Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Console multiplayer?

I was wondering if it will playable to more than one person at the same time and if you can play online with others?

Comments

• LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    JadedJane wrote: »
    I was wondering if it will playable to more than one person at the same time and if you can play online with others?

I don't think you can "play" with others, sorry. :(
    It will only be
    using the social features that are integrated into those platforms.

Here's more info.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/console/faq#q1
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I think it's meant to be very similar to the pc game so in that case, no I don't think so?
    giphy_1.gif
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    Does anyone want a multiplayer Sims 4 console? I know I do.
  • AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    If they do it for console they had better do it for PC.
  • YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    I know it's probably not going to happen, but... I wish.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    I was reading an article about it and their response was if you want multiplayer play on mobile. But who wants the experience on a small phone or even a tablet? I want that large and in my face like my PC or Console.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    The whole reason I ignored Sims4 up front was because they were making an online, multi-player game. I've played things like WoW, so I've had a taste of what that is. I also learned through feedback that the first attempt to make Sims an online game failed miserably. Thank you, no, I'll pass. I only got interested in Sims4 when they told us it was going to be a single player game like the previous iterations. I didn't like having my Sim 'gone' while on tour in Sims3, unable to play him for 12 Sim hours and was very glad to learn he could make it to the top of the singer career without going on tour. I certainly DON'T want anyone messing with my Sims. When I play my game, I'm alone. No kibitzing from another person, or even the Peanut Gallery, telling me what or how I should do thus and so. Nope, no thank you. My game, my style of play.

I don't have any sort of console, nor do I have any plans on purchasing one.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    My boyfriend has an Xbox one, and he told me he was actually gonna buy it for me. (Even though im not that interested) he was saying there is online multiplayer, because of what he saw in the trailer (which i didnt even bother watching) but it sounds like the trailer is just confusing people.....
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I believe there will be absolutely zero multiplayer. I can't imagine it would work very well, sadly.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • SosoSoso Posts: 1 New Member
    It would B nice to play the sims 4 on multiplayer, mostly, Xbox one & PlayStation, etc. Us military have friends and family, 2 play with, & help us stay in contact with them, this game will b one out of few that don't, I am hoping they do a up date on for it, So I can show off my my town and my sims & see other towns & compliment them on there sims.
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    That'd be cool.
    I remember for gamecube, story mode in the sims was one player only, but two players were allowed for free play. I don't know about the online thing though.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    The whole reason I ignored Sims4 up front was because they were making an online, multi-player game. I've played things like WoW, so I've had a taste of what that is. I also learned through feedback that the first attempt to make Sims an online game failed miserably. Thank you, no, I'll pass. I only got interested in Sims4 when they told us it was going to be a single player game like the previous iterations. I didn't like having my Sim 'gone' while on tour in Sims3, unable to play him for 12 Sim hours and was very glad to learn he could make it to the top of the singer career without going on tour. I certainly DON'T want anyone messing with my Sims. When I play my game, I'm alone. No kibitzing from another person, or even the Peanut Gallery, telling me what or how I should do thus and so. Nope, no thank you. My game, my style of play.

I don't have any sort of console, nor do I have any plans on purchasing one.

I agree 100%. If any PC iteration of The Sims goes multi-player, it will be the end of a long relationship with The Sims for me.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I agree with GalacticGal and Jaline33 when it comes to making any Sims games an on line multi-player game. There are many other multi-player games out there that lend themselves more to that style of gameplay than the Sims. While I sympathize with the Simmers who want this, I also know it has been tried before and failed. There are not enough Simmers who want it that would make it as profitable as the PC version. When I learned that was the plan for Sims4 in the beginning, I was a bit upset at the idea of sharing my game and my privacy with anyone else. Then the news came out that we would have the option to play on line. Then the entire idea was scrapped. The idea of an on line multi-player Sims game has been discussed many, many times since Sims2 was released. And for reasons known only by EA, it just hasn't happened in a successful manner. If EA knew an on line version would be as successful as the PC versions, they would have done it before now.
  • McSmugglerMcSmuggler Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love for it to be 1 to 4 players or shoot even one to two I would love to play the game with my son to try and get him into something else besides single player games seems everybody stepped away from the multiplayer and went online straight I like the old days where you could play on the same screen with others that's what made a certain game on Xbox so great back in the day
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I wouldn't like an online multiplayer experience for The Sims, but I would love it if we had the option to play with our friends or family on the same screen. In Sims 3, I hated that to get some items, we had to visit strangers' games and allow them to visit ours. That was the source of many annoying bugs.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    It would not be an issue for me if it was optional and it can be online in an LAN configuration something like it was for Diablo 1 where two or more systems can hook up. It is all an matter of choice and at this point I do not even seeing it happening.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • iiBossDivaiiBossDiva Posts: 2 New Member
    I'd love for it to be an open world game or at least 2-4 player. I play a game called SecondLife (sl) and everyone on there wish the sims was multiplayer. We would like to roleplay with our friends, family and pets on the sims how we do on sl. I believe it would make the sims better & a lot more people would join... it could be an option button to allow/decline others to join your sims.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    You can play with other players online you can invite them to play the game with you as long as you have gold or whatever ps4s online is called and then you can play together
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited September 2018
    Yes it is I have had invations from other players to join them playing the sims 4 I haven't played online but I have defo gotten others asking do I want to play sims with them thank you very much
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited September 2018
    You can play with other players online you can invite them to play the game with you as long as you have gold or whatever ps4s online is called and then you can play together

Sims 4 is NOT an online multiplayer game, so you will not be able to "play" with your friends. It is a single player game and the online element to the game is the gallery feature (at least via PC and soon to console). The invites you may be getting are just telling you they are playing it. The console version catching up to be the same as the PC version.
    No it says they are wanting you join them to play I dont know how it works i just let them know to check it out i never said it was a multi player game i just said it says to join them in game I also stated that I didn't know how it work buts that's what I get inivited by all the time I am very aware what the happenings are with console as I clearly have one but like I said you'd have to go and check online sims to see what it does when you join the invite
  • SimnoobsieSimnoobsie Posts: 26 Member
    I don't think I'd like to have a normal multiplayer version for PC. As others have said, I think it would be great if I could play with people on my friends list. But I don't want a bunch of random people I don't know hanging out in my worlds doing who knows what...all though it could be entertaining to a point. I still don't think I'd like it.
    Find me on Instgram @simnoobsie for all of my builds.
    For full, inside/out images of my builds go to Imgur. User name Simnoobsie
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I agree with @McSmuggler and @JPNeko

Myself and my partner are both avid gamers and activly seek out couch co-op games on the PS4, but the industry does seems to have gone the way of single player with online multiplayer functions.

I wouldn't mind if TS4 had online multiplayer functions where you'd only be able to add from your friends list. Their sims would only be able to visit your home if your sim is there and allows them access ect. ect. and they cannot actively edit your world/game at least not without your permission.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧