Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Sims 5 before 2020? I think it's safe to say!

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I feel like this game is going to be around longer than the others. It is taking too much time to get expansions out. With the console added, it will definitely be around for another 3-4 years.

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Again they are pointing to the game picking up steam in the last year..
    "Notably, Sims 4 expansion packs continue to perform extremely well, and the last twelve months have been the best in the title’s history."

Nice find. I don't see it ending either in 2019 that's a little too soon for what needs to come to the game to complete the game and cycle. I don't think we'll get everything from past iterations and most that comes to this iteration is revamped of course. I'm banking on most of the supernaturals from the past, universities, pets or course, some sort of weather or seasons, tropical beaches, stardom of some sort, maybe something that focuses on romance (like honeymoons ect). I'm also expecting some things that they know we are interested in .. farming especially and other ideas that haven't been fleshed out before. Obviously we know we have the laundry pack coming. I'm still hoping for a dangerous type pack or for those ideas to be scattered into other packs. I don't see this all being packed up by 2019, not at all.
    They keep focusing on live service also. It's like they want to grab that market and work it for as long as possible for games that are popular.
    Who knows we might be getting updates even as they bring out a new title in the future.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sims 1 console was released in 2003, with The Sims 2 being confirmed AND actual gameplay shown at the GC 2003 event, later that year.

I don't think this means TS5 is far away nor do I think it's imminent, but I personally feel the console release really has no impact.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sims 1 console was released in 2003, with The Sims 2 being confirmed AND actual gameplay shown at the GC 2003 event, later that year.

I don't think this means TS5 is far away nor do I think it's imminent, but I personally feel the console release really has no impact.

Yeah, The Sims 1 though was a standalone game and the only thing it shared with it's PC counterpart was the voice actors.

The Sims 4 for console is a direct port, that's been made to support future content as well. They've made it know several times in the blog they plan on expanding it in the future and its just the start.

So that seems interesting that they're pushing that statement, on the eve of a usually "sequel announcement" year.

You'd hope so! It's been the best selling PC game since it came out. Something unique to The Sims 4, lol.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It really seems like that's the case.

Makes me sad. I want the Sims 4 to have nothing to do with the 20th anniversary of The Sims.

I am going to sound really nasty but I agree with this.

Why should TS4, an incomplete watered down game be regarded as worthy of being part of the 20th Anniversery when there where three good games before it and hopfully a good game to follow.

A new Sims game always brings new opportunities and TS4 is not really 'new' anymore.

A lot f players are waiting around for something exciting and I do not see much of that coming from TS4
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited July 2017
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    So it seems EA are going to deliver The Sims 4 to consoles at the end of the year WITH DLC available (unless Perfect Patio Stuff is completely random).

In a normal Sims cycle, The Sims 5 would be announced next year before mid year so it can be discussed around E3 time (EA would use EA Play). But it makes no logical sense that they would move on to The Sims 5 if they have just solidified The Sims 4 on alternate platforms, as well as launching The Sims Mobile, will which take on future content of The Sims 4 as well.

So do you think it's safe to say, The Sims 5 isn't coming until next decade? I can almost see The Sims 5 only starting development in 2020, as part of an announcement for The Sims anniversary, and The Sims 4 continuing past the 20th anniversary.

It just seems sill to launch The Sims 4 on console, with actual Expansions etc. for them to stop within the next two years.
    Especially with The Sims Mobile, since with the announcement of The Sims 5, TSM would be seen as outdated.

Thoughts?

Yes I agree for a few reasons.

a) They came out and told us this one would run longer
    b) The infrastructure of the game seems designed to handle a much larger load than previous titles
    c) They are still a long way from fulfilling the basic wishlist of themes for TS4
    d) They closed the Original Sims Studio not long ago and it's unknown how many of those developers were reassigned
    internally.
    e) I'm not sure they have the Human resources to split the talent pool between two titles in light of (d)
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I don't know what their thought process is on it, but if I was in their shoes, I would start TS5 development as early as now, even if it was only with a team of 5 people working on an engine or something. I would chip away at it and do some experimenting to build base tools and infrastructure that will make it as efficient as possible to develop features for TS5. I would then tuck these resources away, if necessary, until a full team is ready to be put together without rushing TS4 to an end. This team would focus on infrastructure and efficiency as well, but in a more fleshed-out feature kind of focus that the user will be able to play with (e.g. things like CAS and Build Mode). Then phase three would be taking all that infrastructure and creating the base game "content." All of this process aimed at making TS5 something that blows all of the previous titles out of the water.

Is such a process logistically sound from a money standpoint? I dunno. But that's how I would do it, off the top of my head, if other factors allowed it.

Will they do anything like that? Who knows. But my suspicion is that they are ready to extend out TS4 beyond "normal" length precisely so that they have more time to work on a TS5 and ensure that the base game doesn't get the same kind of criticisms TS4 did.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited July 2017
    @king_of_simcity7

This game is not "watered" down anything. Its an extremely well made Sims game and a fine addition to the series. It has every bit of a reason to be a part of the 20th anniversary and people who dont like that will just have to seethe, I guess.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    It really seems like that's the case.

Makes me sad. I want the Sims 4 to have nothing to do with the 20th anniversary of The Sims.

I am going to sound really nasty but I agree with this.

Why should TS4, an incomplete watered down game be regarded as worthy of being part of the 20th Anniversery when there where three good games before it and hopfully a good game to follow.

A new Sims game always brings new opportunities and TS4 is not really 'new' anymore.

A lot f players are waiting around for something exciting and I do not see much of that coming from TS4

I agree with your assessment. The Sims franchise has been SimCitied and Mass Effected. Sad.
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    i think sims 5 is going to be released at the same time as the elder scrolls 6
    both huge games would sure spice things up if released at the same period.
    @king_of_simcity7

This game is not "watered" down anything. Its an extremely well made Sims game and a fine addition to the series. It has every bit of a reason to be a part of the 20th anniversary and people who dont like that will just have to seethe, I guess.

You not been on these forums for long? :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    @king_of_simcity7

What does that have to do with the poster's opinion of the game?
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    @king_of_simcity7

Most players are disappointed in TS4
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @king_of_simcity7

no they aren't
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    @king_of_simcity7

oh i miss the "Haha" button.
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    @king_of_simcity7

So you say. Anyway what others think has nothing to do with how that poster feels about the game.
  • MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    I think you all gonna wait a long time, they said during E3 that they aren't working on a new sim game (he Sims 5), didn't seem like they had plan to do it in a near future, so IF they ever decide to make the Sims 5, which is a big IF, you need to give them about 3-4 years to work on the game, so let's say in 2018 they decide that they want to make the Sims 5, then that mean you won't see anything probably before 2022.

But then again there's absolutely nothing that says there will be a Sims 5, all that was confirmed is that they are not currently working on a next Sims game.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I
    MissCherie wrote: »
    I think you all gonna wait a long time, they said during E3 that they aren't working on a new sim game (he Sims 5), didn't seem like they had plan to do it in a near future, so IF they ever decide to make the Sims 5, which is a big IF, you need to give them about 3-4 years to work on the game, so let's say in 2018 they decide that they want to make the Sims 5, then that mean you won't see anything probably before 2022.

But then again there's absolutely nothing that says there will be a Sims 5, all that was confirmed is that they are not currently working on a next Sims game.

I had a thought who says they're gonna name it sim 5
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I
    MissCherie wrote: »

I had a thought who says they're gonna name it sim 5

Who said it will even be a Sims game, as an old joke was 'by TS5 everything will be removed, even The Sims themselves!' :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimplyRoyalSimplyRoyal Posts: 174 Member
    Tbh, I'm content with all the sims games for now. But usually, EA releases the sims game every 4-5 years. (Every sims game has come out every 4 years except the sims 2). So The Sims 5 will come out roughly maybe 2019-2021. :wink: My goal is to buy all sims 3 ep & stuffs (minus medieval) and sims 4 ep's + sp and most of the sims 2 eps (maybe some sp) ALL BEFORE THE SIMS 5 COMES OUT! :smiley: Wish me luck
    ❀ ✿A best friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find, lucky to have.❀ ✿
    <3
  • jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    I see you are still making these sort of threads then @jackjack_k !

What? Logical predictions that dissapoint you?

Nope, I find it difficult to be disappointed with things I don't care about so don't presume I do lol!! And no Jack I'm not talking about your "logical" "predictions" I'm talking about these threads where you claim something will happen because you're so accurate with your predictions right? Then get super argumentative with everyone else if they don't agree with your opinion. Happens every time :)

When have I predicted something that hasn't happened? :smirk: My track record is pretty good.

I never get argumentitive when someone doesn't agree with my opionons :joy: I only get argumentative if someone claims I'm posting false info.

And you know what happenes everytime? I post a source, and people backtrack.

You are so full of it.... :/
    @jusMeh wrote: »
    I see you are still making these sort of threads then @jackjack_k !

What? Logical predictions that dissapoint you?

Nope, I find it difficult to be disappointed with things I don't care about so don't presume I do lol!! And no Jack I'm not talking about your "logical" "predictions" I'm talking about these threads where you claim something will happen because you're so accurate with your predictions right? Then get super argumentative with everyone else if they don't agree with your opinion. Happens every time :)

When have I predicted something that hasn't happened? :smirk: My track record is pretty good.

I never get argumentitive when someone doesn't agree with my opionons :joy: I only get argumentative if someone claims I'm posting false info.

And you know what happenes everytime? I post a source, and people backtrack.

You are so full of it.... :/

It's not being "full of it" when people claim things about you, and then time and time again, can't prove it.

If you're going to claim something about someone, you better have examples ready.
    edited July 2017
    @king_of_simcity7

Then why did EA literally just say that it's been one of the best years for The Sims, and The Sims 4 has charted better on global PC charts than The Sims 3? Why did a Guru acknowledge that The Sims 4 is about to outsell The Sims 2 on PC? Why are EA confident that The Sims 4 on console will be able to sell WITH EPs/SPs/GPs, when they previously weren't with The Sims 3 console?

You are not "most players" you are the minority.