Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited July 2017
    CHALLENGE #: 74 - Solstice Designer Showdown!
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Casa Masiyahin
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 78,217
    TOTAL COST: 80,217
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: Casa Masiyahin, which means "House of Joy" in Tagalog, is a 3 bedroom/2 bath home with plenty of space for family reunions. July is monsoon season in the Philippines, but it can be severely hot as well, so the house has many airy spaces to let air flow. It's also the time when I attend family reunions. I built this house remembering all the family reunions I've attended, so the house has typical Filipino home fixtures on the ground floor, like a basketball hoop, karaoke machine, a mahjong table, and a piano no one ever plays. The second floor is where the hosting family's rooms are, which is usually off-limits to visitors. It also includes a study and a personal gym. Filipino homes are usually gated and have walls around the perimeter.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    pSNQzi1.png
    sVrsok7.png
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @pronterus Your build is lovely. I particularly like the bricks and the arches that let the wind in with the drapes over some of them. It looks like it would indeed be a great place to gather in. So many little details make it more realistic too, like the cracks on the walls and the garage storage. I'm impressed by how big and detailed you managed to make it look without going over budget and despite the lot size. Looking at the pictures, I was sure it was bigger than that! Great work!
    @pronterus Your build is lovely. I particularly like the bricks and the arches that let the wind in with the drapes over some of them. It looks like it would indeed be a great place to gather in. So many little details make it more realistic too, like the cracks on the walls and the garage storage. I'm impressed by how big and detailed you managed to make it look without going over budget and despite the lot size. Looking at the pictures, I was sure it was bigger than that! Great work!

Thanks @SerraNolwen ! I almost went overbudget with this build but I made a few changes to the overall structure and did a few things to keep everything within budget :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS73 - LIFE ON A SHOESTRING
    Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    @Proteus42 what language is that? Sorry if I'm just being stupid...
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    @Proteus42 what language is that? Sorry if I'm just being plum...

It's one of the national languages of the Philippines. :)
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

Are we going to see the starting out & established winners soon? ;)
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

It is being worked on! One of the judges has been out due to sickness.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Calypso
    BUILD COST: 78,195
    TOTAL COST: 80,195
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/Lmh6X
    ENTRY DETAILS: July has always been a holiday month and many of these vacations were spent in Greece, a very warm, sunny and beautiful Country. This is what inspired Calypso (also a Greek name), a beach villa with lots going on for the family and many spacious outdoor areas, including a roof terrace with entertainment :)

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

dCo00NA.png

177dmci.jpg

uzE2H1V.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

It is being worked on! One of the judges has been out due to sickness.

:( I am sorry to hear that! I do hope they feel well soon.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • minimeg2425minimeg2425 Posts: 144 Member
    Oh wow @masajo your build is gorgeous!!
    Thank you very much @minimeg2425 it was great fun 'going Greek' for a change :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    That's a wonderful build @masajo . I love how you did the front.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Hi guys! Apologies for the absence, I had a lower wisdom tooth removed under sedation a couple of weeks ago and it floored me with an infection and dry socket.... But it all seems to be on the mend now!! Have to say I'm blown away by all the creativity I have seen on my return, especially with those shoes!! Amazing!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    @masajo have you heard of the story of Calypso?

0TSlsxY.jpg
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    @faithofkaela ugh!! Can't imagine! Glad you're on the road to recovery! May it be super quick!
    Thank you so much @pronterus your build is very beautiful, I love how you've portrayed the Philippines style :)
    @SyddyB206 I would love to hear the story of Calypso :)
    Really pleased you're feeling better now @FaithofKaela :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID: Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Midnight Sun
    Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/00977F3176F611E78282A1B0FF9750EF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Mannanna&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: $1,500
    BUILD COST:$78,704
    TOTAL COST: $80,204
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/vpunO
    ENTRY DETAILS: My build is inspired by the Stockholm archipelago. July is vacation month and lots of families head out to their summer cottages. The nights are light and summer is all about swimming, fishing and fight with mosquitoes :)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes,Please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

rOdgv6l.png
    gLc3WSk.png

I love the room with the fireplace @mannanna :) The best-looking room in your build in my opinion. It looks really cozy!
    @masajo So, Calypso was the daughter of the Titan Altlas. She was born before the god between the Titans and Gods. I don't really remember why, but she was imprisoned on a phantom island called Ogygia, that exists everywhere and nowhere. On that island there are invisible servants and extravagant gardens. Time moves differently on the island. Calypso is cursed by the gods. Her curse is that only men can get washed up on her island and she always fall in love of them. You may be wondering why that is so bad. Well, no man has ever found the island twice.

I guess that's the story. Sorry if it doesn't make a lot of since. I've kinda forgot it, but multiple searches on the internet helped me.
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: linzlulubell
    ORIGIN ID: linzlulubell
    LEVEL: Starting Out (I give myself this level because this is my first Sims 4 BnS entry)
    LOT: cook out look out, not posted to the gallery
    BUILD COST: 78,184
    TOTAL COST: 80,184
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: part one : https://imgur.com/gallery/u4ceE
    Part two: https://imgur.com/gallery/lSKsN

ENTRY DETAILS: Every summer we go to the same place for vacation in July, a quiet, "sleepy" fishing village on the "forgotten coast" of Florida. We have rented several different places in the area, each being dramatically different and in different areas. This year we rented a tall Skinny condo with lots of stairs, I was able to pretty much recreate the floor plan. Our RL condo did not have a toddler room though, our 1 year old had to sleep in a paknplay in our room and it was a nightmare, especially the night someone gave her a bunch of Coca Cola at dinner when I wasn't looking. So wanted to put all these different elements into my build, of the sea (we haul our boat down there and take it to a beautiful island you can only get to by boat or ferry and spend a lot of time out there with my father in law trying to kill us on said boat), Independence Day (with different shades of red, white and blue, that's in July), Coca Cola stuff (for the funny memory), nature (there are tons of wildlife management state parks in the area), outside life with pool and picnic table (we usually play corn hole and place bets on things such as who will do the dishes, etc. No corn hole so I used the horse shoe set.) the kids room (set up with pink and blue to be for either or gender, custom tea time set up with plenty to keep the tots entertained). The lot is right next to the park with lots of grills so no need to have our own with one so close. The upstairs den has a daybed for extra sleeping room as many vacation rentals have. CC, debug & Moo used. Thanks! Super excited about entering in my first 4 BnS!! I've had trouble getting into 4 but the good CC out helps me tie things together better now without my beloved color wheel and patterns.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes! But please be kind it's only the 3rd house I've built in 4.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All CC has come from TSR. These are the creators objects I've used.
    Simcredibledesigns
    Severinka
    Kardofe
    NynaeveDesign
    Thenumberswoman
    BuffSumm
    Soloriya
    Lulu
    Pilar
    DOT

#BnS74

Post edited by linzlulubell on
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    I love the room with the fireplace @mannanna :) The best-looking room in your build in my opinion. It looks really cozy!

Thank you @pronterus I was trying to stay as true as I could with the build I was aiming for. Your house is lovely, very exotic and different.

Welcome to this thread @linzlulubell :) I'm a newbie too, my second house for this competition. Your house looks great! I must admit, I drool over all the CC you used, but with all the hassle of CC, I find it more of a challenge to build without ( just me ) I hope to see more of you. :)
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: linzlulubell
    ORIGIN ID: linzlulubell
    LEVEL: Starting Out (I give myself this level because this is my first Sims 4 BnS entry)
    LOT: cook out look out, not posted to the gallery
    BUILD COST: 78,184
    TOTAL COST: 80,184
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: part one : https://imgur.com/gallery/u4ceE
    Part two: https://imgur.com/gallery/lSKsN

ENTRY DETAILS: Every summer we go to the same place for vacation in July, a quiet, "sleepy" fishing village on the "forgotten coast" of Florida. We have rented several different places in the area, each being dramatically different and in different areas. This year we rented a tall Skinny condo with lots of stairs, I was able to pretty much recreate the floor plan. Our RL condo did not have a toddler room though, our 1 year old had to sleep in a paknplay in our room and it was a nightmare, especially the night someone gave her a bunch of Coca Cola at dinner when I wasn't looking. So wanted to put all these different elements into my build, of the sea (we haul our boat down there and take it to a beautiful island you can only get to by boat or ferry and spend a lot of time out there with my father in law trying to kill us on said boat), Independence Day (with different shades of red, white and blue, that's in July), Coca Cola stuff (for the funny memory), nature (there are tons of wildlife management state parks in the area), outside life with pool and picnic table (we usually play plum and place bets on things such as who will do the dishes, etc. No plum so I used the horse shoe set.) the kids room (set up with pink and blue to be for either or gender, custom tea time set up with plenty to keep the tots entertained). The lot is right next to the park with lots of grills so no need to have our own with one so close. The upstairs den has a daybed for extra sleeping room as many vacation rentals have. CC, debug & Moo used. Thanks! Super excited about entering in my first 4 BnS!! I've had trouble getting into 4 but the good CC out helps me tie things together better now without my beloved color wheel and patterns.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes! But please be kind it's only the 3rd house I've built in 4.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All CC has come from TSR. These are the creators objects I've used.
    Simcredibledesigns
    Severinka
    Kardofe
    NynaeveDesign
    Thenumberswoman
    BuffSumm
    Soloriya
    Lulu
    Pilar
    DOT

#BnS74

Hey @linzlulubell - nice to see you over here on the TS4 challenge :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    @mannanna I usually take out the CC I don't like or think I'm not going to use & put it in a labeled folder in case I want to use it one day. That makes things much easier and gets rid of all those throw pillows I hate. The CC for sims 3 seemed to be more problematic than 4, had to remove all the CC from my 3. With the exception of the custom paintings I learned how to make with TSR. So far absolutely no issues with 4 CC & im in the process of learning how to make custom paintings and art with TSR workshop for 4. My challenge is building something presentable in two weeks with a one year old who's learning to walk wanting all my attention.

@BuildnShare Thank you! Good to be seen! B)
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @faithofkaela ugh!! Can't imagine! Glad you're on the road to recovery! May it be super quick!
    @withlovejulien - Yeah, it's been tough, definitely feeling much better now though, thanks.
    masajo wrote: »
    Thank you so much @pronterus your build is very beautiful, I love how you've portrayed the Philippines style :)
    @SyddyB206 I would love to hear the story of Calypso :)
    Really pleased you're feeling better now @FaithofKaela :)
    Thanks @masajo

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top