Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Trait Ideas

Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
I'd like gullible, fashionista (is able to unlock new outfits and has a want to go and shop), motor-head, theatrically inclined, street smarts, pessimist, optimist, and aggressive

:)

Comments

• Options
    JoshuaSims0JoshuaSims0 Posts: 207 Member
    Yeah.
  • Options
    I think it'd be cool for motor-heads to "talk cars" with others. I think that it'd be funny to see the ones that have no idea what they are talking about get this dumbfounded look on their face with a question mark above them. They are able to grasp the handiness skill faster than the rest and get whims of owning the newest machines or machines that they don't even have yet.

Theatrically inclined could be more willing to donate/volunteer for the arts. They could get whims of wanting to be an actor and are easily promoted through the entertainer career. Could become a genius with music. Skills that have to do with art--singing, dancing, etc are able to be leveled up faster as well.

Street smart sims would have the uncanny ability to know when a joke is being played on them, when someone is about to pick pocket them, and able to handle breaking up fights between sims fairly easily. Haggling (which should become a skill) should come easily to them.

Gullible sims would be a direct opposite of a street smart sim. They'd be a target for jokes, losing money via pick pocketers, and would fall for all pranks.

Pessimist and optimist are self explanatory. Aggressive sims are able to take what they want when they want it even if it's not in their own home and no one is put out by it. They are ones that can grab a promotion in a heartbeat and go after said promotion with finesse.
  • Options
    Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    Motor-head! And also the ability to be a mechanic as a career
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • Options
    Quick-witted? They could be good with the comebacks if some unruly sim dare to challenge them. They would be good in a pinch if some gullible sim took the cowplant's lure......it could also enhance the genius traits ability to learn stuff faster maybe!
  • Options
    MadRadMandeeMadRadMandee Posts: 110 Member
    I love these ideas! <3
  • Options
    I love these ideas! <3

Thanks!! :)
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited July 2017
    I see Optimist being similar to Good, and Pessimist being similar to Gloomy. But if they could somehow be uniquely implemented instead, that would be cool. We all know which trait my Sim would have. :p

*typo
    Post edited by DevilNDisguise on
  • Options
    I see Optimist being similar to Good, and Pessimist being similar to Gloomy. But if they could somehow be uniquely implanted instead, that would be cool. We all know which trait my Sim would have. :p

LOL!! I don't know.....I've seen the other trait there sometimes :p XD
  • Options
    NikkiIsisNikkiIsis Posts: 44 Member
    how about airhead, indecisive, obsessive, and persuasive?
    airheads walk around clueless about life. they leave food on stoves, forget to get dressed after showers, get lost in conversations, etc.
    indecisive sims cant decide what they want and so their whims often conflict with each other. they don't move up careers fast.
    obsessive sims get hooked an idea or a sim and don't let up until they find another idea. would boost any skill faster as well
    persuasive sims are naturally charismatic and are able to con, convince, manipulate, and calm any sim. or maybe this could be a skill.

I would also like to see a mediator/therapist at the hospital that can help sad, angry, sims. this sim could help families that don't get along or couples with fidelity issues or coworkers who irritate each other. of course this would cost dearly but relationships can improve based on skill of mediator/therapist. what is the sense in playing with emotions if we cant help alter their lives.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2017
    Adventurous, these sims are willing to try anything once. Don't mind taking a chance, they are interested in dating outside their-own-kind (dating/Marrying different Life States)
    *They Seek adventure to places they haven't already gone to.
    love to explore the unknown, and love traveling.

Warm Hearted, these sims are very caring, passionate, especially if you are very important to them. However if you do them wrong they will retaliate.

Naïve, not experienced in life, easily fooled by others, and taken advantaged of constantly.

Sarcastic, That dry sense of humor that can be hurtful if you are being sarcastic with someone you don't know all too well.
    however being sarcastic with people who are close to you, and are able to laugh at them selves will find it funny.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Socially awkward trait....would prefer to be home, when talking to other sims they'd do and say things that others think are weird. Kind of marches to the beat of their own drum.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Saltysea21 wrote: »
    Motor-head! And also the ability to be a mechanic as a career
    Absolutely! That was one of my favorite hobbies from TS2.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @NikkiIsis I would love to see a therapy career in the game. Also would love them to be able to go to uni & get a degree for it someday.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    I just thought of some others.........

Alpha Male/Female: This sim is not afraid to stand up to another sim acting out of sorts, sims would step in line behind them.

Along with this trait, if you found a sim that had it, you could "challenge sim". Once this occurred, if you won, you'd be known as the "alpha male/female" and have that trait.

Flamboyant: This sim would attract the attention of all the sims everywhere. He'd/she'd have all the stylish clothes and fashions. What would set them apart from the fashionista sim would be their ability to clash fashions and make it work for them. Never shy and would be easier for them to become confident, especially after a wardrobe change. Would be a natural born entertainer.

Genealogist: Could be both career path and trait? One who is interested in ancestry of their family. They don't just waste time "thinking about family member", but they are curious to know where they come from. They could have the want to "find distant relative" and at the library they could have "find (sims name)'s family record" and then a dialogue would pop up........each time being different from the last. To have it say "Albert Frost just found out that he is loosely related to Bella Goth" or something. They could be the happiest when they work on it for hours or even be able to be around family to "ask about genealogy". As a career path? They could be hired by other sims to do research for their families or be able to be hired by historians to learn about notable historical figures. @DevilNDisguise.......what do you think about this one? XD :smiley:

That's all for now..........
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Genealogist: Could be both career path and trait? One who is interested in ancestry of their family. They don't just waste time "thinking about family member", but they are curious to know where they come from. They could have the want to "find distant relative" and at the library they could have "find (sims name)'s family record" and then a dialogue would pop up........each time being different from the last. To have it say "Albert Frost just found out that he is loosely related to Bella Goth" or something. They could be the happiest when they work on it for hours or even be able to be around family to "ask about genealogy". As a career path? They could be hired by other sims to do research for their families or be able to be hired by historians to learn about notable historical figures. @DevilNDisguise.......what do you think about this one? XD :smiley:

Interesting concept. Family trees and the way relationships work in the game would have to be drastically improved upon to be able to work like this though. And I don't think that much work is going to go into a trait, or even into a career.
    Another thing is how the trait would work with Sims who literally have no family connections to anyone, compared to Sims like mine, who are part of a nearly 5-generation family. Would the single Sim not be able to find any trace of family, or would it simply spew random pre-mades' names out there as possible distant-relatives? And for the larger families, would it make sure not to use the pre-mades, but the actual family members making up said Sim's tree?
    Either way... It is a decent idea. I'd probably find enjoyment in playing with it, if done properly; I could see myself using it as a sort of hobby, alongside some of my Sims' day-to-day lives.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Bear31 wrote: »

Interesting concept. Family trees and the way relationships work in the game would have to be drastically improved upon to be able to work like this though. And I don't think that much work is going to go into a trait, or even into a career.
    Another thing is how the trait would work with Sims who literally have no family connections to anyone, compared to Sims like mine, who are part of a nearly 5-generation family. Would the single Sim not be able to find any trace of family, or would it simply spew random pre-mades' names out there as possible distant-relatives? And for the larger families, would it make sure not to use the pre-mades, but the actual family members making up said Sim's tree?
    Either way... It is a decent idea. I'd probably find enjoyment in playing with it, if done properly; I could see myself using it as a sort of hobby, alongside some of my Sims' day-to-day lives.

Here's my idea for that......I think it COULD work if we had a family history book that the sims could research and it could be tied to the family tree too. They could "research family tree"......and, like the way they learn about each other when they talk to one another (learning careers and the like), it could be the same for them. Just have a few dialogue boxes like "(name of sim) just found out that (name of other sim) was their great grandma!". The sim with the trait could get a huge emotional moodlet if they had a family-type aspiration too. They could even add in "family pride" as a new moodlet too!! :)
  • Options
    GoddessqueenbGoddessqueenb Posts: 89 Member
    We just need more lots, aspiration, different traits for the game. Kinda tired of using the same old ones over and over for the last 3 years.
  • Options
    Oh!! I got another good one......

Gamer: Yes......we have a computer whiz aspiration/nerd-type trait, however I feel like they need to re-define "nerd" cause not all nerds are into video games and not only nerds love video games. SOOOOOO I give you the Gamer trait!! This person would get tense if they didn't get to sit back and play games from time to time or to talk about games. Loves to compete and debate about games played.
  • Options
    NoeddehavenNoeddehaven Posts: 43 Member
    edited August 2017
    And diagnose traits: ADHD, Bipolar, Schizophrenia.... Made fun in a loving way :-)
    And a rock legend trait. The only choice is Creative and Music Lover.

Idealistic, Relaxed (Hang loose Dude), Sensitive, Competitive, Dreamy, Glamorous, Mystical, Smooth, Calculating, Confused, Egocentric, Paranoid....
  • Options
    And diagnose traits: ADHD, Bipolar, Schizophrenia.... Made fun in a loving way :-)
    And a rock legend trait. The only choice is Creative and Music Lover.

Idealistic, Relaxed (Hang loose Dude), Sensitive, Competitive, Dreamy, Glamorous, Mystical, Smooth, Calculating, Confused, Egocentric, Paranoid....

I don't think these in bold would be a good idea even done in a loving way. The others are good though!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Analytical
    Most often they would get the focused buff. They could often be fine or happy. Emotional extremes otherwise would be harder to retain or get... unless the sim has other traits that promote that. For instance an Analytical Hothead. It can happen and would be fun to watch.
    The could learn slightly faster, need less social maybe excel more in certain careers. I wouldn't need that but seems like the trait could lend itself to that.
    They could "clarify" problems or situations with other sims. Maybe get other boosts from "examining" things thoroughly. They could "detach" emotionally from some situations.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AnonypigAnonypig Posts: 62 Member
    I really miss the Sims 3 array of traits, but then a new trait has to be enticing enough to take up one of our three precious slots. I feel like the traits we earn through gameplay (by fulfilling a childhood aspiration, for example) are meant to replace some of these, but more initial variety would be nice.

I was thinking about an "Anxious" trait earlier, which might have occasional tense moodlets (maybe "Did I Leave The Stove On?"), but decided that it would hit a little too close to home in practice...
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Nevermind.....thought the forum ate my response to someone's post.
  • Options
    Nosy

They would be in everyone else's business. Theyd get stressed or tense if they didn't gossip and would always be paying attention to conversations around them.

Affable

These sims love to listen and are easy to talk to. They often find that they are the listening ear that many sims need. They get along with just about anyone because of their relaxed and happy nature. I imagine that, when paired with the popular and party animal aspirations, that it'll be easier to gain milestones. Their abilities will help social levels rise quicker.

• Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Am I the only one that wants the workaholic trait back? I always miss it when I want to create an ambitious businessman...such a sim MUST be a workaholic! :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff