Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Gamefreak130Gamefreak130 Posts: 29 Member
    A whole boatload of thanks to @lauravonawesome for gifting me braids and pigtails, the last giftable item I needed from the store! I'm just a couple of MMAO exclusives away from OWNING THE STORE!!

No new top five needed, obviously :)
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    For some reason when I first tried to post here, the gifting boards weren't accepting posts or comments :# But, I washaving a rough week so as soon as I saw all my lovely gifts, it really brightened my week up so thank you so very much to @lauravonawesome, @charlotteprice & @debbycanty for all my wonderful hairs and outfits - i'm hoping to get a new laptop or pc ( a lot of saving of course lol) seeing as my laptop is now falling apart after I knee'd it off my bed D: so I can't wait to see these beautiful items in-game ^_^
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited August 2017
    @Gamefreak130 and @Kylieb191 you're both very welcome :)

@XxIesjuh welcome to the gifting directory!

Just a tip for you: Show-Stopping Styles isn't CYS (Complete Your Set)-eligible, meaning that you won't get a discount on the rest of the set if you own individual items. If you plan on owning more than one item from that set, I'd grab Seeing Stars (which includes Show-Stopping Styles + The Hypnotizer) at DD 708 for 73% off, if you have the SP to spare.

Not sure what time zone you're in, but Seeing Stars is scheduled to appear at 3:15 AM US Eastern time.

Also, the Daily Deals thread has some great info that will help you get the most out of your SP. It's the same group on both boards, and we're friendly, so feel free to ask us if you have questions. :)

Brunch at the Old Mill is one of my favourite sets, and I see an item from it in your top 5, so I've sent you a little something to get you started. Enjoy!

-von
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • BluessunBluessun Posts: 139 Member
    edited August 2017
    Warm thanks to @lauravonawesome for those shoes :) I got the message twice, 1 hour apart, I hope you didn't have pay them twice.

And top 5 is updated :)
    Sims 3 PC monitor is discontinued due severe freeze and/or sunburn! Yeah, I'm a nut, so give me a cracker... With cheese, please..
    "I knew this was a great idea! But you should have told me how bad it actually is..."
    @Bluessun no, I didn't~ my initial attempt to send them to you failed, thanks to that good old store glitch we all know and love, so I waited a few minutes before trying again. I'm glad it worked the second time. :)
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

Ah, good :)
    Sims 3 PC monitor is discontinued due severe freeze and/or sunburn! Yeah, I'm a nut, so give me a cracker... With cheese, please..
    "I knew this was a great idea! But you should have told me how bad it actually is..."
  • XxIesjuhXxIesjuh Posts: 78 Member
    > @lauravonawesome said:
    > @Gamefreak130 and @Kylieb191 you're both very welcome :)
    >
    > @XxIesjuh welcome to the gifting directory!
    >
    > Just a tip for you: Show-Stopping Styles isn't CYS (Complete Your Set)-eligible, meaning that you won't get a discount on the rest of the set if you own individual items. If you plan on owning more than one item from that set, I'd grab Seeing Stars (which includes Show-Stopping Styles + The Hypnotizer) at DD 708 for 73% off, if you have the SP to spare.
    >
    > Not sure what time zone you're in, but Seeing Stars is scheduled to appear at 3:15 AM US Eastern time.
    >
    > Also, the Daily Deals thread has some great info that will help you get the most out of your SP. It's the same group on both boards, and we're friendly, so feel free to ask us if you have questions. :)
    >
    > Brunch at the Old Mill is one of my favourite sets, and I see an item from it in your top 5, so I've sent you a little something to get you started. Enjoy!
    >
    > -von

Thanks a lot for the information! I will check the DD's & Seeing Stars out asap (I have to go now).
    And thanks for contributing to my wishlist! I really love that set as well. I can't wait to help others as well.
    @XxIesjuh you're very welcome :)

When I first joined this board, the Old Mill set was on my top 5 list and I had no idea it could even be split (as CYS wasn't a thing when I was last active on the boards). But someone gifted me a bunch of the individual items from it and, when it came up on the Daily Deal, I was able to grab the rest for free. :)

I hope you have a great day!

Thanks so much to @debbycanty once again for the gorgeous painting from Collectionne Stancke :):heart::cookie:

Top 5 updated!

@lauravonawesome Are you serious? That is incredible! I did not know it worked like that. Such a nice system. I can't wait to complete the set. Thanks a lot for the information about stretching SP
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @Gamefreak130 and @lauravonawesome where did you find the Braids and Pigtails? I haven't been able to find them and assumed that they were discontinued. I NEED them if I'm going to own the store! Could you please post a link?
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    Hey @Jude525 ~ to answer your question, I found it on @Gamefreak130 's wishlist. So I went back through my purchase history and found this for you. :)

@XxIesjuh you are most welcome, and happy DD-stalking!

• PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    edited August 2017
    Post edited by PlumDiddy on
  • Gamefreak130Gamefreak130 Posts: 29 Member
    Yeah @Jude525 Braids and Pigtails isn't officially listed anywhere in the store and it's not a part of MMAO or the daily deal rotation, but the page for it still exists, so TECHNICALLY it's still a part of the store.

I assume EA thought it was so ugly that they tried to hide it as much as they could.
    edited August 2017
    @Gamefreak130 that's probably what happened lol. They were so ashamed that they were like, "if we make it hard to find, maybe they'll just let it die". :lol:

Thanks to @PlumDiddy once again for the gorgeous tops from Jet Set Elders and Victorian Fashions!
    (The store messed up when I tried to gift you back, so you'll probably see 2 notifications for the same item~ sorry about that!)

So much of my wishlist is gone, I had to add stuff to it lol. Thank you all!

@PlumDiddy Thank you so much for the Test of Friendship dress! I can't wait to put it on one of my sims :)
    Thank you very much @debbycanty :)

Top 5 is good to go again.
    Completed Jet Set Elders for just 80 SP~ thanks to everyone who helped with that set, and to XxIesjuh for gifting me the robe from my top 5 :):heart::cookie:

New top 5 in signature!

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @lauravonawesome Thank you. NOW I own all the regular content from the store and am only waiting for those last two MMAO Exclusives, although they will have to be free or wait for ads to come back because I am down to 97 SP. :'(
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @charlotteprice Woah thank you for completing my top 5! That is sooo generous of you!
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @XxIesjuh You are very welcome! I love your Avi pic also!
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited August 2017
    Thank you so much to the lovely ladies @debbycanty for the shaggy look for boys hair, my boys can never get enough hair and @charlotteprice for the Eleanor, Emma, Summer Sweet, Very V-Neck Sweater and Braids & Pigtails, you both wiped out my top 5 and more :mrgreen:.

Thanks to @Jude525 who spoke about the Braids and pigtails hair as well :) Didn't realise how much individual items there was let alone "hidden" ones lol

Top 5 Updated!
    Post edited by Kylieb191 on
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Big thank you to @lauravonawesome for the Barely There Scarf :) and @charlotteprice for the 3 lovely items from the Everyday Cool Summer Nights collection :) !! Thank you both so much! I forgot to add you as friends ill be sure and do that in just a bit.
    And @XxIesjuh youre welcome :)

Ive also updated my Top 5
    edited August 2017
    @PlumDiddy and everyone else who thanked me, you are very welcome :)

A massive thank-you once again to @charlotteprice for all the pretty things from Atomic Age :):heart::cookie:
    November 2011 is now done, and I can start working on my Fallout 4- inspired build~ yay!

Just one compilation left, guys! Jazz Age Wear will be free at DD 750 (in just over a day from now), and I already own 70% of Jazz Age Living Room, so should be able to complete Feb. 2011 for free as well :) Double yay!

Now that I'm done with both venues and compilations, I can focus on sets and individual items :)