Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone gotten Reshade to work on Sims 2? (SOLVED annd added something)

Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims 2
I think I installed it correctly but the menu bar doesn't come up. Has anyone successfully got it working with the new Reshade?

Edit: Omg I got it to work!! I had to reconnect TS2 to my graphics card lol. This is so awesome, I can't believe how awesome it looks <3
tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
Post edited by Dreamie209 on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Pictures!... and then links and instructions. :)

... Please. :cookie:
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Pictures!... and then links and instructions. :)

... Please. :cookie:

Sorry i'm super late in responding

For instructions:

1. Make sure you don't have Securom. It blocks reshade. (there's a remover on a certain site)

2. Download and install Reshade 3.0

3. Boot up Reshade and click the big button and find the TS2.exe file (for UC it's in C:/Program Files x86/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Fun with Pets/SP9/TSBin called Sims2EP9.exe )
    [the reshade boot is like this:]

tumblr_ouf5ufc8RY1sbdtgso5_r1_500.png

4. When you click the TS2.exe file, the reshade box will come back up like this:

tumblr_ouf5ufc8RY1sbdtgso4_r1_500.png
    Be sure to click "Direct3D 10+" and boom you set reshade.

5. Now just in case, right click your TS2 shortcut icon and make sure it's using your game graphics card (especially if you have more than one). If you have Nividia, sometimes you have to set the TS2 exe it in your control panel. (I know I personally had to lol).

6. Okay now try to open your TS2 game! Reshade should be attempting to load inside (you'll see a grey bar up top). Also don't be afraid to tweak out the setting and make presets! You can also find some presets around tumblr too:
    • Saartje77's Color Pop
    • (reshade is reshade, so even presets meant for TS3/TS4/any game that uses reshade 3, will work).

annd here's the pictures:

tumblr_ouf5ufc8RY1sbdtgso1_1280.png
    tumblr_ouf5ufc8RY1sbdtgso2_1280.png
    tumblr_ouf5ufc8RY1sbdtgso3_1280.png

In these pictures, i'm using my weird preset (I tweak the crazy plumbob out of it lol) called Pixar Outside. I'm still working out the shadows lol. oh but I recommend in any preset, that you turn edge scrolling on high. otherwise the sims and the frame is gonna jump a lot it seems.

7. Here's some tips for Reshade in general
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
    Grr... It won't work. Probably because my graphics card is old and I'm on Win7. Oh, well. Back to basics. Thanks so much for the help and information. I'll try again one day. @Dreamie209 :cookie::mrgreen:
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    @Rflong7 oooh yeah the graphic card might be the cause :confounded: . And Np! It took awhile for me to get it to work too lol.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Hey @Rflong7 - Reshade isn't working for me either, but I did find a work around...that's actually better, me thinks (because it doesn't mess with the frame rate). It's changing the digital vibrance / saturation on the graphics card. I have an Nvidia card and it was in the display options. I also read that if you have 2 cards or integrated graphics, you can use the saturation options in Color - Advanced - Saturation. It does make it pop a little more.
    @Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Hey @Rflong7 - Reshade isn't working for me either, but I did find a work around...that's actually better, me thinks (because it doesn't mess with the frame rate). It's changing the digital vibrance / saturation on the graphics card. I have an Nvidia card and it was in the display options. I also read that if you have 2 cards or integrated graphics, you can use the saturation options in Color - Advanced - Saturation. It does make it pop a little more.

Thanks! I'll give it a try. =D
  • LeriaGamerLeriaGamer Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, install the remodel and the first time it started it worked, it doesn't work anymore save, close, any solution?