn to a completly other direction (for better or worse, it's a matter of taste)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 5,666 Member
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    I think Sims 1 should definitely be left out of this because it was released in the year 2000 and the graphics back then were so unadvanced people couldnt really do much 'art style' to begin with. In TS2 you can see a little bit art style but we're still looking at graphics more than 10 years old so especially those of us who are young and never really played games back in those years it's hard to understand the limits game developers had back then. You can see how simplistic Sims 4 went on purpose, this time CLEARLY an art style choice and not limitation when you put sims 1 and sims 4 next to each other and then for example Tomb Raider chronicles and the Tomb Raider from 2013. Or even putting sims 3 and sims 4 next to each other and then Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age inquisition. also Final Fantasy X vs. Final Fantasy XIII: ligtning returns. You can really see what they could have done but chose to not do.

    Tomb raider chronicles (2000) vs. Tomb Raider (2013)
    Tomb_Raider_Chronicles_-_La_leggenda_di_Lara_Croft.png

    maxresdefault.jpg

    Dragon Age Origins (2009) vs Dragon Age Inquisition (2014):
    Good+guy+dragon+age+origins+not+making+female+characters+which+_a344600a3e4e5b4507a734b10a9497ad.png

    asdasd.jpg

    Final Fantasy X (2001) vs. Final Fantasy XIII lightning returns (2013):

    Final-Fantasy-X-HD-comparison.png
    (A pic of the 2001 version vs. The HD remaster)

    LIGHTNING-RETURNS-FINAL-FANTASY-XIII-5-1.jpg

    These are all games that continued in the same artstyle but advanced their graphics with the years. You really can't say sims 1, 2 or 3 look like sims 4 in art style when you see what could've happened instead in the same year as when sims 4 was released.

    Sims 4 kind of looks like the HD remaster of FFX and they basically could already do those graphics back in 2001 just slightly more pixelated. It makes you want to cry.

    (Sorry had to edit a few times because im doing this on my phone and keep messing up the pictures)

    a lot of the pics your using are nice but they look like there from cut scenes also the sims games have never gone for that level of realism
    when I see stuff like that and I see people saying they could do this for the sims it just kind of reminds me of the second life game not the sims
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 9,643 Member
    Actually I don't mind any of the sims art, I have played them all and the artwork I did not mind. the artwork in sims 4 does remind me more of the Bugs Bunny style, but I don't mind it. That is not the reason I play sims 3 now instead of sims 4, has nothing to do with the art work, There are many other things that bother me. So I am playing Sims 3 right now because I love it. I will say though there are some things in sims 4, that I liked and wish were in sims 3. I just seem to have more fun in sims 3. I think it is because I can change worlds to my liking.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,919 Member
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    I think Sims 1 should definitely be left out of this because it was released in the year 2000 and the graphics back then were so unadvanced people couldnt really do much 'art style' to begin with. In TS2 you can see a little bit art style but we're still looking at graphics more than 10 years old so especially those of us who are young and never really played games back in those years it's hard to understand the limits game developers had back then. You can see how simplistic Sims 4 went on purpose, this time CLEARLY an art style choice and not limitation when you put sims 1 and sims 4 next to each other and then for example Tomb Raider chronicles and the Tomb Raider from 2013. Or even putting sims 3 and sims 4 next to each other and then Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age inquisition. also Final Fantasy X vs. Final Fantasy XIII: ligtning returns. You can really see what they could have done but chose to not do.

    Tomb raider chronicles (2000) vs. Tomb Raider (2013)
    Tomb_Raider_Chronicles_-_La_leggenda_di_Lara_Croft.png

    maxresdefault.jpg

    Dragon Age Origins (2009) vs Dragon Age Inquisition (2014):
    Good+guy+dragon+age+origins+not+making+female+characters+which+_a344600a3e4e5b4507a734b10a9497ad.png

    asdasd.jpg

    Final Fantasy X (2001) vs. Final Fantasy XIII lightning returns (2013):

    Final-Fantasy-X-HD-comparison.png
    (A pic of the 2001 version vs. The HD remaster)

    LIGHTNING-RETURNS-FINAL-FANTASY-XIII-5-1.jpg

    These are all games that continued in the same artstyle but advanced their graphics with the years. You really can't say sims 1, 2 or 3 look like sims 4 in art style when you see what could've happened instead in the same year as when sims 4 was released.

    Sims 4 kind of looks like the HD remaster of FFX and they basically could already do those graphics back in 2001 just slightly more pixelated. It makes you want to cry.

    (Sorry had to edit a few times because im doing this on my phone and keep messing up the pictures)

    a lot of the pics your using are nice but they look like there from cut scenes also the sims games have never gone for that level of realism
    when I see stuff like that and I see people saying they could do this for the sims it just kind of reminds me of the second life game not the sims

    I don't think @Nayma29 was talking about the realism of those games, but rather trying to show that each of those games graphically wise was an advancement in technology, but still keeping the same art style. It's showing progression over the years of the same games, which I think is a good point to make.

    I agree that TS4 is the odd one out. It seems like it took a complete U-turn and made up an entirely new art style.

  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 5,666 Member
    edited August 2017
    aricarai wrote: »
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    I think Sims 1 should definitely be left out of this because it was released in the year 2000 and the graphics back then were so unadvanced people couldnt really do much 'art style' to begin with. In TS2 you can see a little bit art style but we're still looking at graphics more than 10 years old so especially those of us who are young and never really played games back in those years it's hard to understand the limits game developers had back then. You can see how simplistic Sims 4 went on purpose, this time CLEARLY an art style choice and not limitation when you put sims 1 and sims 4 next to each other and then for example Tomb Raider chronicles and the Tomb Raider from 2013. Or even putting sims 3 and sims 4 next to each other and then Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age inquisition. also Final Fantasy X vs. Final Fantasy XIII: ligtning returns. You can really see what they could have done but chose to not do.

    Tomb raider chronicles (2000) vs. Tomb Raider (2013)
    Tomb_Raider_Chronicles_-_La_leggenda_di_Lara_Croft.png

    maxresdefault.jpg

    Dragon Age Origins (2009) vs Dragon Age Inquisition (2014):
    Good+guy+dragon+age+origins+not+making+female+characters+which+_a344600a3e4e5b4507a734b10a9497ad.png

    asdasd.jpg

    Final Fantasy X (2001) vs. Final Fantasy XIII lightning returns (2013):

    Final-Fantasy-X-HD-comparison.png
    (A pic of the 2001 version vs. The HD remaster)

    LIGHTNING-RETURNS-FINAL-FANTASY-XIII-5-1.jpg

    These are all games that continued in the same artstyle but advanced their graphics with the years. You really can't say sims 1, 2 or 3 look like sims 4 in art style when you see what could've happened instead in the same year as when sims 4 was released.

    Sims 4 kind of looks like the HD remaster of FFX and they basically could already do those graphics back in 2001 just slightly more pixelated. It makes you want to cry.

    (Sorry had to edit a few times because im doing this on my phone and keep messing up the pictures)

    a lot of the pics your using are nice but they look like there from cut scenes also the sims games have never gone for that level of realism
    when I see stuff like that and I see people saying they could do this for the sims it just kind of reminds me of the second life game not the sims

    I don't think @Nayma29 was talking about the realism of those games, but rather trying to show that each of those games graphically wise was an advancement in technology, but still keeping the same art style. It's showing progression over the years of the same games, which I think is a good point to make.

    I agree that TS4 is the odd one out. It seems like it took a complete U-turn and made up an entirely new art style.

    no don't think so I still think 2 looks a lot like 4 the hair isn't the same but the face's are a lot a like the hair in 3 is a lot like it is in 2 but the faces are a lot different I think the bodies in sims 3 were drawn a lot like in sims 1 but smoother and more refined
    I think the sims 2 bodies and faces along with the sims 4 are more stretchy and bouncy like a cartoon
    I don't feel like comparing graphics from cut scenes is fair because a lot of times the graphics from cut scenes are a lot better then the ones you get when your playing the game
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,603 Member
    edited August 2017
    aricarai wrote: »
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    I think Sims 1 should definitely be left out of this because it was released in the year 2000 and the graphics back then were so unadvanced people couldnt really do much 'art style' to begin with. In TS2 you can see a little bit art style but we're still looking at graphics more than 10 years old so especially those of us who are young and never really played games back in those years it's hard to understand the limits game developers had back then. You can see how simplistic Sims 4 went on purpose, this time CLEARLY an art style choice and not limitation when you put sims 1 and sims 4 next to each other and then for example Tomb Raider chronicles and the Tomb Raider from 2013. Or even putting sims 3 and sims 4 next to each other and then Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age inquisition. also Final Fantasy X vs. Final Fantasy XIII: ligtning returns. You can really see what they could have done but chose to not do.

    Tomb raider chronicles (2000) vs. Tomb Raider (2013)
    Tomb_Raider_Chronicles_-_La_leggenda_di_Lara_Croft.png

    maxresdefault.jpg

    Dragon Age Origins (2009) vs Dragon Age Inquisition (2014):
    Good+guy+dragon+age+origins+not+making+female+characters+which+_a344600a3e4e5b4507a734b10a9497ad.png

    asdasd.jpg

    Final Fantasy X (2001) vs. Final Fantasy XIII lightning returns (2013):

    Final-Fantasy-X-HD-comparison.png
    (A pic of the 2001 version vs. The HD remaster)

    LIGHTNING-RETURNS-FINAL-FANTASY-XIII-5-1.jpg

    These are all games that continued in the same artstyle but advanced their graphics with the years. You really can't say sims 1, 2 or 3 look like sims 4 in art style when you see what could've happened instead in the same year as when sims 4 was released.

    Sims 4 kind of looks like the HD remaster of FFX and they basically could already do those graphics back in 2001 just slightly more pixelated. It makes you want to cry.

    (Sorry had to edit a few times because im doing this on my phone and keep messing up the pictures)

    a lot of the pics your using are nice but they look like there from cut scenes also the sims games have never gone for that level of realism
    when I see stuff like that and I see people saying they could do this for the sims it just kind of reminds me of the second life game not the sims

    I don't think @Nayma29 was talking about the realism of those games, but rather trying to show that each of those games graphically wise was an advancement in technology, but still keeping the same art style. It's showing progression over the years of the same games, which I think is a good point to make.

    I agree that TS4 is the odd one out. It seems like it took a complete U-turn and made up an entirely new art style.

    no don't think so I still think 2 looks a lot like 4 the hair isn't the same but the face's are a lot a like the hair in 3 is a lot like it is in 2 but the faces are a lot different I think the bodies in sims 3 were drawn a lot like in sims 1 but smoother and more refined
    I think the sims 2 bodies and faces along with the sims 4 are more stretchy and bouncy like a cartoon
    I don't feel like comparing graphics from cut scenes is fair because a lot of times the graphics from cut scenes are a lot better then the ones you get when your playing the game
    Sims in 2 actually move realistic and a bit stiff, just like in Sims 3. The only difference is that they added more humour and quirkiness to some interactions, but always in a realistic way. And like I said, it often reminds me of Sims 3, like in this video.



    Compare that to this:



    Or this:



    Every sense of realism is gone there. From the constant giggling to the idle staring in between. And they went from detail (you actually see the sim in 2 preparing that meal) to short cuts (Sims 3) to short cut galore and some juggling in Sims 4. Comparing that to Sims 2 simply is an insult to the 2004 game.


  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    I feel like even though 1 was the oldest, I didn't get any cartoony-type vibes from it. I do from 2 and 4 though. 3 I felt was aiming for much more realism than the others.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 23,666 Member
    The Sims 3 looks the most sophisticated
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    edited August 2017
    @comicsforlife For your information btw except for the two final fantasy pictures the pics I posted aren't from cutscenes. Not even the Tomb Raider one. I know because I actually played all the games I listed. Even then those FF pics are from 'in-game' cutscenes, meaning those are filmed in the actual game and not made with cgi like some FF cutscenes are (when they are you see fluent hair and everything). The fact that you think so only shows how amazing graphics could already be back in 2014. Dragon Age Inquisition is even from EA as well. Man it's a far away dream that our sims worlds will ever look like The Hinterlands from Inquisition, with houses as detailed as the palace in Orlay. And that while you can download sims 2 hair as CC for DA Origins (which shows how similair DA was to the older sims games when it came to art style of the characters).
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 5,666 Member
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    @comicsforlife For your information btw except for the two final fantasy pictures the pics I posted aren't from cutscenes. Not even the Tomb Raider one. I know because I actually played all the games I listed. Even then those FF pics are from 'in-game' cutscenes, meaning those are filmed in the actual game and not made with cgi like some FF cutscenes are (when they are you see fluent hair and everything). The fact that you think so only shows how amazing graphics could already be back in 2014. Dragon Age Inquisition is even from EA as well. Man it's a far away dream that our sims worlds will ever look like The Hinterlands from Inquisition, with houses as detailed as the palace in Orlay. And that while you can download sims 2 hair as CC for DA Origins (which shows how similair DA was to the older sims games when it came to art style of the characters).

    I think some of it's not cut scenes, but I think one of the pics from Tomb Raider 2013 is because Lara Croft is looking out at something
    something that you would probably need to see if you were playing the game
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,838 Member
    Sims4 was the first sims iteration that was actually going for stylized look. I think the first three were trying to be as realistic as technology would allow. I will be very interested to see what they decide to go with if there is a sims 5.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,603 Member
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    @comicsforlife For your information btw except for the two final fantasy pictures the pics I posted aren't from cutscenes. Not even the Tomb Raider one. I know because I actually played all the games I listed. Even then those FF pics are from 'in-game' cutscenes, meaning those are filmed in the actual game and not made with cgi like some FF cutscenes are (when they are you see fluent hair and everything). The fact that you think so only shows how amazing graphics could already be back in 2014. Dragon Age Inquisition is even from EA as well. Man it's a far away dream that our sims worlds will ever look like The Hinterlands from Inquisition, with houses as detailed as the palace in Orlay. And that while you can download sims 2 hair as CC for DA Origins (which shows how similair DA was to the older sims games when it came to art style of the characters).

    I think some of it's not cut scenes, but I think one of the pics from Tomb Raider 2013 is because Lara Croft is looking out at something
    something that you would probably need to see if you were playing the game
    I'm only familiar with cutscenes in Sims 2 and I don't think they have different graphics or art style than when playing the game? Is that different in the other games?
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,142 Member
    I remember when The Sims 2 came out, I was blown away by how realistic I thought the graphics were. Of course I don't I feel that way now, but at the time, the graphics were very state-of-the-art / comparable to other games from that era, and were a huge update over the look of the previous game. I can say the same about The Sims 3 when that came out -- it took The Sims 2's look and modernized it based on how much better graphics had become by the end of that decade.

    I just loved that whole era from the late '90s throughout the '00s when 3-D graphics just kept improving year after year, and all the franchises that I loved would have to up their game with every release. Nowadays, I don't feel like graphics are improving at the rate that they used to, and a lot more games are opting for a timeless stylized look for longevity's sake rather than trying to push the limits at all. It's sad that the Sims franchise has gone that route because, more than some other games, I feel like The Sims benefits from looking decently real (considering it is sort of a game about controlling reality).

    Anyway, I do enjoy The Sims 4 for what it is, but I also definitely feel like the series has lost that innovative spirit that made the other games feel new, exciting, and worthy of accolades.
    NKmucY6.jpg
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    @comicsforlife For your information btw except for the two final fantasy pictures the pics I posted aren't from cutscenes. Not even the Tomb Raider one. I know because I actually played all the games I listed. Even then those FF pics are from 'in-game' cutscenes, meaning those are filmed in the actual game and not made with cgi like some FF cutscenes are (when they are you see fluent hair and everything). The fact that you think so only shows how amazing graphics could already be back in 2014. Dragon Age Inquisition is even from EA as well. Man it's a far away dream that our sims worlds will ever look like The Hinterlands from Inquisition, with houses as detailed as the palace in Orlay. And that while you can download sims 2 hair as CC for DA Origins (which shows how similair DA was to the older sims games when it came to art style of the characters).

    I think some of it's not cut scenes, but I think one of the pics from Tomb Raider 2013 is because Lara Croft is looking out at something
    something that you would probably need to see if you were playing the game

    Whatever you want to believe. If you want to believe that Tomb Raider 2013 doesnt truly have these kind of graphics, nobody cares. This is not a place to go into discussion about tomb raider. Sims 4 people are as blind to good graphics as ever it seems.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 5,666 Member
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    @comicsforlife For your information btw except for the two final fantasy pictures the pics I posted aren't from cutscenes. Not even the Tomb Raider one. I know because I actually played all the games I listed. Even then those FF pics are from 'in-game' cutscenes, meaning those are filmed in the actual game and not made with cgi like some FF cutscenes are (when they are you see fluent hair and everything). The fact that you think so only shows how amazing graphics could already be back in 2014. Dragon Age Inquisition is even from EA as well. Man it's a far away dream that our sims worlds will ever look like The Hinterlands from Inquisition, with houses as detailed as the palace in Orlay. And that while you can download sims 2 hair as CC for DA Origins (which shows how similair DA was to the older sims games when it came to art style of the characters).

    Morrigan as Morrigan Hemlock from Late Night (a 2010 expansion to a 2009 game)
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Morrigan as her Dragon Age Origins self (also from 2009)
    maxresdefault.jpg

    the dragon age pic looks nice the sims 3 pic looks kind of cartoon like when compared to it but it's still not as cartoon like as sims 2 or 4
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    edited August 2017
    @JoAnne65 your example is perfect. Thanks for that. That sims 4 sim looks ridiculous like she's a streetartist performing a show. Love the sims 2 video where they grab stuff from the cabinet etc. I really dont see how people can compare sims 2 to sims 4 even after watching those videos... the only thing sims 2 and 4 have in common is loading screens.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 5,666 Member
    edited August 2017
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    @comicsforlife For your information btw except for the two final fantasy pictures the pics I posted aren't from cutscenes. Not even the Tomb Raider one. I know because I actually played all the games I listed. Even then those FF pics are from 'in-game' cutscenes, meaning those are filmed in the actual game and not made with cgi like some FF cutscenes are (when they are you see fluent hair and everything). The fact that you think so only shows how amazing graphics could already be back in 2014. Dragon Age Inquisition is even from EA as well. Man it's a far away dream that our sims worlds will ever look like The Hinterlands from Inquisition, with houses as detailed as the palace in Orlay. And that while you can download sims 2 hair as CC for DA Origins (which shows how similair DA was to the older sims games when it came to art style of the characters).

    I think some of it's not cut scenes, but I think one of the pics from Tomb Raider 2013 is because Lara Croft is looking out at something
    something that you would probably need to see if you were playing the game

    Whatever you want to believe. If you want to believe that Tomb Raider 2013 doesnt truly have these kind of graphics, nobody cares. This is not a place to go into discussion about tomb raider. Sims 4 people are as blind to good graphics as ever it seems.

    so in the game when your playing as Lara Croft she looks into the sky with that look of fear the whole time ? that would really get on my nerves @Namaya92
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 5,666 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    TS4 went over the top goofy- not TS, TS2, TS3 goofy, Over the TOp of the others. It's the one that doesn't fit -no matter how they keep this in the wrong section.

    when compared to dragon age sim 3 looks cartoon like plane and simple I mean if someone asked you which one looks more like a real person which would you say dragon age or sim 3 I would say dragon age
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    edited August 2017
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    @comicsforlife For your information btw except for the two final fantasy pictures the pics I posted aren't from cutscenes. Not even the Tomb Raider one. I know because I actually played all the games I listed. Even then those FF pics are from 'in-game' cutscenes, meaning those are filmed in the actual game and not made with cgi like some FF cutscenes are (when they are you see fluent hair and everything). The fact that you think so only shows how amazing graphics could already be back in 2014. Dragon Age Inquisition is even from EA as well. Man it's a far away dream that our sims worlds will ever look like The Hinterlands from Inquisition, with houses as detailed as the palace in Orlay. And that while you can download sims 2 hair as CC for DA Origins (which shows how similair DA was to the older sims games when it came to art style of the characters).

    I think some of it's not cut scenes, but I think one of the pics from Tomb Raider 2013 is because Lara Croft is looking out at something
    something that you would probably need to see if you were playing the game

    Whatever you want to believe. If you want to believe that Tomb Raider 2013 doesnt truly have these kind of graphics, nobody cares. This is not a place to go into discussion about tomb raider. Sims 4 people are as blind to good graphics as ever it seems.

    so in the game when your playing as Lara Croft she looks into the sky with that look of fear the whole time ? that would really get on my nerves
    sorry if hurt your feeling I didn't mean to @Namaya92

    No of course you don't look like that the whole time. But in the new Tomb Raider you have a lot of quick time events where they play a scene (in-game) and you have to press certain buttons. also sometimes when you have to climb really high stuff they will give you a view like that for atmosphere. But it's not like you get a black cut inbetween and go back to more ugly graphics afterwards. It's all fluent and the entire game looks like that. I'll show you a cutscene from Tomb Raider at the beginning where they do enhance the graphics and then you can compare it to what I showed you.



    Now that's a cinematic cutscene. These are the things you mean when you talk about cutscenes, right? Here's one from Final Fantasy as well:



    Those are cutscenes. I definitely did not give you pictures from those scenes because I know the graphics are enhanced a lot in those :).

    Now this gameplay video of Tomb Raider 2013 includes a cutscene that was filmed in the game itself (at 2:00). You can see the difference with the first cutscene I showed you. That's because in this one, they haven't enhanced the graphics. Lara really looks like that if you take some time to zoom in on her. The best way to notice the difference is to look at her hair btw.



    Now here's also a video from Final Fantasy showing all of Lightning victory poses but it shows really well what she looks like in game outside of cutscenes:



    I'm personally just sad that sims didn't take this direction with Sims 4. They could've made so many amazing worlds with the possibilities back then. If they continued their art style, it would've ended up something like that (probably more like the final fantasy one than the tomb raider one). You can't say Sims 2 and Sims 4 have similar artstyles. Maybe if you look at it now and don't take the technological possibilities into consideration, but Sims 2 was really as realistic as it could get back then.

    One more video. Look at the Hinterlands from DA Inquisition:


    (starting at 2:30).
    It's literally a dream to have my sims environments look like that T-T. The Hinterlands is a huge map btw, way bigger than any sims 3 world out there. There are also a lot of people walking around there, fighting at random when they meet each other etc. Sure DA Inquisition was a demanding game because it was badly optimized, but even if Sims 4 had half as good graphics as this it'd look so much better than what they went for now...

  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 5,666 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm personally just sad that sims didn't take this direction with Sims 4. They could've made so many amazing worlds with the possibilities back then. If they continued their art style, it would've ended up something like that (probably more like the final fantasy one than the tomb raider one). You can't say Sims 2 and Sims 4 have similar artstyles. Maybe if you look at it now and don't take the technological possibilities into consideration, but Sims 2 was really as realistic as it could get back then. @Namaya92 I really liked the art work in the videos yes it would be nice if sims worlds could look like that but as for saying that sims 2 and sims 4 have a similar art styles even if your right and it was the best they could do at the time isn't it possible that they liked sims 2 so much they wanted sims 4 to look similar to it
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top