Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

Comments

• ekglobeekglobe Posts: 11 New Member
    hi guys, i was redirected to this mac-specific thread after posting on another area of the forum. i opened up my sims game recently to discover that all my saves had disappeared, and the game acted like i had never opened it before (restored my window settings, re-introduced all the expansion packs i have). none of my saves showed up in-game. i realize that this is likely a result of the new icloud drive update which moved my documents (including the EA folder) off of my mac, so that my game could no longer access the saves. i was able to unsync icloud drive sharing, i moved my EA folder back on to my mac, and located the save files within the folder through the finder menu. however, they do not show up in my game. i have started new saves and went back to look in my "load game" menu and none of my original saves were there. i have renamed my save files, saved the EA folder externally and deleted and restored it, just about every tip i could find on the internet. if anybody has a solution for this i would be incredibly greatfull, as i have lost several dozen hours of building and gameplay. thanks!
    yeah, the Electronic Arts Folder is currently in my Documents on my computer, but my saves don't show up in game.
    whoops i didnt mean to post that here!
  • oliviaomloliviaoml Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello all! I've run into an odd and specific problem...

When I go to build inside the third floor of a house I've made, my game freezes up the moment I place a wall down... It only does this on the third floor, and on this specific lot. My game has never froze before, let alone froze every time I went to build in the same spot. Building on the same lot but in different places is perfectly fine, as is building on other lots and other games. I know I can just simply forget the house and move somewhere else, but I /just/ built it, and I quite adore it.. Plus, I'd rather figure out the problem and solve it than ignore it. Any thoughts?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    oliviaoml wrote: »
    Hello all! I've run into an odd and specific problem...

When I go to build inside the third floor of a house I've made, my game freezes up the moment I place a wall down... It only does this on the third floor, and on this specific lot. My game has never froze before, let alone froze every time I went to build in the same spot. Building on the same lot but in different places is perfectly fine, as is building on other lots and other games. I know I can just simply forget the house and move somewhere else, but I /just/ built it, and I quite adore it.. Plus, I'd rather figure out the problem and solve it than ignore it. Any thoughts?

Can you move out your Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts then load your game and try doing the exact same thing to see if it still crashes? Your game will be like new again but all your user data is safely in the folder you moved :)

apple-signature.png
  • oliviaomloliviaoml Posts: 8 New Member
    @BluebellFlora I will try that, thank you!
  • katarinaakatarinaa Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello,
    I am having a problem with my CC hair. I see it's a common glitch, the blonde streaks, and the solution is to turn laptop mode off. But my problem is that laptop mode is off and has been even before the glitch started and the blonde streaks appear even in CAS. I tried turning laptop mode on, restarting the game, then turning it off again and restarting. Nothing. I saw a simmer who also had this problem and fixed it by turning the mode off and changing the settings up a bit, so I changed them in the same way, but still nothing. The hair worked fine till last night :(
    Help!
    katarinaa wrote: »
    The hair worked fine till last night :(

What has changed on your Mac or in your game since it stopped working? Have you updated your Mac's operating system? Updated the game? Installed new CC? Installed new Mods?
    apple-signature.png
  • nikkir1981nikkir1981 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello I notice that after I run a repair game the _installer folder shows up in my applications area and not in the sims 4 folder. Is that normal? Should I do anything? Can I safely erase it?
    nikkir1981 wrote: »
    Hello I notice that after I run a repair game the _installer folder shows up in my applications area and not in the sims 4 folder. Is that normal? Should I do anything? Can I safely erase it?

The Sims 4 folder is your user data, no need for the installer folder.
    apple-signature.png
  • WillowWonderlandWillowWonderland Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm trying to download Zerbu's more club members mod but it doesn't seem to be working. It's a package so I think I have to extract it first but I'm not sure how, also I enabled script mods but the mod keeps going in the cc section but I think that's why I need to extract it. I'm wondering if there's a way to extract it without downloading a bunch of other applications that I'll probably only use once? If not, is there an easy way for me to extract it?
  • WillowWonderlandWillowWonderland Posts: 4 New Member
    > @WillowWonderland said:
    > I'm trying to download Zerbu's more club members mod but it doesn't seem to be working. It's a package so I think I have to extract it first but I'm not sure how, also I enabled script mods but the mod keeps going in the cc section but I think that's why I need to extract it. I'm wondering if there's a way to extract it without downloading a bunch of other applications that I'll probably only use once? If not, is there an easy way for me to extract it?

Sorry, I should've posted this on that ongoing cc and mods thread but I don't want to spam.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    The best program for unzipping files is Stuffit Exapnder. It should be free and is easy to use. I'd keep it around as you never know. You probably will need it again.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    @WillowWonderland

You don't extract the .package files, you just put them directly into your Mods folder. If they are RAR or 7-Zip files then you may need to download and use an app called The Unarchiver, it's free on the App Store.
    apple-signature.png
  • KaytasiaKaytasia Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi, @BluebellFlora ! I've recently bought a Macbook Air in late-July, I used to have a terrible laptop (It was a Gateway :# ), Sims 4 always lagged on it and it pretty much runs smoothly and my Macbook Air (the fan of my Macbook is pretty loud whenever it's running, regardless of the game's settings, though). However, my Macbook is still having problems with Sims 4. At first I had a saving issue (but thats resolved, for now), but the main issue I was hoping you (or anyone else willing to help) can help me solve was that now Maxis-made Lots (including a lot that I made myself, I don't have any CC lots made by other people) disappear when I go on that lot! I would travel with a sim, and it would show the lot being there, but when I actually travel there, the lot is empty and then when I go back to the travel menu, the lot is completely empty, but still has its name. I have tried repairing the game and checking to see if I threw out anything I wasn't supposed to (when I was throwing away excess cache, and turns out didn't throw anything away I wasn't supposed to).
    It never done this on my PC (I did Migration Assistance, moved all my Sims 4 data from my Gateway to my Macbook), and I tried looking in the forums to see if anyone else had the problem, and it seems as if i'm the only one having this issue. If possible, please get back to me as soon as it is possible for you. Thank you so much in advance!

P.S.: my Macbook Specs:
    This is a 13-inch Macbook Air, Early 2015.
    I have macOS Sierra (had that since I bought it, this is also a brand new computer, not refurbished or an open-box).
    Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

If you need any details, please let me know! I want to resume normal game play ASAP; My Sims can't even go on dates or hang out anywhere without the lots disappearing.
    Also, I forgot to mention, if I edit the lot and add like a bench or girl and try to get the sims to interact with those objects, they can't go directly onto the lot, and can't interact with those items.
    Grill*
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Did you check the box that is located in the Game Options to show CC/Mods?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    @Tremayne4260 yea, enable mods is always on. One of my sims' house is not even on the ground (it's in the sky!), they only have the furniture shown (maxis/base game furniture), and the walls are gone. And they have items I didnt even put in the house. Sometimes they walk on the lot ground, but eventually disappear back to the sky. I don't even know what's going on with my game anymore, and I'm about to just start over; take out all mods, do a factory reset and hope that this doesn't happen again. I would show you images I took of how it looks like but I don't think it's possible to add pictures on this thread.
    I loaded a new game, and that character (who isn't wearing anything cc, idk if it makes a difference or not) isn't dealing with any lots disappearing.
    @Kaytasia

How bizarre! Can you try this, it's like a super repair:
    1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
    2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
    3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
    4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

I found this thread by the super helpful @crinrict over at AHQ. Try her suggestions too and see if they help. It appears that it is a known bug.
    apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora Nope, the problem still persists within this saved game file. Idek what I did wrong for it to start acting like this..
    I read the link you sent, and I went into build mode and put back the maxis houses available In the library back Into the house, and now when I travel to different houses (that needed to be replaced as well) it's fine, but public/commercial lots disappear as well. Unless I do the same thing I did to the residential lots. But idk what to do with my San Myshuno Sims bc there's no way to fix the disappearing apartments. At this point I think the most safest, smartest, and less stressful thing to do is to clear out my whole game and start over.

As a side question; does anyone know if there's a safe Mod Conflict Detector for MacBook users yet? I want to download one before getting new CC
  • Babsie94Babsie94 Posts: 18 Member
    Hey, has anyone had the following issues after downloading MCCC and 🐸🐸🐸🐸? (I've since deleted both) Or know a something else that could be causing them?

1. Sims animations getting stuck (i.e., hugging each other from across a room...)
    2. When I click to switch control of different family member, nothing happens. I've been getting a lot of "dead spots" where I click, and nothing responds.
    3. I had a sim get stuck so that you could only see him if you looked down the stairs from the second floor (he was at the base.) You couldn't see him on the first floor. Deleting him and reseting him didn't work. And then the game crashed.
    4. Sims emotions/moodlets: my sims lately have been needing to use the toilet or sleep, very quickly. By that I mean, they go from perfectly happy to uncomfortable in a snap. Theres no yellow you-should-probably-get-on-this step. Straight from yay to halp.

I deleted both mods (they were my only mods) and deleted all of my saved files (yay gallery so I don't have to create the fam all over). But the problems have persisted.
    Babsie94 wrote: »
    Hey, has anyone had the following issues after downloading MCCC and 🐸🐸🐸🐸? (I've since deleted both) Or know a something else that could be causing them?

1. Sims animations getting stuck (i.e., hugging each other from across a room...)
    2. When I click to switch control of different family member, nothing happens. I've been getting a lot of "dead spots" where I click, and nothing responds.
    3. I had a sim get stuck so that you could only see him if you looked down the stairs from the second floor (he was at the base.) You couldn't see him on the first floor. Deleting him and reseting him didn't work. And then the game crashed.
    4. Sims emotions/moodlets: my sims lately have been needing to use the toilet or sleep, very quickly. By that I mean, they go from perfectly happy to uncomfortable in a snap. Theres no yellow you-should-probably-get-on-this step. Straight from yay to halp.

I deleted both mods (they were my only mods) and deleted all of my saved files (yay gallery so I don't have to create the fam all over). But the problems have persisted.

Did you repair the game after removing the Mods?
    apple-signature.png