Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I guess Chris would be a lot more like he was in his teenage years. Though I think he would find a way to blame himself for not seeing how bad his mothers marrige went.
    Maybe he would still hate Tony cause he brought them in danger but not enough to bring him to jail. I think he would have moved out pretty soon if Beryl kept seeing Tony and ignoring probably even the heir role.
    I think even in that scenario he would ignore Celeste. Sorry but somehow those aren't working out together :D
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited July 2017
    Marialein wrote: »
    I guess Chris would be a lot more like he was in his teenage years. Though I think he would find a way to blame himself for not seeing how bad his mothers marrige went.
    Maybe he would still hate Tony cause he brought them in danger but not enough to bring him to jail. I think he would have moved out pretty soon if Beryl kept seeing Tony and ignoring probably even the heir role.
    I think even in that scenario he would ignore Celeste. Sorry but somehow those aren't working out together :D

@Marialein
    I agree, I too doubt him and Celeste would get along no matter what. The age gap is just too big for them to have any common ground. It's something like 15/16 years and I know that a 7 year age gap can put strain on a sibling relationship from experience so it'll be a lot worse if it's something that big. I think Chris would have a better relationship with Kellie though. They wouldn't have had that falling out because as you said Chris wouldn't really see Tony as a major issue, having not seen the consequences of being associated with him.

I also agree with him blaming himself. He wouldn't be to blame but he would do it anyway because he would feel he didn't pay that much attention.

Speaking of Celeste, I feel sorry for her. I wonder how Chris' attitude towards her and Kellie will shape her personality once she becomes a teenager. I'm imagining rebellious teenager, from what we've seen in @Maladi777 's signature, Chris will soon learn the consequences of ignoring Celeste. Is it evil to hope she's super rebellious because Chris deserves it for ignoring her, as long as she's not like it with Kellie, who at least tried?
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Bugsie2016 nope. That is not bad. We love our complicated and little bit destroyed sometimes angry characters. The nice ones get too quick boring ;)>:)
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    I agree with @Marialein . Chris would be (even) less mature and probably no cop xD Or maybe he would in order to protect the helpless from villains like the one who kidnapped his mother and him?
    The rest depends on whether Ronan would still be alive or not. If yes, he'd be a pretty sad boy once he's realized how bad Beryl's marriage is... Which would perhaps even deteriorate his relationship with Celeste, all the more because Ronan would of course prefer her of all three children. Chris would see in her what he doesn't have, namely an intact father-son-relationship. This could either lead to a reconciliation with Tony or to hatred again, blaming Tony for the fact that a wanted killer can't always be there for his son.

@Bugsie2016 Celeste will be super rebellious without doubt :smiley: I do think Chris deserves this although I pity Kellie who has always been the link between those two :s She'll suffer the most.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Yay, I can hope that there will be rebellion without seeming evil. I try to save the evil for my legacy. (Speaking of which, @Marialein ,i'm getting evil over there soon, just a quick warning.)

@MrsRacooney While I know all three Heffners are suffering right now, I feel more sorry for Celeste & Kellie than Chris. Afterall, both of them are parentless and Kellie is left to pick up the pieces around Chris. It's not as if Chris even tries to help but he just assumes Kellie will do it. The whole complaining about Kellie's cooking in the last chapter was annoying, it's not as if he really makes an effort. He can judge her food when he puts in some effort of his own. Full stop. Sorry for the rant, i'm just in a ranting mood right now.

However, I will give him credit for acknowledging Kellie's views on some things even if he didn't say them.

Anyone up for giving Chris points when he actually does something for Celeste or gives Kellie a break from it all?? When he gets to 50 points he can complain about something. It'll take him a while to get there the way he's going. Kellie will get some peace from Chris' moaning for a while at least.
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    @mypalsim1 Google Brendon Urie vines (or on Youtube) and you won't stop laughing for a looong time :sweat_smile:
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Another Discussion Question:
    What do you think Chris would be like if Beryl had survived?

Also, gonna keep a watch out for the casting call.

I think he would still be a playboy but more like the funny one. Now he is the mysterious one. Imo he wouldn't work for the police. Maybe he would have done something like business.
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited July 2017
    Celeste will be super rebellious without doubt :smiley: I do think Chris deserves this although I pity Kellie who has always been the link between those two :s She'll suffer the most.

It's not a secret that Celeste will be super rebellious. You have no idea what problems she will cause to Chris. No need to pity Kellie though. At least not because of Celeste. Kellie will have a whole different bunch of problems to worry about and Celeste won't be one of them. :D

If Beryl survived, Chris would indeed be very much like his teen self. He and Kellie would both become scientists. His relationship with Celeste would be normal, he would adore her. Beryl would divorce Ronan and she and Tony would still be secret lovers. Kellie would probably never meet Terry. Chris and Raven wouldn't be together and he wouldn't meet Emily either.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    @Sonschi will do.

@Maladi777 so...chapter any time soon?
    edited July 2017
    "mypalsim1 wrote:
    I'm currently at cca 2000 words. I could split the chapter in two, because the first part is almost finished, but I didn't plan it as two separate chapters. I want to give you something to read, but the perfectionist in me wants to follow the original plan and include both Tony's and Kellie's POVs.

heffners_orig.jpg
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    His dad wouldn't be where he is if Beryl lived.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Celeste will be super rebellious without doubt :smiley: I do think Chris deserves this although I pity Kellie who has always been the link between those two :s She'll suffer the most.

It's not a secret that Celeste will be super rebellious. You have no idea what problems she will cause to Chris. No need to pity Kellie though. At least not because of Celeste. Kellie will have a whole different bunch of problems to worry about and Celeste won't be one of them. :D

If Beryl survived, Chris would indeed be very much like his teen self. He and Kellie would both become scientists. His relationship with Celeste would be normal, he would adore her. Beryl would divorce Ronan and she and Tony would still be secret lovers. Kellie would probably never meet Terry. Chris and Raven wouldn't be together and he wouldn't meet Emily either.

Nice to hear that Kellie and Celeste will get along with each other! I like both of them so taking sides would be sad :'( Alternate reality sounds happy... but boring :D Although Chris and Kellie could save the world together from some supervirus B)
    And regarding the new chapter I'm totally voting for perfectionist you :) Waiting for a bit longer shall be fine.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Nice to hear that Kellie and Celeste will get along with each other!
    <insert evil laughter here>
    And regarding the new chapter I'm totally voting for perfectionist you :) Waiting for a bit longer shall be fine.
    Thanks for the support. I feel guilty for keeping you waiting. Must do things as I see them in my head though. I'd like to finish the chapter over the weekend, but can't promise anything as a friend of mine I haven't seen for months comes to visit. I plan do do a lot of writing this evening (and possibly night). Okay, I better stop talking and get back to work.

heffners_orig.jpg
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    aw @Bugsie2016 - Don't make my mind go there. :'(:'(:'( I cried for a week after Beryl died and then when I learned who pulled the trigger, I cried again. :'( Nope - not gonna even think about that. Hah! Carry on... :)
  • mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    "mypalsim1 wrote:
    I'm currently at cca 2000 words. I could split the chapter in two, because the first part is almost finished, but I didn't plan it as two separate chapters. I want to give you something to read, but the perfectionist in me wants to follow the original plan and include both Tony's and Kellie's POVs.

Well, I vote definitely don't split up the chapter. That just means more waiting. Although, waiting is now, so... Ah well, just wondering anyway. :)
    edited July 2017
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    aw @Bugsie2016 - Don't make my mind go there. :'(:'(:'( I cried for a week after Beryl died and then when I learned who pulled the trigger, I cried again. :'( Nope - not gonna even think about that. Hah! Carry on... :)

Wait a minute. I think you may have gotten the info about who pulled the trigger wrong. I hope you don't believe it was Chris. It wasn't him. He was only having a nightmare in which he saw himself do it, because he's suffering from survival guilt and he just sent his dad in jail. Mr. Lien, the man Tony is looking for, actually pulled the trigger. Had to clarify that.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Ohhhh!!!! All this time I really thought it was him and we only found out because of the nightmare! That's why I felt so bad for him! Not that I feel any less bad, watching that is horrible! Thank you for making me feel a tiny bit better. That sounds horrible!
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thanks for the support. I feel guilty for keeping you waiting. Must do things as I see them in my head though. I'd like to finish the chapter over the weekend, but can't promise anything as a friend of mine I haven't seen for months comes to visit. I plan do do a lot of writing this evening (and possibly night). Okay, I better stop talking and get back to work.

Okay...friend is gone?! Chapter soon? We are not very patient.... **taps foot**
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited August 2017

@pammiechick You can wait, it won't kill you. At least I don't think it will.......
    Let me see if that's a cause of death. *googles it* Google now think i'm dumb, thanks Pammie.

Time to go back to being evil to my own characters, oops, I mean very kind.... before google throws me off the internet for being dumb. *walks out muttering about google*
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Yeah! I need more Tony!
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    @pammiechick You can wait, it won't kill you. At least I don't think it will.......
    Let me see if that's a cause of death. *googles it* Google now think i'm dumb, thanks Pammie.

Time to go back to being evil to my own characters, oops, I mean very kind.... before google throws me off the internet for being dumb. *walks out muttering about google*

*whispers* Google remembers your queries!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

Almost done. Currently writing your pal Grayson. ;)
    It's eventful chapter. Some of you might think I'm sick for writing certain stuff. On the other hand I've learned not to underestimate you, my friends. Soon. Today or tomorrow at latest.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    Your sims are so beautiful, and your screenshots get more beautiful with every chapter. I just wish you would write them faster and I guess I'm not alone. :D
    Your sims are so beautiful, and your screenshots get more beautiful with every chapter. I just wish you would write them faster and I guess I'm not alone. :D

Nope you're not alone on that. I'm excited for the next chapter but I get that it takes a while to write a good chapter, especially ones as amazing as these (and i'm not just saying that because of the amount of sugar in my bloodstream right now :) ).

Nope you're not alone on that. I'm excited for the next chapter but I get that it takes a while to write a good chapter, especially ones as amazing as these.