Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you allow your sims to have Unnatural hair/eye/skin colors?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I figure that if my real life hair can be black with pink and violet highlights, my sims can have odd colored hair also. :)
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    I normally use natural hair colors; But occasionally I have a sim with a wild personality and I get a little creative and say they dyed their hair. I just had a sim age up into a teenager. She has the insane trait so it fit her to have a strange hair color. Once she ages into an adult, I figured she'd mature a little bit and change her hair back to its natural state. It's fun to change it up once in a while :smile:
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited February 2017
    My game is all about occult, weird, or odd sims so there is usually tons of unnatural eye, hair, and skin colors. Not a huge issue for me. I have a family that has lots of violet eyes within the family, which most people don't realize is a natural occurring eye color just rare. Odd colors aren't always unnatural, but can sometimes be really rare. Same with having really dark eyes like nearly black. They exist, but aren't as common.
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I like giving my Sims unique features so depending on my mood, and their personalities, I give them whatever hair/eye color suits them. I find it more fun to have lots of different characters, though I don't make any other Sims other than ones I play, so I let townies spawn with what they like. The only thing I generally change on them, if they come into the household, are their clothes cuz most of the time they look so bad XD especially their other outfits lmao
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    TDU90 wrote: »
    Im getting tired of looking at boring vanilla sims, with no unique features but due to my conservative nature, I have never really been adventurous with my sims and in real life there arent any orange or purple skin people. or people with naturally green hair. So i feel silly for wanting green or candy apple red hair on a child or toddler sim. Of course adults can dye their hair, but most people dont dye their kids/babies hair wacky colors.so it would be strange right?

However, I have to remind myself that sims have a world of their own and maybe in their world,"people" do have wacky color hair and skin. Do you experiment? or are you vanilla? I have also never been the type you want to play with unrealistic type sims like vampires or other supernaturals.

I made an alien with pink hair and purple eyes on her disguise. Her alien skin is blue and her eyes are purple. Her name is Andromeda Carney-Lowell. She just gave birth to an alien daughter named Ashlee. <3 I have a picture of her in her disguise, but not her alien-self.
    32621948751_170f5e0483_o.png
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    millers72011millers72011 Posts: 47 Member
    This is kind of off topic but I am still somehow a new member so I can't create any discussions.

I saw a sim with purple skin in my neighborhood but when I go to create a sim, there's only blue or green. Also, there are different shades of blue sims in my neighborhood too but there is only one blue skin in create a sim. How can I get the purple skin?
  • Options
    And I don't use CC so I don't know where it's coming from. I know aliens are different colors but still only blue and green are available in create a sim
  • Options
    mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    This is kind of off topic but I am still somehow a new member so I can't create any discussions.

I saw a sim with purple skin in my neighborhood but when I go to create a sim, there's only blue or green. Also, there are different shades of blue sims in my neighborhood too but there is only one blue skin in create a sim. How can I get the purple skin?

The purple skin and different varieties of blue skin (I think there are two shades of green as well, if I remember
    correctly) are only available for aliens. If I'm not mistaken, the different color varieties can be passed down genetically, but the only way to assign them in CAS is by making an alien.
  • Options
    FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    YES!!! I even create different species...like Catsims! B) Or Pokesims...if you take a look at my other thread.

tumblr_oub6rq4IBs1wxvesvo1_1280.png
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • Options
    XxIesjuhXxIesjuh Posts: 78 Member
    I am very vanilla. I never really liked unnatural haircolors
  • Options
    Darn it! I might need to get some CC then. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Darn it! I might need to get some CC then. Thanks for the info!

@millers72011 noodles has great unnatural skins and hair recolors http://noodlescc.tumblr.com/downloads
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Personally my Sims usually have regular hair colors or streaks in their hair, then one of the grey skin colors & light or black eye colors.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top