Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only 1 Expansion Pack in 2017 Again?!?

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2017
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Karilan wrote: »
    Considering the frequency of game packs and stuff packs, 1 expansion a year seems accurate.
    I mean, can you imagine the insane amount of content (and money spent) in a 5-year span if they released stuff faster?!
    Money has nothing to do with it unless you have access to their spreadsheets. Imho, this their way of keeping the franchise going and also if they are shorthanded. If this franchise is doing so well and bringing in the money it should be I do not see money as the issue, money is an issue if the program is faltering and there is no need to move forward full steam ahead. But then again none of us have access to their accounting dept.

Pretty sure he/she meant money spent by the consumer and the risk of flooding the market.
    Yeah misread her post.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    It's not about NEEDING more money. It's about WANTING more money.

Exactly, and that is why it's up to the consumer to incentivize them to keep quality up to snuff by basically withholding money in cases where quality is not up to snuff.

The dues ex players tried that method to make SE take out a in game store selling dlc. Now we don't get an end to the story because the next dues ex has been cancelled. Sometimes that method can back fire and game players loose out on the next game.
  • GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2017
    I miss the magic the sims once had, when you knew that you had something to forward to. Nowadays it just sad how things are being released. I feel like they should make this the best a last of the series. :( We're living 2017 and the sims 1 thru 3 was beyond their years and more. If they are not willing or can't afford making the sims right and better than the one before, it's just time to end the sims 4.
    Post edited by Goddessqueenb on
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

You may have seen this already, but Graham said not to base the release of content on what has happened already in S3 and S4. I'm taking it that they work on them and release when they feel they are done or near the end. So, maybe it is possible to get an EP(after pets or whatever is coming out in Nov.) early next year and possibly one later in the year. I would love to at least have two or three a year. :)

Mert @Merdsjo

Replying to @connorsayers4 and 3 others

@SimGuruGraham not sure if you'll answer but will this 1 EP per year keep going for ever ? You don't have to explain the reason

Follow

Graham Nardone ‎@SimGuruGraham

Using our past release cadence as a way to guess what we do next just won't be a particularly accurate way to predict Sims 4 releases.

2:15 PM - 6 Jul 2017
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    As far as I am concerned they can keep their stuff packs and stuff it. I will wait for the EP you can find more interesting stuff on TSR for Free the game play in SP, GP are really not that exciting and I think must people buy them for get extra content.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    edited July 2017
    Well if stuff packs weren't being spammed so often maybe we could have more EPs. I guess.
    Seriously all the resources going towards these stuff packs takes away from the packs that actually matter.

They had an additional team during the days of the Sims 3 which allowed having 2 EPs every year. Lord knows why there's less people working on the Sims 4.
  • IdeasforsimsIdeasforsims Posts: 116 Member
    It takes them ages to make high quality packs for us which I appreciate but it would definitely be amazing if they found a way to still make them just as high quality but a bit quicker so we could have more
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    It takes them ages to make high quality packs for us which I appreciate but it would definitely be amazing if they found a way to still make them just as high quality but a bit quicker so we could have more

Debatable, sadly.

"Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member

Debatable, sadly.

If these packs are considered high quality, I really don't want to see them at their worst....
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Kurotard wrote: »

Debatable, sadly.

If these packs are considered high quality, I really don't want to see them at their worst....
    I second that!
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I can't even call City Living an expansion pack. The gameplay in it is almost non existent.

Anyways, if Pets really is the next EP, then it will provide a lot of new gameplay (hopefully...). Sad how we are 3 years into the game and still lacking so many key EPs.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I can't even call City Living an expansion pack. The gameplay in it is almost non existent.

Anyways, if Pets really is the next EP, then it will provide a lot of new gameplay (hopefully...). Sad how we are 3 years into the game and still lacking so many key EPs.
    EP's generally do because they can contain more than GP's and SP's.
  • p0eticlenzp0eticlenz Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm a die-hard Simmer and have all of Sims 1 2,3 and 4. So it pains me to say I've become a little bored playing Sims. Don't get me wrong I think Parenthood is cute. But I'm LONGING for University, Seasons, and more jobs that you can participate in, such as the fireman job, and the entertainer that actually was able to perform in a huge concert venue was they maxed their singing skills. Also, I love City Life, but I want to build my own apartments again! Sims 3 was the best for being able to drive around with your Sims and go to their job location. It was also great because teens actually had a life. They were able to learn to drive and then go to college. Now, they just go from teen to young adulthood with little else to do (oh, yeah they can bowl). I'm glad Pets is coming back. However, it would be nice to have some of the things that made Sims 3 so great. Just throwing it out there... hoping that the SimGuru reads this message...:)
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I'm willing to wait as long as they are working on it and doing a good job, I'm happy with the upcoming pets EP, all I want next is Seasons and I'm good.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

Debatable, sadly.

It probably takes them six months just to complete our cardboard cutout backgrounds and four months for game play. I truly do enjoy my mountain cardboard cutouts from Willow Creek as no one could have done it better then Home Depot before sending it to The Sims team for digital insert!
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited August 2017
    If you think about it we get 2 GPs a year too and if you combined those together into one they kind of add the same amount of gameplay you would expect to see in an ep.
  • AwesomeAbsterAwesomeAbster Posts: 61 Member
    Well now we know we are getting pets, which is awesome, but I would agree that it's still dissapointing that were (most likely) now only getting one EP for the whole year. But as long as were getting at least 2 GPs a year, I'll be alright as, in all honesty, thus far, the Sims 4 GPs have been better than the EPs.
    Screen_Shot_2017_11_06_at_7_17_39_AM.png
    ❤️Imagine those toddlers with puppies and kittens in their arms❤️
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    You'd think that, having had one EP a year for the last three years, people would just realise that's the most likely business model now. That they'd get used to it, already.

But no, they think it not only SHOULD be, but WILL revert to the multiple packs of Sims 3, if they complain enough times.

This isn't SIms 3. It's Sims 4. The content isn't adapted from Sims 3 the way Sims 3 could adapt from Sims 2, it's all from scratch. The EP teams are ALWAYS working on a pack, and they release it when it's ready. Sure, you got more EPs in Sims 3. They were also more expensive and simply swarming with bugs on release.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    As far as I am concerned they can keep their stuff packs and stuff it. I will wait for the EP you can find more interesting stuff on TSR for Free the game play in SP, GP are really not that exciting and I think must people buy them for get extra content.

Stuffpacks though bring more gameplay objects. Look how many we got in toddler sp.
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited August 2017
    Lord knows why there's less people working on the Sims 4.
    probably already working on Sims 5. Sims 4 aka Olympus had clearly not the best start...

Don't get me wrong. I love Sims 4. It turned out pretty well with all the packs but the base game is horrible. The development of the game was a mess, they had to turn around and change it completely from scratch.. In compare in what Sims 4 was meant to be it is now a really good, enjoyable and passionate game.
    They implemented a lifestage with so much passion and life like never before afterwards - no wonder expansionpacks took so long! Now with pets nearly done there will have to be more expansionpacks per year.
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    I think we'll get 2 expension packs a year in the future
  • AwesomeAbsterAwesomeAbster Posts: 61 Member
    simgame wrote: »
    I think we'll get 2 expension packs a year in the future

I agree! I think that the main reason we didn't get 2 EPs this year was because:

1) I'm sure they had to put a lot of resources into making toddlers – a whole new life state

2) As the gurus have said, the pets EP is one of the hardest ones to make. Especially since in Cats and Dogs, they made all of the skeletons from scratch.
    Screen_Shot_2017_11_06_at_7_17_39_AM.png
    ❤️Imagine those toddlers with puppies and kittens in their arms❤️
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I just hope we see more.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I know PlantSims ain't the most fascinating things, but they are a thing and we got them for free. That means they're something else out of the way.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Is it just me or are the EPs getting better with each one they release?
    Gallery ID: babysquare