Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed -The Sims 4 - Coming to CONSOLE - Confirmed for Gamescom 2017

Comments

• Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I've been playing on the PS4 predominantly, yet sims on console never seems to pique my interest. It's hard keeping up even on PC.

This
  • Options
    If the footage from the trailer is actual console gameplay it looks like the textures are of a lower quality compared to pc which is to be expected i guess. But its in development still so i dont know. A shame but expected. Thats what turned me off the sims 3 on console, the bad textures.

No that's pc gameplay. We haven't seen the console version yet.

Are you sure?
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    If the footage from the trailer is actual console gameplay it looks like the textures are of a lower quality compared to pc which is to be expected i guess. But its in development still so i dont know. A shame but expected. Thats what turned me off the sims 3 on console, the bad textures.

Are you sure?

He is sure. If you watch the video to and past the 55 second mark you will an area of text in the lower right. First part of the second line of text states the disclaimer "Representative of the PC experience", meaning the video is taken from the PC game. It will be really interesting to see actual console footage and how it compares to the game, also I am a little confused why they would put out an advertisement for a version with zero gameplay actually representative of it? They must have some footage of it laying around somewhere to use, actual console footage.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Are you sure?

He is sure. If you watch the video to and past the 55 second mark you will an area of text in the lower right. First part of the second line of text states the disclaimer "Representative of the PC experience", meaning the video is taken from the PC game. It will be really interesting to see actual console footage and how it compares to the game, also I am a little confused why they would put out an advertisement for a version with zero gameplay actually representative of it? They must have some footage of it laying around somewhere to use, actual console footage.

I just saw it!! Thanks for posting this i would never have noticed that on my own! <3 so excited!!!
    Post edited by Simsfan99111 on
  • Options
    TheSimer wrote: »

Can you imagine typing "bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement" with a controller? xD

...and that is after you have done CTRL+SHIFT+C :grin:

:#
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    And speaking of the console version I wonder if we'll see it in the upcoming October Quarterly Teaser. They will have it at Gamescom but I doubt we'll see it then because of embargos.
  • Options
    And speaking of the console version I wonder if we'll see it in the upcoming October Quarterly Teaser. They will have it at Gamescom but I doubt we'll see it then because of embargos.

Oh yea!!! Oh i would love it if they did!
  • Options
    Cool! I know a lot of people who liked previous console versions, and some who play on PC now who started on console. Glad to see that the game is doing well enough to support more than just one way of playing it. Maybe some of the players who have been trying/failing/struggling to play on homework-level laptops will have access now. An LED TV and a console is cheaper than a gaming laptop for people who need a laptop for school, and a lot of those people might already have the TV if not the console.

I see this just as the opposite, this pretty much screams DESPERATION after 3 years. Looks like a quick port to sell more and more DLC, such a good plan

I dont think so!
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited July 2017
    Oh goodness people whatever you do don't get the console version! If you think the pc version is half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 then trust me the console version is going to be 10x times more crappy. I know this cause I'm a victim of getting console version of the sims 3. That freaking game was an abomination! It wasn't even a game, it was just a broken mess filled to the brim with bugs and shortcuts. It was bad that your baby skipped toddler stage in sims 4, well just imagine your sim giving birth to a child, they even skipped baby and toddler stage in the console version..that's how bad it was. So just from that experience I would not bother getting it on console, Ea should have been ashamed for releasing that game.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Oh goodness people whatever you do don't get the console version! If you think the pc version is half plum then trust me the console version is going to be 10x times more plum. I know this cause I'm a victim of getting console version of the sims 3. That freaking game was an abomination! It wasn't even a game, it was just a broken mess filled to the brim with bugs and shortcuts. It was bad that your baby skipped toddler stage in sims 4, well just imagine your sim giving birth to a child, they even skipped baby and toddler stage in the console version..that's how bad it was. So just from that experience I would not bother getting it on console, Ea should have been ashamed for releasing that game.

Sorry but stick to the pc version then. Its basically confirmed its the same as the pc.
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited July 2017
    Until recently, there has never been any news of The Sims 4 coming to console suggesting that the negative reception of The Sims 3 Pets (and many Windows/macOS Simmers bashing PS3/Xbox 360 for not being the same) killed another chance for a future console game but that doesn't seem to be the case now that it's confirmed that The Sims 4 will be coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One but not Nintendo Switch surprisingly.

I don't know what Simmers' reaction to the PS4/Xbox One port will be considering that the console games (especially The Sims 2 and The Sims 3) are a mixed bag. The Sims 3 is considered a good console game but it was criticized for the changes such as the fire meter, removal of open world, not being able to change Households, and Sims removed from the Household being deleted. Also some claimed that the console port is a carbon copy of The Sims 3 on Windows/Mac as other than the changes such as the Karma Powers, Challenges (not to be confused with Skill Challenges on Windows/Mac), and the disliked features, it's pretty much like the Windows and Mac version. The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Pets were mainly because since it lacked features such as children and the gameplay wasn't identical to the original Windows version. The previous console games were understandable since the older consoles were less powerful than computers but things are different with the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The PS4 and Xbox One consoles have powerful hardware which is enough to handle The Sims 4 considering The Sims 4's minimum requirements.

Here are some info based on the FAQ.
    It appears that the console version will have DLC support so you'll get the same DLC that you had on Windows/Mac. However, DLC that you owned on Windows and Mac will not carry over to PS4/Xbox One so you'll have to purchase the same DLC on PS4 or Xbox One again. To be fair, DLC you purchased for a Windows game won't carry over to a game on PS4 or Xbox One so if you have the game on Windows and Xbox One, you'll need to buy the DLC on both platforms. I don't know if Up All Night and Awesome Animal Hats will appear on Windows/macOS, I don't think I've seen them before. Likewise, save files and creations from Windows/Mac can't be transferred to PS4/Xbox One.

It's confirmed that cheats will be available but I don't know if they'll disable Achievements/Trophies like in The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Pets. Unlike The Sims 3 on PS3/Xbox 360 and the Windows/macOS version of The Sims 4, TS4 will not include The Gallery.

It seems The Sims 4 is more expensive on PS4/Xbox One than on Windows/Mac, the Standard Edition for PS4/Xbox One is $50 which is $10 more expensive than the Standard Edition on Windows/Mac currently costing $40. The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition is $60 on PS4/Xbox One as opposed to The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe on Windows/Mac costing $50. However, EA said on the FAQ that the DLC will be priced on par with those in Origin minus sales and promotions.

Since the game will be similar to the Windows/Mac version, hopefully this could serve as the best Sims console title and bring back console Simmers who stopped playing the console games especially anything after The Sims Bustin' Out or The Urbz: Sims in the City such as the aforementioned The Sims 2 console. Simmers who are interested in The Sims 4 but prefers PS4/Xbox One will likely find use of it but Simmers who already own the game on Windows or Mac will probably find little use of it.
    Post edited by WinMacSims3 on
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The sims 3 on console had toddlers?? I have both the sims and the sims 3 on PlayStation 3. There was differences of course as there will be differences in the sims 4 console edition. (No gallery for one)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hopefully this game will be better than the previous console games. Most console games are regarded inferior to the PC/Mac version since the console's hardware wasn't good compared to the PCs being used but things are different with the PS4/Xbox One. I wonder what people think of the console version of the game.

The only negative is it's $10 more expensive than the Mac/PC version ($50-$60 on PS4/Xbox One vs PC/Mac's $40-$50).
    Post edited by WinMacSims3 on
  • Options
    SimplyRoyalSimplyRoyal Posts: 174 Member
    I personally like the sims on a computer, but maybe every once in a while I'll play it on a console (Once the sims 4 comes out)
    ❀ ✿A best friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find, lucky to have.❀ ✿
    <3
  • Options
    SimplyRoyalSimplyRoyal Posts: 174 Member
    I personally like the sims on a computer, but maybe every once in a while I'll play it on a console (Once the sims 4 comes out)
    ❀ ✿A best friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find, lucky to have.❀ ✿
    <3
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Where the Switch version though?
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    According to @SimGuruDrake on Twitter, it's said that there are no plans for Switch. That seems interesting considering that previous Sims console games were released on Nintendo consoles although The Sims 3 Pets was only released on Nintendo 3DS meaning The Sims 3 was the last game on a Nintendo console since it was released on Wii, DS, and 3DS.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    My thoughts on the Sims 4 coming to the consoles think it is not an bad idea being not everyone has a computer. On the consoles the program should run the same depending on what console you own. However. for some and including me it is not economically sound to have both versions for the PC and the consoles. Also, there is no indication that consoles would have the liberties that the PC have such as mods, CC, functionality. Looking at past releases of Sims games to console not all packs made it to console and it would be a miracle if they do with the consoles. It would be an wait and see as more info comes out.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    My thoughts are irrelevant, I don't like Sims on Console.
    It's weird to me, I feel as if the controls were different and there wasn't that beam of light that you use to select for your sim it would be better.

Like using the analog stick to make your sim walk around, instead of "go here."
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Hopefully this game will be better than the previous console games. Most console games are regarded inferior to the PC/Mac version since the console's hardware wasn't good compared to the PCs being used but things are different with the PS4/Xbox One. I wonder what people think of the console version of the game.

The only negative is it's $10 more expensive than the Mac/PC version ($50-$60 on PS4/Xbox One vs PC/Mac's $40-$50).

It sounds like it may be! From what i have gathered this will be a direct port of the same game with very little changes. Its amazing they can do this now days! So excited!
  • Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    Oh goodness people whatever you do don't get the console version! If you think the pc version is half plum then trust me the console version is going to be 10x times more plum. I know this cause I'm a victim of getting console version of the sims 3. That freaking game was an abomination! It wasn't even a game, it was just a broken mess filled to the brim with bugs and shortcuts. It was bad that your baby skipped toddler stage in sims 4, well just imagine your sim giving birth to a child, they even skipped baby and toddler stage in the console version..that's how bad it was. So just from that experience I would not bother getting it on console, Ea should have been ashamed for releasing that game.

Only the Wii version skipped the baby and toddler stage. The Xbox & PS3 versions are almost identical to the pc version of The Sims 3
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options

Only the Wii version skipped the baby and toddler stage. The Xbox & PS3 versions are almost identical to the pc version of The Sims 3

Oh i didnt know that! I know the wii version was very different. It still looked fun! :-D
  • Options
    I've noticed that my thread got moved to this one maybe it's because it was too similar to this thread.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Who cares? We already have sims 4. Give us more stuff. And give us 64 bit sims 4. (If it's not already.) who cares about console. We have PCs.
  • Options
    I've noticed that my thread got moved to this one maybe it's because it was too similar to this thread.

Oh really?