Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Memories Cycle 2 - WINNER ANNOUNCED

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited August 2017
    @chellemh29

Thanks, Chell. I love reading your stories, you really are a gifted writer. I hope that you write books and have them published, because you should. I'm a fantasy, sci-fi and memoir writer but after finishing 2 books of 70 - 80 chapters each, they are out there, and I'm hoping to be published. I would dearly love to become an author even just once would be wonderful. It is what my life goal is and you should really go with romance. :)

• SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member

A6:
    Landon:
    When did I know that Bethany was “The One”? Instantly! From the moment I met her I knew that she was different. She was special and I knew that I wanted, no needed, her in my life.
    Forever and for always.

Bethany:
    I am not a romantic. Most girls my age dream about their Prince Charming riding on a white horse coming to rescue them. And when they kiss the princess hears angels singing as she floats from cloud to cloud with naked babies shooting arrows at her. I, on the other hand, am more pragmatic than that. I mean, do you know the odds of actually finding that one person in the entire world that is suppose to complete you? About a billion to 1.
    My feelings towards romance probably has a lot to do with how I was raised. I came into this world through IVF. My mother, being older and realizing that the chances of finding her prince was decreasing with age, still wanted a baby. She took out a withdrawal at the “bank”, and 9 months later I was born. Romantic isn’t it?!

Landon:
    Bethany’s house is always nice and quiet, since it is only her and her mom. We have actually gone through and entire meal and not said a single word to one another. It is the complete opposite of my house. I have two older sisters, one older brother, and one younger sister. My house is always full and loud and chaotic. And when we get together for the holiday season, watch out!!

Bethany:
    My first Thanksgiving with Landon was overwhelming to say the least. I was introduced to so many siblings, sibling-in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, and nephews that I lost count. They were all asking me a million questions about myself that I didn’t have time to answer them all. I needed to go outside to get some air. When I returned I realized that I had lost Landon in the sea of people. I eventually found him in the playroom. He was down on his hands and knees with one of his nephews on his back. Landon was making horse noises while the toddler squealed with delight.
    “My turn, my turn.” one of the nieces said.
    She climbed up on Landon’s back, and all three of them were playing around. And before he knew it Landon had been tackled to the ground. I stood there and watch all of them laughing, playing, and having the time of their lives. My first thought was, “Wow, Landon is going to make a really great dad one day.”
    Then it hit me; I wanted Landon to be that with me. I had a brief glimpse into our future with our own family in the living room on Christmas morning. Landon would be on the floor playing around with our own children. And do you want to know the best part of all of this was? Those thoughts didn’t scare me. Watching Landon with his nieces and nephews, knowing that one day Landon will be the best father to our children, made me realize that Landon is The One.
    Maybe I am more of a hopeless romantic than I thought.
    35944182540_55b341386d_o.jpgScreenshot-68 by socallucyfan, on Flickr[/url]
  • chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 thank you so much Jen! That really made me smile. <3 Fantasy and horror are my favorites to write, but I love writing romance too. I've done a bit here and there, but have yet to submit anything major. Maybe it's a subconscious fear of rejection idk. I really should nut up though and at least try.

You are very talented as well, I'm sure you will get published soon enough.

@Socallucyfan such a sweet story socal. Adorable picture as well. <3
    yhCWXCP.gif
    Nicely done, @socallucyfan, gorgeous story.

Nicely done, @socallucyfan, gorgeous story.

Thank you.
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    @chellemh29 aww lovely story/photo! The photo is really pretty/romantic! :)
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

@Socallucyfan awww so cute!! Great job! ;)

@Jendowoz0612 @chellemh29 I've been wanting to write my own stories/books too! I just haven't been writing my one story in a while, but I hope to one day finish it, and maybe publish one day! One can dream ;).

@NShippudenFan I think most of us who enter these comps either have or had aspirations to write in one form or another. It's a good outlet, and a great way to practice!
    yhCWXCP.gif
    As long as you pursue that dream @NShippudenFan one day it will happen, that is my outlook on life, very optimistic, some say idealistic, but I know that it will happen one day. I am determined to make it happen. :)

• BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    Hey everyone - sorry for being MIA on you all. We've had some weird weather and it's made it difficult to sit at a computer...And also I've had an insanely busy week.

Needless to say... Extensions are granted. I'll update as soon as I can!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    Working on my furiously now. Everyone's looks great so far!
    mWC1gjz.gif
    I regret to pull out of this one guys, but I just can't battle through the fatigue to get this one done anymore. I bought a meter to rule out high blood sugar and so far so good. *fingers crossed* Now I've made a doctors appt to check out my thyroid and iron levels but I am chronically tired,like fall asleep behind the wheel sometimes (I haven't but its been tough). My brain has been in a fog for the last month and its getting worse and not better. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and rooting for you all! Sorry Beech, I really enjoyed this contest and the creativity of everyone.
    mWC1gjz.gif
    You look after yourself, @Gege! Your health is way more important, my friend <3

Sorry you're still not feeling well @Gege Health most certainly comes first. Hope you Get better soon.
    yhCWXCP.gif
    @Gege so sorry to hear that!! I hope everything works/checks out for you, and that you'll feel better!

Thank u everyone. I really appreciate your support and well wishes. Hopefully its nothing serious. I'll let you guys know.
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Been having a bad week with my health. Didn't get around to redoing the pic, but I did finish the story.
    *shrug*
    ASSIGNMENT 6: WHEN YOU JUST KNEW

tumblr_ou9heki7PC1v2n804o1_1280.png
    Sound checks that went wrong were the worst. Nothing was going right. Alexi had broken three strings. Three! He had gone back to the bus to find his spares. And now her keyboard wouldn't switch on. The light came on, but it wouldn't work. Everything was plugged in, it should be working. She'd even tried turning it off, and then on again. Nothing, just that light, taunting her.

She was too tired to even get angry. From where she was, sitting under the keyboard stand, she flopped backward, onto the middle of the stage, and closed her eyes.

What day of the week was it?
    She couldn't remember.
    How many more days was this tour going to last?
    She couldn't remember.
    What was her name?
    Eh.. it was there somewhere, in the back of her sleep deprived brain.

“Sasha?”
    Yeah, that was it. That was her name.

“Wh??” was her attempted reply.

“The middle of the stage isn't the place to be taking a nap.”
    “I not nap.”
    “You not simlish either.”
    A shadow sat down next to her.
    She opened one eye, “Mmmmmm. Dami...”
    “Alexi said you were having power issues.”
    She squinted at him, the sun was too bright.
    “Yeah, red light on, but no power. It's kaput!”
    “It might not be. We had the same problem, with the same 'board. I'll have a look.”

A few minutes later, Damiel jogged off to get Trash Kans Emergency Kit.
    Sasha lay back down, half asleep in the sun.

A shadow fell over her. Her head was lifted, and placed on a... lap? And the scent of life..! er... coffee, wafted over her.

“You brought me coffee?” Tears welled in her eyes.
    “You seem to have forgotten to have any today.”
    “Oh, Yeah. Too busy.”
    She sat up, and took a sip.

“While you wake up, I'll have a closer look at your problem.”
    He unscrewed the panel, and soon found the loose connection. In no time at all, he'd soldered it back together, and replaced the panel.
    “All done.”
    “All done,” She echoed, “Thank you. I don't know what I would have done. Probably would have had to try to get a replacement, or... oh gosh, disappoint the fans and pull out of tonight.”
    “No, you didn't need to worry.”
    “Not with you around, with your skills and your coffee bringing.”
    He laughed. “I'd do anything for you. You know that, right?”

It was then that she realised it. He would. And so would she, for him.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Is this FINALLY going to let me post????

Sorry everyone. For the past 2 days I haven't been able to post anything. I would get this weird error every time I'd press the "post comment" button. I am hoping this one will make it through...

Sad that we've lost 2 people, but I wish you all well.

I will get scores started and hopefully so will @Vanadis ...

That being said, I think that this will be cut short. Instead of doing my traditional 10 assignments, we will make this next one - Assignment 7 - the finale if this competition. I think we're all feeling the lack of inspiration and motivation to continue. I know I haven't wanted to sit at the computer for any length of time lately!

So what I plan to do is kind of mix the remaining assignments all into one big shabang! I'll post it shortly while scores are being done.
    6rj4Q13.png

ASSIGNMENT 7 IS POSTED
    6rj4Q13.png
    Really sad to see this end as I enjoyed this competition and was looking forwards to more assignments, but I completely understand why you're ending it early @BeechNutBaby due to the drops and the general lack of motivation like you've said. :( Anyway, the last assignment looks great and seen it!

@Gege hope you're OK! :(
    I am bummed that this comp is finishing early, but I understand your reasoning behind it.
    A7 is going to be tricky. I may need some of that pixie dust!
    ASSIGNMENT 7: GRAND FINALE

36332239821_1d4115e390_o.png

There was a time when I didn't think we'd make it. Not because of any silly arguments or Stanley's jealousy (thinking I'm cheating with my gay best friend, really Stanley!?). For years our relationship was like driving a vintage car. It would run along beautifully for miles then suddenly it would just stop. The engine would die, and you've be sat looking around for the best way to escape.

No one wants to blame themselves for a relationship failing, but honestly, it was all Stanley. Learning why he was guarded - because of his mother leaving when he was young, carrying all of the responsibility for his younger siblings and having to put his own dreams on hold to run his dying father's business - didn't come easily. The afternoons sat in his dad's empty store waiting for him to talk, the nights camping out under the stars and that week at his grandma's farm. They were all significant in learning who Stanley Crenshaw really was, but after a while he'd go back to being silent. All that effort took it's toll on me, too.

It wasn't until five years into our relationship that something just "clicked." The engine started purring, I found my grove in the driver's seat - I don't know what it was. But things changed, things became good. We could have conversations, we could be spontaneous and sneak into the restroom of a nightclub to make-out. And all the while, Stanley was happy.

So when he asked me to marry him, there was no hesitation. He did it when we were camping, sandwiched between a muddy field and a sky full of stars. Some girls might have wished for something a bit more romantic, a grander spectacle. But I think it summed up my relationship with Stanley perfectly - something beautiful, and something a bit messy.

I did insist on something a bit more spectacular for the actual ceremony, though - I was not getting married in the woods. A beautiful castle, overlooking the sea and the countryside. Stanley's father passed away a few months after the wedding, but I'm so glad he could be there for the day. He didn't mention it, but I know he wished his mom could have been at the wedding, too. But at least he had his dad.

As we walked out onto the bridge for photos, I looked at my husband. The suit jacket had already come off, his sleeves rolled up to show his tattoos. I'd made him take his earring out for the wedding, but now I regretted it. Stanley was Stanley, and that's why I loved him.
    @Simanite that is so sweet! <3 Glad they got a happy ever after. Good luck in the final. :)
    yhCWXCP.gif