Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims3 Exchange Stories

First off, my apologies if this is in the wrong category - I’ve never made a discussion post before.

So, a great chunk of my time used to be spent writing a lot of stories for the sims3 in the olden days (like 2009-13). And I left the simming world for a while and got back into it a few months ago (cool to see many people still very much engaged in the community.) When I came back, I noticed loads of people making their own sites, tumblrs and blogs to post their work, so I jumped onto the wagon and did the same so that my old pieces wouldn’t go to waste (they used to take hours to make.)

And I don’t know if this was ever addressed, but I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the sims3 story exchange, it seems to have just disappeared. Oddly enough all my stories with their original posting dates, views and recommendations, as well as my images are all saved in my studio, so it’s not like they’ve completely vanished.

The rest of the categories on the exchange though – like lots and sims, etc… – are still very much alive and updating constantly with new content but the movies and stories section is just blank.

TLDR; If anyone was around the time the sims3 story exchange content disappeared, since it appears to have vanished during my time away from the simming world – I’d love to know out of mere curiosity what happened/if it was ever addressed.

p.s I don’t know if someone has made a post like this before, I attempted to search before making this but nothing came up…

Thanks in advance! Take care and happy simming~

Comments

• IomaiIomai Posts: 251 Member
    Hmm, I've never noticed before because I use Wordpress to write but maybe they removed it because of the new forum. I noticed the new site is basically every game now. Ts4 and TS3 more so... but then it doesn't really explain why they would just remove everyone's story. It would have been nice to keep that along with this site.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2017
    @amirahqueen Hi, I remember that, I liked it, You put a picture and wrote about your story. I too came back to sims 3 and it is not there anymore, I am not sure why, or if I just can't find it. I did like it.
    Post edited by Evalen on
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @amirahqueen This is just speculation, but based on the fact that the category is still there I would venture to guess they accidentally deleted everything in it and just didn't bother to fix it. :lol:
  • amy_queenamy_queen Posts: 65 Member
    @Iomai I believe this site has existed for ages but I don't remember precisely when the content disappeared off of the Sims3 site - it could very well be because a lot of people post their stories here now like you said, or use other sites such as wordpress and blogspot, but I agree it would've been nice to have all of that old stuff as well

@Evalen Yeah, it was so easy to use! :) I wasn't sure if it was just me who couldn't see it at first, but then some of my other friends told me it had disappeared for them as well. I'll miss it~

@Emily4331 If that is the case that would be so sad :')
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I agree it was easy to use. I am trying to find a really easy blog or somewhere to post my own story