Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

start a legacy challenge together

Comments

• SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited July 2017
    @SimQueenie9 :D Or perhaps your own thread!

My own thread? O-O

P.S.: How's your catching-up coming along?
  • allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    @SimQueenie9 will play some tomorrow! I'm caught up on my other projects now (and back home :D ) So I'll share a big update in the next couple days!
    I wish more people were doing this. Q-Q
    Time is probably a big factor, hang in there!
    edited July 2017
    I have an update, finally! First off, I've made a page for this endeavor on my blog. It includes a chapter listing, as I've decided to do individual posts there for each week of the household head's life.

Now that that is out of the way, let's get into the Week 2 update!

This week was an extremely busy week for Ms. Elise! First off, she invited Paolo over and asked him to move in. They were good friends, and Elise found him very attractive; living together seemed like a great way to take their relationship to the next step and kill the loneliness she had. Paolo agreed.

joint-legacy-week-2-house-1-allysimbuilds.png

He didn’t bring in any money with him. Turns out he was a free-loader at his old residence, too. Elise used her savings to build them a small, but cute, shack towards the front of her property.

joint-legacy-week-2-elise-married-allysimbuilds.png

Elise proposed to Paolo, and he accepted. The two were married right away!

Elise and Paolo both kept building their skills and earning promotions at work. Paolo finished the week as a Dance Team Captain, earning $39 simoleons per hour. Elise is now a Minor Crimelord earning $32 per hour!

joint-legacy-week-2-elise-shares-big-news-allysimbuilds.png

Elise's Skills:

Charisma – 2
    Comedy – 1
    Dancing – 1
    Fitness – 10
    Gardening – 5
    Handiness – 1
    Mischief – 5
    Piano – 2
    Programming – 2
    edited July 2017
    I hate this game right now.

I HATE THIS GAME, I HATE THIS GAME, I. HATE. THIS. GAME. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH "H'S" OR EXCLAMATION MARKS TO CONVEY HOW
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been doing nothing. But making sure that toddlers don't starve to death. For...I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER HOW LONG IT'S BEEN. I CAN'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME ULYSSES PAINTED SOMETHING. OR THE LAST TIME THAT HE AND ELISE INTERACTED IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER.

TO TOP IT OFF, KIM WAS TAKEN AWAY AFTER SHE ACTUALLY -DID- "STARVE TO DEATH".

AND MARY AND DAWN WON'T STOP MAKING MESSES ALL OVER THE
    HOUSE. IT WAS CUTE WHEN TRENT DID IT THE FIRST COUPLE OF TIMES, BECAUSE I'D JUST INSTALLED PARENTHOOD AND IT WAS A NEW THING! BUT NOW, IT HAPPENS EVERY
    DAY. PRACTICALLY ON THE HOUR!!!!! I CAN'T REMEMBER IF REBECA DOES IT TOO, GIVEN HER ANGELIC TRAIT, BUT I WOULDN'T PUT IT PAST HER, GIVEN THAT IN SIMS 4 TRAITS DON'T MEAN A
    THING!

REBECA IS GOING TO BE THEIR LAST CHILD, OR SOMEBODY HAD BETTER SLAP ME UPSIDE THE
    HEAD.

*HEAVY BREATHING*

...Ahhh, that makes me feel better.

Somewhat.

EDIT: YEP. REBECA DOES IT TOO. SAME AS HER NON-"WELL-BEHAVED" SIBLINGS. *CURSES LOUD ENOUGH FOR THE NEIGHBORS ACROSS THE STREET TO HEAR*

EDIT #2: ....On the bright side, Ulysses finally rolled a whim to become engaged to Elise, who has three cowplant berries.

EDIT #3: Yep. Another Sim day, and I'm starting it out by checking everybody's needs. Because that's all I ever seem to do in this game. Satisfy needs. Because the AI technically has free will, but is too stupid to take care of itself. How is this fun, again?

EDIT #4: "Rebeca is very hungry. Be sure to feed her before she gets taken away!" *removes glasses* *drags hand down face, breathing deeply* OH, IS SHE NOW? AND IN OTHER NEWS, THE MOON IS SCHEDULED TO COMPLETE ANOTHER ORBIT AROUND THE EARTH!
    Post edited by SimQueenie9 on
    Cook a group meal and just place it on the floor! The toddlers will eat it! Hang in there @SimQueenie9, we're in this together!!! <3
    That's what I always do. I briefly experimented with giving the family a high chair, but as always the AI didn't know how to use it properly and the toddlers usually just ended up falling asleep in it instead of eating because the caretakers took too long putting them in it, etc.

I hate setting the group meal on the floor, though. It's like, "Here, kid, take your [-] food and get out of my sight."
    It does feel a little like that... :D Desperate times call for desperate measures!
    Thankfully Mary and Dawn just became children, so now there's just Rebeca to deal with...Until next generation. X-X

I think I'm going to have Trent and maybe one of the heir's sisters stick around to help.
    Hi everyone! I've got my Week 3 update for Generation 1, Elise! If just providing a link to the post is a hassle, let me know and I'll try to give more of an update here in the future. :)
    edited July 2017
    I uploaded my pics to Flickr, and would've kept my Photobucket account for editing---but both times that I edited the pic below, it was replaced with a "Upgrade for third-party sharing" thing.

So, very well, Photobucket....Be that way. It was fun while it lasted (which, to remind you, is 'since May 29, 2005.')

36189431156_5b81e34153_z.jpg

Elise became pregnant almost right after the twins' birth, just because I felt like giving her another child, even if it was a boy.

(Spoiler alert: It wasn't a boy. Poor Trent.)

36096819461_a65c740fbf_z.jpg

The next day, when Dawn became a toddler, she was hungry. I dragged a bowl of chips and salsa out of the fridge, and set it on her bedroom floor---but before she could retrieve it, Elise came in, sat on her bed, and ate it instead.

Dawn (already on the verge of a fit) waddled in and made a mess in front of her. Even though Ulysses needed to discipline the children five times for his Aspiration, I let her get away with it.

36096819101_e1a8ae83f7_z.jpg

This time, however...

36096818531_66a1f0dd9a_z.jpg

So....I have anger issues? As in, I know what these Sim toddlers feel like when they throw a fit?

I told Ulysses to Give [Dawn a] Second Wind, in the hopes it would restore at least some of her energy, so she could eat. At first, he just stood there at her bedside while she fumed. I cancelled the interaction and did it again, and he talked to her, but nothing happened to her needs.

"That didn't do [anything]," I said to myself stiffly---but on the inside, I was screaming and throwing things across the room.

[Screw] it. I'd set out another bowl of nachos (my Sims don't know what 'healthy diet' means), and if she ate it, she ate it; if she was taken away, she was taken away. I did so after ten million tries---the game kept returning it to the refrigerator even when I didn't try to place it on Dawn's mess ("PUT IT DOWN!" I shouted)---and Ulysses picked Dawn up ("PUT-!"), only to immediately set her down again. Then she passed out.

...So yes---at that point I did end up screaming bloody murder into a pillow.

If they have a sixth child before Elise is almost ready to sprout gray hairs, somebody please slap the [daylights] out of me.

WILL SOMEBODY REPAIR THE _________ TOILET? IT'S THE ONLY ONE YOU HAVE.

I had to tell Elise to do it, since she was this close to bladder failure.

Perfect, the only shower needs repaired too. ___________________________!

I purchased the Free Services reward for Elise, and told her to get a nanny in there immediately. Oh, and the repair service too. And a one-time maid and gardener while she was at it.

Then I broke down and bought a high chair, because the nanny won't just get food from the fridge and bring it to the toddlers when there's no other option, EVEN THOUGH THAT WOULD MAKE __________ SENSE, WOULDN'T IT?

36096818101_5c32255123_z.jpg

I panned the camera away from the lot, and left the game on autopilot. When I returned five Sim hours later, Mary was starving while standing in front of the empty high chair. And Elise, whose own hunger and bladder needs were in the red...DECIDED TO PLAY GAMES ON THE ________ TABLET!

*INCOHERENT RAVING*

Great, Dawn's starving too. Elise, Ulysses, BOTH OF YOU [QUIT SLACKING OFF]! Also, the nanny was apparently still there. Remind me to fire her.

Oh, yes, good, Elise, very good: Pee, and then stand next to Dawn for _______ ever instead of feeding her---or bathing her, for that matter (there were green fumes coming off of her)---until she passes out. Excellent idea. I am going to murder all of you. You see if I don't!

*sigh* So basically, what's going on in this picture is: All of Dawn's needs except for Bladder were in the red.

Com-plete-ly.

Kim was in the same boat.

36189425716_108071f856_z.jpg

Mary, that ungrateful brat, was doing a little better; even though her Hunger was in the low yellow, she smacked her food off the high chair. All of her other needs were red.

Trent was doing okay, other than his Hunger and Fun being low, too. I wouldn't've been surprised in the least if the girls were taken away and he ended up heir after all.

I certainly wouldn't've minded.

Ulysses was in bed with next-to-no Energy (same as Elise, except for the 'in bed' part), half Social, and low Hunger. Hygiene? Fun? Nonexistent.

I was SORELY tempted to cheat, but NOPE---if the children were removed, so be it. Even though that'd never happened to me before.

Right as Elise was calling the nanny service again---or rather, as she was about to call the nanny service before she passed out...There went Kim.

I couldn't even adopt her back.

Ulysses was crushed. And since Dawn was in the same condition, I expected her to follow quickly after. Welp...good thing Elise was pregnant, right?

Just as this was going on, Trent entered a Rebellious phase where he'd "seek to challenge parental authority." Like they really needed his attitude. Okay, scumbasket, you can get taken away too for all I care.

36096816681_0e99d63cbd_z.jpg

Elise called the nanny, and had work in less than an hour when she passed out in front of the fridge. The nanny I couldn't yet fire because Elise didn't have the wherewithal to do so AND survive placed Mary---covered head-to-toe in dirt---in the high chair.

Elise went to work, and Trent to school, and the nanny left Mary to fall asleep in her peas while she went upstairs to where Dawn was asleep on the landing.

When Mary woke, the interaction to eat her peas was cancelled but wouldn't go away, and she wouldn't do anything else. Just sat there. I seriously wanted to cry.

36096816031_bb5a80fb4e_z.jpg

Almost fourteen hours after Kim was taken away, the family got a new house.

Elise paid the bills after work, leaving the family with $1,326. (It's sad that that amount makes me feel rich.)

Ulysses was fully rested and back to normal.

36096814671_9d95c6ab2d_z.jpg

Elise was dead tired, but I expected she would be fine soon, too. I was really thinking of having her quit and be a farmer/carpenter/stay-at-home mom. The novelty of her being an astronaut had worn off long ago.

36189421966_451f2f7e0a_z.jpg

Trent was fine. Just depressed like everyone else. As the only boy, he got his own room (like my maternal uncle).

The twins still suffered the most---Mary had low everything except Hygiene (after the nanny bathed her upon request), and Dawn was pretty tired, and had low Hygiene, Fun, and Attention.

I gave Ulysses the Marketable reward trait, so he could sell his paintings and any woodwork he might get done for more Simoleons.

36096815341_fc17b0b7b2_z.jpg

Ulysses tried to hug it out with Trent after he found him crying in the bathroom, but Trent waved him away. (Nevertheless, he still gained Emotional Control points...)

Elise quit her job. Then a few hours later, she went into labor.

Aaaaand…

That’s when I shut off the game so I could pick names in the morning. :3

36189424776_f7c434d190_z.jpg

Rebeca Robinson was born c. 8:33 a.m., the day after the catastrophe.

36096813421_fb5b5e7a8d_z.jpg

Ulysses completed the second(?) phase of his Aspiration when he scolded Dawn for creating YET ANOTHER mess.

WHY HAVEN'T HE AND ELISE PUT ALL THE FLOUR AND PAINT AND WHATEVER-ELSE IN A LOCKED CUPBOARD YET?!

OR BETTER YET---BURIED THEM?!?

36189420286_5eb7c2b6f4_z.jpg

Elise did some carpentry, making her own planter box, and the horse sculpture which sits atop their living room bookcase.

36096812591_03758097da_z.jpg

(Ulysses reading while Trent watches the Kids' Network. No real reason for this picture, I just like it.)

36096811611_86a2243fea_z.jpg
    36096810791_31e52d2858_z.jpg

Rebeca gained the Angelic trait, and looks like she might be the spitting image of Elise.

36189414816_0e598e9549_z.jpg

(...Quite self-explanatory. >-> <-< >-> )

36234722115_57d3f4f03e_z.jpg
    35396652434_05b898bd26_z.jpg

Just as I was about to lose my ________ mind, the twins became children. (Mary got the Artistic Prodigy Aspiration like Trent, and the Cheerful trait, while Dawn got 'Rambunctious Scamp' and 'Gloomy.' However, Dawn seems like the more sunny of the two. #Sims4traitsareuseless)

Ulysses was able to sell a few paintings again. He even rolled a whim to get engaged to Elise after spending some quality time with her on the living room couch, which is something he hadn't done in I-Haven't-The-Faintest-How-Long.

I briefly switched to another household and experimented with building them a restaurant. When I came back, Trent and Dawn were standing at opposite ends of a street across the neighborhood by the river. Trent ran over to make fun of her face, or something like that, and found her making a mess. For the umpteenth time.

I AM SICK OF THIS __________!

36189413086_bb261bc788_z.jpg

After he mocked her, his...relationship with her improved.

And she responded by teasing him about a crush.

Which also gained them relationship points.

Okay, I know that some siblings (my younger brother and I, for example) have that kind of rapport to where they can insult each other, and both know that it's all in good fun. But I have a feeling that if this exchange occurred between Trent and Mary, for example---or any other pair of siblings---it would have the same result.

Wasn't Parenthood supposed to introduce sibling rivalry?

36234721655_3e7e251bd0_z.jpg36101588051_358ea2b306_z.jpg35843452440_700895b1be_z.jpg36234721305_8bd86c658e_z.jpg35400597134_a3c0742906_z.jpg

The current house, which I'm considering knocking down because I don't much like the J-shape design. Plus, there's no space in the twins' room for Rebeca, and she'll be a child in four days. (She'll age up the same day as Trent.)

Ulysses has 15 days to Elder, but is only 110 Satisfaction points from that Potion of Youth he so desperately needs, now that Elise is almost an Adult too. She still isn't pregnant again. *crosses fingers*

Elise hasn't made any progress on her Aspiration since she was pregnant with Rebeca. She still needs three more Gardening skill; to evolve ten plants to Excellent; and to grow a cowplant. (Well, I suppose 'hasn't made any progress' is a bit strong---she does have three cowplant seeds now. She just needs to find an opportunity to plant them.) Ulysses needs to help a child with schoolwork for four hours, and have a child within range to receive a character value trait. (The closest is Trent, and his Emotional Control isn't even halfway green yet.)

Trent's Rebellious streak is ongoing. In fact, it seems like it's never going to end. Thankfully, it's so inconsequential that I forgot about it.

The family has $2,160.
    • ELISE:
      1. 7 Gardening (very near to 8)
      2. 6 Cooking
      3. 5 Parenting
      4. 4 Logic
      5. 3 Charisma; Comedy; Handiness
      6. 2 Dancing; Fitness
      7. 1 Baking; Fishing; Gourmet Cooking; Mischief; Painting; Video Gaming; Writing
    • ULYSSES:
      1. 8 Painting
      2. 7 Parenting
      3. 3 Gardening; Logic
      4. 2 Cooking; Handiness; Mischief
      5. 1 Charisma; Comedy; Dancing; Video Gaming
    • TRENT:
      1. 3 Creativity; Motor; Social
      2. 1 Mental
    • MARY:
      1. 2 Creativity
      2. 1 Mental; Motor; Social
    • DAWN:
      1. 3 Creativity
      2. 2 Social
      3. 1 Motor
    • REBECA:
      1. 3 Movement
      2. 2 Imagination; Potty
      3. 1 Communication; Thinking
    Post edited by SimQueenie9 on
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    Do you think it would be weird if I did the legacy with her in my neighborhood rotation save file?
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
    That's an interesting concept @Arrowleaf and sounds pretty fun to play! Hmmm... hopefully the thread creator @MissCharlie will weigh in. As far as forum rules, would only posting content related to Elise be allowed? I'm not sure. Anyone else have a more definitive answer?
    Ah, I would only post updates on her (unless she was interacting with the other households) but I just want to make sure that it would be kosher that she would be on her own a lot. I have aging set to only the current household as well so that the other households do not age while I am not playing them, and while sims are extremely bad at doing anything for themselves while not being controlled (including going to work....), I don't want to have an 'unfair' advantage or something. ^_^
    4s8gctV.png
    No worries--this is pretty relaxed, so you can play her however you want really! I think the whole idea was so see how differently everyone would make her life. :)
    edited July 2017
    Alright, so I gave Elise a make over (no changes to her genetics, just clothing and hair and make-up).

I moved her onto a 50x50 lot in Willow Creek because all my 64x64 lots are taken by other families.

She stared at her suit of armor for a while, wondering why the thing was on her lot.

qR9WXG8.png

And then she decided to collect some fossils and gems.

YIz30N3.png

Before finally deciding to capture some frogs.

56DqdQK.png

:)
    Post edited by Arrowleaf on
    4s8gctV.png
    @Arrowleaf: Your Elise is gorgeous, especially that ponytail! <3
    Most recent update complete.
    @Arrowleaf: Your Elise is gorgeous, especially that ponytail! <3

Thank you! It looks like most of us are doing weekly updates so I'll post my next update once an in game week has passed. <3
    4s8gctV.png
    Hooray! Another simmer to join in! My next update will come Wednesday I think. So, I guess you have that to look forward to? Haha! >:)
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    This sounds like a lot of fun. Mind if I join?
    suRdkSd.jpg
    House-building is the absolute worst.