Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

start a legacy challenge together

Comments

• allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @SimQueenie9 what kind of house do you need? I'll make you one! >:)
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited July 2017
    @allysimbuilds XD I just need a four-bedroom house, preferably longer horizontally than it is vertically (in terms of width, not height). Oh, and the family only has about $41,000 if I sell everything they own.

(I built them a farmhouse-esque thing yesterday, and the outside was beautiful. The inside? Not so much...And they had no money left over to furnish it. x_x )

*will be forever indebted to yew*

BTW, did you follow my Shadow Children Challenge blog because you're interested in the challenge, or...?
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I totally don't need another challenge... seriously I have like 10 or so I'm playing off and on. Three of those are legacies. And yet when I saw @allysimbuilds posts on this one I was intrigued. This is like the Clone Challenge... but as a collab. Very neat idea. I liked @Arrowleaf 's idea of using it in a rotation... but my rotation (that I haven't been doing for like a year) has like 10 families and it would be forever before I got back to her. Hmm... I'll try to think of something. Is anyone doing this as a scored legacy? It looked like the rules were pretty minimal. Just curious.
    @Rainydayz179: *raises hand* I'm not. O.O
    @Rainydayz179: *raises hand* I'm not. O.O

I was just wondering since I haven't done one since the game first came out.
    @SimQueenie9 I'm a little crazy and follow everyone I get friendly with. My reading list is never-ending, but somehow I manage to stay up-to-date with everyone! I am interested in the challenge, which is why I followed the Shadow Children Challenge blog you have (I looked through the whole thing, but am not familiar with the challenge. Guess I need to do some research...) But I also did it to keep up with the stuff you're working on! If you have any other blogs, please let me know and I'll do my best to keep up with you!

@Rainydayz179 No scoring here either. PLEASE squeak this one in? I do is as my "fun" play? lol. I mean, all my projects are fun, but I'm not concerned with telling a deep story, or anything. it's just Elise's life! Don't pressure yourself, or bog yourself down, but I know I'd really love to see you join in! @swcheppes might be joining in, too!
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited July 2017
    So I started this and here's the first week in the life of my Elise Robinson.

I gave her a makeover and gave her the wanting to be rich aspiration. I also changed loving the outdoors trait to materialistic. I felt like that fit her aspiration better.

First day we needed to get a job. We choose politics.
    eZMoNae.png

We needed money since our job didn't start yet so we went a digging.
    ZNHG4C9.png

I used the money we had left over after buying our family knight and built a tiny house. Who cares if it has no furniture in it.
    nubJp1Y.png

The first week was spent being social. We met some new friends.
    9hMdkjt.png

And boys.
    0eywudD.png

Lots of boys!
    7HK76cE.png
    vsmAue9.png

We also gained a creepy stalker.
    Ch4okST.png

suRdkSd.jpg
    @swcheppes Ha! So many boys, but I would also consider the stalker as one of the boy options...I mean, clearly he wants to be! ;)
    @Rainydayz179 No scoring here either. PLEASE squeak this one in? I do is as my "fun" play? lol. I mean, all my projects are fun, but I'm not concerned with telling a deep story, or anything. it's just Elise's life! Don't pressure yourself, or bog yourself down, but I know I'd really love to see you join in! @swcheppes might be joining in, too!

*sigh* I cannot resist a new challenge. And a collab sounds like lots of fun. Murkland is my goof off save. Whim Challenge and ISBI are pretty much no thought challenges too. I'm going to do it scored. Take her down to no skills,ect. Wish me luck! I'm going to go re-read the legacy rules now.
    @allysimbuilds: Heh. I'm still trying to piece the challenge together (i.e. decide what rules would best fit the Canon and-or spirit of the books). And there are so many interactions and crafting items, etc., that it's a bit overwhelming (which is why the blog is so...unfinished and disorganized). It doesn't help that I'm not sure anyone besides me would actually play it, given that unlike Harry Potter or GoT, the Shadow Children series is so little-known.

Mostly, what I'm currently working on has nothing to do with Sims, however. I've always wanted to blog a legacy like yours, with plot developments and interesting heirs and such...But I can't ever seem to get the hang of it. :/
    I've always wanted to blog a legacy like yours, with plot developments and interesting heirs and such...But I can't ever seem to get the hang of it. :/

If you ever want help blogging PM me. I use WordPress... I'm familiar with Blogger too but don't really like it. It's hard to interact with readers with that one.
    edited July 2017
    @Rainydayz179: I pretty much know how to use a blog. It's just that I make all these founders with the intention of trying to make their lives interesting and document it, but then I get fatigued or something and give up (probably because they rarely do or want to do anything that interesting on their own, and I have next to no creativity to speak of), and just focus on making sure they survive. It's hard to put into words exactly what happens...
    @SimQueenie9 You're doing a really good job with this challenge... maybe the thing is doing it with someone? That keeps you interested?
    @allysimbuilds: Yeah, it keeps me accountable, to where I can't just give up and nobody else will be the wiser.

That's why I love doing collabs. ^w^
    Anyone else singing "hey Mrs. Robinson" playing this? Just me? LOL I'm breaking the rules and doing Windenburg. I already did a legacy in Willow Creek.
    edited July 2017
    @Rainydayz179: And now that song is going to be stuck in my head. ;~;
    @Rainydayz179: And now that song is going to be stuck in my head. ;~;

You're welcome! :D:p
    @Rainydayz179: Thank yew. ;~;
    edited July 2017
    @SimQueenie9 Okay, don't hate me for spending your household's cash...but! The kids rooms don't have any toys in them, but I have a feeling you'll fill them up soon enough. :D Feel free to make changes and such as you like! I'd personally add a back porch and entertainment space... but that's just me! ;)

Edit: Fixing link! Darned cookies...
    Edit: In the gallery, #allysimbuilds username is AllysimBuilds. Its the "Restored Farm House."
    Mwahahaha! I have my starter chapter written and my legacy spreadsheet ready to go! I'm just trying to decide what job to give her. I was thinking one of the active careers. Hmm...

@allysimbuilds I followed you on the gallery. ;)
    @allysimbuilds: My jaw dropped when I saw the inside of that house. The kitchen and bathrooms, especially, were just gorgeous. What's your secret?!

(I gave them three toys to share. That'll be enough for now. I considered giving them a dollhouse, but then I thought about the fact that the kids---Rebeca, especially---would be constantly smashing it, and I was like, Oh yes, that's exactly what I need to deal with right now.)

BTW, are you familiar with the Shadow Children series, and could I add you to Origin or something for help?

@Rainydayz179: Is your starter chapter on your blog somewhere? o:
    @Rainydayz179: Is your starter chapter on your blog somewhere? o:

Not yet. It'll publish tomorrow, though.
    @Rainydayz179: Do you have any idea if the nightlights that came with Parenthood are effective against the Monster Under the Bed? Or is it still just the Coolala Light?
    @Rainydayz179: Do you have any idea if the nightlights that came with Parenthood are effective against the Monster Under the Bed? Or is it still just the Coolala Light?

I thought I read somewhere that the new ones worked for the monster but they didn't work for me sadly. I'm tired of the look of the darned Coolala lights!
    @Rainydayz179: ikr?! They're so large and clunky and ugly. O-x