Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forget Pets, University, Seasons . . .

I want a tropical island with ability to swim in the ocean, boating and hop on a cruise ship to other islands.

Comments

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2017
    Finally someone who says it! If I am really honest, and I would have the choice between pets and a tropical island...well, I would go with the island all the way, even though I would also like pets again!

Seriously, what does everyone have with seasons anyway? I like the always sunny weather and it drives me nuts when I want my TS3 sims to visit the park, but as soon as they step out of the door it begins to rain, just like real life I guess :D
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Same here. I already fake pets (with fx player and cc statues), I can have university play of my own and there are seasons mods. But artificial beaches always look, well, artificial. Their fakeness jumps me in the face.

Another factor is that I never really got into Sims 3, returned to Sims 2 early and missed out on Island Paradise.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited July 2017
    But what if you could have all four. What would you say to that?
    ETA: Me, I would say bring them on then because I would like to have them all in my game.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited July 2017
    That is actually the last thing that I want, even behind University, which has been one of my least favorite packs in every iteration in which it featured. Perhaps the disaster that was Island Paradise has soured me even more on a theme that I was already sour on. Pets and seasons, however, are the final two pieces that I require to complete my Sims experience for The Sims 4.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I easily want all four. Why toss the idea of the others for just one anyway?
    taydev wrote: »
    I easily want all four. Why toss the idea of the others for just one anyway?
    ^^^^^^^ Good point!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Nah, I think that would get too boring quickly. Especially since we know how half baked TS4 stuff are.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • IdeasforsimsIdeasforsims Posts: 116 Member
    I would love to see Pets, Seasons, University and Island Paradise
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    To be honest I would like all of these things, I loved Island Paradise but really want to see Pets too :smile:
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    That is actually the last thing that I want, even behind University, which has been one of my least favorite packs in every iteration in which it featured. Perhaps the disaster that was Island Paradise has soured me even more on a theme that I was already sour on. Pets and seasons, however, are the final two pieces that I require to complete my Sims experience for The Sims 4.

IP was problematic on many levels -- routing errors, Sims getting "stuck" in the middle of the ocean. The fact that it took forever to get anywhere by boat. I liked the theme, but it could have been executed a lot better.

A tropical vacation pack would be nice, but it doesn't have to be an EP; it could be done as a GP like Outdoor Retreat, just as well. Model it more after Twiikii Island from Sims 2 Bon Voyage, with plenty to do but smaller scale than IP, or maybe Sunlit Tides (Store world). If Seasons is in development, it would make a good followup because Sims are going to want to have a place to get away from the snow. :)

For me, I want the much-requested rural/farming pack -- some of the ideas from the recent Stuff Pack survey (for the Community pack) like canning or nectar making could be incorporated into that pack. Sprinkler system so you can have a large garden without taking all day to water. Enable kids to garden (build Motor skill) -- they can water, weed, and harvest bushes (too short to harvest trees so leave that to the bigger Sims). Maybe a toy garden for toddlers to build Movement -- they can "pretend" water then "pick" the plant and pretend to eat. That's the sort of pack I'd like to see, a change from the urban/suburban life that we normally get. We got Appaloosa Plains with Sims 3, but it was more geared towards Pets (especially horses) and not so much to the gardening aspect.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Nah, I think that would get too boring quickly. Especially since we know how half baked TS4 stuff are.

Says you. I really love how sims 4 has handled things so far.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would like to see all of these themes and some others.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Hester666Hester666 Posts: 27 Member
    would like to see theme parks or just a fair ground. Zoos would be cool
  • minimeg2425minimeg2425 Posts: 144 Member
    I loved Island Paradise but I love Pets so much more. I miss having the little fur babies running around.
    Island Paradise did have it's problems. But sure was fun to play. Especially taking the risk of being grabbed by that sea monster that lived in an underwater cave. Or having your boat destroyed by the kraken.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

IP was problematic on many levels -- routing errors, Sims getting "stuck" in the middle of the ocean. The fact that it took forever to get anywhere by boat. I liked the theme, but it could have been executed a lot better.

A tropical vacation pack would be nice, but it doesn't have to be an EP; it could be done as a GP like Outdoor Retreat, just as well. Model it more after Twiikii Island from Sims 2 Bon Voyage, with plenty to do but smaller scale than IP, or maybe Sunlit Tides (Store world). If Seasons is in development, it would make a good followup because Sims are going to want to have a place to get away from the snow. :)

For me, I want the much-requested rural/farming pack -- some of the ideas from the recent Stuff Pack survey (for the Community pack) like canning or nectar making could be incorporated into that pack. Sprinkler system so you can have a large garden without taking all day to water. Enable kids to garden (build Motor skill) -- they can water, weed, and harvest bushes (too short to harvest trees so leave that to the bigger Sims). Maybe a toy garden for toddlers to build Movement -- they can "pretend" water then "pick" the plant and pretend to eat. That's the sort of pack I'd like to see, a change from the urban/suburban life that we normally get. We got Appaloosa Plains with Sims 3, but it was more geared towards Pets (especially horses) and not so much to the gardening aspect.

I'd be happy with a GP for tropical vacation if that was the best they could do. Today I was thinking about the different countries we had in TS3, which could be done in GP's also.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

Says you. I really love how sims 4 has handled things so far.

Really? Even Get To Work? And I'm not hating on The Sims 4 or anything. I love the game but I think it could be so much more, if I'm comparing it with TS2.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I want a tropical island with ability to swim in the ocean, boating and hop on a cruise ship to other islands.

Knowing the sims 4 the swiming would be restricted to that island to :p
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    Noo, seasons and pets change the gameplay completely. Those are EPs that are going to be used all the time, while vacation EP would probably be used quite rarely. I mean, most people don't go to vacation every few days. And I always felt University bring more depth to the game and better stories for our sims. So those three are a must for me :D but we will probably get more vacation game packs in the future :)
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017
    Bring em all!

Island Paradise worked better for me using mods like Overwatch that helped to release stuck Sims and routing issues. I played and wrote a story for almost two years in IP. I want to make a new wave there.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

That's why you will like TS4's Vacations where you go to the beach, or the mountains (for snow and skiing) and the wetlands for rain...I presume we see something like TS1's Vacations rather than a seasons ep like in older games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Oh I still remember weather from the older Sims games. Like weather in Sims 2 Castaways where my sim got fried at least twice by lightning while swimming in a pond or the sea. I thought there for a while that my sim was a done critter because he kept getting struck by lightning while swimming in Sims 2 Castaways. I guess that even in The Sims, if you hear thunder, head indoors quickly. Or your sim just might end sporting a new hair style called Lightning Frizz. :D
    marcel21 wrote: »

Knowing the sims 4 the swiming would be restricted to that island to :p

Well, we only had scuba diving in Isla Paradiso, so if that's the only way to get ocean swimming I'm okay with that (maybe there are dangerous rip tides in the home worlds so no ocean swimming).
    Cinebar wrote: »

That's why you will like TS4's Vacations where you go to the beach, or the mountains (for snow and skiing) and the wetlands for rain...I presume we see something like TS1's Vacations rather than a seasons ep like in older games.

Why not both?

Why_not_both.jpg
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Yes to a tropical island GP! I made this tropical getaway render to get an idea of how it might look in TS4's art style.

the_sims_4_tropical_getaway_render__fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dbiczrq.png

Totally shameless plug. :blush: