Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    From my TOP 5. :)

@charlotteprice thanks for the Lovely Layers, Little Gentleman and Pixie Blossom Crown !!! <3

@lasummerb thanks for the Wrap Gown !!! <3

@lilrosaleen thanks for the Off-Shoulder Gown !!! <3

These are beautiful. Thank you!!! :)

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :D
  • rebekah_lindseyrebekah_lindsey Posts: 27 Member
    Top 5 Updated as of 7/23/2017

1. Festoon to the Honeymoon- 19 SimPoints
    2. Upper Left Untamed Wall Ivy- 25 SimPoints
    3. Upper Untamed Wall Ivy- 25 SimPoints
    4. Upper Right Untamed Wall Ivy- 25 SimPoints
    5. Middle Untamed Wall Ivy- 25 SimPoints

Thank you to @LillaGrisen for telling me how to save my wishlist order. It worked great! And a quick question to anyone and everyone. I want to get Island Paradise but I've heard it messes with your game. Extreme lag, crashing, etc... If anyone has this game can you tell me if it's okay to get or if I should just avoid it and get University Life instead.
  • rebekah_lindseyrebekah_lindsey Posts: 27 Member
    Forgot to post that my username on the store is rebekah_lindsey3 and the link to my wishlist is:

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=rebekah_lindsey3
  • BluessunBluessun Posts: 139 Member
    > @rebekah_lindsey said:
    > And a quick question to anyone and everyone. I want to get Island Paradise but I've heard it messes with your game. Extreme lag, crashing, etc... If anyone has this game can you tell me if it's okay to get or if I should just avoid it and get University Life instead.

The world (Isla Paradiso) that comes with Island Paradise is a nightmare (lags can be extreme), other than that, had no issues with the rest, not even with houseboats or taxiboats on other maps. You should get the one you want and going to use more.
    Sims 3 PC monitor is discontinued due severe freeze and/or sunburn! Yeah, I'm a nut, so give me a cracker... With cheese, please..
    "I knew this was a great idea! But you should have told me how bad it actually is..."
    edited August 2017
    With proper links;

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15928443/#Comment_15928443
    Post edited by Bluessun on
    Sims 3 PC monitor is discontinued due severe freeze and/or sunburn! Yeah, I'm a nut, so give me a cracker... With cheese, please..
    "I knew this was a great idea! But you should have told me how bad it actually is..."
  • justinbieberffljustinbieberffl Posts: 5 New Member
    Hmm, my wishlist is a huge mess at the moment since I've only just begun to add items to it after thinking I'd like to own the store. I'm sure it's impossible, but maybe I could get some advice on its organisation?

Top Five and link to Wishlist page below:

1. Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set - 407 SimPoints

2. Back 2 Skool - 693 SimPoints

3. Street Couture - Kids and Teens - 475 SimPoints

4. Street Couture - 725 SimPoints

5. Luxe Kidswears - 1,000 SimPoints

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=justinbieberffl
  • DwebbleDwebble Posts: 3 New Member
    @rebekah_lindsey

Go for University Life, Island Paradise too laggy from beginning to end
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hiya! I've been away for more than two months, but I just put the game on the side, and only recently got back.
    I've updated my top 5

Btw. How are you all? What's new? :)
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited July 2017
    @ninaumi I'd say it's been pretty quiet here for the last couple of weeks. I don't know if you've noticed, but the ads have been removed as they were not paying out and EA claims that they're working on fixing that issue. No ads = no gifting (with the exception of that one ninja) = no activity in the gifting thread.
    On a brighter note, @lauravonawesome has given us this ironically accurate depiction of most TS3-simmers to entertain us in the meantime :mrgreen:
    1rzksn.jpg

@justinbieberffl At the moment you only have sets in your WL. While people may feel inclined to gift you entire sets, most people don't have that kind of sp banked, especially as the ads are gone at the moment. It would be wiser to split the sets (that can be split up) into individual items, so that people can send you smaller gift which will count toward you CYS-discount on their respective sets which in turn may be cheaper for both you and the gifters.
    While I'm at it I might as well recommend heading over to the DD-thread and check it out; it can be quite the time- and sp-saver if you're planning on joining the "Own the Store"-club :smile:
    Edit: I almost forgot! If you want to have sets in your WL, try to make sure they don't overlap. "The Monarch Suite", for one, contains a great deal of items (if memory serves right) from the "Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear"-set, and the "Double Down Poker and Roulette Bundle" is actually part of the "Up the Ante Compilation".
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Welcome to all the new (to me, at least) people :)

@justinbieberffl To add to what @LillaGrisen mentioned, items from many of the sets you listed come up on the daily deal rotation, which can lead to sets being free or very cheap later on and will help you get the most value out of whatever SP you have.

This thread has all the info you need, including spreadsheets to find out when a certain deal comes up in your time zone. If you're like me and your time zone isn't listed, pick the closest one and figure out what time a particular deal is at for you.

Worth noting: you can't gift DD or sale items to other players; you can only buy them for yourself.

I really hope the ads come back soon. Not being able to send you guys nice things takes so much of the fun out of it for me.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    Thank you so much to Little Miss Ninja - @charlotteprice for all my wonderful gifts my sims won't know what's hit them with all their fineries :P Also if I haven't said so before @lilrosaleen thank you for the stunning pretty pearls outfit and @taratownie thank you for the mayflower hat it will be used for many-a-feast party ;)

So I basically smashed up my laptop by accident, my knee connected the side of my laptop and it went flying, it's still usable but the screw holder near my charging port broke and my charging port is now loose :\ but it's why I haven't been around so much plus it's school holidays so it's all busy, busy, busy lol.

Also for Isla Paradiso - i've had no problems as of yet with lag and that's saying something for what laptop i'm on lol
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
    What a pleasant surprise from @charlotteprice :smiley: It's a nice feeling now that I know I can pay back with creations too, since it seems that they don't offer ads on store page in my country.

Top 5 updated. :)
    edited July 2017
    @ninaumi welcome back. :)

at the moment, ads are disabled for everyone as they are thoroughly broken. no word on when or if they'll be reactivated~ the most recent response from EA_Mai is:

Hi everyone,

As you have already noticed, the option to watch ads is not available right now.

We are investigating the issue we have been talking about in this thread. We didn't want you to watch ads and not get the SimPoints in return, so we have temporarily disabled them while we look into it.

I will keep you updated in this thread with any new information.

Thanks for you patience,

-Mai

Also just logged into my store account and noticed that my top 5 have again fallen victim to the sneaky ninja tactics of @charlotteprice ~ you've even made jazz age wear free at dd 750, so extra thanks are in order; what a lovely surprise, and thank you so much! :heart::cookie:

new top 5 coming soon in signature!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited July 2017
    HOLY MOLY.

@charlotteprice did you gift me the remaining of my wish list!?

You totally did!!!

D-Does this REALLY mean I no longer need a Top 5?! Oh my goodness!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you SO VERY MUCH. I really, really appreciate it!

Cannot believe I'm literally this close to owning the store. Oh, my goodness! <3

Posted a very long thank you, to all of you in the spoiler <3 Also can be found in my "Top 5" post here.
    THANK Y'ALL SO VERY MUCH. I APPRECIATE THE GENEROSITY DEEPLY.

No longer in need of a Top 5, thanks to y'all lovely people! I am very close to owning the store. Only need to snag a final set off the Daily Deals and I'm part of the club!

Thank you all for the gifts, whether it be from a giveaway/lotto or from you just randomly being generous:
    @angeljess26, @brandi22, @Jojo777, @Tamaek, @JovialJoy, @skyeseeker, @charlotteprice (thank you for constantly flooding me & others with gifts, you gifting ninja! Also, thanks for the unused codes with Limited Edition Sims 3 DLC items - Katy Perry Showtime, Island Paradise, University Life Party Pack, Into the Future! Lastly, thanks for the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center! Still haven't forgotten), @Jude525, @rednenemon (thank you Wilderness Dreaming set!), @Anmirla, @Ulling, @despina53, @Taw3001 (thank your for Milkin' It Dairy Corral among many other gifts from a lotto), @Karnzter, @ZeeGee, @Breazona, @Maera, @Tahera, @MariTomKaulitZ, @ajaxpost (thank you for Large as Life Movie Screen among another lovely gift!), @limegreenqueen101, @elphieluvr, @Sweet2, @victoriae350, @ApparentlyAwesome, @Kitiara (thank you for constantly flooding my giftbox with gifts, my friend. I swear every time I was having a bad day, you'd make it much better with your generosity), @LillaGrisen, @gnlovew, @Ktarian (thank you, my friend, for the Olympian Physique among another lovely gift!), @KATENESS, @debbycanty, @scillakees (Thank you thank you thank so very much for Midnight Hollow Gold and your other lovely gift), @Jahnna, @minimonXI, @gr1zzly, @SemaviLady, @Hoplass, @LiliasSeras, @wannie00 (thank you for the Auto-Noms Automatic Pet Feeding Station), @LadyMarmelade01, @Dusty_Boots (thank you for all your lovely gifts, especially LUNAR LAKES), @aricarai, @lauravonawesome (thank you very much for the several generous gifts you gave me <3), @Readalot1, @ziutobol12345678, @Sandpitturtle, @Kylieb191, @SuppaStarin, @Me1620, @Kb777, @lasummerb, @Gamefreak130, @mycami21, @Yoschi334, @sookielee, @Aeriexo11, @simhead70, @lilrosaleen, @taratownie.

Thank you all for the helpful threads in the store section:
    First and foremost, thank you @Reachsims for starting this thread, because without it, I wouldn't have come close at all obtaining store items without the help of this amazing thread.
    Thank you @brandi22 for the new member welcoming thread you have in the store section, because without it, I wouldn't have known how to become a member.
    Thank you @rosemow for you guidance in brandi22's welcoming thread for newbies (and just in general); you're very helpful with not only the Sims 3 community but also with the Sims 4 community. The simming community appreciates you greatly!
    Thank you @Franny for the thread about Sims 3 additional store items! That thread was my guide to adding individual items to my wish list. Additionally, thank you for the thread about the Animal Abound cascade.
    Thank you @pegasas1993 for the thread that showed all the FREE store items, alongside The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (which I got earlier this year)!
    Thank you @LadybugLeslie for the Cascades thread! It was very helpful. I didn't go through it until much later and it came of great use for me when it came to DD rotation.
    Thank you @vampyrelucia for the Complete a Set thread. Because of the thread, I was able to knock off set after set.
    Thank you @Me1620, @rnramey, @ajaxpost, @Jude525 and all other staff (old and new) for maintaining the DD thread. Because of this thread, I saved a significant amount of simpoints and discovered the Spreadsheet, CYS calculator, and so much more!

If I missed you, just know that I'm appreciative of EVERY last one of y'all in TS3 Gifting/Store Community. Thank y'all once again. Best community ever! <3
    Post edited by Nomiko13 on
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • KikyoMibuKikyoMibu Posts: 18 Member
    Link to my store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=KikyoMibu# The items I need from these sets are on there.
    1. Tutor of Tudors (pieces are in the wishlist)
    2. Fifth Avenue Fashions (pieces are in the wishlist)
    3. Collectionne Stäncké (pieces are in the wishlist)
    4. Date Night (pieces are in the wishlist)
    5. Stiff as a Board, Light as a Feather Dance Collection
    edited July 2017
    @ninaumi welcome back. :)

at the moment, ads are disabled for everyone as they are thoroughly broken. no word on when or if they'll be reactivated~ the most recent response from EA_Mai is:

Hi everyone,

As you have already noticed, the option to watch ads is not available right now.

We are investigating the issue we have been talking about in this thread. We didn't want you to watch ads and not get the SimPoints in return, so we have temporarily disabled them while we look into it.

I will keep you updated in this thread with any new information.

Thanks for you patience,

-Mai

Also just logged into my store account and noticed that my top 5 have again fallen victim to the sneaky ninja tactics of @charlotteprice ~ you've even made jazz age wear free at dd 750, so extra thanks are in order; what a lovely surprise, and thank you so much! :heart::cookie:

new top 5 coming soon in signature!

Yes, but I wasn't getting ads even before that. :( I just had one, which gave me 10 SP.

Congratulations, @Nomiko13 ! :heart:
  • Lady.DarklingLady.Darkling Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello, just started playing again after a while! Here's my list:
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Lady_Darkling
    1. Japanese Inspired Living Compilation
    2. Fair Folk Furnishings (Slumber and Den)
    3. Storybrook Bedroom Set
    4. Braided Bun
    5. Peek-a-Boo Bathing Suit

Thank You!
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Thank you @ninaumi & @Astreia <3
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    Thank you so much @charlotteprice :)

Wonderful suprise, totally made my day :)

Now I really need to spam some more comments (19 to go after this) so I can edit my post and update my top 5.
    edited July 2017
    Thank you so much @charlotteprice for all the gorgeous outfits and bavarian topper ^_^, I really do need to make a new top 5 now lol thanks to you I managed to get Waning Moon for 45sp and i'll be waiting for oktoberfest to come around so that will be free ^_^ so i've only got 2 sets to go which is Victorian Fashion at 33% and Fifth Avenue Fashion at,off the top of my head, 66% ^_^ :D

I wish I could gift you all, keeping fingers crossed that the blue button is brought back soon. Welcome to all the new people that have arrived by the way :)
    Post edited by Kylieb191 on
    Zpj9msL.png
    edited August 2017
    For now, I'm done untill I change my mind ;)

Thank you to all gifters!!

Now, lets get simming :)
    Post edited by Bluessun on
    I went to go see what I wanted to put into my top 5 and I spotted something that said view item right at the bottom of my list and realised what had happened, @jobug1015 !!! Thank you so, so, so, so much for The Boardwalk!!! :open_mouth:. I don't know what else to say, apart from i'm glad i'm sitting down right now lol. Thank you so much again! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Zpj9msL.png
    thanks again to @jobug1015 for gifting me 4 of my top 5 :)

updated top 5 is in my signature~ thanks again!