Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets hint?

I'm sorry if this has been in the game for longer and/or if other people have pointed this out already but I noticed something recently while I was building.
vHR60Yw.png?2 This is the basegame toilet paper holder but it has three new swatches in the catalog, they are the same colours but the toilet paper goes under instead of over. I know people with cats do this so that their cats can't unroll the entire roll of toilet paper. Is this a hint that pets is coming soon?

I don't know when this change happened, if it was with the most recent update or the one before that, I don't even know if it was in the patch notes and I just read over it but it got me excited so I wanted to share :)
B9uC3gV.png?1
One of my WIP's

My build showcase
English isn't my first language but I'm like 90% fluent.

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Oh I didn't know this was in the game! It must came with the newest update. That's really cool though I prefer the other way :D I don!t know I don't think this is a hint for Pets. They could put a brand knew toilet paper holder to the EP. I hope you understand how I mean it.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The under roll is a crime against humanity.
  • twistidsimmertwistidsimmer Posts: 36 Member
    I don't think we will ever get pets or anything like seasons....look at how long it took to get toddlers.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Pets are almost certainly coming in Q4.
  • CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    There was a strike of voice actors and they basically leaked that they were working on pets. I just hope they won't be as hollow as human sims
    > @OEII1001 said:
    > Pets are almost certainly coming in Q4.

I hope so but I wont bet any money.
    > @Crueltivity said:
    > There was a strike of voice actors and they basically leaked that they were working on pets. I just hope they won't be as hollow as human sims

Ooooohhhhhh really? I wonder if you will be able to control them like you could in TS3.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    > @Crueltivity said:
    > There was a strike of voice actors and they basically leaked that they were working on pets. I just hope they won't be as hollow as human sims

Ooooohhhhhh really? I wonder if you will be able to control them like you could in TS3.

I hope you won't, lol :D
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Even though Pets expansion is coming this is not a hint now the voice actors being hired for Pets and the files for Pets being patched in would be the hints. I'm sure some Guru thought adding this would be hilarious since some people really hate the under roll.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    edited July 2017
    Pets are in the coding of the game wyd. They are definitely coming.

Interesting that they added this feature. It would be so cool if cats can roll out toilet paper omg.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    That's probably more because of the big "debate" about having the paper under or over lol. Kind of a joke.

There are lots of hints for pets in the game though, including the description of a vet career in the teddy bear doctor toy and the couch description that mentions pet hair.

There are also the pet codes found in game and the leaked release date.

Pets is almost guaranteed to be released this November as the next EP.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    this is a reach
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    EA is kinda sneaky with the clues aren't they?

Remember way back in the day (in the BASE GAME), there was an the option "Joke about Vampires" under the Funny interactions menu?

Then BAM! Now we got Vampires for our games!

If you pay close attention to the game, you might find clues as to what the future has in store for Sims4!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Im not a huge pet lover in the sims. But now that there is the possiblity of them coming soon, Im feeling some excitement. Puppies in sims 4 would be the cutest ever with the graphics we have now.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Wow, I would have NEVER noticed this :D I didn't even know that the toilet paper has different swatches :D However, I think there are hints in the game that are much more noticable and clearly, the top ones of them being in City Living, first one the dog barking that sometimes appears when playing the keyboard, and these outfits that have different pet motives:

31.07.17_22-54-46.png
    31.07.17_22-54-42.png

@5782341b77vl there's also a "joke about Sunset Valley" interaction, does this mean we'll get a TS4 version of Sunset Valley? :o
    But seriously, I can't really imagine that they planned vampires this far beforehand, it would be a bit creepy, wouldn't it? :D I thought they just added vampires because they were requested so much.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I love this .. and I do think it's a hint. Whenever we had a pet cat the toilet paper ends up being turned for sure.
    egTcBMc.png
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    we do this and we just own a dog.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    EA is kinda sneaky with the clues aren't they?

Remember way back in the day (in the BASE GAME), there was an the option "Joke about Vampires" under the Funny interactions menu?

Then BAM! Now we got Vampires for our games!

If you pay close attention to the game, you might find clues as to what the future has in store for Sims4!

Also joke about politicians!
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Pets are in the coding of the game wyd. They are definitely coming.

Interesting that they added this feature. It would be so cool if cats can roll out toilet paper omg.

Like this?
    QB3sRLy.jpg
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
    I don't think the toilet paper thing is a hint towards pets, I believe it goes towards the "Over or under" debate that goes on, and I am a cat owner and I used to put mine, however, it ended up, doesn't matter to me, so sometimes it would be over...others it would be under, now due to a cat we have that has 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and we have to watch him closely (he doesn't just play with toilet paper, he will eat it) we keep ours in a drawer. I will agree that pets ARE coming at some point the coding is there...so why have the coding if it's not coming?