Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be buying The Sims 4 on console?

Comments

• tonicmoletonicmole Posts: 121 Member
    Too soon. Probably, especially if it has unique mechanics like direct control mode or something like that. We'll see.
    What's the deal with the creepy Sim in the yellow shirt, and glasses? The one right up there! I'm guessing what ever he is it starts with "serial".
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Nope I prefer PC Games
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited August 2017
    The last console I bought was a PlayStation 2. New consoles come out too often for me to bother investing in them. Besides, it has been 2 years and I still haven't gotten my husband to help me hook up the PS2 to the TV, so I doubt he would be willing to help with a PS4 either. I'd hook it up myself, but am not sure I have all the cables needed, and am afraid of damaging the TV he bought before we got married 2 years ago. Besides, still paying off vet bills, no budget for console right now.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    I would if it would come out on the Nintendo Switch sure.
  • K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    Well I preordered the PS4 version. I played Sims Bustin Out on PS2 and I can't wait to get my PS4 started again for that game. I do have a gaming computer and I adore playing Sims on that one but nothing beats playing Sims while laying lazily in bed or having a friend with you on the couch.
  • bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    I will buying TS4 for console as I am not able to play TS3 (or 4) on my computer anymore and can't afford a new one. I have an X1 so I am interested to see how it will be like compared to TS3 on X360 (which was horrible I found, btw. Too many restrictions!). If they make TS4 comparable to PC version, then it will be a good game. I am rather excited :)
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • damageincracingdamageincracing Posts: 275 Member
    If it's as filled with bugs and glitches as the PC version, probably not. I still play Sims3 more than Sims4...
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    If you don't own a PC or Mac but own a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and have interest in The Sims 4, the console version would be worth buying. If you already own the game on PC and Mac, there's no point of buying the game on console if the console version will be the same as PC and Mac, plus DLC on Origin will not transfer over to PS4 or Xbox One.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    @WinMacSims3 I would totally agree with you there! However, my dilemma is I own both TS3 and TS4 but can't play either of them on PC until I can afford a new PC, which could be a very long while before that happens so I have to settle for buying the game for console, as I already own an X1 :) However, I have heard that they will be providing updates and "patches" for DLC so that you get almost the same experience. If you pre-order TS4, you at least get the Party Pool stuff pack. I'm all for that!! LOL

@damageincracing I have no doubt that it will be filled with bugs and glitches as all games usually are (on both PC & console) in the beginning, and sometimes they are just never fixed. It's the ways of the gaming world I have found lol I love TS3 and missing playing my modded game on PC, but I will have to take second best for the time being I guess :p
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I will! Ive already pre ordered the Deluxe Party Edition for ps4. Its nice to have something i can take with me when i travel as i have a desktop and cant really afford a laptop.
  • Kb777Kb777 Posts: 11 New Member
    Absolutely NOT
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited August 2017
    Nope. Sims on console tends to be really watered down and boring to play, with a few exceptions. I really enjoyed the quirky story mode on Sims Bustin Out and Sims 2 Castaway was pretty fun, although there were a lot of things that annoyed me about it. I know a lot of people liked Sims Urbz too, but I personally wasn't a big fan of that one.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Kb777Kb777 Posts: 11 New Member
    This whole topic is laughable to me i have 0 interest in purchasing the sims 4 on the console why would I i play sims 3 on the PC version i used to play sims 3 & sims3 pets on the console version they had less options the game play would be repetitive once i played sims on the PC version i never looked back now as for sims 4 i will never play that on the PC cause they took so many things out then they wait for 2 years to add toddlers lol lmbo as if they got the epiphany that's what simmers wanted all along lmbo i have 0 intrest in buying the sims 4 for the PC / the console version not mention their bad business practices don't get me started lmbo haha this again is sooo laughable
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    I'm purely a console gamer but with the Sims franchise as the exception. I've always felt that Sims was made for PC and no console version (in my opinion) has ever been as good as the PC version. So no, I won't be buying it on console.
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    Yes, I would consider getting it on PS4 if the game looks pleasing to me.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
    I just hope the graphics look ok, i had jaggedy edges and poor textures. Imj not sure how powerful the tech on these consoles is.
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    Hell yes. B) It's the only thing I want for Christmas this year. Already deleted Sims 4 from my desktop & laptop to get ready for this. Getting it for the PS4. Yeah no mods, Mother load cheat or CC is going to suck....but I will live with it.
    Grease is the word!
  • antonio26298antonio26298 Posts: 32 Member
    [quote="Paulmarch76;c-15956193"]plum yes. B) It's the only thing I want for Christmas this year. Already deleted Sims 4 from my desktop & laptop to get ready for this. Getting it for the PS4. Yeah no mods, Mother load cheat or CC is going to suck....but I will live with it.[/quote]

Yes, we will have motherload and all the other cheats on console :smile:
    plum yes. B) It's the only thing I want for Christmas this year. Already deleted Sims 4 from my desktop & laptop to get ready for this. Getting it for the PS4. Yeah no mods, Mother load cheat or CC is going to suck....but I will live with it.

Im pretty sure there will be a money cheat, you may find using it disables trophies or achievements though. Thats usually how it works anyway.
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > Paulmarch76 wrote: »
    >
    > plum yes. B) It's the only thing I want for Christmas this year. Already deleted Sims 4 from my desktop & laptop to get ready for this. Getting it for the PS4. Yeah no mods, Mother load cheat or CC is going to suck....but I will live with it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Im pretty sure there will be a money cheat, you may find using it disables trophies or achievements though. Thats usually how it works anyway.

I love my Trophies more than my cheat codes. Hope they bring back Karma powers.
    Grease is the word!
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > Paulmarch76 wrote: »
    >
    > plum yes. B) It's the only thing I want for Christmas this year. Already deleted Sims 4 from my desktop & laptop to get ready for this. Getting it for the PS4. Yeah no mods, Mother load cheat or CC is going to suck....but I will live with it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Im pretty sure there will be a money cheat, you may find using it disables trophies or achievements though. Thats usually how it works anyway.

I love my Trophies more than my cheat codes. Hope they bring back Karma powers.

Oh they were interesting but i dont think there will be anything different or added to the console version. Its just a port of the pc base game and patches.
  • BereGhostsGIANTFanBereGhostsGIANTFan Posts: 80 Member
    I will probably end up getting it. It would be nice as it would run smoother than my laptop. My laptop is super slow.

Also this post will make me a member so woohoo!
  • LadyLuxLadyLux Posts: 34 Member
    Maybe when it reduces in price a bit.

I WOULD however buy a new urbz or sims busting out mission based sims experience for console. I wasted so many hours on those as a kid. The limo with the swimming pool in the back <3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • antonio26298antonio26298 Posts: 32 Member
    I can't wait for gamescom announcement, I hope they show images of the sims 4 console version and announce pets or something big!