Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

start a legacy challenge together

Comments

• allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @Plushisim welcome! Can't wait to see what your Elise gets up to! >:)
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Hello all! I have a new chapter for you and you can all (finally) discover who it is that my Elise marries!

Chapter 1.3: Elise Sees Fireworks

08-01-17_5-07-35c2a0pm.jpg?w=460&h=260&crop=1
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Maybe today instead of trying to write I will read to catch up on y'all's stories. :)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @Rainydayz179 Wow, that Soren is quite the catch! Romantic relations with three grown women and two of his daughter's friends? Hopefully Elise can get the fire in his heart to calm down a little...
    edited August 2017
    I made a mistake and missed @jayzaldi 's first post so the original post/this one is updated with that! :)
    Meggles wrote: »
    So I'm not sure I'll keep updating this but here's a good start for anyone who wants to catch up. :) I need to catch up, too.

Some stories are found on this Sims facebook group

Jadeleine:
    One

Jayzaldi:
    One | Two

Swcheppes:
    OneTwo

SimQueenie9:
    All Chapters

Arrowleaf:
    All Chapters

AllySimBuilds:
    All Chapters

RainyDayz179:
    All Chapters

Meggles:
    All Chapters

@Rainydayz179 Wow, that Soren is quite the catch! Romantic relations with three grown women and two of his daughter's friends? Hopefully Elise can get the fire in his heart to calm down a little...

I cheated away all of those romantic relationships so he only has eyes for our Elise. The other 3 were so corny. They were all exactly at 40,100 in romance. Like duh thanks Maxis for making it realistic.
    @SimQueenie9 has been awfully quiet the last few days... hope everything's okay.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited August 2017
    I joined this on a whim, when so few were participating, so seeing it grow into this is just so neat! Right @SimQueenie9? It's nice not feeling alone in our struggles! :D

@allysimbuilds: Yeah, it's really exciting and inspiring to be part of this huge community now, instead of a couple people huddled in some distant corner of the forum. ^w^
    Plushisim wrote: »
    I am joining tonight. I am fairly new to the forums so I don't have a blog or anything yet. I will start playing and see where I end up. All I did was add a little swagger to Elise Robinson walk. Ya know cause a girl needs some swagger :smile:

Swagger would look awesome!! I changed mine to feminine and she is so sassy. :lol:

@Meggles: My Elise is sassy. c:
    Hello all! I have a new chapter for you and you can all (finally) discover who it is that my Elise marries!

Chapter 1.3: Elise Sees Fireworks

08-01-17_5-07-35c2a0pm.jpg?w=460&h=260&crop=1

@Rainydayz179: So I was re-reading your blog from the beginning, and I noticed that you wrote that Strict Matriarchy meant that only girls are eligible, unless there are none and then a boy can inherit. But that's a Matriarchy, not a Strict Matriarchy.

Also, what did you mean by, you fixed Elise's age? I didn't notice a problem with that on my playthrough.

Does the inventory trick work for a Sim's personal inventory, or just the household inventory?

Why didn't you have Elise marry the mailman? He's cute. O-O

What's an alien node do? I've never had a Sim in the Scientist career, so I've never seen them before. And what was her coworkers' "unpronounceable" name? jc.

Elise's starter home and garden are lovely. ^w^ I do have to wonder what she did for entertainment, though, since there doesn't appear to have been room for a TV or bookcase or anything.
    Elise woke up super early with a very low fun bar and there’s absolutely nothing fun to do at her house so she lit a bonfire so she could see and did some night fishing.
    Well, that answers my question. That bonfire looks too far away to be of any real use, though. o.o

What's a "Drifter style" house?
    While looking around I saw these two sitting with their feet sunken into the ground.
    OMG, I've never seen that glitch! XD

o: I thought you said you didn't think Elise would ask Soren to get a divorce?! And he had kids! How could she?!?

*could tell the youngest was a boy* XD
    He has two [kids:] a child named Max...and a teen named Moriah. He had romantic relationships with her two best friends
    What a creep. O-O No wonder it was so easy for him to leave his wife. Good pick, Elise. lol. I wouldn't be too choked up if she ended up leaving him for someone better.
    Post edited by SimQueenie9 on
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Such fun reading all about our different Elise's!

I'm working on turning mine into a story!
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @SimQueenie9 has been awfully quiet the last few days... hope everything's okay.

Oh, don't worry, I'm fine. I've just been making some unexpected headway on one of my non-Sims-related projects, and I didn't want to lose the momentum. But now that my partner hasn't been able to work on it for a bit...well...SIMS CATCH-UP DAY!!! :D
    swcheppes wrote: »

How's that coming along? :)
    @SimQueenie9 I'm going to try to answer all of your questions... Whew! You're right. I copied and pasted the wrong thing for matriarchy from Pinstar's site. I'll change it, thanks!

Also, what did you mean by, you fixed Elise's age? I didn't notice a problem with that on my playthrough.

When I started she had like 23 days 'till aging up instead of 25.

Does the inventory trick work for a Sim's personal inventory, or just the household inventory?

Only household inventory. It's kind of a pain cuz you have to keep pulling it out and having them take a serving and them putting it back in.

Why didn't you have Elise marry the mailman? He's cute. O-O

I never saw him again! Just that one time roaming in the wilderness of the island. After that she started the Science job and didn't get her mail until after she was at work.

What's an alien node do? I've never had a Sim in the Scientist career, so I've never seen them before. And what was her coworkers' "unpronounceable" name? jc.

The alien nodes have aliens in them that you can collect. You can also find them in Sixam. I should have written down Jessie and Jennie's original name for entertainment purposes but totally forgot!

Elise's starter home and garden are lovely. ^w^ I do have to wonder what she did for entertainment, though, since there doesn't appear to have been room for a TV or bookcase or anything.
    Elise woke up super early with a very low fun bar and there’s absolutely nothing fun to do at her house so she lit a bonfire so she could see and did some night fishing.
    Well, that answers my question. That bonfire looks too far away to be of any real use, though. o.o

Oh! Fishing is fun! :D I just lit the bonfire for effect, lol.

What's a "Drifter style" house?

When you start the Drifter challenge you start at $0 and basically live on the lawn for like a week or more so I refer to it as "drifter style". Basically lawn living.

While looking around I saw these two sitting with their feet sunken into the ground.
    OMG, I've never seen that glitch! XD

I think that bench needs moved up but that lot isn't editable so oh well.

o: I thought you said you didn't think Elise would ask Soren to get a divorce?! And he had kids! How could she?!?

*could tell the youngest was a boy* XD

I wasn't going to go with Soren at first because of the whole married thing. It's usually a pain trying to flirt with a married sim but Soren was all for it after the first few tries. I have no idea why I thought Max was a girl. He had such a weird name and all. Oh well, lol.

He has two [kids:] a child named Max...and a teen named Moriah. He had romantic relationships with her two best friends
    What a creep. O-O No wonder it was so easy for him to leave his wife. Good pick, Elise. lol. I wouldn't be too choked up if she ended up leaving him for someone better.

I try not to hold what the game mechanics have done to the sims against them. When I played my rotation neighborhood it would drive me nuts when I would rotate back to one of my households and they would have all of these new romantic relationships that the game gave them. I hate it so I just remove them using cheats. I don't know why I didn't check to see if he had kids. I was totally shocked and wouldn't have had her marry him if I'd known about them. I do have them visit occasionally in later chapters though.
    @Rainydayz179 @SimQueenie9 I fixed her age and traits, too! Cheated a youth potion and reset all skills to 1 :)
    @Rainydayz179 @SimQueenie9 I fixed her age and traits, too! Cheated a youth potion and reset all skills to 1 :)

I used MC Command Center to make her an adult and then back to young adult. I have some other mod that I can click on the skill to make it one so it goes away too. I actually got that mod for this exact reason. I got a sim off of the gallery to use for my Drifter house 006 and after spending like an hour giving her a makeover it turned out she had tons of skills and satisfaction points!
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member

How's that coming along? :)

Good I've decided not to start over my game and to just work with what I have so far. I hope to post something later today!
    suRdkSd.jpg
    I have my first teen! <3
    edited August 2017
    @Rainydayz179: O: Pics???
    @Rainydayz179 Are yours good looking? Mine are half and half, ha!
  • minjee_kangminjee_kang Posts: 285 Member
    Hello hello, I just wanted to say that this discussion, and the way you guys talk about each others' legacy inspired me to want to do something like this as well (hence, the discussion I've just posted hehe)! :) Y'all are great and it's so much fun to see how the founder's life has led different paths! <3 I'm really looking forward to how this goes xo
    @Rainydayz179: O: Pics???

*gasp* You want pics before I publish the chapter?! :D
    @Rainydayz179 Are yours good looking? Mine are half and half, ha!

I only have one aged to teen so far and they are really good looking. I say "they" cuz I don't want to give away if it's a boy or girl. >:)
    Hello hello, I just wanted to say that this discussion, and the way you guys talk about each others' legacy inspired me to want to do something like this as well (hence, the discussion I've just posted hehe)! :) Y'all are great and it's so much fun to see how the founder's life has led different paths! <3 I'm really looking forward to how this goes xo

What discussion is that?
    @Rainydayz179
    *gasp* You want pics before I publish the chapter?! :D

Yes. Spoil meh. O_O
    I only have one aged to teen so far and they are really good looking. I say "they" cuz I don't want to give away if it's a boy or girl. >:)

*stage whisper* It's definitely a girl...

edited August 2017
    @Rainydayz179 I'm trying ro find fellow simmers who would do this together on a new discussion (starting off with the same founder sim), I'll leave the link below :)

I sorta wanted to join this one earlier on, but didn't have time to play back then *sad face*

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/922764/would-anyone-like-to-do-a-legacy-challenge-together

edited August 2017
    @minjee_kang Well, it's still open. O3O
    @SimQueenie9 Oh my haha that is such a cute emoticon O3O~♡ If no one joins my discussion, I'll probably come back here to participate with y'all! :)
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member

Good I've decided not to start over my game and to just work with what I have so far. I hope to post something later today!

Yay! I can't wait to see what you do with it! <3

@minjee_kang You are free to join this one! There's no cap on how many people can join in and most of the earlier people besides @SimQueenie9 and @allysimbuilds aren't active here anymore. :( Most of us are just getting started!

4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums