Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Wow, you've been busy! It looks great. I'm not the most reliable person so I doubt I'd be a good option as an editor. I'll look through my pics and see if I have any you can use. :)

Yay! Awesome! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @CathyTea - Wow! What a great site! You can use whatever pics you want from my blog. I love the idea of the guest bloggers, that maybe our alien adoptees will write letters on their, too :) You have such a great site, I need training for mine! lol
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @CathyTea After working on Heart & Soul all day I just realized I'd never looked at those pics! I'm so tired of sitting at the computer so I'll do it tomorrow. I just didn't want you to think I'd forgotten completely.
    @CathyTea After working on Heart & Soul all day I just realized I'd never looked at those pics! I'm so tired of sitting at the computer so I'll do it tomorrow. I just didn't want you to think I'd forgotten completely.

Oh, no rush at all, Rainy! We'll probably go slow with the blog because of busyness! :) I've got a busy week and weekend coming up... so we'll just add to it as we go along. No rush at all!

I'm so happy you're working on Heart and Soul again! I love that story so much!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Got a new chapter: Septemus 17

• RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Um... hi guys! I've been thinking of maybe doing something with this challenge. It looks like so much fun! And if I do start an alien adoption story, I'd love to take part in this collab.

I won't be starting this yet, though, as my work starts next week and I want to first adjust to that. So if you don't mind me starting that late... I'd love to try to do something. :)

I haven't been reading the thread through yet, but I will before I start writing. If I do.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @RipuAncestor Yay ! It'll be awesome (cubed) to have you join! We're setting it up to be very flexible in terms of timing and so on ! Also , do you want to help us create the language ? We'll add you to our group PM if so... and everyone is invited to help with the language ! Just let me know and I'll add you in!

Right now we're grooving with compound words !

• ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    This sounds fascinating! You know I love aliens, @CathyTea =p Maybe I will join at some point soon? I don't quite understand it, so I will reread the rules until I do =p
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @RipuAncestor Yay ! It'll be awesome (cubed) to have you join! We're setting it up to be very flexible in terms of timing and so on ! Also , do you want to help us create the language ? We'll add you to our group PM if so... and everyone is invited to help with the language ! Just let me know and I'll add you in!

Right now we're grooving with compound words !

@CathyTea Thanks! I'll probably think about this a bit more after I get Tango's story arc done and can put that on a bit of a break.

Also aw yeah, compound words... As a native speaker of a weird language, I'd be glad to help with alien language stuff. :) You can add me to that right away if you want.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @CathyTea You've been busy! The collab blog looks great, and you're welcome to use any shots from "Alienated" that would be of use.
  • ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    I've tried my hardest to stay away from this thread and this challenge... but it just keeps gnawing at me! As I was getting ready for this event I have to attend, a backstory/ setup dropped into my mind. I guess that means I'll need to go in-game and get my sims together. :D I'll have to read the challenge rules and the levels of participation again to refresh myself.
    ny275 wrote: »
    I've tried my hardest to stay away from this thread and this challenge... but it just keeps gnawing at me! As I was getting ready for this event I have to attend, a backstory/ setup dropped into my mind. I guess that means I'll need to go in-game and get my sims together. :D I'll have to read the challenge rules and the levels of participation again to refresh myself.

Yay ! It is too fun to ignore !

@ny275 please, please, please get on-board! I'd really like to see what you make of the challenge and story possibilities!
    Okay, I'm caught up with the thread! You guys have such a great collab going on! I'll try not to ruin it by butting in... not that I could do THAT much damage. :D Anyway, I got plenty of ideas from this thread, and I think I may have some basic set up for my story forming... I'll get back to you once I have more.
    My Sims stories:
    @allysimbuilds I am strongly considering it! I'm finally home now so I'll see how I feel about it after I set it all up.

I think I've already decided to "break" some of the rules... oops? Really the only rule I plan on altering is the apartment one... but I might not. I'll decide once I'm in game! :)
    Okay, I'm caught up with the thread! You guys have such a great collab going on! I'll try not to ruin it by butting in... not that I could do THAT much damage. :D Anyway, I got plenty of ideas from this thread, and I think I may have some basic set up for my story forming... I'll get back to you once I have more.
    ny275 wrote: »
    @allysimbuilds I am strongly considering it! I'm finally home now so I'll see how I feel about it after I set it all up.

I think I've already decided to "break" some of the rules... oops? Really the only rule I plan on altering is the apartment one... but I might not. I'll decide once I'm in game! :)

Yay! Awesome! So glad you'll be joining! It's super fun. We've got a few others who are bending and breaking rules--and we've got a few adjuncts involved, too--so there's lots of room to participate howsomever you want!

Also... @ny275 or anyone else! If you want to help language-creating, let me know and I'll add you to our language PM! :)

edited July 2017
    Hi everyone! My latest chapter is up, "Feeling Unchallenged." Thank you!

Also, the bizoopatogo forum hasn't been that active lately. Here's the posts waiting for replies:
    • Sev 7s has a thread on Sept's first day of school. Anyone else school age? Answered on another thread.
    • Seb7s has a thread on Breathing Problems, if anyone else is experiencing those.
    • There are a few threads regarding telepathy open that can be joined at any time.
    • There's a new thread on trauma and PTSD if anyone is going that route in their game.

@CathyTea Elliot owes Sebastian a message, I'll get to that later this week.

Anyone else waiting for replies there that I missed? I don't want anyone to be forgotten... thanks everyone!
    Post edited by allysimbuilds on
    I've just totally not felt any inspiration for this challenge lately. I keep hoping someone will post something here that will spark my creative brain, lol. I really should go get caught up on everyone's stories... I think I'll do that now! Thanks, @allysimbuilds for the heads up on those unanswered posts. Brian and Sev7s talked about school in another thread which is why he never responded to that one.
    @Rainydayz179 Any ideas as to what would be inspiring? If you like I'll add Elliot and Emmanuel to the gallery and you can put them in your game. Would that help? Maybe re-reading the challenge rules? Maybe hearing someone else's process will help? I focused on what the relationship between these two would be like, and their distinct personalities. Things will grow and break as Emmanuel grows up, I think. He's become a pretty good kid, so hopefully there won't be too much drama. One day, he will notice the photos of Ezra in Elliot's room, and who knows how that will go. For the most part I'm planning on focusing on his life, too. He's an interesting kid with an interesting story, just like Rocket.

Maybe Brian could talk to Rocket about his childhood. Maybe Rocket goes to Brian's childhood home and finds the portal, then asks him about it later? That's just one avenue you could go in... hope any of this gives you an idea of what you want/don't want to do.
    @allysimbuilds Oh, those are some great ideas! I hadn't thought of taking Rocket to the old house. I'm thinking of using the alien world that someone created to restart my Xenophilia challenge with Brain's dad. I also had the thought of giving Brian a love interest after reading another story... sorry my brain isn't working to say who's since I seriously just spent like 2 hours reading blogs. :D
    Bahaha! We're in the same boat. I'd like to give Elliot a love interest, too, but... that' so much work! :D
    Last night I set up and started playing the challenge. It's so fun! Now I have to write out the first few chapters (I'm pretty far already :D )

@Rainydayz179 and @Asaoyoru I was thinking about giving my parent, Daniel, a love interest, too! I was toying around with it being one of the other parents that he meets over the forum but I don't know. I mean, I haven't even started writing yet nor have I completely decided on my level of participation. Ah! I'm super excited.
    @allysimbuilds I was thinking of just making a sim and sticking them into a house next door or something?

@ny275 Hmm so a random parent they "meet" online would be a love interest?
    Hi everyone! Here is my latest chapter for the Alien Adoption Challenge on Leia and Oriana.
    https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/07/30/chapter-1-5-youre-a-mystery-youre-from-outer-space
    halthy_apple.png
    @Rainydayz179 - lol at the love interest....Leia has her hands full!