Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phoenix Puffclaw Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Here's a new chapter with Septemus! Septemus 17
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    In the newest chapter of After the Wedding, Darion meets his dad's "special friend." Will they get along? S3.5 Chapter 2: Welcome to the Madness
  • Options
    Here's my newest chapter for Septemus, My Son: Septemus 18

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    peatockpeatock Posts: 139 Member
    hey, friends! :) just wanted to check in - i've been absent between work and (weirdly) the forums kicking me out on my normal browser, so i had to use a different one, reset some information, etc. it's weird, but it at least seems to be working now - but i'm still somewhat absent doing other things. i hope you all are well, though!!

some of my time should free up towards the middle of august, hopefully, so i will be back here around then! until that time: <3
    0Ims83x.png
    The Velasco Legacy: Generation Six on wordpress & on the forums!
  • Options
    @peatock We'll be here when you come back :)
    Here's the latest chapter of After the Wedding, where we find that Darion's hiding something from his best friend. S3.5 Chapter 3: Sometimes it Hurts
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    newest chapter

170731-M1LB_CZKlGVh.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    newest chapter

170731-M1LB_CZKlGVh.jpg

I caught up! I DO like frogs, myself. Frogs and toads are my favorites.

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i can't think of anything to write. i wan it to be september already august wasn't good so far. well technically the 31 through now. my dad died and Brians is dying of heart failure. so neither one of us had a great august. and sometime after tuesday i have to figure out what to say to Brian. normally i find words but just the word dad gets me emotional which i have a feeling wouldn't comfort him.
  • Options
    i can't think of anything to write. i wan it to be september already august wasn't good so far. well technically the 31 through now. my dad died and Brians is dying of heart failure. so neither one of us had a great august. and sometime after tuesday i have to figure out what to say to Brian. normally i find words but just the word dad gets me emotional which i have a feeling wouldn't comfort him.

Oh, that's so sad that Brian's also going through this.

When I think back on when I went through that, it was just knowing that people cared and shared kindness that made me feel better. For example, one of my coworkers smiled a very kind smile and said, "My heart is with you." And that helped me get through the day.

Another coworker told me that after his mom passed away, he felt somehow closer to her than ever. It was the little things, he said, like cleaning house or washing dishes, that made him feel connected to her. And that helped me feel better, too, because it was the same with me. It was like Dad was inside me and a part of me always, now that he didn't have a separate body anymore.

And some people would just stop by and say, "Thinking of you!" or "How's it going?" And sometimes, just a smile made me feel better.

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

When I think back on when I went through that, it was just knowing that people cared and shared kindness that made me feel better. For example, one of my coworkers smiled a very kind smile and said, "My heart is with you." And that helped me get through the day.

Another coworker told me that after his mom passed away, he felt somehow closer to her than ever. It was the little things, he said, like cleaning house or washing dishes, that made him feel connected to her. And that helped me feel better, too, because it was the same with me. It was like Dad was inside me and a part of me always, now that he didn't have a separate body anymore.

And some people would just stop by and say, "Thinking of you!" or "How's it going?" And sometimes, just a smile made me feel better.

smiling might be good . i hate talking right now.
  • Options

Yeah. Talking isn't really necessary. I also simply enjoyed just sitting with people.

It does eventually stop hurting--or at least hurting all the time. It took a long time for me. But that knife-in-the-heart does go away,eventually.

• Options
    Here's the latest chapter of After the Wedding, where we meet the best listener in the world: Space Pig!
  • Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hi, everybody!
    Thank you @CathyTea for inviting me to this reading circle! :smile:
    I got some new TS4 packs :smiley: , started a new legacy, and wrote the first chapter for it!
    I'll check out other people's stories shortly! :)
  • Options
    ninaumi wrote: »
    Hi, everybody!
    Thank you @CathyTea for inviting me to this reading circle! :smile:
    I got some new TS4 packs :smiley: , started a new legacy, and wrote the first chapter for it!
    I'll check out other people's stories shortly! :)

Yay! You're here! So glad you've joined us! My story for the circle right now is Septemus, My Son. There's a little over 20 chapters so far--but they're all short. It's part of the Alien Adoption Collab, which is really cool because it means there are a lot of intertwining stories! :)

• Options
    @ninaumi Welcome! I checked out your first chapter and I think your off to a great start. Also, the Humor and Hijinks festival is my favorite.
  • Options
    Here's my latest Septemus chapter! Septemus 21

• Options
    Here's the next chapter for Septemus! Septemus 22

• Options

Yeah. Talking isn't really necessary. I also simply enjoyed just sitting with people.

It does eventually stop hurting--or at least hurting all the time. It took a long time for me. But that knife-in-the-heart does go away,eventually.
    asif i didn't have writers block already mom invited him out to dinner with us thursday. oh well the bright side is thursday i can blame him.
  • Options
    Chapter 5 of After the Wedding S3.5 is out! Darion and Aidyn's friendship is experiencing a new challenge-- distance.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 Happy birthday! :)

friends03.png

• Options
    KiayrueKiayrue Posts: 137 Member
    (Sorry for my inactivity, guys! I'm really bad at staying active with forums. )

@friendsfan367 happy late birthday!