Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Landscaping Stuff Pack?

Comments

• JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I would love to have a Landscaping SP!! We can ever have too many plants, flowers, and exterior decor items. I would love for it to include automatic garden sprinklers too. :)
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Treleifin wrote: »
    Dual purpose sprinklers maybe? Not only for busy sims with no watering time, but also for kids/toddlers to play under?

Sounds neat! That and kids/teens could sort of set up a prank with it. Like the next time someone uses it for playing around, it sprays them with a blast of water so hard it knocks them over and gives them a negative moodlet with the tagline "All Washed Up" or something witty like that.
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    Treleifin wrote: »
    Dual purpose sprinklers maybe? Not only for busy sims with no watering time, but also for kids/toddlers to play under?

Of course!
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • SisselinSisselin Posts: 150 Member
    I love this idea and greenhouse and sprinklers for watering and playing in on hot summer days is awesome! I would also love to have som kind of vertical planter for crops to grow upwards and you can put it on the wall or something
    Get my cc and follow me on tumblr here https://sisselin.tumblr.com/tagged/my cc
    tumblr_p44az47wrF1wvxve9o10_r1_1280.png
  • Chuck_DegenerateChuck_Degenerate Posts: 44 Member
    This would probably be the only SP I'd ever be convinced to buy. :P I feel like even with all the plant/outdoor CC I have, my lots look too same-y; the more content to make the game look more lively, the better.
    This would probably be the only SP I'd ever be convinced to buy. :P I feel like even with all the plant/outdoor CC I have, my lots look too same-y; the more content to make the game look more lively, the better.

Agreed. That's a big issue I currently have when doing landscaping around my lots.
  • reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    I'm always in for anything building! Rather, the current selection of plants... or lack of it, is something I'll never get over. Goodness forbid if I let my garden irl look as bland as it does in TS4, especially with no landscaping tool now.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    edited July 2017
    I love the idea of a landscaping stuff pack, but I would like to see actual landscaping gameplay, like...........
    Hedge Trimming
    Lawnmowing
    Leaf Raking
    weed wacking
    Leaf and lawn bagging.
    Flowers to grow, pick, vase or give as gift
    etc.....
    > @magooo63 said:
    > I love the idea of a landscaping stuff pack, but I would like to see actual landscaping gameplay, like...........
    > Hedge Trimming
    > Lawnmowing
    > Leaf Raking
    > weed wacking
    > Leaf and lawn bagging.
    > Flowers to grow, pick, vase or give as gift
    > etc.....

Yes! This is good ideas!
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Yes! I have been wanting more things for landscaping. In TS3 I always put ponds on my bigger lots.

If they make this as a gp then they could add a crap ton of landscaping stuff and some cool gameplay related items like sprinklers, that square wood frame one from TS3 store would be nice, greenhouses, more gardening plants, composter. Gardener career would be nice.
    This:
    Greenhouse%204.jpg

Older, weathered, and different types of siding.
    Like wood shingle siding, I used this all the time in TS3. Like this:
    MTS_Jcasjr-909898-3.jpg
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
    Yes! I have been wanting more things for landscaping. In TS3 I always put ponds on my bigger lots.

If they make this as a gp then they could add a plum ton of landscaping stuff and some cool gameplay related items like sprinklers, that square wood frame one from TS3 store would be nice, greenhouses, more gardening plants, composter. Gardener career would be nice.
    This:
    Greenhouse%204.jpg

Older, weathered, and different types of siding.
    Like wood shingle siding, I used this all the time in TS3. Like this:
    MTS_Jcasjr-909898-3.jpg

Oooh yes~ I forgot how pretty and detailed the Sims 3 could be. Back on topic, the return of Gardening as a career would be very nice.
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    I would love this idea too. I have always wanted flowers and trees like sims 2, where you water them and they grow. How awesome would it be if you plant a baby tree and by the time the kids are teens, the tree grew really tall? That would be perfect with seasons, who's with me? :):):smile:
  • OoAtomicKittenoOOoAtomicKittenoO Posts: 47 Member
    Ooh, that would be so nice!
    I would love this idea too. I have always wanted flowers and trees like sims 2, where you water them and they grow. How awesome would it be if you plant a baby tree and by the time the kids are teens, the tree grew really tall? That would be perfect with seasons, who's with me? :):):smile:

They should bring back the beanstalk from The Sims now that you got me thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDr-kSsp_Zc

I'd like to see that happen too. ^^
  • nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    These are such exciting ideas!! TS4 really lacks landscaping options, so I really hope we'll get a pack containing all these wonderful ideas. Fingers crossed. :smiley:<3
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    More building tools would be GREAT! I really hope we get that soon. Building on flat land with no good landscaping tools is a real drag!
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• RueSaultRueSault Posts: 116 Member
    What about optional sprinklers you can purchase in buy/build mode that activate and water your plants for you? Would save a lot of time for gardening sims. I had to get rid of my family's garden because it took the patriarch 24 sim hours to maintain, and he didn't have the time for that, lol.

Only the most diehard of my greenthumbed sims will even have a garden anymore due to how long it takes to water/weed/harvest/etc their garden. Even with a gardener most of the time my plants don't get watered as much as they "need"...

I, too, would like to see more landscaping items... MORE FLOWERS!!!... I feel like Sims4 is lacking in flowers and grasses and other landscaping novelties... bridges would be awesome to see too...
  • magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    I also would love to see, not only sprinklers for the lawn, but the sims themselves actually watering the lawn with a hose. if you don't water the lawn it should turn brown.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    The only thing I liked about the Sims 3 store was that you could ignore all the furniture objects and buy all the building items, which was a bit like having a personal stuff pack for your Simoleons!

I would, at the very least like the landscaping option to remove some of those trees that are placed right in front of the lot you are building on and you have to zoom right in to see what you are doing. If the terrain tools wouldn't work in Sims 4, more background terrain pictures to replace the current ones, like a snow scene for example with snow to fill in the lots to match?
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    This is an awesome idea landscaping and building pack.
  • leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    A landscaping pack would be awesome, it is one of my favorite things to do in the game! How cool would it be if we could alter the land height, like in some of the previous games, and lots that were multi level etc, prob impossible for them to create for the sims 4 now though?
    rzsH227.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Some may see it as a waste, but I kind of want other variations of Oak Trees... I'm starting not to like the one we have.

I'd like Hollow Logs, could have interaction for pets to sleep in, and maybe toddlers (Get bitten by spiders/bugs if they do).

I don't know I don't really have problems with landscaping, it's more of just building.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    I'd love a garden themed pack. I second the sprinklers or hose idea. I miss the sims 3 one (but not my sims and random Townies always hoping in the water). A hidden underground watering system would be nice. Like the fire sprinklers, they don't really exist but maybe a box on the outside wall and you turn it on/off to water the plants on the lot?

Way more breeds of flowers and trees is what I'd love the most tho.
    Im really hoping this pack or something like it comes out >\\\< but until then there is always tmexs terrain pack and the hills of eostre which are both great =)
    Sisselin wrote: »
    Im really hoping this pack or something like it comes out >\\\< but until then there is always tmexs terrain pack and the hills of eostre which are both great =)

Mhm. Bless the modding community for fixing EA's mishaps.